Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Jess,

They didnt mention anything of that nature for this particular community in this location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I recall some controversy about one particular womens owned land in which someone got shot or there was some sort of violence. I can't however recall if it was ALA or GA. I do remember a huge nationwide concern in lesbians communities after it happened. It wasn't by chance this place was it?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #102
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I honestly try not to use either.

I agree with the ones that say the "straight" world seems to refer to us all (our community) as lesbians or dykes. I however, do not feel i am either.

I identify as a gay femme. That is what I prefer. So many labels ...so little time....
femme

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #103
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

This is a lesbian owned bed and breakfast located off the San Marcos River, just outside of Austin. www.riverbarnsuites.com. The owner has kayaks for use and takes you on kayak rides down the river if the river is up enough. IT's a really nice place.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #104
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
This is a lesbian owned bed and breakfast located off the San Marcos River, just outside of Austin. www.riverbarnsuites.com. The owner has kayaks for use and takes you on kayak rides down the river if the river is up enough. IT's a really nice place.
I love that everyone is posting these things.....maybe we need a Lesbian vacations thread???
Old 06-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #105
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
I love that everyone is posting these things.....maybe we need a Lesbian vacations thread???
Well I definitely know there are lots of us lesbians who need a vacation!

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #106
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Well I definitely know there are lots of us lesbians who need a vacation!
* raising hand *

I do! I do!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #107
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, I can't believe that I am so late to the thread. Yes, I'm another proud lesbian/dyke!

I love, love, love this thread!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #108
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome purepisces. We left the light on for ya

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #109
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Jess and I have been looking at lesbianesque vacations. I think we have decided to attend Women's Week in Ptown. I must admit, I have never been to Ptown - ya'll don't go revoking my dyke card now, yahear?

In looking for accomodations, we found http://womeninnkeepers.com/, all lesbian/dyke owned B&Bs.

We also found http://pearlsrainbow.com/ in Key West. I'm not up for driving that far and flying these days, well, I have privacy issues with the TSA and their practices and have made the decision I will only fly in a have-to situation.

We have a mini vacation coming up in a couple of weeks with a trip back to Nashville to see my folks - I don't really think of it as a vacation when you have to endure the whole famn damily. LOL
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2010, 06:13 AM   #110
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Don't feel bad, the first time I've been to Ptown was a couple of years ago. Mare and I decided on a whim to take a road trip and that's where we ended up.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #111
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Hell I need an EXTENDED STAY on Vacation. I am so burnt out it's not even August yet. LOL
Old 06-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #112
rawk

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
engaged

rawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond reputerawk has a reputation beyond repute

new here, but love seeing this thread! I've been a proud dyke for most of my adult/out life. I refer to myself that way even. I feel like it empowers me to show that a nice woman, who looks like society's stereotype of "trouble" in my leather jacket, wallet chain, baby-face with short hair, and tatts doesn't give a rip when someone calls me a dyke. I usually just say, "It's Mr. Dyke. Get it right." and keep walking.

Or I just look at them and say, "Boo!"

Viva la Dyke
Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #113
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Welcome rawk! Always nice to see a new face. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawk View Post
new here, but love seeing this thread! I've been a proud dyke for most of my adult/out life. I refer to myself that way even. I feel like it empowers me to show that a nice woman, who looks like society's stereotype of "trouble" in my leather jacket, wallet chain, baby-face with short hair, and tatts doesn't give a rip when someone calls me a dyke. I usually just say, "It's Mr. Dyke. Get it right." and keep walking.

Or I just look at them and say, "Boo!"

Viva la Dyke

Old 06-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #114
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Gay femme here or lesbian whatever you call it these days. However I prefer lesbian
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #115
Luckydwg07

How Do You Identify?:
Yes Ma'am! Butchiness- hard shell candy with a soft center
Relationship Status:
I've bee found-Life has new meaning to me

Luckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST ReputationLuckydwg07 Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am learning about the term "dyke"

I too have had run ins with people calling me dyke in a derogatory way. I also believe demographics can play a roll in the use of the term.
dyke where I live also denoted ignorrance...e.g. "stupid dyke" and it usually came from a (drunkin')male person. it is /was a put down. now a days when I hear dyke its can be a negative term from a homosexual. dykes are considered by some of my friends as "mean, snotty,big mouths,(sometimes softball types)types" that harass the rest of the homosexuals in the bar, club
Don't put what I say as being my gospel PLEASE!! don't do that. I have yet to define myself in any such definite term and I admire the people who know themselves as well as they do (I'll wish to have that same type of confidence about myself one day) I'm sticking with butch for now because I certainly am not feminine. Terminology to me evolves along with the human condition after all we invented the terms and can reinvent them as well
Metro, bulldog and the rest..... I always enjoy the thoughts you put out there
Thanks for the thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luckydwg07 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #116
naturlover_52

How Do You Identify?:
soft butch/bi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she and her are just fine....Sweetcheeks hey you
Relationship Status:
seeing someone long distance but soon will be both in Ca love her very much

Location: So Calif East San Gabrielle Valley aka the land of shake and bake
naturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputationnaturlover_52 Has the BEST Reputation
Default dykes and lesbians to watch out for

I am really glad that this page got started. How do identify....as a lesbian and a soft butch one. I have a hard time w/ the terms Dyke and w/ Queer. Mainly because that is not how I see myself. I think w/ the term Dyke, because it has been used for many years as a way of putting us down. As for Queer I know that it is has several connotations, but for me I feel that I don't fit the dictionary definition.

I don't care for labels...I am just me. I am a 41 soft butch lesbian who loves other soft butch women.

NOW I just need to find one near me.
naturlover_52 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naturlover_52 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #117
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm good with dyke, queer, butch.... Yet, there are times on the site (and the old one) that I too, just get tired of our preoccupation with labels overall. I want to know about the person, not a label.

It is really interesting to see how different age groups, locations, gender identifications and just personal history differ with these terms. But, this is exactly why looking at the individual and what they have experienced is much more valuable than the labels attached to them.

I am mainly a lesbian when I do look at my core.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #118
Daktari

Oh my giddy aunt! I love you lot, and this site, you challenge me to think and question all sorts about myself and learn about how other folks experience the world too.

I've always considered myself a third gender; I happily id'd as Dyke and Queer for donkeys years; much later in life I found that Genderqueer was an empowering label for me; I prefer masculine pronouns for myself; I'm very happy to be a Genderqueer Dyke.

Whenever I've been called "dyke" as an epithet (it's a very rare occurrence for those that call other folks names generally assume I'm a fella until I open my mouth and speak) I usually commend them on their accurate powers of observation - one just has to encourage the less fortunate when they get something right!

My girl is a Queer Femme but also happy to id as a Dyke.

I have many friends who refuse to claim the label Dyke or Queer, they're Lesbian or Gay.

I struggle with 'gay' I'm definitely not 'gay', I'm far too grumpy to ever be described thus
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #119
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Friday Dykes, Lesbians and Friends. It's been a little quiet in the Lesbian Zone lately. Hopefully that's because everyone is enjoying their summer! Welcome to rawk, naturlover_52, Incubus and anyone else new to the thread that I missed.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #120
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

!!!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post: