Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 09:21 PM   #41
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

When I was a kid I knew no matter what was going on in my life that was crazy as hell I could go to the saterday movies and lose myself from all the troubles.I wanted to be the lone ranger,to fight against all the bad guys,then superman for the same reason.As I got older I wanted to be someone who chnaged the world and make it a better place for everyone,so many folks I read about or saw in the movies I cant list them all.I gess I should have been in law inforcement insted I did something else.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #42
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
for now, maybe Idgie Threadgoode from Fried Green Tomatoes? (I'll have to think about this more.... I LOVE all kinds of movies) 'cause she's a tough cookie, a survivor, and never takes crap from anyone.
I thought about it.... I relate to a mix of Idgie Threadgoode and Eva Rojas from Sahara. Eva was spicy, sassy, could hold her own, bold when fighting to save the under-privileged with her medical skills, and determined. Both Eva and Idgie were witty, fiercely independent and stubborn.

Yeah... that's me "in a nut-shell", save missing a few traits like mechanical skills without breaking fingernails.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 05:40 AM   #43
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Have to say Stu Redman from Stephen Kings the Stand,," county don't mean dumb" guss i want to see myself the strong type with a good heart. also marshal dillon from gunsmoke ahh my drema just me and my horse saving people making a change for good. Finally from Radclyffe's books the justice serise Dell the rookie copwho is not all female she is like me a cross a stury in contasts..
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 AM   #44
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post
I suppose I must be your Joanie.

I can hear you now, "I aint gonna open my eyes, but you can go ahead and kiss me if that's what you fuckin' do"

We so have to stop the Deadwood-a-thon. I might call someone a cocksucker.

If I had to choose my own character, it would be from TV - Julia Sugarbaker.
This is why I love Julia and you, my most wonderous perfection!

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #45
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Of all the characters in either a story from a book or in a movie, I know that I identify closely with "Rose" in the movie Titanic - mostly because of her social disposition (i.e., she was from a once well-to-do background, she's torn about being married - which she knows to do so is for all the wrong reasons, and because she's full of life and feels like her life will end if she keeps doing what her mother wishes for her to do) and how she actively chooses to live her life with purpose and defy social conventions of her day.

She's strong willed, feisty, sassy at times, funny, warm, sensitive and certainly an intellectual of her own accord - all things that I feel are aligned closely with who I percieve myself to be.

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #46
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Scarlett O'Hara - her strength and fight

Scout Finch - she stood up for what was right, was what she believed in, and questioned authority all while having a huge heart for others

Celie - no matter how bad it got she kept her dignity and in the end emerged victorious

Jo March - her ambition, independence and compassion

Elizabeth Bennet - well-read, fiercly independent and strong

Hester Prynne - she didn't shrink from her sentence, she was compassionate and defied the oppressive authority of her puritanical society

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #47
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I would have to say the book I identified with the most as a kid was 'The Outsiders'. All the S.E. Hinton books has characters I could relate to.

I can also see myself in Novalee Nation in 'Where the Heart Is'.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #48
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Lisabeth Salander

she is hired by Mikael Blomkvist (journalist) in
"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (author, Stieg Larrson).

She's relentless, isn't fooled easily, stakes out her territory,
goes in for the 'kill' - absolutely loved the role she played in this story.
She's compassionate, gutsy, independent, intelligent as fuck and runs the fuck (so to speak).
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #49
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Cayce Pollard: protagonist of William Gibson's 2003 novel Pattern Recognitiona "one-woman school of anti whose very austerity periodically threatens to spawn its own cult"
Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #50
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Jane Eyre (Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte)

“I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself. I will keep the law given by God; sanctioned by man. I will hold to the principles received by me when I was sane, and not mad—as I am now. Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation . . . They have a worth—so I have always believed; and if I cannot believe it now, it is because I am insane—quite insane: with my veins running fire, and my heart beating faster than I can count its throbs.”

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post: