Old 04-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #401
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post

1. I line all my drawers (as in chest of drawers) with scented liners.

2. I have an affinity for fine stationery and writing tools.

3. I am a classical pianist but rarely play now.

4. I want to be in love again, someday.

5. I still hang out my linens and towels on the clothes line. Something very nice about the way they smell after a day in the sunshine.
I really like this post.

I like to line some of my drawers too, but I haven't tried scented liners.

I love my penpals and like cute and unique stationary with which to write them. I wish I knew calligraphy.

I wish I could play the piano. I'd love to play the acoustic guitar and the piano.

Air dried laundry reminds me of my grandmother.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #402
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

I like chewing on ice.

I can't snap my fingers.

One of my favorite things to do is to lie on a blanket outside at night and look at the stars.

I loathe vacuuming

I love most movies with subtitles.

moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moxie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #403
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

-I studied music for about 25 years, I played the violin, viola and cello I am also classically trained in voice. I still sing but haven't picked up a string instrument in years and years. I am contemplating teaching myself how to play the piano
-I have a deep smooth voice, people always think I am a professional phone something or another when I call ,
-Smoking has ruined part of the range of my singing voice but added a nice roughness to my speaking voice (I no longer smoke, btw)
-I performed as a phone sex worker in my youth
-I still enjoy boudoir talk, albeit unprofessionally

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary

Last edited by Venus007; 04-05-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: darn that Mrs Schlandsburg
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #404
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,590 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a closet headbanger.
I feel compelled to explore hidden trails.
Humane Society commercials make me cry.
I'm obsessed with having smooth feet.
My bathroom, sitting in my big fluffy chair, is my favorite place to read.

Duchess
Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #405
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I don't mind vacuuming. In fact, once I start, that carpet will be "once-overed" about 20 times.

I have a habit of chewing on crushed ice. I was in my glory when we bought a fridge with a crushed ice maker.

I LOVE sour patch kids and Life Saver jelly beans.

I have a pen fetish. Not just for any pen, but "the" pen. And I will cycle through every pen in existence until I find it.

I get secretly excited when I pass a Staples or an Office Depot. I get equally excited passing a Best Buy.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #406
shadows papa

How Do You Identify?:
With a Warning Label
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her Bastard
Relationship Status:
Peaceful Easy

Thanked 1,644 Times in 485 Posts
shadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputationshadows papa Has the BEST Reputation

I am a huge fan of the paintings of Hieronymus Bosch.I once did a 7 day fast,nothing but water.I have been on a vision quest. I have ridden an elephant.I was the only bio-female to ever bench press over 200 lbs at my high school.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #407
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

People describe me as "fascinating"
Jean Valjean and Atticus Finch are my favorite literary characters
I'm very polite and mannerly
I have a deep voice
I have a music collection that includes burgandy, gold, red, white and heart-shaped records.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #408
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default This post is brought to you by the letter B for bug

My favorite "buggy" type creature is the roly poly, followed very closely by the ladybug.

Whenever I see a white butterfly, I always think of weddings.

I have butterflies, a ladybug and a lizard in my tats.

A plant here at work has so many no-see-ems around it, I want to take a flame thrower to them.

I ran through a patch of grass when I was about 5ish and stepped directly onto a bee, stinger side up. It took 4 grown men, my mom and her friend to hold me down while they took the pliers to my foot to get out the bits of bee and stinger that were jammed into my skin.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #409
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I love dark chocolate.

I saw a speech therapist for years for a tongue thrust...I was never cured.*perk*

The town that I am from had a population less than 800 when I was growing up. Everybody knew everybody.

Philo T Farnsworth was my cousin and is said to be the original inventor of the TV. (RCA ripped him off)

I worked in a slaughter house for years....hard to believe when you know how compassionate I am about animals.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #410
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

I have no middle name (despite all other siblings having one).

My dad died on the same date as my ex-boyfriend's birthday--I called him up and said, "Happy Birthday, my dad just died." (it was a recent break up--issues!)

I memorized my multiplication tables in grade three when I was sick with pneumonia for three weeks.

I peaked in grade four when I won both best athlete and best student awards. I could feel the eyes of hatred as I collected both. They turned on me the next year.

In grade five I received my first negative report card comment--(paraphrasing)--Despite excellent grades, she tends to be snarky at times (snarky I think was the actually word but, after joining forums, I don't think it was the appropriate word! I think I just had opinions.) I decided it wasn't worth being the good girl after that.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #411
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Default Snark, it's what's for dinner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post
I have no middle name (despite all other siblings having one).

My dad died on the same date as my ex-boyfriend's birthday--I called him up and said, "Happy Birthday, my dad just died." (it was a recent break up--issues!)

I memorized my multiplication tables in grade three when I was sick with pneumonia for three weeks.

I peaked in grade four when I won both best athlete and best student awards. I could feel the eyes of hatred as I collected both. They turned on me the next year.

In grade five I received my first negative comment--(paraphrasing)--Despite excellent grades, she tends to be snarky at times (snarky I think was the actually word but, after joining forums, I don't think it was the appropriate word! I think I just had opinions.) I decided it wasn't worth being the good girl after that.
This whole post made me grin, wince, and laugh because I've soooo been there (except for numbers one and two).

On a side note, I detested my middle name growing up and the first opportunity I had to get rid of it I did, thus making the best argument for marriage. Get a new name! Weeee!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #412
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I hate leaving the house with chipped nail polish

I am not a phone person. The only time I talk alot on the phone is if I am engaging in an LDR. All my friends know that if they want to chat they have to do it in email or stop over.

I am not a fan of sushi

I have to start eliminating sugar and carbs from my diet because I was just told I am insulin resistant

if I could only eat one food, it would be apples
Old 04-07-2010, 01:05 AM   #413
Enchantress

How Do You Identify?:
A complex confection.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss

Thanked 3,421 Times in 1,201 Posts
Enchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST ReputationEnchantress Has the BEST Reputation
Default This, that and the other.

1. I have been known to talk in my sleep as well as sleep walk (especially when I'm feeling stress)

2. I keep a screw driver in my freezer

3. Sometimes when I'm alone I will act out a scene as if I was in a play (don't judge)

4. I can never find a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g. (meaning I set something down and it's suddenly and magically misplaced) It's a strange phenomenon.

5. If I'm craving a tangerine, it's usually an indication that I'm avoiding "life issues".
Enchantress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Enchantress For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 01:29 AM   #414
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

1. I asked my son to give me a Harley for my 60th Birthday, a red one with a side-car for my dog.

2. I am loyal to the point that is can be unhealthy at times.

3. I have to dance daily or I get very crabby.

4. I have frog statues all over my yard and gardens.

5. I hate to play board games.

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #415
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

1. I may have accidently picked up the third twilight book while at my parents house.. (It was in their store and I was needing something to read) I was several pages into the book before I recognised the players... I found the book to be childish, angst ridden, and I wanted to shake all three of them more than once... But under that I found a interesting plot... Sigh.. I now have read the next one to find out what happenes.. Years of avoiding the Twilight train gone to waste...

2. I am now borderline obsessed with making flowered hair combs.. My mother is an enabler, as she sent home boxes of crafting supplies with me.. I hope I can sell them, other wise I am going to have a hella lot of flowered hair combs..

3. I have gained 60 lbs in the last 8 months and I dislike my body a great deal. It's hard to feel sexy and powerful when you are not loving your body..

4. I generally have a song playing in the background of my mind...

5. After spending a massive amount of time with people, I reach saturation point.. I don't want to talk, don't want to interact in R/T.. I need to recharge my batteries at this point..
Old 04-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #416
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i love tiny cubed ice

i help strangers

my fingers (and toes!) are long

my desk is frighteningly messy (partially because i can't half-clean, i have to make a HUGE production of cleaning and getting every speck of dust and partially b/c i set things down on top of other things. E is organized, which helps keeps us balanced, for realz)

when i worked in SF my co-workers nicknamed me, porcelain doll. i felt really seen.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 AM   #417
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I prefer eating deli sandwiches dry. I like condiments - but prefer they not be on my sammiches.

I like to wear my watch on my right hand, even though I'm a righty.

My least favorite chocolate is white.

I'll have at least two tubes of toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner and soaps going on at once ... I like variety.

Since yesterday's post, I received a lot of vacuuming offers. Maybe I shouldn't say that I do windows too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #418
Write14u

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm easy
Relationship Status:
She's some kind of wonderful.

Write14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
I prefer eating deli sandwiches dry. I like condiments - but prefer they not be on my sammiches.

I like to wear my watch on my right hand, even though I'm a righty.

My least favorite chocolate is white.

I'll have at least two tubes of toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner and soaps going on at once ... I like variety.

Since yesterday's post, I received a lot of vacuuming offers. Maybe I shouldn't say that I do windows too.
*laughs and guiltily raises my hands on the vacuuming offer*
But, but...I promised I'd cook in return.

1) I know trivial bits of info like this: And the funny thing about white chocolate is that there's not actually any chocolate in it.

2) I also wear my watch on my right wrist despite being right-handed.

3) My sister got me the coolest hat for my birthday. It says "Vintage" on it and the year I was born (1970). Apparently I'm vintage now. *grin*

4) I played for six years on my high school varsity basketball team, starting from the time I was a freshman. It was a small school.

5) I have a big-screen television that I rarely bother to turn on. My roomie gets a lot of mileage out of it, however.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #419
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write14u View Post
*laughs and guiltily raises my hands on the vacuuming offer*
But, but...I promised I'd cook in return.

1) I know trivial bits of info like this: And the funny thing about white chocolate is that there's not actually any chocolate in it.

2) I also wear my watch on my right wrist despite being right-handed.

3) My sister got me the coolest hat for my birthday. It says "Vintage" on it and the year I was born (1970). Apparently I'm vintage now. *grin*

4) I played for six years on my high school varsity basketball team, starting from the time I was a freshman. It was a small school.

5) I have a big-screen television that I rarely bother to turn on. My roomie gets a lot of mileage out of it, however.
I'll eat just about anything for dinner except for fish dishes. But I do like tuna fish and fish sticks, lol ... (Should I decide to vacuum for you, lol).

I was born in 1966, so I guess I am a bit more vintage than you.

We just bought a big-flat screen TV and I'm in love with it. The first movie we watched on it was Coraline - in 3D.

I'm very expressive in nature, and in turn, I love to observe expressions on others. An expression is worth a thousand words (sometimes).

I really don't want to be at work today.

Old 04-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #420
Write14u

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm easy
Relationship Status:
She's some kind of wonderful.

Write14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST ReputationWrite14u Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
I'll eat just about anything for dinner except for fish dishes. But I do like tuna fish and fish sticks, lol ... (Should I decide to vacuum for you, lol).

I was born in 1966, so I guess I am a bit more vintage than you.

We just bought a big-flat screen TV and I'm in love with it. The first movie we watched on it was Coraline - in 3D.

I'm very expressive in nature, and in turn, I love to observe expressions on others. An expression is worth a thousand words (sometimes).

I really don't want to be at work today.
1) I'm really good with the grill, particularly with steak, chicken, shrimp or turkey burgers.

2) 1966 was a fantastic year for Mustangs, and apparently for femmes. *wink*

3) I don't know if I've watched a movie on our TV, but I have watched my CSI:NY series on it. And sports looks pretty good on it. *grin*

4) I talk with my hands a lot. My mom used to say that if I had to sit on my hands, I wouldn't be able to express myself. I'm not that bad anymore, but still ...

5) I'm not wanting to work today either. I go in at 3. Boo!