Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

View Poll Results: Number of pets and what type
cats? 59 31.22%
dogs? 61 32.28%
both 51 26.98%
Purchased or given to you? 39 20.63%
1 Pet? 41 21.69%
2 pets? 44 23.28%
3 or more pets? 91 48.15%
Rescued/adopted? 128 67.72%
prefer pets over kids 54 28.57%
prefer pets over humans 63 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #101
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

This is hilarious!!!! [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i479N2ei8Us"]YouTube - "America's Funniest Home Videos" Animal Clips[/nomedia]
Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 AM   #102
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
I loved Chester!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #103
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

That little peeing dog is hysterical!!! Peed forever and forever and was very creative too!! I almost peed my pants!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:21 AM   #104
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

I thought the dog fighting to not go in the bathroom was hillarious!
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #105
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

My fur kids figure out the bathroon a long time ago...hey, if I can do my buisness in it so can they...better than on my wood floors.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #106
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Oh no! Bad furr babies! LOL
Old 12-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #107
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

The whole video was funny but the dog that peed the longest was the funniest!! Chester gotta love em..
Old 12-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #108
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Another great video for animal lovers. A video made by cats!!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0PduP7PXx0"]YouTube - Cat Diaries: The First Ever Movie Filmed by Cats![/nomedia]
Old 12-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #109
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I'm officially changing my Ferrets names....

Don Tehtoh Houdini

Doña Mathilda de Houdini

Don Primogen Puck de Houdini y Copperfield...

I swear
Old 07-10-2011, 01:52 AM   #110
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

All rescues:

We have a 7 yr old collie mix named Gracie. She is my baby. She is a sock thief and you have to keep an eye on her in the am or you have to grab a new pair of socks. She also sings. She is the sweetest, loving dog and very loyal to me.

We have Joker, who is a 3 yr old German Shorthair mix and lives up to his name. He always has a smile on his face, he will tease the other dogs, he is smart in the way he will play stupid, he loves kids, other dogs, but cats not so much. If a dog or cat makes any noise on TV, he is out the dog door making sure it isn't in his yard.

Then 1 yr old Princess, my partner brought her home a few months ago from a bad situation. She is a chi-jack mix. A bundle of energy already ruling the house. She follows Joker to try and beat him to whatever he might be into.

Our house has lots of love.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #111
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have a disposable chihuahua named Bartock. Someone got him and then decided she wanted a poodle so he had to go. He is the bestest little dog. I am not a little dog person. I like my big drooling newfies. And yes, I will be getting one or two..once their last litter of pups are weaned. The breeder is retiring two of her bitches and I have my choice. I dont know yet what I can afford. my monthly income is still new to me so I am glad to have time to figure that out.

I have Mr Smitty the one eyed limping kitty who is now 14 years old. I took in a stray cat Cat Face the Bold and Beautiful, who cost me an arm and a leg in vet bills. Her owner moved and threw her out to fend for herself. She is older than Smitty so I knew she wouldnt last.

I have a black Tom, now neutered, who was a rescue, and his buddy who will be neutered that was a different neighbor's throw away. They are both outside cats. Shadow and Precious are their names.

I keep company with a horse. Lovely girl. I would like to own one...we shall see.

I have a parakeet who was a give away because the woman got a cat and didnt want a bird too. She had had the bird for seven years and never liked it. He is amazed I talk to him. Lovely little guy. His name is jakie

Right now Smitty and Cat Face are on my #$#@ list. They keep knocking over their food bowl. bad bad cats. and Bartock has learned to eat their poop. Damn him.... this just happened today. So now I have to get creative.

I am getting two chickens but shh...dont tell anyone. I am not suppose to have chickens in the city....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #112
Daktari

I'd like to introduce you to Her Royal Greyness the Woodipotimus

She's my first pet and probably will be my only pet in life. She's a 12yr old Russian Blue who came to live with us a couple of months after my Ma died in 1999. The story of how she came to us is too long to type out but suffice to say she picked me out when we went to visit the owner of her Mum who told us that Pudding (her first given name) was old enough to come home with us. Upon taking her to the vet I found out that Woolly wasn't old enough to be separated from her mum and had come to us at roughly a month old.

The Puppster has many names and answers to them all. She also has songs written about her, as did Bunzalus Bunzelius - the first cat to come into my life, she was 5yrs old, a few months before little kitten Wooders did. The deal was in event of divorce that Bunz belonged to my ex and Woodley belonged to me. Bunito Neetfeeto now lives with my exes ex. I miss her even though she's not lived with me for 3yrs or so.

Typical of the breed Spudders barely has a voice and didn't learn to meow/squeak until she was almost 5yrs old. She doesn't 'talk' often so when she does I'm convinced she's shouting at me.

I am very happy staff to the Woodipots, she allows me to rent a small square of the bed from her at a peppercorn rent.

Our bone of contention is her diet. I refuse to give her canned cat meat anymore and haven't done for several years. She's a dreadful glutton and cat meat makes her even lazier, fat and an irritating beggar. She has decent quality cat biscuits designed to be a main diet rather than a complement to cat meat.

The Wuppert and I are a package. She travels with me when I go away from home for more than a few days. She's been lots of places on trains, coaches and cars. She's not a particular happy visitor but grins and bears it.

She is very much my fur-baby.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #113
cane

How Do You Identify?:
male identified butch
Relationship Status:
Married

cane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Incubus;376207][COLOR="DarkGreen"]I'd like to introduce you to Her Royal Greyness the Woodipotimus

Weird... that looks exactly like my mother-in-laws cat, which also is 12 years -a scratching Queen of the house, with her own persian rug in the middel of the sitting room, which no one must step upon or else...Also she demands to be petted when she is eating or she won't eat. A handful some might say...

cane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #114
cane

How Do You Identify?:
male identified butch
Relationship Status:
Married

cane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputation

I have a dog, a sheba, a red one, his name is Mio after a, in Sweden, well known childrens book (by Astrid Lindgren).

He is really stubborn but a very loyal friend who never leaves my side.

Did anyone see the movie with Richard Gere and a dog? It was an Akita, which is sort of like the Sheba (my dog) only bigger. The dog wouldn't fetch for him, at all. And they don't usually do that sort of things, they just don't seem to see the point. My dog will do it for a treat (that he wants to see before he runs off to fetch the ball) but not otherwise, you can almost see him thinking "If you throw away things you can damned well fetch them yourself, what's in it for me..?

cane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #115
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

My Roomie and I have 3 cats and a dog. All were rescues. Spats and Sissy are brother and sister black and white tabbies. Spats is very laid back, Sissy is a screamer and I believe slightly schizophrenic. Jake, our last addition was being abused by some boys when he was picked up off the street. Hes a gray stripe and very loving. Then there's the dog....Jazz...who is a german shorthaired pointer with one eye. But regardless of that one eye she can still point and proceed to kill anything that comes in the yard, particularly the doves. She's very high strung but when she does settle for a few minutes can be very sweet. I believe when you take an animal on, you do it for the life of that animal, even if its not the ideal situation. We wouldnt consider gettiing rid of any of these just because they had behaviour problems or didnt work out the way we wanted them to. Jazz has been a bit of a trial to us, but she is settling down a bit as she gets older so we're hoping for the best.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #116
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I love how our dogs demonstrate the power of how we view ourselves. Our mini's think they are mammoths and will boldly go where no dog has gone before! Our Giants ( especially Sookie) think they are tiny lil things.

Here she is in all of her petite-ness sleeping in one of the lil guys beds!

while, of course, the lil guys are laid out on the couch...lol
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #117
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Currently I have two dogs and three cats. Three because a week ago Saturday Syzygy and I came home to find a simply gorgeous dilute tortoiseshell cat at the front door.

No. Really. At the front door. I opened it and she came in.

I've put up signs. I've Craigslisted her. She's chipped but the owner doesn't respond to emails and there is no voicemail. I've called at all hours too. She's got a very unusual name (Dagmar). Well it's unusual here in the U.S. anyway.

Makes me sad that I can't get her to her person but she's going to have to find a new home soon. She is not happy about my other cats. Still everyone is getting along.

And Nayru, as of today, seems to have laid off her "chase Vinegar" need. We are all in the living room right now. Nay is watching V and Batman play but she's lounging on the couch. This is good. V has had to be separated due to her size (Nay has a high prey drive).

I do love my fur babies. Okay. Off to do Tarotscopes.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #118
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation
Default The menagerie....

The trio starts out with Freckles...not mine originally, but left by an ex when she left. The excuse was "Jasmine (her name then) does not travel well and I am an entertainer with gigs all over". Needless to say, the ex parked her RV on the other side of town (not traveling!) and Freckles, an 8 yr old Australian sheperd/Blue tick heeler mix loves to jump in the backseat of my car any time and for any length of time it takes us to reach our destination. She is an expert "fly catcher" and roves both the house and the yard, making sure that her family is protected and all "herded" exactly where she wants them. She follows me from room to room and when I settle down she is always between me and any door - watching both, making sure than I am safe. She is either very protective or has abandonment issues.

Then there are "the girls". Born of the same mama cat in the same litter - the only ones in the litter. Fatso and Psycho. Fatso is the short haired russian blue "self prclaimed "Queen of the house" and Psycho is the long haired puking wonder. Fatso believes that she has to sleep with the remote. Any time she is on the bed, her front paws are wrapped around that remote, as if it is baby or lover. Fatso relaxes on her back with all four paws waving in the air..."look at me, I can balance on my back" she tells me. But from the back, she looks like a rump roast on legs, sauntering down the hallway. Psycho lives underneath the bed, unless she has jumped up on the arm of my recliner to knead my leg before she can settle down and sleep on said leg with her head hanging off the edge of the seat. She is the one who, out of nowhere, jumps up to swat at absolutely nothing in the middle of the hallway. She has taken to resting on either the dining room table or my desk, during the day depending upon if I am working or moving about the house. When friends visit, it is rare that Psycho shows herself, she is my "scardey cat". She is also the one who can be puke-free for days on end, but as soon as I get the suitcase out, will wander the house, leaving little trinkets of her distress. Both of them will run like their lives depend upon it when any container of tuna is opened...I have never seen anything like it in my life. The girls are six yrs old.

I belive that pets are yours for as long as they live. I did not choose Freckles but she is mine and will be for her entire life. I chose the girls after my beloved Springer, Budd, was put down after being with me for all 15 years of his life. I did not know when I would be ready for another dog. I hate cleaning up after all of them, but they are mine and I am theirs. That's all there is to it. I would no sooner give any of them away than cut off my right arm.

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #119
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

About 17 or so years ago, I brought home twin kittens - Charlie and Shaolyn. Charlie was an all black male, and his sister was all grey. Well, she was actually a silver kitten, but eventually grew darker as she aged. I lost Charlie about three years ago, and buried his sister two years later. Shaolyn (affectionately referred to as "Shooshie") originally belonged to one of my exes, but it was mutually decided that if we broke up, she was to stay with her brother (and me naturally, lol.) They were my bestest friends besides being my fuzzy children. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of them - or sing the songs I've made up for them over the years.

Shortly after Shooshie's death, we adopted Maxwell from an animal shelter. He's a striped grey tabby with lots of attitude and a load of spunk. We were a bit nervous about introducing him to Ember, who is an older classic marked orange tabby. Things didn't go so well at first - but they do co-exist peacefully provided Max doesn't instigate - which he does quite often, lol. At this point, I think Max is keeping Ember on his toes and keeping him sharp. Well, that's what we hope.

Max is a sharp little guy. He's a pro bug catcher and could play until he collapses from exhaustion. He's also a talker who especially likes to talk back when reprimanded. His trademark is meowing while yawning. I guess he figures he'd kill two birds with one stone. He learns quickly and is quite ingenious - except when it comes to doors - he hasn't quite figured out the push/pull thing.

Ember doesn't meow like "normal" cats. He tries to enunciate. He's been known to have said "I don't know", "kumbaya" and can now say "water". He says "momol" for mommy, and when he's especially aggravated, he'll mumble on and on ... I guess it's a blessing that we don't actually know what he's saying - we may not want to know. I have never heard him meow once, but he can hiss quite well though. Heh.

I have a weakness for black cats and Mare has a weakness for orange. I still want another kitten, but I have a feeling Mare will win this one.

I cannot imagine a life without cats. I used to be severely allergic as a child, but can't tell you how grateful I am to be able to tolerate them now. I'm still allergic, but I deal with it. Having the fluffy love is worth every sneeze, hive or itch.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2011, 11:17 AM   #120
Lizzy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Lizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST ReputationLizzy Has the BEST Reputation

I have two cats Thomas who I rescued from a friend who travelled to much!We were watching him all the time and finally I said we are keeping him because my kids were so attatched.Then there is Simba,we rescued him from the animal shelter and nursed him back to health.My on and off partner has our other cat Diva who isn't doing well right now.so sad.....
Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lizzy For This Useful Post: