Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 04-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's Time to Boycott Arizona

First they pass the Birther legislation. Now, Governor Brewer just signed SB 1070, the "Papers Please" law. Now any brown person in AZ can be stopped at any time by any cop and forced to prove that they are in the country legally. State officials claim that they won't profile, but I'm seriously doubting that the police are going to go around asking white folks to produce papers.

Polls show that 70% of residents support SB1070.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Arizona is now the laughing stock of the USA. People hear AZ and think "racist." Sad. And I believe the majority of people in AZ would say they want less government in their lives. This is an example of the opposite of that but they don't seem to make the connection because of their ignorance and racism. Wake the fuck up! It's unreal. I can't believe I live here.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #3
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation
Default please, a little more specific.

70% of the people polled.

0% of the people i know approve of SB1070 nor the people that those people know--or the kids demonstrating, and college students demonstrating and getting arrested.

to be clear, there is a hate-mongering and fearful racist, moneyed minority in this state.

boycott what you like, but i didn't know that this was a mecca for anyone except rich, white golfer-retirees. (not a lot of queer dollars in that demographic.)
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

That's down right sad
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

Very sad indeed.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #6
Down2marsboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll answer to He or She, Hym or Hir...it doesn't really Matter to Me
Relationship Status:
Single

Down2marsboi will become famous soon enoughDown2marsboi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
First they pass the Birther legislation. Now, Governor Brewer just signed SB 1070, the "Papers Please" law. Now any brown person in AZ can be stopped at any time by any cop and forced to prove that they are in the country legally. State officials claim that they won't profile, but I'm seriously doubting that the police are going to go around asking white folks to produce papers.

Polls show that 70% of residents support SB1070.
Yeah,

That's TRUELY ashame...racial profiling was already running a muck before...I HATE to think what it will be like NOW.

Anyone see Land...Where's the Shore?

Vic
Down2marsboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down2marsboi View Post
Yeah,

That's TRUELY ashame...racial profiling was already running a muck before...I HATE to think what it will be like NOW.
i'm guessing... MORE racial profiling, more arrests, more mistreatment of human beings, more disregard for human life, more empowered 'minutemen' freaks.

and what they weren't planning on is the UNITY that i'm seeing. there's a HUGE latino population here and an obvious imbalance of power. i remain (hugely pissed) and hopeful.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
70% of the people polled.

0% of the people i know approve of SB1070 nor the people that those people know--or the kids demonstrating, and college students demonstrating and getting arrested.

to be clear, there is a hate-mongering and fearful racist, moneyed minority in this state.

boycott what you like, but i didn't know that this was a mecca for anyone except rich, white golfer-retirees. (not a lot of queer dollars in that demographic.)
I looked closer. The poll was done by Rasmussen, which is notoriously right-wing biased in it's results, and it polled "likely voters". It's quite possible that Rasmussen only considers likely voters to be white republicans.

Thanks for making me look more closely. I'm sorry that the non-racists in AZ will be stuck with the bill for the lawsuits that are sure to come rolling in.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #9
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

I heard on the radio that police will receive training to prevent racial profiling. Uh.....yeah - right. As if THAT'S worked so well before.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

This is a sad thing indeed, to be brown, pulled over, with a law backing up the cops..

I would be terrified..

It's sickening
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

This is just wrong .. it's disgraceful ..
Bella~Vita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bella~Vita For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

this is really upsetting. I hope this gets stricken down somehow. How can 70% of Arizonans be okay with that?

Also, according to wikipedia, "non-Hispanic whites" make up only 59% of the population. I think that poll is bs.

ps. I just read above - thanks Msdemeanor for clarifying more about the poll. Kinda went off half-cocked.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

it'll be interesting when the po-po pull over one of those million dollar brown baseball players during spring training....and he doesn't have his green card and only has a driver's license from another state......that'll be way fun.....

there is hope....many police officers are against this bill including former Mesa AZ police chief and now current SF police chief http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/152962

and also:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...ce-impact.html
The Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police opposes SB 1070 because the group says the law would hobble law enforcement's ability to "fulfill their many responsibilities in a timely manner." But it said its chiefs will enforce the measure if it becomes law.

Besides immigration enforcement is a federal responsibility not a state one........

so here is a summary of the bill:
http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument....passed.doc.htm
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 06:46 AM   #14
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Rachel Maddow with her usual wit on the subject:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4nQvLDbjyU"]YouTube- WANSM-Latest Arizona's Immigration Law, April 23, 2010[/nomedia]
Old 04-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #15
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

I am wondering how much is going to cost the "Good Citizens" of Arizona to defend this Bill in the Courts.

Prejudice...Priceless!!
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 09:35 AM   #16
Softhearted

How Do You Identify?:
---
Preferred Pronoun?:
----
Relationship Status:
---

Softhearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST Reputation

I'm totally speechless... This is so wrong!
Softhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Softhearted For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #17
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Default the face of the enemy

i hope she overdoses on her boniva.

The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 10:00 AM   #18
Billy

How Do You Identify?:
Billy~
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr Princess ~
Relationship Status:
Married April 20 2013

Thanked 3,866 Times in 1,051 Posts
Billy Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST ReputationBilly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
This is a sad thing indeed, to be brown, pulled over, with a law backing up the cops..

I would be terrified..

It's sickening

Sometimes I wonder and I try not to do it often , Where do these people come from and how do they get in the position of power that they are in
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Billy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 AM   #19
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

our friendship ended months ago, she unfriended me on facebook. *real sad face* for questioning her on her lack of college degree, on declaring an official 'day of prayer' to fix the economy, and because i dared ask if the citizens pay for her health care (she wants to sue the feds to exempt az from having health care reform because she's crying poor...).

we're no longer bffs, can't imagine why.

*she also (well, to be fair i'm sure it's her assistant) erases opposing comments on her FB and unfriends anyone that speak the truth.

IRONY: the night before she signed the racist bill she spoke at a Chicana function. (no one was aware of this bill when she was asked to speak, but come on! does she look like someone you'd ask to speak at your Chicana function?)

lovingly, my friends refer to her as the 'crypt keeper'.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 10:12 AM   #20
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Sometimes I wonder and I try not to do it often , Where do these people come from and how do they get in the position of power that they are in
she's only in office because president obama appointed our then-governor, napolitano (a democrat and female, twice elected) as secretary of homeland security. that gave the then-secretary of state jan brewer the office. so basically, bad luck.