Old 11-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #14621
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Thank you!

Am trying another pillow now. My neck and shoulder are hurting this morning but I moved heavy furniture around a lot yesterday. Will keep testing this pillow till Monday when two more pillows are coming. If the ones coming on Monday don’t work I will move on to these. I like that I have 100 days to try it out and free US shipping. I can work with that.

Thanks for thinking of me, Gemme, and good luck with the cilantro. That would have perfect on my rice last night!

Tylenol Extra Strength is on my mind this morning.
You're welcome. The ad popped up while perusing YouTube and I was like, heyyyyyy, that sounds promising so I went to their website and it seems like a nice alternative to the usual fare.

Blech. I'm not a fan of the c word. Stuff tastes like dirty dishwater to me. Usually it's cut up small enough that I don't really notice but this brand (Taylor Farms) puts extra in it.

On my mind right now is relief. I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. There's a LOT of work to do to undo and redirect the hate that's out there but I feel we....the human race....have a chance with Joe and Kamala.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #14622
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Blech. I'm not a fan of the c word. Stuff tastes like dirty dishwater to me. Usually it's cut up small enough that I don't really notice but this brand (Taylor Farms) puts extra in it.
Trivia!

I came across an interesting fact while recently getting the results from my DNA testing. It turns out that approximately 17% of the population has a genetic mutation that makes cilantro taste like soap for people with that variant. I’ve always thought it strange that the people who didn’t like it really didn’t like it, so now I know.

Confirmed. Gemme is a cilantro mutant!
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 07:58 PM   #14623
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 01:02 AM   #14624
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,156 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

The presidential transition. Chemotherapy. My disability insurance company's willingness to cooperate (or not). The dreams I have every night which are full of beautiful desserts, but I always wake up before I get to eat any. What might be wrong with my car. My kitty's health. How many good friends I have.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 08:31 AM   #14625
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Trivia!

I came across an interesting fact while recently getting the results from my DNA testing. It turns out that approximately 17% of the population has a genetic mutation that makes cilantro taste like soap for people with that variant. I’ve always thought it strange that the people who didn’t like it really didn’t like it, so now I know.

Confirmed. Gemme is a cilantro mutant!
'tis true, it is! Cilantro is my nemesis. I've read the same thing. Britannica Online says:

Cilantro (aka the leaves of the coriander plant) is a tasty herb to most people. A pleasing combination of flavors reminiscent of parsley and citrus, the herb is a common ingredient in many cuisines around the world.

However, some people find cilantro revolting, including, famously, the chef Julia Child. Of course some of this dislike may come down to simple preference, but for those cilantro-haters for whom the plant tastes like soap, the issue is genetic. These people have a variation in a group of olfactory-receptor genes that allows them to strongly perceive the soapy-flavored aldehydes in cilantro leaves. This genetic quirk is usually only found in a small percent of the population, though it varies geographically.

Interestingly, places where cilantro is especially popular, such as Central America and India, have fewer people with these genes, which might explain how the herb was able to become such a mainstay in those regions. East Asians have the highest incidence of this variation, with some studies showing that nearly 20% of the population experiences soapy-tasting cilantro.

There is some evidence that cilantrophobes can overcome their aversion with repeated exposure to the herb, especially if it is crushed rather than served whole, but many people simply choose to go with their genetic inclinations and avoid its soapiness altogether.

To that I say, nope. I'm okay with being in the same group as Julia Child.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #14626
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

This Andrea Gibson post everyone is sharing is on my mind. It still breaks my heart that 70 million people support a man who believes the United States is only for certain people, the rest of us are not welcome. Reading this made my heart feel a little less broken. Civility and compassion is back in the White House. We can all miss the Obamas a little less desperately. I agree, yes, let's leave the light on for each other.

Andrea Gibson-
"When President Obama was in office, I was invited to the White House with a group of teens I had helped select as our National Student Poets. We were in a small room with Michelle Obama.

The students were very excited, but also extremely nervous. Recognizing this, the First Lady began telling the story of her family’s first day in the White House. She described the thrill, but also described how her family felt out of place as they walked through the halls terrified to touch anything. As she shared the details, I watched the students’ shoulders relax in unison.
That moment has never left me because there was so much care in the way she held compassion for the students' fears that they might not belong. So much grace in her awareness of how many people live with the feeling of being unwelcome outsiders.

The Trump administration built its “legacy” on telling marginalized people that they do not belong in the U.S. For 4 years they tore the welcome mats out from under the feet of people whose toes were just beginning to find the tiniest corners to stand on.

I celebrate today for many reasons, but one is faith that we are in the midst of a movement invested in building the biggest porchlight for each other that we possibly can. I believe in the light we are creating, and am so grateful we are here together."
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2020, 05:18 PM   #14627
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Pillows, Moving, and Pluto TV

The last of the pillows came today. If these don't work, then I'll wait till I'm in Michigan or Illinois to try out some more. I've been peeking at some cute condos in Illinois but their property tax is as bad, if not worse than, the Wolverine state.

The move is on my mind, too. I just wish it was over. I want to be in my new place, seeing family, adjusting to the snow, unpacking boxes, buying snow tires, riding on my exercise bike, missing California. But I know I need to go with flow and enjoy the transition.

Am grateful to have a good team of people working with me. Lord knows I couldn't do this by myself.

I think Pluto.tv is run by right-wingers. I gotta find a new jones.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #14628
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Pillows, Moving, and Pluto TV

The last of the pillows came today. If these don't work, then I'll wait till I'm in Michigan or Illinois to try out some more. I've been peeking at some cute condos in Illinois but their property tax is as bad, if not worse than, the Wolverine state.

The move is on my mind, too. I just wish it was over. I want to be in my new place, seeing family, adjusting to the snow, unpacking boxes, buying snow tires, riding on my exercise bike, missing California. But I know I need to go with flow and enjoy the transition.

Am grateful to have a good team of people working with me. Lord knows I couldn't do this by myself.

I think Pluto.tv is run by right-wingers. I gotta find a new jones.
Illinois????
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 12:46 PM   #14629
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default What is on your mind.

I have been thinking a couple of days concerning an email I got. I was asked if I was crazy when I attempted to be nice, to share and to show appreciation so, I think after much consideration I might be.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 02:18 PM   #14630
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

On my mind..

Why do people always lean towards second guessing themselves? There is too much reading between the lines😎

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #14631
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Skype impresses me. It allows for direct conversation rather than guessing at messages and making an ass of yourself by doing so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 07:44 PM   #14632
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My digestive system. There is a limit to how much roughage and raw foods I can eat. It's really not much at all. I can have one large salad as a meal and be okay, but any more in the same day and I will not be able to digest it. I can have small servings about 3-4 times, and then I will not be able to digest. What do I eat to get my system under control again? Pizza. Canned soup. PB & J. Ice cream. Cheeseburgers. Highly processed foods straighten out my system and keep it operating efficiently, against all conventional good advice. I'm sure I did this to myself by eating too many highly processed foods in the first place.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #14633
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

on my mind...too many friends have lost their fur babies. My heart hurts for each one. I know that pain as well. I came across this song..brings a smile and a few tears..we loved unconditionally🐾❤

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 09:15 PM   #14634
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

OMG what a heartfelt song. I lost my 3 fur babies after I moved out from my ex. 2 Schipperke dogs (mother and daughter) and one persian/bermese cross black cat. I use to sit in my arm chair with a dog on each arm and the cat on my lap. Ebony, Milo and Baby Cat. Can you believe that a philosopher said animals have no souls. Not much of a thinker I would say.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2020, 11:28 PM   #14635
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
OMG what a heartfelt song. I lost my 3 fur babies after I moved out from my ex.
I once lost 4 fur babies when I broke up with an ex, too. Never again. When I think back on my exes, I always think of her as the one who tore my family apart.

Gosh, that song made me cry.

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2020, 01:06 PM   #14636
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
My digestive system. There is a limit to how much roughage and raw foods I can eat. It's really not much at all. I can have one large salad as a meal and be okay, but any more in the same day and I will not be able to digest it. I can have small servings about 3-4 times, and then I will not be able to digest. What do I eat to get my system under control again? Pizza. Canned soup. PB & J. Ice cream. Cheeseburgers. Highly processed foods straighten out my system and keep it operating efficiently, against all conventional good advice. I'm sure I did this to myself by eating too many highly processed foods in the first place.
This is really interesting to me because that's what happens to me. I cannot eat too much raw vegetables even cooked has it's limits. I love broccoli especially raw broccoli, it's my fav with hummus, but raw is particularly problematic. I can get away with a little cooked but not like I used to eat it. I wouldn't blame yourself because processed food was not on my menu much for years. I was a vegetarian in my younger days and grazed all day long. I love almost every kind of vegetable, although I only like raw spinach and don't care for beets. I am a huge fan of beans, seeds and nuts. Now they are an issue if I eat too many. I can't have the huge salads I love with all kinds of veggies and chick peas and/or beans added with seeds and nuts sprinkled in for fun. I told my doctor my stomach likes processed food now and hates veggies and she just rolled her eyes. It sucks but I have to be very careful. Half the time I eat my hummus with pita or crackers and leave out any vegetable but raw carrots. They seem to work okay most of the time. It's frustrating not to be able to eat the foods you love in the quantities you are used to. I even have to be careful with peanut butter. But ice cream is not an issue at all, ever, and I suppose that's something. It's good to know it's not just me though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #14637
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Wondering how long we have until NY locks down again. At least we are better prepared now at work and I have backup staff so I won't have to go back to 10 hour shifts 7 days a week. Goal is for me to work from home 50% of the time. At first I resisted, thinking that no, I have to be there. Then I thought about the peace I need and working from home half time feels dreamy. I'm also thinking about how glad I am that I'm not one of the people who will be working from home with a toddler or baby needing my attention when daycares close again.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2020, 03:21 PM   #14638
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Why our Governor Inslee has said nothing about Casino's closing.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2020, 02:18 PM   #14639
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

My future.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2020, 08:47 PM   #14640
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post What's on my mind...

Formulating a clear question without being too wordy.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post: