Old 08-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #3021
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 18,080 Times in 5,917 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Are We There Yet? (2005)

I literally watched this movie this morning! The movie was filmed in my hometown metro area of Portland. It stars Nia,Long (as, Suzanne, she's a divorceé) and ex-rap artist Ice Cube (as, Nick, who's struck dumb by "love at first sight").

The interesting part about the movie is that movie critics gave this movie an 11 percent rating, but Google rated it 99 percent because viewers overwhelming thought the movie was straight hilarious and kinda true about certain things true about several things going on in the film (kids being proverbial monsters, our local international airport, and things that go on for folks in the dating scene --- for example, Suzanne's kids think no man is good enough to date their mom...and they terrorize Nick!).

I thought it was fairly hilarious!!! *LOL*

BUT ....you'll have to see for yourself if you think it's hilarious or not.

***** Enjoy, I hope you laugh as much as I did! *****
Old 08-06-2017, 07:37 PM   #3022
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I loved it Miss Katz, I may even watch it again...........
Nice!!! I really loved this movie....I even cried, it moved me emotionally.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #3023
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 16,451 Times in 7,369 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I try and avoid movie critics and I avoid Rotten Tomato at all cost!

I seek out recommendations from people I trust and to be honest, some of the best movies suggestions, I've gotten have been from people's posts here..
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2017, 07:57 PM   #3024
Bèsame*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Lucky♧♢♡♤

Thanked 26,499 Times in 6,565 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Moonstruck

I was loving the sound track this time around!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kisses

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 07:21 AM   #3025
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I did I did watch this again......how I missed the movie before is beyond me..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 08:42 AM   #3026
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she or baby nana
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

Doom ^^ i've found it funny
Old 08-07-2017, 09:44 AM   #3027
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Relationship Status:
Spinster

Thanked 5,416 Times in 1,145 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Shutter Island last night. I had seen it before many years ago but it was just as good again. The cinematography is so 'film noir' and the twist is great. It didn't hurt that we had really beautiful storms going on all the while I was watching it. Martin Scorsese never lets you down.

Photographer • Artist • Hopeful Pessimist
www.faireunvoeu.com
VintageFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VintageFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #3028
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I try and avoid movie critics and I avoid Rotten Tomato at all cost!

I seek out recommendations from people I trust and to be honest, some of the best movies suggestions, I've gotten have been from people's posts here..
I hate to be on my soapbox about Rotten Tomato but IMHO it seems like they have nothing relating to older movies which really bugs me to no end!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #3029
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married a looooong time

Thanked 10,125 Times in 2,557 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Right now I'm watching The Birdcage!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gayandgray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gayandgray For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #3030
C0LLETTE
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
reclaiming "Feminist" with a big capital "F"
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
alis volat propriis

Thanked 11,469 Times in 3,169 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I went to see "Atomic Blonde". I have no idea if it's politically correct, politically incorrect, savagely violent, sexually sensationalist, exploitative, incomprehensible, or a waste of film...I loved it and had great fun watching Charlize kill and maim the "bad guys". Pity about that young woman but she just would not listen.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2017, 04:27 PM   #3031
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,918 Times in 621 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Had us a movie marathon this weekend...

Kong - fun... what you'd expect.
Circles - lots of potential... then kinda fizzles out. Meh!
Ghost Shell - lil slow... lil bit "done before" ... meh!
Life - Lil slow... meh!

John Wick 2 - heck yeah!
Big Boss Baby - actually laughed in a couple of places, cute.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #3032
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I went to see "Atomic Blonde". I have no idea if it's politically correct, politically incorrect, savagely violent, sexually sensationalist, exploitative, incomprehensible, or a waste of film...I loved it and had great fun watching Charlize kill and maim the "bad guys". Pity about that young woman but she just would not listen.
Sounds GQQD.

Adds it to the movie list......
Old 08-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #3033
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

The Accountant.

What a killer movie. Talk about blood and guts savage movies, I thought this movie was superbly well done.

Ben Affleck stars as the youngest of two sons, he's smart as heck but he was born with autism/asberger's. His dad pushes him to limits so he knows his son will always be able to take care of himself. I won't say anything more, but this movie was one of the best I've seen in quite some time.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:28 PM   #3034
Vivacious1

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme
Relationship Status:
taken

3 Highscores

Vivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST ReputationVivacious1 Has the BEST Reputation

The Circle... Average overall... had much more potential
Old 08-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #3035
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

The Lovers...........Debra Winger Tracy Letts

Caught this last night on Demand! It's a refreshing and funny look at love, with a new twist on infidelity. I enjoyed it very much
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2017, 07:15 PM   #3036
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
The Lovers...........Debra Winger Tracy Letts

Caught this last night on Demand! It's a refreshing and funny look at love, with a new twist on infidelity. I enjoyed it very much
Sounds GQQD. I will add this movie to my on-going list of movies to watch. I always like difficult subject matters in movies or books. Thanks for the post, homoe!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #3037
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
you had my heart a long, long time ago.....

Thanked 25,904 Times in 6,455 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

we are watching the Punisher as we speak....I love comic book based movies

cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #3038
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
OSOF Latino Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
you know
Relationship Status:
Whole, Present, Enjoying life in real-time and most assuredly keeping it that way.

Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,622 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default LS

Lone Survivor...again

Greco

"Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart."

Ancient Indian Proverb
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2017, 07:57 PM   #3039
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Snatched Stars: Amy Schumer Goldie Hawn

Not a big fan of Amy and as a disclaimer my housemate actually rented and paid for it! Just wasn't my cup of tea. The brightest spot for me was Wanda Sykes.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 04:45 AM   #3040
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she or baby nana
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

Alien vs Predator ^-^ always a pleasure

Tags
film, movie