Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-01-2016, 05:57 PM   #5461
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,687 Times in 7,715 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
I am doing a test run of a possible project tomorrow. If it works and I don't hate it, I will join. If not, I'll wait until the next project. ��

& crafting,

Cara
Awesome! I hope you will join us cara!!!!! Good luck....
Old 04-01-2016, 10:06 PM   #5462
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,160 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

As much as I think this will be a really fun project, I'm going to have to sit this one out. I just started a new job and it's taking all my time and energy. I will miss playing with you all, though. I'm sure I will be back with a future project.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #5463
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Wrangler: Clay

Project: Glad Rags, Paper Bags, and happy tags....

SIGNUPS OPEN! Sign up closing on 04/03/16.

The deadline for Clay to receive the project is May 2nd.

1. Clay
2. Besame
3. Gemme
4. nycfem / Jennifer
5. CCB
6. Genesis
7. FireSignFemme

"For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

The medium can be of each crafter's own choosing......fabric, watercolor paper, cardstock paper, ATC cards...........any kind of paper that will allow for wax resist & watercolors...crayons for resist, watercolor, gesso & glue, candle wax......whatever resist you want to use.....or maybe something one of you tries/tried and found to work also....I am totally open and leave each with free reign for their choice & creativity....

ATC's are very popular with this group, so I am amenable to anyone doing them.......l would like the ATC's to be at least 2.5x3.5....be creative just HAVE FUN...

We will each make one item for each participant. If one chooses to do more than one, awesome. But one is the required number!

All typical rules are in play:

Please add $5 for repackaging and postage. I'll send my address to you once signups are complete. I will use the plastic bubble envelopes to mail back most likely.

Whatever medium one chooses if they use cloth or swatch....make these at least 6"x6" and can be up to 8" by 10" as cloth folds relatively flat for mailing...a bandanna comes in a generic size usually and also folds relatively easy for mailing.

Choose whatever medium you wish, but keep in mind the repacking & postage to mail back out....

The Un theme is a very literal....Resist & colors. It's your interpretation, so be as literal or abstract as you want to be. Any materials are accepted within reason to be able to be mailed within parameters of the postage sent in with project.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 05:58 AM   #5464
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I would like to sign up, however, I need for the mailing to be taken into consideration. I can not control the exact date that something is received as even though I have paid the $33 for expedited shipping in the past which is outrageous, that little office of CUSTOMS can hold things up if they see fit. So to be set to a specific date that it is received by wrangler seems like a set up for failure. However, I do understand the problem and would suggest, for those mailing out of country that their deadline is a week earlier, as to allow the extra time for mailing.
So if this is acceptable, I'm in.. if not.. I'm out.

1. Clay
2. Besame
3. Gemme
4. nycfem / Jennifer
5. CCB
6. Genesis
7. FireSignFemme
8. Breathless

"For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

The medium can be of each crafter's own choosing......fabric, watercolor paper, cardstock paper, ATC cards...........any kind of paper that will allow for wax resist & watercolors...crayons for resist, watercolor, gesso & glue, candle wax......whatever resist you want to use.....or maybe something one of you tries/tried and found to work also....I am totally open and leave each with free reign for their choice & creativity....

ATC's are very popular with this group, so I am amenable to anyone doing them.......l would like the ATC's to be at least 2.5x3.5....be creative just HAVE FUN...

We will each make one item for each participant. If one chooses to do more than one, awesome. But one is the required number!

Please add $5 for repackaging and postage. I'll send my address to you once signups are complete. I will use the plastic bubble envelopes to mail back most likely.

Whatever medium one chooses if they use cloth or swatch....make these at least 6"x6" and can be up to 8" by 10" as cloth folds relatively flat for mailing...a bandanna comes in a generic size usually and also folds relatively easy for mailing.

Choose whatever medium you wish, but keep in mind the repacking & postage to mail back out....

The Un theme is a very literal....Resist & colors. It's your interpretation, so be as literal or abstract as you want to be. Any materials are accepted within reason to be able to be mailed within parameters of the postage sent in with project.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #5465
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Could we go with a deadline to have RECEIVED instead of a deadline to go out? I think the deadline to mail out leaves too much room for problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
For anyone participating from outside the US, if May 2nd seems too early a date for projects to be received, please give a shout out prior to the sign up closing as to what date you suggest is better, and it will be applied to everyone if the consensus is that the date is reasonable.
[QUOTE=Breathless;1058061]I would like to sign up, however, I need for the mailing to be taken into consideration. I can not control the exact date that something is received as even though I have paid the $33 for expedited shipping in the past which is outrageous, that little office of CUSTOMS can hold things up if they see fit. So to be set to a specific date that it is received by wrangler seems like a set up for failure. However, I do understand the problem and would suggest, for those mailing out of country that their deadline is a week earlier, as to allow the extra time for mailing.
So if this is acceptable, I'm in.. if not.. I'm out.

1. Clay
2. Besame
3. Gemme
4. nycfem / Jennifer
5. CCB
6. Genesis
7. FireSignFemme
8. Breathless

This is to get a concensus of the group on this.....paying that $33 for expedited packages is way too expensive and I do not want to see her have to do this in order to participate!!

I am open to it and would love having Breathless join us. Her work is always so amazing!!!

Those who signed up, please let me know your thoughts....as I will close signups by 600pm this evening...is this amenable to everyone else?!

Thanks...clay
Old 04-03-2016, 07:54 AM   #5466
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I'd love it for Breathless to participate. And if a week longer is needed due to her being out of the US (which is certainly reasonable), how about the due date for all of us is a week later? I think it's less complicated than having separate due dates.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #5467
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Agreed. It does seem easier to just stretch out the due date a week or so.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #5468
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,160 Times in 5,130 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Sadly, I just learned that Hancock Fabrics is going out of sale. In addition to sewing stuff, they also have some craft stuff. It might be worth a visit if you live near one. Also, they sell online and they have $4.99 flat shipping, no minimum right now.

http://hancockfabrics.com/

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #5469
Tallulah

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Friends Only

Tallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST ReputationTallulah Has the BEST Reputation
Default Joining project

Hey Clay!
I'm excited to join my first project with bfp. I can't wait to get started! T
Tallulah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tallulah For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 03:11 PM   #5470
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
Hey Clay!
I'm excited to join my first project with bfp. I can't wait to get started! T
Welcome T! Yay!! Any questions, give me a shout out......
Old 04-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #5471
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums
Default SIGNUP for this project is now closed!!!!

Wrangler....clay

Thanks for all who have signed up!!! Let's get the creative juices flowing!!!

The deadline to receive the project is May 9, 2016....as we have extended it to allow for Breathless to join us, whom is in Canada!!! Please send me 8 projects since there are 9 people participating. In return, I will send each of you a project from all participants.

1. Clay
2. Besame
3. Gemme
4. nycfem / Jennifer
5. CCB
6. Genesis
7. FireSignFemme
8. Breathless
9. Tallulah

Please add $5 if you are in the US and $10 International, for repackaging and postage. Please send cash as I don't want to have to deal with checks, money orders, etc!!! Thank you for your cooperation in this...

Please put a slip of paper in with the package with a legible & complete return address so I can get your delicious goodies back to you......thank you!

When you mail the package to me, make sure I DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN for it....please & thank you!!

I'll send my address to you in a PM soon.

I will use the plastic bubble envelopes to mail back most likely.

Thank you for all of you signing up! This will be a fun & interesting project & I am eager to see everyone's own interpretation of this one.....have an awesome week........clay.........

Last edited by nycfem; 04-03-2016 at 07:03 PM.
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 09:47 PM   #5472
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I have been nudged, I would like to throw my hat into the wrangling for the next project.. just thought I would mention..
Resuming crafting......<3
Old 04-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #5473
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Did all of you who didn't already have it, get the PM with my address.......thank you!
Old 04-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #5474
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
I have been nudged, I would like to throw my hat into the wrangling for the next project.. just thought I would mention..
Resuming crafting......<3
If the dates work for me (arrive in Canada July 7th) then I could possibly be interested!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2016, 07:25 AM   #5475
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
If the dates work for me (arrive in Canada July 7th) then I could possibly be interested!

Deb
Yay! Hope to see you join us on some projects again Deb!

Knowing this crafty group, I am certain we will have some more projects underway & done before then though, and in July one that will be amenable to include the dates of your return to Canada!!! I would be in withdrawals.....
Old 04-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #5476
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing with the projects....any questions or need any help...let me know....

I have read posts where a couple of folks are experimenting with different techniques & mediums....I am positive these projects will all be unique & wonderful to receive....have FUN crafting everyone....we have about 21 days left.....some more...some less...projects due to me by May 9th!!!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:40 PM   #5477
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,539 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Ok crafter friends...help!

I'm looking for a product or technique to give a piece of water colored art, a 3D look..a China glaze, raised smooth look. I've tried, but the water colors under seem to get wet again and run. I've tried different sealing stuff...still runs. Any ideas?

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2016, 07:46 AM   #5478
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Ok crafter friends...help!

I'm looking for a product or technique to give a piece of water colored art, a 3D look..a China glaze, raised smooth look. I've tried, but the water colors under seem to get wet again and run. I've tried different sealing stuff...still runs. Any ideas?
Have you tried salt? It may not be as smooth as you would like but it would definitely raise the image.

Also, maybe try mixing the watercolors with a texture paste? Those will harden and stay. The nature of watercolors really prohibits them being wetted multiple times without them scooting around all over but if you mix the colors themselves with something that will form the image you're looking for, you have a better shot of getting the image you desire.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 04-19-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #5479
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

hey everyone.....just checking in.....wondering how everyone is fairing with their projects....CCB....Besame...Gemme....FireSign...Ta llulah....nycfem....Breathless....Genesis....clay. ...wait..that's me...lol

We have around 15 days left..........
Old 04-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #5480
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still in the planning stages but I am confident I can execute what I'm thinking of.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types