Old 03-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation
Default LOTTERY

Do you play the lottery? Buy scratch offs? How often...how much...have you ever won? If you don't play, is there a reason...religion..wasteful...What are your lottery thoughts? I think we have a thread on what would you do if you won the lottery, but I haven't seen a lottery discussion or opinion thread.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

We try to remember to buy a ticket for every Super Lotto drawing. They are drawn Saturday and Wednesday. I would say we manage to have a ticket about half the time.

There are a lot of things we could waste money on such as Starbucks, fast food, alcohol, etc. We prefer to spend it on something that may pay back.

We won $10 once and $1 a couple of times.

My co-workers and I also go in together and buy tickets when the pot is really large.

Andrea

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I play 2 games with decent odds on a regular basis with my trusty
someday we will win consistent numbers. Most I have won is 250.

Will buy a powerball or megamillions if there is an incredible jackpot.
The odds are awful so 1 ticket will do.

Not fond of scratch tickets - they are messy.

I justify all this as a way to offset more imposed taxes with a potential payoff.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Scratchoffs for me. Have won as much as 500 or more. I play maybe twice a month.
wolfbittenpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfbittenpoet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbittenpoet View Post
Scratchoffs for me. Have won as much as 500 or more. I play maybe twice a month.
I may be playing the wrong game. $500?

Andrea

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I play Powerball with powerplay about 4 times a month. I figure if I'm going to win, I may as well win it big.
< insert dollar sign icon here> :greendolla r:
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I play one lotto twice a week. I don't buy any more if there's a big pot, and very seldom buy any others. I don't like scratch tickets - I feel like I've most likely lost before I even buy them! At least when there's a draw I have that tiny chance remains. I've won around $80 a couple of times, and smaller prizes on a regular basis.

Different people have scorned my lottery fun saying it's a voluntary tax. Well, believe me - in Canada it's the smokers and drinkers that pay the lion's share! And lotto winnings are tax-free here, soooooo.....

Good luck everybody!
Old 03-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

back when I played the Ohio lottery I won $400 on the pick 3.

I am not much of a lottery player. I have seen people come into stores and play huge amounts of money on a daily basis and not win much ever. Its so very sad.

My own mother had a gambling addiction. I can see it in the eyes of people in the lines at the stores. People who buy clearance shirts and polyester pants and wash them once every two weeks will spend $50 to $100 a day on the lottery when they are on disability or SS, hoping to win it big. I ache for them. Chasing that fix like every big addiction.

Of course, I have also seen people with hanging gold mines around their necks and on their fingers and wearing flashy clothes that cost more than my car, spend enough on a day's worth of lottery tickets than my house is worth...so income isnt a factor to addiction, now is it?
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Sure.I think there should be a lottery for most everything Homes..cars...jobs.. taxes...like..waitaminute.. there already is!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #10
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

I keep saying "well when I win the lottery..." but in all honesty I can never remember to buy a ticket...lol

I do get the scratch-offs on occasion. I do well with them usually, and always win at least $2 or another ticket.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I won $1198 on the Play Four a few years back and have also won varying amounts on scratch-offs and on the lottery itself...but never the big win, at least not yet.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
I keep saying "well when I win the lottery..." but in all honesty I can never remember to buy a ticket...lol

I do get the scratch-offs on occasion. I do well with them usually, and always win at least $2 or another ticket.
LOL I keep saying that same thing....when I win.....I'll tell ya though even if you don't win powerball, if you win a larger amount on a scratch off or one of the other games they tax the hell out of it. I had a friend who was a single mom of 2 and she won 20G on a scratch off, that was like a million bucks to her, she only got like 12G of it.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #13
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I have never bought a lottery ticket. Ever.

<---thinking it is kind of sad that this is your only claim to fame! ha ha

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #14
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I have never bought a lottery ticket. Ever.

<---thinking it is kind of sad that this is your only claim to fame! ha ha
Dapper it is probably people like you who never buy, that walks in some store one day and says hey give me a lottery ticket and hit's the jackpot

The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #15
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Dapper it is probably people like you who never buy, that walks in some store one day and says hey give me a lottery ticket and hit's the jackpot
That would be grand!

(Clarification: when I said sad that this is your only claim to fame, I meant, sad that it is MY only claim to fame - never having bought a lottery ticket)

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #16
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Sometimes I buy a powerball ticket sometimes I don't. Sometimes I buy 5 or 10. Have won a few bucks here and there. Mostly I buy scratch offs. Same way, sometimes I'll go months without buying one, then sometimes I'll buy several a week. I mostly buy $3 tickets and back when I was making good money I'd buy $5 and $10 tickets. I've won a good bit on scratch offs but not won large amounts at the time.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #17
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

I've played it like 5 times in my life.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #18
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Wow, what a coincidence that this thread is here ............

I asked My dad to buy Me some scratch tickets tonight ($42 in total, 7 tickets all together). I do this once in awhile when I have a few extra dollars, so he got Me them and I've scratched four so far and won ........... *but* here is the kicker, I've won a total so far of $115 with three more to scratch

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #19
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Wow, what a coincidence that this thread is here ............

I asked My dad to buy Me some scratch tickets tonight ($42 in total, 7 tickets all together). I do this once in awhile when I have a few extra dollars, so he got Me them and I've scratched four so far and won ........... *but* here is the kicker, I've won a total so far of $115 with three more to scratch

come here dude I wanna rub your head for good luck, cuz I just looked at my numbers and didn't win anything tonight and only won $3 on my scratch off

The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 11:10 PM   #20
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade
come here dude I wanna rub your head for good luck, cuz I just looked at my numbers and didn't win anything tonight and only won $3 on my scratch off

LOL bro, well I just won another $10 which makes that $125 so far with two more tickets to scratch

Oh and My mom wants Me to tell you that she gets first dibs on rubbing My head for good luck LOL

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: