Old 05-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
ALittleStar4You

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
complicated

ALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud of
Default CL ads

Love em? Hate them? Never used them?

I need to find a friend. I can't sit back and watch anymore. Im seriously letting the rest of my life slip behind me. Shame shame. I need to be proactive...

So i finally put together my first Craigslist Ad Last night. I tried to be as up front as possible with out sounding like a total whack job. I have gotten 1 reply so far. It was genuine as far as i can tell, and i am waiting to hear back a second time.

What are some other tried and true places of meeting the people Im looking for online to start? Im not interested in pay memberships to sites.
Have I done all i really can with out leaving my home for the club?
Old 05-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

This site is in the beginning stages of getting a dating area set up, so keep your eyes open for that in the future.

I think CL ads are entertaining. Some are meant strictly for that purpose, like the class clown in the back of the room. Lots of noise, but is there anything of substance? Eh, maybe.

I rarely see the kind of ads I would like; that would attract me. I want someone to be upfront and with a certain degree of bluntness. I want to know not only what they are looking for but who and maybe why. And don't bother to get all flowery with it. KISS - keep it simple, silly.

This is an example of something that may cause me to reply back:

Stone Butch Seeks Stone Femme

"42 year old SB seeks younger, intelligent SF that understands not only the B-F dynamic, but that of D/g as well. I know it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, but if what I've said thus far has made sense to you, contact me and we'll see if we are compatible."

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
ALittleStar4You

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
complicated

ALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud ofALittleStar4You has much to be proud of

Thanks so much for your comment Gemme. Truly appreciated.
The info about this site you gave is also an exciting thought too :wink:
Im just so frustrated at this point of not knowing how to be in the right place. Tired of being invisible off the internet.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I have a really good friend who did a CL ad, he met a really nice lady and they have been together for over a year now.

Happy Shopping!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
ALittleStar4You

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
complicated

Im not even seeking a LTR quite yet, but not a one time thing either. A friendship to start. like most of the ads so vaguely state..."we'll see where it goes from there", 'cept i didn't actually use that term !LOL
Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Are you looking to find dates or just friends?

I've met a few folks I have dated over the years from CL. A couple who became friends after we dated...

I've never met someone just as a friend from CL, but I know others who have.

There are other free sites out there... but my experience is that if someone pays, they are more apt to actually engage. I figure if I have paid for something, I should actually use it.

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #7
ALittleStar4You

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
complicated

SassyLeo, I am not looking for strictly friends. But I wouldn't be against making new friends who don't strike my fancy.
I was also just suggested to try OKCupid. SO i might check that site out soon too. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
justanolecowboy

How Do You Identify?:
ftm
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
committed.

Thanked 1,957 Times in 458 Posts
justanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputationjustanolecowboy Has the BEST Reputation

Ahhh --- CL - seems to be a love it or hate it site. You hear horror stories - and then like a few postings here - from those who have found love or at least friends...

CL used to be a great site to post on - but I find anymore - it has turned into ... those seeking just a "hook up" - rather than a genuine relationship - whether that be friends or otherwise.

Perhaps I am too old school - I still believe in old fashioned romance - and I believe that a lot more people want that - than will admit.

I've used CL twice - once that disastrous effects - the other time - a brief- passionate romance - that taught we both learned from - and we have remained friends ---

I just tonight - was thinking of posting again ---as I have been thinking about romance ---

So - here it is -

Is romance still alive and well??? ---

Here it is Tuesday mid-morning and I wonder why I am not calling the florist to have flowers delivered to a special lady...or making plans to cook out and have a nice fire on a chilly evening to be followed by a good movie and maybe a glass of wine ... and then? ....I wonder what happened to the idea of "dating"... the idea of actually "calling" someone ...not "texting" and "asking" them if they would like to go to out for a nice dinner, maybe a movie or concert...a walk in the park on a sunday afternoon...a festival for a BBQ and art fair...then you actually pick them up...take them out...pay for their dinner and whatever else might come along...take them home...walk them to the door...and maybe..."just" maybe...be brave enough to kiss them goodnight...make sure they get in safely and then "ask" ...may you "call" again...and tell them "in person" you had a nice time...and leave "something" to be "anticipated" ... I mean...does anyone want that anymore...does anyone "Date" anymore...or is it all just "hook ups" or FWB or one night stands or "booty calls" with no commitments...or just emails and texts ...not that I don't enjoy the electronic age...but I am just curious...doesn't just the idea of "dating" with the possibility that their could be genuine caring and love that grows over time appeal to anyone anymore? The idea of spoiling the woman you care about...doing such special things for her that she knows you love her and think about her...the way you look at her across from the table at the restaurant and your eyes tell her that she is the most beautiful woman in the world and she takes your breath away...romance...doesn't anyone want or appreciate the art of romance anymore? Having the "Date" pay for your dinner...hold your coat...open the car door...stand in the rain for three hours to buy concert tickets for your favorite band...to surprise you...unexpected cards...flowers...yes...just because it is a tuesday...

I think about those things...I "want" those things...and I have to believe that someone...somewhere out there...wants that too...

_________BUT then I erased and didn't post ----as well I am a butch - and I enjoy femme women - and I find when reading on CL - that it is not as it used to be - not all that butch/femme friendly ---or at least that is my considered opinion after reading several postings and what people are seeking ---

And I say all of that to say ---nothing ventured - nothing gained - and you just "never" know ---so go for it!
justanolecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justanolecowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #9
greeneyedgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Thanked 3,267 Times in 835 Posts
greeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALittleStar4You View Post
I tried to be as up front as possible with out sounding like a total whack job.
haha... love it!
Quote:
Have I done all i really can with out leaving my home for the club?
i met some really cool peeps on cl... had to sift through to find them... but once i did i kept em!
greeneyedgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #10
greeneyedgrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Thanked 3,267 Times in 835 Posts
greeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputationgreeneyedgrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Quote:
Im not even seeking a LTR quite yet, but not a one time thing either. A friendship to start. like most of the ads so vaguely state..."we'll see where it goes from there", 'cept i didn't actually use that term !LOL
shoulda kept reading before i replied i guess! so far i've only met friends there. cl does seem to be either heavy on the "let's hook-up and bone" and "i'm totally nuts, wanna move in?" posts in the w4w section.
greeneyedgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 AM   #11
Mr Nice Guy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kind, sweet, loving, romantic and a rare Butch. :)
Relationship Status:
I don't drive a Uhaul. :)

Thanked 4,894 Times in 1,307 Posts
Mr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST ReputationMr Nice Guy Has the BEST Reputation

Hey I'm from NH. I'll be your friend. Matter of fact I do have a CL ad on. Too funny. Pm me and we can hang if you want. I'm looking for friends too. Just friends.
Mr Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #12
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I feel certain you are inquiring if I read craigslist dating ad's. NO

Not looking

I do, however, read the for sale ad's. Never know when I might pick up a new Kayak or a hobie cat or who knows what, at a MUST SELL price.....

I like rants ....makes me realize I'm pretty sane.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #13
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Work Truck Runs Great!!!

Just a regular rockin and rollin work truck. Daily driver on rebuilt motor. Not a show piece, just a good old truck good on gas and exhaust brand new brakes and tires on rear but will need a front end alignement and a lube job soon.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 06:26 AM   #14
ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

I never really meet people from CL as I feel there are way too many creepers there, I'm more inclined to use OKCupid or PlentyOfFish. I prefer OKC, though. PoF is difficult to navigate and has stupid ads.