Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 04-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #41
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

How anyone can believe that this doesn't constitute racial profiling is beyond comprehension!

There is a part of me, however, that thinks that this action in AZ might actually end up positive in the long run (no, not the bigoted legislation). How can we possibly keep our heads buried in the sand nationwide at this point? Obviously, the constitutionality of this act will be investigated and I think it will be struck down.

Also, maybe some common sense (and hopefully, compassionate) immigration reform will come out of this. We do need to deal with these issues. There are people being treated like nothing by large argri-business as well as human trafficking assbites that only have $ on their minds.

Frankly, I think all illegal’s here now should be granted amnesty, period! Let them become tax paying, citizens that don't have to live in fear and be controlled by drug cartels and gangs! My thoughts are that if the fear they have is eradicated, we would have hard-working citizens that in the end will bring solutions to the table for immigration reform that will work. They need to be legitimate participants in the process. They are here, have been, and have a lot to offer as has been true of every single immigrant group in our history.

I know there are high numbers of Latinos that are against amnesty because they came to the US legally. And the economic times have really stoked the fires between legal and illegal immigrants. I get that, but it just seems to me that there are answers here, mainly by the Latino populations in the US themselves and frankly, I think the powers that be need to focus on what the various Latino groups have to say- and we might get somewhere. Not to mention I am sick and tired of migrant workers being treated as non-human and want them to be a legitimate part of organized labor and be able to work under humane conditions with descent wages and benefits!! You bet, I remember Caesar Chavez! Long live his legacy and contributions.

Seems like compromises among all of us have to happen in order to make a difference with immigration reform…

Just another knee-jerk liberal, here…. But I just can’t handle the cruelty and degradation going on… people dying in truck and train cars en mass (just trying to survive) makes me sick! Also, I am a Californian that believes that the state was formed illegitimately in relationship to Mexico in the beginning. can't speak for AZ or other border states.. don't have the knowledge base.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #42
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Yanno I hate to remind you all

It's not just the *latinos* breaking and entering into this country... We are just easier to pick out... Now how you think this may end in a positive note I dunno..

Here is what *I* am afraid is gonna happen

Some poor brown person (they could be any nationality) is gonna get pulled over, get upset, get scared, they are gonna get tagged as irate and not being cooperative and they will end up hurt or dead..

THAT is not something I think should happen before someone has an *A-ha* moment...

Also don't forget those latinos could have been there hundreds of years, like everything else this country took the land from them...

Funny how that is forgotten..
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #43
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

I changed the channel...
I aint watchin' cnn or msnbc today...
my BP's feelin fucked at the moment...
Got enuff with the Weather being all "wizard of oz".
And I do agree with Snow, that bitch lost any respectable words I could possibly give her simply based on Gender when she signed a Carte Blanche for Arizona Cops to go after anyone they felt was Illegal, considering how things are down there, My guess is anyone that's Brown & makes a Cop twitch....
Crypt Keeper's too fuckin' Nice for her...I liked the crypt keeper lol..
And , if it were a Wrinkly ole white haired Man, I'd still insult his ass if he did the same shit.....
Whatever happened to

Quote:
Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door
Oh wait... I forgot... It also says "Wait, stop....Not You .....or You ....and ..hmm, well, No, not you, step aside"

fuckin' kingkong sized balls...
I'll go, when they rebuild the fuckin Mayflower and go also....
Old 04-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #44
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default stolen from QoQ

Frankly

I find her to be a

*cunt nugget*
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #45
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'd be interested in knowing if law enforcement groups endorsed this new law or were they opposed to it? If they opposed it, it just further supports that this was a dumb political move for Brewer. It is stuff like this that swings law enforcement support in elections to the Democrats. If she is pandering to a narrow band of conservatives in her party, what has she accomplished? As a politician, she's shot herself in the foot twice -- once with Latino voters and maybe again with law enforcement.
see my post #13 ...........I listed a couple of articles about police support and non-support .........plus a summary of the bill......
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #46
evolveme

How Do You Identify?:
honeysuckle venom
Preferred Pronoun?:
a pistol and a sugar cane
Relationship Status:
I promise to aid and abet

Location: in between poems where ceilings are floors and joe ghost floats achromatic toward day
evolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputationevolveme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
And I do agree with Snow, that bitch lost any respectable words I could possibly give her simply based on Gender when she signed a Carte Blanche for Arizona Cops to go after anyone they felt was Illegal, considering how things are down there, My guess is anyone that's Brown & makes a Cop twitch....
Crypt Keeper's too fuckin' Nice for her...I liked the crypt keeper lol..
This was never about respect based on gender; it was about avoiding disrespect based on gender. Or age. This governor loses our respect solely based on her racist policies. To announce derision based on these other, peripheral and unrelated things opens a dangerous door.

If I disagreed with someone here, would it be okay for me to say something like: What a disgusting tranny? Or what an ignorant femme slut bag? Making these things personal is untenable to me. And anyone who knows me personally knows that I believe this. It is my personal politic.

Okay. Moving on.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #47
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolveme View Post
This was never about respect based on gender; it was about avoiding disrespect based on gender. Or age. This governor loses our respect solely based on her racist policies. To announce derision based on these other, peripheral and unrelated things opens a dangerous door.

If I disagreed with someone here, would it be okay for me to say something like: What a disgusting tranny? Or what an ignorant femme slut bag? Making these things personal is untenable to me. And anyone who knows me personally knows that I believe this. It is my personal politic.

Okay. Moving on.

You could always start a thread about it!!

Old 04-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #48
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
See this is where folx think differently, when I see ms pretty calling that woman a crypt keeper her age not once sprang to mind..

You ever see that fucker, all mean and cackly and evil, that is how it connected with me.

So yeah anyways..

As for betrayal..

*laughs* that bitch betrayed my people first, you think I care if she is woman or not, you think she gives a shit about all the brown women?

No

wanna know how I know

She signed it with a smile and a nod to the camera with NO THOUGHT to her fellow sisters

women of this world, country, her state.

So I don't feel so not PC
Right?

I think this lady is the pinnacle of *women betraying women*, actually *humans betraying humans*. To suggest that you are somehow a racist because of your comments is kind of funny. Like an impossible math equation.

I agree with your mother btw.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #49
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Yanno I hate to remind you all

It's not just the *latinos* breaking and entering into this country... We are just easier to pick out... Now how you think this may end in a positive note I dunno..

Here is what *I* am afraid is gonna happen

Some poor brown person (they could be any nationality) is gonna get pulled over, get upset, get scared, they are gonna get tagged as irate and not being cooperative and they will end up hurt or dead..

THAT is not something I think should happen before someone has an *A-ha* moment...

Also don't forget those latinos could have been there hundreds of years, like everything else this country took the land from them...

Funny how that is forgotten..
Yup... there are many immigrant groups, but the indigenous peoples remain hidden, marginalized and forgotten... always have been. Also, the indigenous nature of Latinos gets forgotten (all the way to South American and Spanish roots)... as well as all Native American peoples. Hell, simply 20th Century immigration history (during the teens and early 1920's- but do go back to the late 1800's), and the conditions that the Irish, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc. (and how radicalization was applied) ought to bring us to truths about WASP group-think! Add black slavery and we have a pretty sad picture! The bigoted mind-set of racial and ethnic thinking in the WASP ridden USA is actually alive and well. Which is the center of the damn problem!

Hummm... now what have many said about historical bias? and the different types of historians that gain respect and are quoted most often in the US?

What I get so frustrated about is that it just feels like we don’t just take action! How long do we put up with this stuff? Frankly, I don't have much faith in the masses to educate themselves- they don't give a flying fuck. How can we get to dealing effectively with this?
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #50
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The Gov. may have just signed this bill but problems in AZ have been going on for quite some time. The *Border Checkpoints* nowhere near the borders are stripping away Fourth Amendment rights from citizens every day.

SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #51
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
The Gov. may have just signed this bill but problems in AZ have been going on for quite some time. The *Border Checkpoints* nowhere near the borders are stripping away Fourth Amendment rights from citizens every day.

Looking forward to more of this bullshit happening, LEGALLY...

How no one can see how this is outright racism I don't know..

Crypt Keeper she is not, he was not real, this scary bitch is... and THAT is worse...

Old 04-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #52
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe this was posted before, but I found it to be a succinct article explaining this whole shitty and racist law.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #53
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #54
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

from the phoenix new times (the only local paper that's worth a read...)

Is Governor Jan Brewer ready to become the most hated woman in Arizona by signing SB 1070?

That's the query I directed toward Brewer as she stalked out of the Chicanos Por La Causa 41st Anniversary Dinner, the cries of "Veto the bill" echoing behind her. Brewer maintained the silence of a human artichoke with legs. (*no offense to human artichokes.*)
(read more here) http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bas...t_of_chica.php

from arizona immigration bill: "brewer speaks at Chicano event on Thursday" (4.22.10) as reported on, soychicano.com
A coincidence of timing turned an annual fundraiser dinner into a national political firestorm over illegal immigration Thursday night.

Long before the controversial illegal immigration measure Senate Bill 1070 was sent to Gov. Jan Brewer for consideration, she had agreed to speak at the 41st annual Chicanos Por La Causa anniversary dinner. She kept her commitment – despite the dozens of bill protesters that chanted and marched outside the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel.

Brewer has until Saturday night to decide whether she'll sign the bill, veto it or do nothing and allow it to become law.

If SB 1070 becomes law, it would make it a state crime to be in the United States illegally and would require anyone whom police suspect of being in the country illegally to produce "an alien registration document," such as a green card, or other proof of citizenship such as a passport or Arizona driver's license.

Chicanos Por La Causa earlier this week sent a letter to Brewer stating that the bill would "open the door for racial profiling, create a hostile environment for Latinos regardless of their immigration status and force entire communities to live in perpetual fear of harassment."

At the dinner, organization board chairwoman Erica Gonzalez-Melendez urged Brewer to veto "the most hateful piece of legislation directed at Latinos."

"This law would further open the door to racial profiling of all Latinos," Gonzalez-Melendez said. "This law does not address the root causes of our broken immigration system. It only panders to the racist fear mongers of our state." Brewer spoke next, saying that she has heard the concerns about immigration reform.

"I am not prepared to announce a decision on Senate Bill 1070," she said. "What I decide will be based on what's right for Arizona."

As she stepped off the stage, some audience members chanted "veto, veto" while others tried to shush them. Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon also spoke to the dinner attendees, offering harsh words to Brewer and asking her to veto the bill.

"I understand you're plight. It's an election year. You're facing a tough Republican primary and you love your job," he said. "I ask you to love your state even more."

He asked her not to follow the route of former Arizona Gov. Evan Meacham and former Alabama Gov. George Wallace, who were criticized for racial insensitivity. He said the bill humiliates Arizona in the eyes of America and threatens the state's economic recovery.

Dozens of protesters not connected to the group gathered for a rally outside the hotel.

The Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles organized a caravan of buses and vehicles that drove from L.A. to Phoenix on Thursday. Their group of about 50 is was among those at the hotel rally.

Jorge-Mario Cabrera, spokesman for the coalition, said they came to Arizona to show their support for Arizonans opposing SB 1070.

"Arizonans are definitely fed up with the problem of illegal immigration," Cabrera said. "Unfortunately Arizona, and particularly the Republican party, has chosen to go to the extremes in order to find a solution."

Veronica Iordanova, 25, of Phoenix, said she felt like she had to come down to the hotel and show her concern over SB1070."I see the irony in Brewer speaking to Chicanos Por La Causa when she still hasn't vetoed the bill," Iordanova said. She said she is concerned that the bill would result in racial profiling. "I also don't think we should be forcing police to focus on immigration when they should be focused on other things, like crime," she said. "And if there are civil rights challenges and the city is sued, that would be horrible economically for us."

Leonardo Mada, 14, of Phoenix, had spent the day protesting at the capitol before moving down to the Sheraton. He said he was also worried about what the bill would do.

"They told me that if police see someone with a dark skin color they are going to ask for their information, even if they are not doing anything wrong," he said. "That's racist."
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #55
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation
Default if there was ever a person deserving of a tazering...

actually this is the tempe (local) pastor, originally from sacramento that prays that Obama and gays will die. (and to be clear he's got like zero congregation.)

what? you can't believe we've got all this going on in one little state?!

i guess he didn't fit in in california. (what's left of my humor is now *totally* gone--i can't believe they're piggybacking this freak onto the issue at hand...)

more from pastor stevens:

here's one of MANY videos on youtube where he says all the most hateful words against the country and gays and some opposing church, methodists piss him off, apparently. (he wants the death penalty for gays, no i wish i was joking)

like i said, anytime anyone wants to come down and protest the racism, the homophobia, the general state of *arizona* i shall HOST you and yours in my home, so come on down to where the work needs to be done!!

(on the upside we have a sprinkles cupcakes just 2 miles from us, and a barneys!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post

Quote:
Looking forward to more of this bullshit happening, LEGALLY...

How no one can see how this is outright racism I don't know..

Crypt Keeper she is not, he was not real, this scary bitch is... and THAT is worse...
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #56
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

But I have the militia.

And a state constitutional amendment not only banning gay marriage, but also banning domestic partner benefits.

And the Detroit Lions.

So, I think we're even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
actually this is the tempe (local) pastor, originally from sacramento that prays that Obama and gays will die. (and to be clear he's got like zero congregation.)

what? you can't believe we've got all this going on in one little state?!

i guess he didn't fit in in california. (what's left of my humor is now *totally* gone--i can't believe they're piggybacking this freak onto the issue at hand...)

more from pastor stevens:

here's one of MANY videos on youtube where he says all the most hateful words against the country and gays and some opposing church, methodists piss him off, apparently. (he wants the death penalty for gays, no i wish i was joking)

like i said, anytime anyone wants to come down and protest the racism, the homophobia, the general state of *arizona* i shall HOST you and yours in my home, so come on down to where the work needs to be done!!

(on the upside we have a sprinkles cupcakes just 2 miles from us, and a barneys!)
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #57
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
But I have the militia.

And a state constitutional amendment not only banning gay marriage, but also banning domestic partner benefits.

And the Detroit Lions.

So, I think we're even.

I'll raise you one; my husband's state (FL) is the only one that bans adoptions by gays and lesbians outright.

Bans (of course) civil unions and domestic partnerships. (it seems like over and over they have done this)

And the governor (Crist) is a closet case who married a woman last year.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #58
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

What's next?

Little Yellow Stars Sewn On Jackets?,
Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 12:31 AM   #59
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

This kind of racist bullshit masks the real problem. There is more violence around our southern border, more in CA and AZ than NM. Violence caused by drug dealers and human dealers. This shit has little to do with folks coming across the border to find work and a way out of the mind numbing poverty found in certain parts of Mexico and Central/South America.

The current bullshit speaks little about real immigration issues and even less about how to stop the escalating violence due to drug and human trafficking across our southern border.
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 AM   #60
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
This kind of racist bullshit masks the real problem. There is more violence around our southern border, more in CA and AZ than NM. Violence caused by drug dealers and human dealers. This shit has little to do with folks coming across the border to find work and a way out of the mind numbing poverty found in certain parts of Mexico and Central/South America.
Don't forget about our lax gun laws - there's an insane number of gun shops all along the border - it's nice and easy for the drug dealers to pop over and pick up weapons and ammo.

There's a facebook page for the Boycott: linkyloo

DailyKos has an entry with information about a truckers boycott, plus other info and lots of links: linkyloo