The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

**quick in**

I've redirected it from the original source to the LESBIAN ZONE. This is to make it easier for those that knew where it was before to find it and for those looking to find it.

**quick out**

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #82
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
**quick in**

I've redirected it from the original source to the LESBIAN ZONE. This is to make it easier for those that knew where it was before to find it and for those looking to find it.

**quick out**
Linus...this may sound silly or petty or whatever but....
I wanted to say thank you for setting this up, and also for noticing and changing the fact that it wasn't originally in all caps like the butch and femme zone names were. A small thing maybe, but...thanks
Old 05-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #83
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Linus, thanks for setting up the new Lesbian Zone. When I set it up the thread I was trying to figure out where to put it. I put it in Gender, Identity which was ok, but this will make it easier to find I think, especially for people new to the website.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #84
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
**quick in**

**quick out**
Linus, I think I love you.. well.. maybe. I donno.. I do now, anyway..

lol

Great idea for the Lesbian Zone.. I think that everyone should have a place to start and post threads about what they want and need to talk about, without being attacked or dismissed. Thank you.

-Tony, who will now exit quietly from women's space.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #85
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

The thread is for friends and allies too.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #86
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone

I hesitated to come in, but then saw the warm welcome my friend Cinderella got and thought I'd pop in.

Dyke doesn't resonate or feel right to me at all. I guess in my mind that feels more butch (for lack of a better word) than I can relate to.

In many ways I'm that "stealth lesbian"...even though I'm out to all of my family and friends. People look at me and assume "soccer mom" before anything else. Not trying to be invisible...just seems to work that way when I'm being who I really am.

Of course, it probably looks very different when I'm walking along with Scoote and holding her hand....or stopping to kiss on the beach.

So...dyke? No thank you.
Lesbian? Yep.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #87
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
The thread is for friends and allies too.
Bulldog, Thank you very much for this. By my statement of "quietly leaving women's space" i didn't intend to be snarky at all.. In hind sight, I feel that it could be seen as such. My intention was simply to be respectful of the sharing that is going on in here. I am on a path that is diffrent from being a women.. I actually started a thread in regards to it.

I have posted my support here and I will repeat it again and again.. But I don't think I am needed to do that. You are all very strong people.. But please know that I support this space and shall always strive to be respectful of it and the people that dwell within it.

In Light,
Tony
Old 05-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #88
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post
Bulldog, Thank you very much for this. By my statement of "quietly leaving women's space" i didn't intend to be snarky at all.. In hind sight, I feel that it could be seen as such. My intention was simply to be respectful of the sharing that is going on in here. I am on a path that is diffrent from being a women.. I actually started a thread in regards to it.

I have posted my support here and I will repeat it again and again.. But I don't think I am needed to do that. You are all very strong people.. But please know that I support this space and shall always strive to be respectful of it and the people that dwell within it.

In Light,
Tony
No, I was just clarifying. Thank you.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #89
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Is there anything specific going on, or organizations for, or groups geared just to lesbians? Or has this become an outdated concept?

I don't know about most cities, but I know that in Toronto during the Pride Week festivities/tomfoolery the LGBTIQ parade is on Sunday, while Saturday is "Dyke Day" (yeah, we actually call it that) and women get their own parade on that day as well. Also, during the entire festival there is a beer garden for women only (and it's the nicest one, cuz it's got a wading pool).

I'm sure some other larger cities do the same?

In Toronto the Dyke March is waaaaay different from the big Pride Parade on Sunday. The Pride Parade is.....awful. Lots of corporate sponsors. Loud obnoxious floats. Too long and too crowded. (I hate the parade, I generally don't show up until afterward).

The Dyke March is smaller and more personal. People tend to just jump in and join the March, where with the Pride Parade there are rails up to keep us all out. It's wicked fun.

I'd actually suggest checking out Toronto for Pride Week sometime if you've got the funds/time. I've only ever been to Toronto, Vancouver, and NYC Pride - so I don't have a huge frame of reference. But Toronto blew Vancouver and NYC especially out of the water. (The NYC parade was a huge freaking let-down. I mean, it's New York for crissakes! I expected so much more.)

Anyway, bowing out of this thread since it's not meant for me. But I really wanted to answer your question.

Y'all have fun!

(p/s - Nice thread title. I used to have a cat who I had named after Mo.)
Old 05-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #90
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Betenoire, we have our Pride Parade and the Dyke March. The Dyke March is the night before but is separate from the "official" Pride celebration. The Dyke March is where you find all the renegades (with lots of hot kick ass femmes in the mix :). It's kind of a protest in a way to the official Pride but part of Pride weekend also.

One year a bunch of us Portlanders were at Hobos (local gay establishment) having drinks before the Dyke March. We were having so much fun we almost missed the march. Fortunately Lips noticed we are almost late and led the charge. We ended up running through the march instead of watching it.

My cell phone went off and I thought it might be some of the contingent, so I answered. It was my mother. She was calling to tell me what a good time she had with my brother in Washington, D.C. So I spent the last part of the march nodding and saying "yes Mom sounds great" as I kept running through downtown Portland in the march and trying to keep up with my friends and the dykes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 01:04 AM   #91
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Wanted to share an interesting article on Alapine, a lesbian community in Alabama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/01/fa...pagewanted=all

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 04:56 AM   #92
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I am going to throw this out there cuz it has been on my mind lately.

I came out in the rights movement age and when lesbian rights/visibility was a monumental thing. Having been out of the loop for a while.....I still see gay pride marches going on, and I see the political organizations for rights i.e. for the entire alternative lifestyle umbrella community.

Is there anything specific going on, or organizations for, or groups geared just to lesbians? Or has this become an outdated concept?

In SF, there are 3 parades!!! A Dyke parade (with a whole lot of B-F folks), a Trans parade and the general Gay parade.

In some ways, I wish we would just all march together to show solidarity.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 05:01 AM   #93
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yup, I'm a dyke, a butch, a feminist and a queer! It all fits together for me. I claim lesbian as well along with dyke.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 06:53 AM   #94
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Alapine direct link

http://www.alapine.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #95
Stoney

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch lesbian feminist Crone
Preferred Pronoun?:
Wicked Witch
Relationship Status:
happily content

Stoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST ReputationStoney Has the BEST Reputation

this may be just what this site needed.

As long as we can remain respectful to each others space the better we will understand it.

I have read many threads on topics and lifestyles different from my own, but thats what I do read them. I try not to comment or poke my face and interject my opinion on things that arent my cup of tea. Sure sometimes I dont agree with some of the things I read , but I simply read something else.

I think a lesbian space can and should be included here. as well as a Trans zone,
I read posts in femme threads ,I may thank a post but I rarely comment because I dont feel it is my place to tell a femme my opinion on being a femme cause Im not. If we are talking about being female in general than , yes, I can relate and may comment.
I do not lurk other threads too often, but it is nice sometimes to get a better understanding of my B-F brothers and sisters, ALL OF US individually and in relation to the community. I honestly have educated my self a great deal on this site about transgender issues but rarely comment unless someone is, well for lack of a better way to say it , stirrin' up shit in an area I feel they have no business to really form an opinion, . Okay(I said lack of better words) I don't mean physically or on the site , every one has a right to be here but sometimes I feel people purposely jump in on threads to argue and such. likeif I went to a Male ID thread and started on about being a lesbian and how I think men are this or that....that crap is so unnecessary.
to each his/her own, Live and let live. I bet if we met each other face to face we would probably all like the hell out of each other and kiss and make up ya know?

we have a camaraderie and we have differences, differences that make us unique and individual, differences and similarities that bring us together.

I have scrapped off a little bit of my radical feminist persona , tried to change my wording when it comes to men in general but ....it doesnt change the way I feel a whole lot now I think I am comfortable with the views I hold with regard to feminism, men in general, women, lesbians,misogyny as well as how it relates to me and the men and womyn in "my" life

I think this " lesbian Zone" should be a safe open space where lesbians can speak freely about being a lesbian with out being challenged . For me there is no reason and never has been , to go to a Trans-space or a femme space for that matter, and start a debate with the people about how they feel about themselves.

Thank you bulldog, or Linus who ever it was that got this thread going.,

I think this may be the separation that helps to bring us all together.

It gives us the opportunity to demonstrate respect and acceptance, as well as support. I for one, will continue to keep my nose and opinion out of male - Id'ed threads.
There is a place to meet in the middle here,

I Think of the tall magnificent oak tree, it can stand all alone in the middle of the field, radiant and strong, or it can stand next to a towering green pine, red leaf maple, or a beautiful white birch.
Does this take away from its magnificence? is it no longer an oak tree? of course not!
It only makes it a important and necessary part needed to make up a colorful mighty and beautiful forest.

Namaste' all......
Peace and Love,
Stoney
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stoney For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #96
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Stoney,

I agree. It is nice to have a lesbian space to celebrate who we are along with the other zones. We have commonalities, we have differences. To have our own respective places gives us the ability to deal with, talk about things that are unique to our own affliations, while giving us the freedom to come together in commonality.

Like you, I do peruse other zones and areas. As a dinosaur with a lot to catch up on, I find everything provides the opportunity to learn something new.

Like you, I try and respect others spaces and not post in their spaces. It just seems to be common courtesy to me.

Anyway, am looking forward to the development of this zone and all it could become.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #97
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

I started the thread before there was a Lesbian Zone. It was a thread created by a Dyke/Lesbian (me) for other dykes and lesbians, as well as our friends and allies.

I am happy the Lesbian Zone was set up by the Administration and Tech because I think it does create space that is needed and gives visibility, which is especially important to people new to the site. That said, obviously lesbians are going to be participating in lots of other areas of the site, depending on their areas of interest.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #98
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks, Kobi! This looks like a really cool place!

We might have to change our vacation plans.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #99
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Yes, it does look like a cool concept to live in a community of just women/lesbians. I have been trying to contact them, without success so far, r.e. setting up a tour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
Thanks, Kobi! This looks like a really cool place!

We might have to change our vacation plans.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #100
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yes, it does look like a cool concept to live in a community of just women/lesbians. I have been trying to contact them, without success so far, r.e. setting up a tour.
I recall some controversy about one particular womens owned land in which someone got shot or there was some sort of violence. I can't however recall if it was ALA or GA. I do remember a huge nationwide concern in lesbians communities after it happened. It wasn't by chance this place was it?
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote