Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
her poison apple
Preferred Pronoun?:
b. grrl
Relationship Status:
honey

Thanked 21,377 Times in 6,725 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Dragons Love Tacos (by Adam Rubin)
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #2342
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default While I bake gingerbread men, I am flipping through...

The Onion Magazine The Iconic Covers That Transformed An Undeserving World Just published, it may make a nice little gift for someone who enjoys The Onion's style of humour.

A sampling:

Actually, the funniest ones I didn't post as some might find them offensive...and I really don't want to start a whole thing.
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #2343
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Reopened this, maybe I'll finish it this time...

We Are Water ~ Wally Lamb

...back to Annie Oh's approaching wedding.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #2344
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,739 Times in 1,584 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mind of a Chef

I absolutely love Mind of a Chef, it's on Netflix. Got this awesome book from one of the performing chefs Sean Brock!! It's super.

Also, I'm reading..

Snow Falling on Cedars

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #2345
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Missing Reels........

Just started this and I think it's going to be a good read.

I just finished two lesbian books: Running Back and Blue Hydrangea . I'm irritated when authors feel the need to put a evil male, lurking about, and causing mayhem in their books! I buy these books for pure escapism, evil men are the last thing I want to read about!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #2346
nekohl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 2,162 Times in 382 Posts
nekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputationnekohl Has the BEST Reputation

Moving to Alaska--Everything You Need To Know

Because, someday.......
Old 12-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #2347
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Beautiful...

Letters To The Men I Have Loved by Mirtha Michelle Marmol
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #2348
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr

The arc of this novel has tethered me to a long sweet wave that I cannot resist riding. Ok, enough poetic mush, but it's true...this book is damn good.

Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #2349
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

The Shadow of Sirius
by W. S. Merwin

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
Old 12-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #2350
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr

The arc of this novel has tethered me to a long sweet wave that I cannot resist riding. Ok, enough poetic mush, but it's true...this book is damn good.

Well, you convinced me. I just added it to my library queue.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #2351
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,013 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am, of course, still waiting for Erik Larson's newest book which is due out in March, this coming spring ... Dead Awake (is the title, I think). Situated during the post-Edwardian era, and connecting with the history surrounding the Titanic, it's a story of factual events that transpired on the Lusitania (the ship that picked up the surviving passengers of the Titanic).

I've also been reading up on other companies, conducting miniature studies, of possible places for employment, in the near future.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2014, 07:55 AM   #2352
snowbrdr303

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey buddy
Relationship Status:
Ecstatic <3

snowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputation

Just started Finding Beauty in a Broken World by Terry Tempest Williams.

I'm pretty excited to have rediscovered this author, even though I'm only maybe 40 pages in. I first read Refuge when I was in college and I can say it was a seriously influential book to me (and a contributing force for me moving west). As it turns out my sister just started working/assisting Terry via a land conservation group and she recently sent the book to me.

The official blurb for Finding Beauty in a Broken World:
"Shards of glass can cut and wound or magnify a vision," Terry Tempest Williams tells us. "Mosaic celebrates brokenness and the beauty of being brought together." Ranging from Ravenna, Italy, where she learns the ancient art of mosaic, to the American Southwest, where she observes prairie dogs on the brink of extinction, to a small village in Rwanda where she joins genocide survivors to build a memorial from the rubble of war, Williams searches for meaning and community in an era of physical and spiritual fragmentation. In her compassionate meditation on how nature and humans both collide and connect, Williams affirms a reverence for all life, and constructs a narrative of hopeful acts, taking that which is broken and creating something whole.
snowbrdr303 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snowbrdr303 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2014, 10:16 AM   #2353
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Beautiful.....

Selected letters of James Joyce
by Richard Ellman
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #2354
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Hitler's First Victims by Timothy Ryback.

Having visted Auschwitz & Birkenau in Poland, the Holocaust is something that
I continue to learn about. So hard to believe it was not that long ago.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #2355
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #2356
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

The lover's secret by j.c reed

I'm a sucker for romance in books, eventhought this is more of a "boom boom" book.
Old 12-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #2357
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

"gray mountain", by john grisham

"lost in crazytown", by robert bryndza & jan bryndza

though vera diff'rent genres, both are really good reads...
Old 01-09-2015, 04:15 PM   #2358
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Missing Reels....

Author Farran Smith Nehme :New York late 1980s. Ceinwen Reilly has just moved from Yazoo City, Mississippi, and she’s never going back, minimum wage job (vintage store salesgirl) and shabby apartment (Avenue C walkup) be damned.

Even though I earlier posted about just starting this book, wanted to give a quick update. Great writing, interesting characters, a mystery, and even a romance! Book was truly a gem!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #2359
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Graeme Simsion's Rosie Effect...

I’ve just started the Rosie Effect and yes, it’s a continuance of the Rosie Project!

If you enjoy an anal retentive character, which is so well organized they must plan and calculates every event right down to the last minuscule, no doubt you’ll howl with laughter at Don. If your tastes in characters run more towards a free sprit, who flies by the seat of her pants, you’re going to love Rosie!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 05:41 PM   #2360
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Currently reading The Descent Series By S M Reine someone turned me on to this author and I am loving it I have already finished two other of her series and really got hooked. She has a way of drawing you into the story and not letting go. I can not seem to put the books down
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading