Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central

Newbie Central Newbies start here! A place to ask questions, get answers, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with other folks from ButchFemmePlanet.com

Old 09-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #41
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post

this makes me go back to my ? on the 1st page......... what about the non princess girls out here?? where do we stand?? with all the guys here??
have any tips for us non princess girls??

Hi MS!!

I am no princess I assure you. So I stand pretty good, not hard to get someone's attention. It's sometimes as simple as a hello, my name is..

and sometimes it's just about a look and then just wait.

orrrrrrrrrrr sometimes a girl has to do what a girl has to do an just flat out say.

Hi I'm ______ you're cute, I'm cute buy you a cup of coffee?

The worse thing that can happen is they are just not into you.

That's ok though, cause out there someone is.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #42
KimKawashima

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Taken

KimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST Reputation

Really now, no one should be getting offended about anything out here in this realm. We are all posting about our own point of views and answering honestly as we perceive it. Honestly, their are stereotypes of some sort regardless of our individuality. If you can't embrace them and find humor in them and brush them off, perhaps you should crawl under a rock and stop visiting sites where real people have real opinions. I'm a Boi/Butch/Daddie/Master and I look like a Guy and act Masculine. My Femme is a Baby Girl/Femme/Slave. She acts like a Femme, looks like a Femme etc. No one would guess she is a Lesbian. Hence the Names we give ourselves, hence the Stereotypes otherwise their wouldn't be these labels, yes? Smile and be happy and get over it.
KimKawashima is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KimKawashima For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #43
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKawashima View Post
Really now, no one should be getting offended about anything out here in this realm. We are all posting about our own point of views and answering honestly as we perceive it. Honestly, their are stereotypes of some sort regardless of our individuality. If you can't embrace them and find humor in them and brush them off, perhaps you should crawl under a rock and stop visiting sites where real people have real opinions. I'm a Boi/Butch/Daddie/Master and I look like a Guy and act Masculine. My Femme is a Baby Girl/Femme/Slave. She acts like a Femme, looks like a Femme etc. No one would guess she is a Lesbian. Hence the Names we give ourselves, hence the Stereotypes otherwise their wouldn't be these labels, yes? Smile and be happy and get over it.
*s*

I am ok with calling out stereotypes.

I am not fond of sexism either and ok with calling that out as well.

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Old 09-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #44
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The very notion that the people who spoke of their offense need to get a sense of humor is, in itself, hilarious, and also, a little offensive.

It's not about lacking a sense of humor, it's about not wanting to embrace degrading, old fashioned and absurd stereotypes of the people we are not. Accepting stereotypes isn't something anyone should have to sit comfortably with.

Stereotypes and labels are not the same thing. My "label" does not instantly attribute to me a plethora of behaviors or attributes that speak to who I am. If they do, then someone isn't paying attention.

Again, I suggest evolution, it's a remarkable tool.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #45
KimKawashima

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Taken

KimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
*s*

I am ok with calling out stereotypes.

I am not fond of sexism either and ok with calling that out as well.

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Just I have seen too much whining about "...don't use stereotypes, I'm offended..." So I was just nipping it in the butt before too much whining occurred. Whiners are one of my pet peeves. This entire site is full of so many different people and lets be honest, some of us can be lumped together under labels, but yes admittedly some of us can not be, we are exceptions to the rules and categories. I love all my brothers and sisters equally and enjoy all of our craziness and differences. Our lives are complicated enough and we don't need whiners and complainers to drag us down. So I was just making a point....If you can't stand the heat get the F out of the kitchen.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:05 AM   #46
KimKawashima

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post
The very notion that the people who spoke of their offense need to get a sense of humor is, in itself, hilarious, and also, a little offensive.

It's not about lacking a sense of humor, it's about not wanting to embrace degrading, old fashioned and absurd stereotypes of the people we are not. Accepting stereotypes isn't something anyone should have to sit comfortably with.

Stereotypes and labels are not the same thing. My "label" does not instantly attribute to me a plethora of behaviors or attributes that speak to who I am. If they do, then someone isn't paying attention.

Again, I suggest evolution, it's a remarkable tool.
I suppose you can slap another "label" on a word all you want but the action remains the some. So okay, my evolved word for "stereotype" is "label."
Old 09-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #47
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
That wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Just I have seen too much whining about "...don't use stereotypes, I'm offended..." So I was just nipping it in the butt before too much whining occurred. Whiners are one of my pet peeves. This entire site is full of so many different people and lets be honest, some of us can be lumped together under labels, but yes admittedly some of us can not be, we are exceptions to the rules and categories. I love all my brothers and sisters equally and enjoy all of our craziness and differences. Our lives are complicated enough and we don't need whiners and complainers to drag us down. So I was just making a point....If you can't stand the heat get the F out of the kitchen.

*s*

Good thing I never have liked the kitchen!!!

I am still ok with calling out stereotypes and pesky lil isms

Thanks for the dialogue

Old 09-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #48
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
And you think calling people - other site members - "whiners" is the way to "nip something in the" bud? Interesting approach.

I'm just trying to follow the logic here, and wonder if you see any irony in attacking people who's pet peeve is stereotypes, while claiming the right to air your pet peeve.

I think it's safe to say, it's the "whiners and complainers" who have brought the heat, and we're firmly in the kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKawashima
I suppose you can slap another "label" on a word all you want but the action remains the some. So okay, my evolved word for "stereotype" is "label."
It may be your word, but you would be speaking a different language than most people. "Label" and "stereotype" aren't even in the same genus.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken

Last edited by Mister Bent; 09-19-2010 at 11:12 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #49
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post

I think it's safe to say, it's the "whiners and complainers" who have brought the heat, and we're firmly in the kitchen.
Contrary to Femme Stereotypical (love those butches who want to put me in the kitchen)...

LOL Not this Girl ~ No way - No how ~ Am I in the kitchen
I will wear an apron (and that is all) but never in the kitchen... Ahem!
Scary - banish the vision Julie (make it go away).

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #50
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Excuse me, but would you people please stop arguing for a few minutes and light my cigarette?

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #51
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Welcome to BFP, CausticPrincess.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #52
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Excuse me, but would you people please stop arguing for a few minutes and light my cigarette?

Thanks!
There you go bete... I couldn't find a lighter one.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #53
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
mr/he :p
Relationship Status:
single

sweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputation

again i wasn't directing it at femmes. but yes it did happen. i mistook a straight lady for a femme and got hit with a purse and yea it hurt. not sure how saying something that actually happened is stereotyping O.o
sweetbutch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sweetbutch26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #54
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicbutch View Post
There you go bete... I couldn't find a lighter one.
Thanks.

Now I feel insensitive for talking about smoking.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #55
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I was hit with a purse once, felt kinda good actually.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #56
KimKawashima

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Taken

I don't understand your logic and you don't understand mine. Can't it just left at that. And my original point was why start with someone for using a so called stereotype if that is what we choose to do? So me expressing wanting to use them and you telling me it offends you is no different than you telling me I can not tell your offense to my stereotyping is offensive. It is a vicious cycle. So needless to say if you want to have at it. Call me old fashioned, but I have better things to do like fight for our rights as I have since high school and not waste any more of my energy on this
The Following User Says Thank You to KimKawashima For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #57
Velvetkitten
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Bratty Daddys girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Girl,Girl, friend
Relationship Status:
My soul is torn leave be

1 Highscore

Velvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST ReputationVelvetkitten Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Is work the right place?

Isn't there some other social network?
Caustic P if a cute Butch is sitting in your chair go for it. You are in the proper line of work for it and as Kim said just use a neutral line of questions.
Velvetkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velvetkitten For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #58
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy In Florida View Post
I was hit with a purse once, felt kinda good actually.

I prefer a good slap in the face, but that's a different thread...

- H. L. Mencken
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #59
KimKawashima

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetkitten View Post
Caustic P if a cute Butch is sitting in your chair go for it. You are in the proper line of work for it and as Kim said just use a neutral line of questions.
Absolutely, Hair Dressers actually have a lot more freedom than some other lines of work depending on the salon. Being in a mall on your breaks or before or after work you have a lot of people around you as well. Good luck in your search!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KimKawashima For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #60
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Red face

Quote:
I don't understand your logic and you don't understand mine. Can't it just left at that. And my original point was why start with someone for using a so called stereotype if that is what we choose to do? So me expressing wanting to use them and you telling me it offends you is no different than you telling me I can not tell your offense to my stereotyping is offensive. It is a vicious cycle. So needless to say if you want to have at it. Call me old fashioned, but I have better things to do like fight for our rights as I have since high school and not waste any more of my energy on this
We call out stereotypes because some of us do not fit them and it makes it difficult and frankly it's offensive to be cast into something we are not.

I am still ok with calling them out even though you think it is not ok.

Snow~A Masculine Femme Top Leather Daddy who hates the kitchen and leads her household.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post: