Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #221
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I love using crushed pork rinds for things like that, but then I like pork rinds. Looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
These are awesome!!

MMMM.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2014, 07:38 PM   #222
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Seeing as it is now November with Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought it would be fun for us to post some Thanksgiving recipes. The recipes can be entree, dinner, breads, dessert, etc., as long as they follow the principles of a Paleo/Primal eating plan which is High Protein/ Low Carbs and High Healthy Fats. Please feel free to share your own Paleo creations with us as well as those you've found in your searches.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Old 11-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #223
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions

Prep time- 15 mins/ Cook time- 30 mins/ Total time- 45 mins

Serves: 4-6

Ingredients
  • 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 large sweet onion, chopped into similarly sized pieces as potatoes
  • 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 heaping tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
  • Kosher salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine potatoes and onion in a bowl. Add olive oil and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle rosemary, salt and pepper on potato mixture and stir to combine.
  2. Pour potato mixture on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping potatoes and onions halfway through. Depending on the size of your potato and onion pieces, they may cook faster or slower. Keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
  3. Remove from oven and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #224
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Seeing as it is now November with Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought it would be fun for us to post some Thanksgiving recipes. The recipes can be entree, dinner, breads, dessert, etc., as long as they follow the principles of a Paleo/Primal eating plan which is High Protein/ Low Carbs and High Healthy Fats. Please feel free to share your own Paleo creations with us as well as those you've found in your searches.

good idea!! I'll post some of our favourite recipes when I have more time-- this year I am wanting to do a pumpkin custard minus the shell part. I'll post some recipes of what I've found. (later that is).

ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #225
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Clean Green Bean Casserole (Vegan, Paleo)
Author: Detoxinista.com
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins

Serves: 9-12

Featuring fresh green beans and caramelized onions, this homemade green bean casserole is just about as clean as it gets. Rather than relying on a cream-based soup, it's held together by a creamy puree of parsnips and mushrooms! The caramelized onion topping still delivers the buttery onion flavor that we all love, without the deep-fried grease and flour to go along with it. All of our favorite flavors covered, without the heavy food-coma to follow! This dish works well as a make ahead dish. It can be made ahead as much as two days before the meal. Just prepare it as directed but do not bake until the day of your dinner.

Ingredients
  • 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or butter
  • 2 cups parsnips, chopped
  • 10 oz. mushrooms, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • ¼ cup nutritional yeast
  • 1½ cups water
  • 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
  • 1 lb. fresh green beans

Instructions
  1. Melt a pat of coconut oil, or butter, in a large skillet and add the sliced onions. Saute gently over medium-low heat for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally until caramelized. Use a splash of water, as needed, to prevent sticking. Once the onions are tender and golden in color, remove from heat and set aside in a bowl for later.
  2. While the onions are cooking, you'll have plenty of time to steam the parsnips. Fit a steamer basket into a saucepan, and fill with one inch of water. Add the 2 cups of chopped parsnips, and bring the water to boil over high heat. Cover and reduce the heat to low, steaming for about 8 minutes, or until the parsnips are easily pierced with a fork. Transfer the steamed parsnips to your blender container, and set it aside.
  3. Using the same steamer basket and saucepan, break the pound of fresh green beans into one-inch pieces, and toss them into the steamer basket. Bring to a boil, then cover and steam for 6-8 minutes, until the green beans are bright green with a bit of crunch. Transfer the cooked green beans to an 8" x 8" glass baking dish.
  4. *Note: At this point, cook the green beans to be as tender as you like-- if you prefer them softer, steam them longer. The baking process later will not make them any more tender, so this is your chance to achieve the texture you like.
  5. Once the onions have finished caramelizing, you can use the same pan to saute the mushrooms and garlic. Melt another pat of coconut oil or butter, and saute the garlic for about 3 minutes, then add the mushrooms. Cook for about 6 minutes, until liquid is released from the mushrooms.
  6. Spread half of the mushroom mixture into the baking dish of green beans, and pour the other half of the mixture, along with any liquid, into the blender container with the steamed parsnips.
  7. Into that blender container, add 1½ cups water, 1½ teaspoons sea salt and ¼ cup of nutritional yeast to the cooked parsnips and mushrooms. Blend until smooth and creamy. (This mixture may be a bit salty to taste at this point, but keep in mind that it will be diluted when it's poured over a pound of green beans!)
  8. Pour the creamy sauce over the green beans and mushrooms in the glass baking dish, and stir to coat well. (You may very well have more sauce than you need for this recipe-- I only used about 1½ cups to coat the vegetables well. Save the rest for a future dish!)
  9. Smooth the creamy vegetable mixture with a spatula, and top with the caramelized onions to finish.
  10. *At this point, you could cover the dish and store it in the fridge until you're ready to heat and serve.
  11. When you're ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350F and bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, until bubbly. Serve warm and enjoy!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2014, 08:41 PM   #226
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

P.S. The nutritional yeast can be replaced with goat or sheep cheese...really any kind of raw unpasteurized cheese unless you are eating a no-dairy Paleo/Primal diet, then I'd stick to the nutritional yeast which can be bought at your local natural foods store or online if you cannot find it locally. Please do not substitute with live yeast or brewers yeast, they are a completely different product.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #227
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Here is a good recipe for Paleo pie crust found at marksdailyapple.com

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups almond meal
2/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt
5 tbsp (approximately) of icy water
Combine almond flour and salt in a mixing bowl, stir in coconut oil and mix until mixture resembles course crumbs. Mix in water, 1 tbsp at a time, until a dough is formed. Refrigerate until ready to use. When ready, roll out and place in a pie dish. Fill your favorite fruit (we recommend apples, but blueberries are also delicious) and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until crust turns a rich golden brown.

In truth, you can use any nut meal to substitute the almond meal. I like to use pecan nut meal for apple pie or sweet potato pie. - Jesse
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #228
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Hey ya'll! I happened to run across this recipe and decided to share it here. What's not to love about pecans and apples together?
Pecan Apple Crisp

Old 11-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #229
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Jesse! Looks yummy!

So what's the deal with coconut sugar? I saw some at Sam's Club and Wally World. But didn't know what to look for. One said coconut palm sugar ... what's that? Different brands. Is it really low glycemic? I have diabetes so it's important to chose carefully.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #230
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I do not have a lot of knowledge on coconut sugar, sorry. I know that is it advertised as low glycemic, but I would do my own research if I were you.

Supposedly once you remove the sap from the tree for the sugar, the tree will no longer make coconuts...I'd rather have the coconuts to make flour, coconut butter, etc. I use raw cane sugar, maple syrup, or honey if I want a sweetener, but I am not diabetic either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Thanks Jesse! Looks yummy!

So what's the deal with coconut sugar? I saw some at Sam's Club and Wally World. But didn't know what to look for. One said coconut palm sugar ... what's that? Different brands. Is it really low glycemic? I have diabetes so it's important to chose carefully.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #231
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cauliflower Mac and Cheese

This will be on my table over the holiday season ...

Ingredients:

3 cups coarse fresh bread crumbs
2 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
8 oz. pancetta, julienned
1 1/2 lb. cauliflower, cut into 1/2-inch florets
3 to 6 Tbs. unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbs. white wine
3 1/2 cups milk
2 cups shredded fontina cheese
3 cups shredded Gouda cheese
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 lb. fresh macaroni, cooked until al dente

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 375ºF.

In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, melted butter, parsley, 1 tsp. of the salt and 1/2 tsp. of the black pepper.

In a 4-quart pot over medium heat, cook the pancetta until crispy, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and reserve the fat in the pot. Working in batches, add the cauliflower to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and caramelized, 10 to 12 minutes per batch, adding 1 to 3 Tbs. butter to the pot if needed. Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl. Add 2 Tbs. water to the pot and stir to scrape up the browned bits. Add to the bowl with the cauliflower. Wash out the pot.

In the same pot over medium heat, melt the remaining 3 Tbs. butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the wine and milk and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add the cheeses, the remaining 2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. black pepper, cayenne, nutmeg and cream and stir until melted. Then stir in the pasta, pancetta and cauliflower. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top.

Bake for 30 minutes, then turn the oven to broil and cook until the bread crumbs are crispy and brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Serves 10 to 12.

from Williams-Sonama
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 03:19 PM   #232
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Asparagus wrapped in ham

Ingredients:
1 lb. thick asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
1 lb. smoked lean ham (packaged ham that's cut into same-size pieces will work best)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400F/205C. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. (If you have two or more baking sheets, and room in the oven, you can cook all the wrapped asparagus at once.)

Trim the woody ends of asparagus spears, making all pieces the same size. Roll a piece of ham around each piece of asparagus, securing with a toothpick inserted horizontally so the piece of asparagus will lay flat on the baking sheet. Lay asparagus on the sprayed baking sheet, staggering the pieces so you'll be able to turn them.

Roast asparagus for 8-10 minutes on the first side, or until the ham is lightly browned. Turn asparagus pieces over and roast 5-7 minutes more on the second side, until asparagus is barely tender-crisp and ham is lightly browned on both sides.spar

Repeat with more asparagus pieces if you're only using one baking sheet. Serve hot, with mustard dipping sauce on the side if desired.

found on Kalyn's Kitchen

Thanks for the nudge, Jesse!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #233
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Raw asparagus tastes like candy! I make those roll ups when I find baby asparagus. But don't cook them plus i add cheese! Yummy.... great game day snack or poker game night or ladies night party. Easy on digestion without cheese.

Raw zucchini and yellow squash is also sweet. Try it...you might like it!

Thanks for the reminder Orema!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #234
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Raw asparagus tastes like candy! I make those roll ups when I find baby asparagus. But don't cook them plus i add cheese! Yummy.... great game day snack or poker game night or ladies night party. Easy on digestion without cheese.

Raw zucchini and yellow squash is also sweet. Try it...you might like it!

Thanks for the reminder Orema!
Good SB--will give it a try. And I bet the asparagus is good with prosciutto or bacon.

Last edited by Orema; 11-10-2014 at 05:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #235
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Scrambled Eggs and Asparagus

I either use left-over asparagus or frozen asparagus.

I cut the asparagus in bite-size pieces, sauté in pan with a tiny bit of butter, add eggs and more butter, cook till eggs are almost or just done.

This is good on its own, it's good with bacon, and it's perfect with salmon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #236
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms with Thyme

Roasted Carrots and Mushrooms with Thyme (Makes 3-4 servings)

Ingredients:
8-10 oz. carrots (I used 4 medium-sized organic carrots; you can use baby carrots, but whole carrots are more flavorful.)
8 oz sliced mushrooms (I buy the pre-washed kind, but wash if needed)
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. dried thyme or 1 T chopped fresh thyme leaves
salt/pepper to taste
fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450F/230C.

Peel carrots if desired. Cut carrots on diagonal into slices about 1/4 - 3/8 inch thick. Toss carrots with 1 T olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spread on large roasting pan (it should be big enough that the carrots are in a single layer). Roast carrots 15 minutes.

While carrots are roasting, wash mushrooms and spin dry or dry with paper towels. Slice mushrooms into even slices, slightly thicker than carrots. Using the same bowl as you tossed the carrots in, toss mushrooms with 1 T of olive oil.

Remove carrots from oven, stir, add mushrooms and roast 10-15 minutes more. Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh parsley if using.

from Kalyn's Kitchen
Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #237
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

So, I happened across a new "whole food, paleo-inspired food blog", okay so maybe it's just new to me. Anyway, the point I am getting to is I really like the recipes she has included. I will be making this coconut shrimp bowl in the next couple of days; my mouth is watering with anticipation. Check out her food blog and recipes if you are into good food and drooling. Lol! Foraged Dish

One Pan Coconut Shrimp Bowls
1 tablespoon coconut oil
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1/2 small white onion, diced
1 pound peeled raw shrimp
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 small globe eggplant, cubed
1/2 cup chopped asparagus
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (I use this as a mild alternative to fish sauce)
1 tablespoon ground hot red chilies (more if you like your food HOT less if you prefer it mild).
2 teaspoons salt*

1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1/2 cup bone broth
Cilantro for garnishing

1. In a large skillet or wok, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add the shrimp. Stir occasionally.
2. Once the onions are translucent and the garlic is beginning to turn golden, add the chopped vegetables: bell pepper, eggplant, and asparagus. Cover pan, and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally.
3. Once the eggplant is soft (10-15 minutes), douse the pan with the Worcestershire sauce, sprinkle in the salt and ground red chilies. Pour in the broth and the coconut milk, and stir until everything is coated in the coconut sauce.
4. Serve warm, topped with minced cilantro, and extra red chili flakes if you're a heat lover.

* I won't use near that amount of salt, but use your own preference there.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2014, 06:41 AM   #238
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Pumpkin Chipotle Soup

Makes 6 servings

Recipe Ingredients:

2 Tbl olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbl chipotles in adobo sauce
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp ground allspice
2 tsp granulated sugar substitute
2 cups pumpkin puree
32 oz chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Saute onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Add chipotles, coriander, cumin, allspice, and sugar substitute to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and chicken broth to the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes. Using an immersion blender, blend the soup in the pot until smooth (if you don’t have one, add the soup to a traditional blender, blend and return to the pot when smooth). Add the heavy cream and red wine vinegar and simmer for another five minutes or so. Taste, then season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve hot, garnished with sour cream (other optional garnishes shown: pepitas and cilantro).

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012...otle-soup.html
Old 11-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #239
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I am thinking about making the Coconut Shrimp Bowl tonight that I posted in my last post but will of course add my own kinks and twists to the dish. I am going to use green onions, instead of white, and will add mushrooms of some sort...shitake will be nice if I can find some, otherwise I will just use baby portabellas. I will use cayenne instead of the dried peppers simply because I have it on hand. And I am going to make zucchini noodles and stir them in once everything has cooked. Then I will garnish the dish with cilantro and toasted coconut.

This is my hungry stomach talking at 7:30 am, we'll see what I actually come up with. Lol!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:47 AM   #240
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Bacon Wrapped Roasted Vegetables with Maple Glaze

Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients: For the Roasted Vegetables:
  • 1 lb. carrots, trimmed and quartered lengthwise
  • 1 lb. parsnips, trimmed and peeled, then cut into long spears
  • 1 lb. asparagus, tough ends trimmed
  • 8 slices thick cut bacon
  • Salt and pepper
For the Maple Glaze:
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 1 Tb. apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. salt

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Trim all the veggies, cutting the carrots and parsnips into long pieces approximately the same size as the asparagus.
  2. Separate the veggies into bundles with about 3 asparagus spears, 3 carrot spears and 3 parsnip spears. Tie each bundle with a piece of bacon and lay them on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  3. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the ingredients for the glaze together. After 20 minutes, drizzle the glaze over the veggies and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo