Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > General Gender Discussions

Old 04-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ivan Coyote

Has anyone started an Ivan Coyote thread?

If not, then I want to start one. Let me know.
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaisninja View Post
Has anyone started an Ivan Coyote thread?

If not, then I want to start one. Let me know.
Being all-knowing of every single thread on this site, I can assure you that there is yet to be an Ivan Coyote thread.

I don't think so. There would have been talk of Ivan on the thread for the first BFP Reunion, because Ivan was supposed to perform, but otherwise, no I do not think that there has ever been a thread on Ivan.

I am assuming you did a search?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation

I did do a search. But I don't know if I searched correctly.

I want to start posting their videos. Now.

(someone told me that Ivan now prefers they/them)
Old 04-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I did do a search. But I don't know if I searched correctly.

I want to start posting their videos. Now.

(someone told me that Ivan now prefers they/them)
Go for it!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:52 AM   #5
silkepus

How Do You Identify?:
covered in ink and glitter
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
watching pictures of cats on tumblr

silkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputationsilkepus Has the BEST Reputation

Yay. I just finished reading their books percistance and missed her.

silkepus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silkepus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Butch Roadmap

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #7
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default The Femme Piece

You might shed a tear watching this one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2014, 10:10 PM   #8
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thank you silkepus. I went to amazon and put both of those books and the rest of them in my shopping cart.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #9
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I only just discovered these videos last Wednesday night, when a friend posted them on Facebook. I watched them both several times, and I think they helped me have such a great first date on Thursday. I felt much more relaxed and open, and I was so grateful and proud to spend the evening with such a big handsome chilvarous butch. I had a lovely time, and I'm hopeful for a second date.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2014, 02:20 AM   #10
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 2,413 Times in 362 Posts
Femmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST Reputation

I'm particularly fond of the excerpt on YouTube from "Just A Love Story". What Ivan said about her eyes struck me and has always stayed with me. It's an interesting thought, anyway!

http://youtu.be/bCaCiGsMDWs
Old 04-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #11
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

^^^ Wow, I need to get me some big red boots.
The Following User Says Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #12
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Ivan Coyote news May 15, 2014

"I did my very first public high school show in the USA today, after 15 years of school shows all across Canada, and beyond. Historically the Christian Right have been too powerful and organized in the US, bullying the school administrators into not allowing performers like me to come into public schools. But not today. Not in Oregon. I performed for 150 GSA kids this morning, and 500 students of all sorts this afternoon. One of the students hand drew this poster for me. His name was Chris and I didn't get to meet him, but I kept this poster and I will save it to remember this day forever." ~Ivan Coyote~

Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #13
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

^^^ That is fucking amazeballs. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #14
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Ivan Coyote in Ottawa yesterday (May 20, 2014)

Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2014, 01:18 AM   #15
okieblu

How Do You Identify?:
queer butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey you!
Relationship Status:
Single

okieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputationokieblu Has the BEST Reputation

Aparently Ivan joined BFP a couple of years ago, but never posted. He's still on the members list.
okieblu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to okieblu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2014, 02:24 AM   #16
Aryon

How Do You Identify?:
Butch female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
I know her heartsong and she, mine

Aryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I only just discovered these videos last Wednesday night, when a friend posted them on Facebook. I watched them both several times, and I think they helped me have such a great first date on Thursday. I felt much more relaxed and open, and I was so grateful and proud to spend the evening with such a big handsome chilvarous butch. I had a lovely time, and I'm hopeful for a second date.
anaisninja ... both of those pieces are from Ivan's book titled 'Missed Her' published by Arsenal Press.

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."

My Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/115942843945062331510

My Blog: http://christhebutch.wordpress.com
Aryon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aryon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2014, 12:04 AM   #17
odd_boi_out

How Do You Identify?:
transmasculine, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
they
Relationship Status:
Single

odd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputationodd_boi_out Has the BEST Reputation

I am a huge fan of Ivan's! I recently finished Gender Failure, a new book by Ivan and Rae Spoon, and let's just say it's been a long time since a book has really resonated with me so personally.
odd_boi_out is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to odd_boi_out For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2014, 05:58 PM   #18
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Huge Ivan fan here. Both my self and my guy. So great to have a collective area for viewing/reading! One of our early bonding moments when we got together was watching videos of Ivan and laughing/crying/sighing/lusting together.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #19
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I am a huge Ivan fan. If you ever get a chance to hear Ivan speak, make it a priority. I am on the board of our local Pride Centre and our ED knows Ivan (Yay Canada). I got to meet and speak to Ivan when they were here in Edmonton, it was a great night. Such an amazingly inspirational person.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2014, 03:56 PM   #20
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Redsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST Reputation

Think we could get Ivan and Rae Spoon to come perform at the next reunion? How amazing would that be??
Redsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote