Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central

Newbie Central Newbies start here! A place to ask questions, get answers, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with other folks from ButchFemmePlanet.com

Old 09-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #61
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Bent View Post

I prefer a good slap in the face, but that's a different thread...
Dirty!

I think the OP should try the greyhound station. No exaggeration, but I've met several Butches at greyhound stations. I don't know what that's all about. The cutest one EVER was in Detroit - but I was attached at the time so I just chatted and smoked and left.

Seriously. Greyhound.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:43 AM   #62
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimKawashima View Post
I don't understand your logic and you don't understand mine. Can't it just left at that. And my original point was why start with someone for using a so called stereotype if that is what we choose to do? So me expressing wanting to use them and you telling me it offends you is no different than you telling me I can not tell your offense to my stereotyping is offensive. It is a vicious cycle. So needless to say if you want to have at it. Call me old fashioned, but I have better things to do like fight for our rights as I have since high school and not waste any more of my energy on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
We call out stereotypes because some of us do not fit them and it makes it difficult and frankly it's offensive to be cast into something we are not.

I am still ok with calling them out even though you think it is not ok.

Snow~A Masculine Femme Top Leather Daddy who hates the kitchen and leads her household.
Kumbaya!!!!!!!!

CP welcome to the planet. I hope you enjoy....

I do love it here and I enjoy it here with all of my brothers and sisters.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #63
waxnrope
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

And awayyyyy we go ...

Seriously, you wouldn't find me or SOME other butches at the mall. Just saying. Then again, unlike the other posts, I haven't any other real useful suggestions Perhaps a concert or other musical event. A dance? Then again, library? Lol. I have a few butch friends who are librarians, if you like that stereotype. Lol. Why limit yourself to one location? If you persist, as was suggested on the first page, you'll do fine.
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waxnrope For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #64
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CausticPrincess View Post
LOVE this site...I am having fun reading and dreaming.......This Femme is yearning for her STUD......ButchDaddy....SweetBoi........ There is a large community here where I live, but havent any idea how to find my butch!! Its almost like they are all in hiding!! ...asking a word of advice from the butches out there......

I cut hair in the local Mall.....How do I make a first move if I see a sweet Butch strolling the mall or in my chair...is that uncouth..? Should I just zip it and let her find me...?? Give her direct eye contact...??? HELP!!

Happy Sunday everyone!!!
gawd..... im such a dork sometimes..........
Caustic. welcome to the Planet...... lol ..... this is a very good topic for alot of us girls here... ty

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #65
sweetbutch26

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/stud/boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
mr/he :p
Relationship Status:
single

sweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputationsweetbutch26 Has the BEST Reputation

what wax said. you can't limit yourself to one specific place. you kind of have to put yourself out a little more. if you live in a large lgbt community check for local events coming your way.
sweetbutch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetbutch26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #66
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
In my purse I carry whatever I happen to be reading at the moment, my new Nintendo DSi (woo!), a black magic marker, and my cigarettes.

I do not carry a lighter. Instead I just stand around holding my cigarette to my lips and looking helpless until some drooling masculine type rushes up to light it for me.

It should be a red marker. I saw an American Dad episode where Stan took his son, Steve, to a war re-enactment. They used red markers instead of weapons. I think it could catch on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Black magic marker??? What are you a tagger?
That's classified.

Quote:
No. It's just sometimes I come across things that need to be edited.
So, YOU'RE the one......

Quote:
Thanks.

Now I feel insensitive for talking about smoking.
You should be.

My lungs are offended at the very mention of it.

to BFP, CausticPrincess!

Just be yourself and those who you are meant to meet, you will.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 09-19-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #67
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

You would find ME at the mall, jus sayin'
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #68
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

uses a barber..
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #69
CausticPrincess

How Do You Identify?:

CausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmmmm.....lots of great advice....a few slams......a comment about my name.....and some heated discussion......wow......and I just had a simple question.....no fear friends...I FEAR no one and dont run away from opinions or opinionated people.....its all good.....we are all here for the same thing.....friendship...comraderie....support.....a nswers......and if one is really lucky....LOVE......

Kisses and hugz to all....

K
CausticPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to CausticPrincess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #70
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

*Tip Hat*
All princess and non-princess types are looked at...sometimes stared at...
I don't remember who said it because I am not good at quoting, but it is true the more you put yourself out there, the better chances you will have...the worst anyone can do is say no (that goes for all of us, butch and femme).
It is interesting tho that a lot of us are very flirty in here and not so much in person...so establishing a connection in here is one way to go about possibly more, and if it doesn't work out I bet you get some pretty great friends from it. You'll be surprised how much you learn about a person when you actually "have to" talk to them...lol *teasing, sarcasm*
Have a gret Sunday, what's left of it...& good Luck!
Old 09-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #71
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcountry View Post
*Tip Hat*
All princess and non-princess types are looked at...sometimes stared at...
I don't remember who said it because I am not good at quoting, but it is true the more you put yourself out there, the better chances you will have...the worst anyone can do is say no (that goes for all of us, butch and femme).
It is interesting tho that a lot of us are very flirty in here and not so much in person...so establishing a connection in here is one way to go about possibly more, and if it doesn't work out I bet you get some pretty great friends from it. You'll be surprised how much you learn about a person when you actually "have to" talk to them...lol *teasing, sarcasm*
Have a gret Sunday, what's left of it...& good Luck!
.... very good post.. T ......
btw........ I think your tractor is sexy... hehehe

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #72
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

And just so we're clear - I wasn't kidding about Greyhound stations. They're a fucking GOLDMINE.

But, really. I find if you want to meet people in general, you go to where your type of person would normally hang out.

Like 'em smart? Start lurking around independent bookstores. Like 'em pretentious? Start lurking around coffee shops (not starbucks). Like 'em nerdy? Start lurking around comic book stores. Like 'em to completely forget you exist for weeks at a time? Start lurking around video game stores.

And GO TO THE BAR. That's the whole reason that queer bars exist. So we have somewhere to drink, dance, and meet other queers. And if dance clubs are too loud/obnoxious/meat markety for you (and, believe me I understand that. oy)...it doesn't have to be a dance club. You said where you live has a pretty big community - so USE that community. I'm sure there has got to be at least one sit-down Dyke bar - go there and sit down. Does your city or a nearby city have a gayborhood? Yes? GO THERE. Walk around. Get a latte and read a book. Pet strange people's dogs. Say hello to strangers. SMILE. Stare back.

Edit!!!

Get in touch with your nearest LGBTI centre. Sign up for some stuff - I bet they have stuff. Take a self-defense class for Queer Women. Volunteer for Queer events. Go to book launches. See live bands. Participate in protests. Eat alone at sidewalk cafes. Just GET OUTSIDE.

Last edited by betenoire; 09-19-2010 at 08:00 PM.
betenoire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to betenoire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #73
KimKawashima

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Taken

KimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST ReputationKimKawashima Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hmmmmm.....lots of great advice....a few slams......a comment about my name.....and some heated discussion......wow......and I just had a simple question.....no fear friends...I FEAR no one and dont run away from opinions or opinionated people.....its all good.....we are all here for the same thing.....friendship...comraderie....support.....a nswers......and if one is really lucky....LOVE......

K
I certainly hope you find what you are looking for. There are plenty of good butches out there that are looking for someone. My last relationship was 9 years and I met her at her job. I met my Baby Girl I am with now online and she is wonderful. You never know when love is going to blind side you.
KimKawashima is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KimKawashima For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #74
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

K
I have to say... I am really humbled by your response to all of the various posts you have received. I being one of the "more heated," people here who responded.

You are here, and you did not run away, but have remained to even honor those of us, who might not have honored you in such a way.

We are all here for the same reason, Princess (not feeling you are so Caustic).

Welcome to the Planet and I look forward to reading some more of your words, and I wish for you - that in this massive world of ours, you are so blessed with finding that one special love in your life.

Julie (Caustic Yesterday - Still a bit today).

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #75
CausticPrincess

How Do You Identify?:

CausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST ReputationCausticPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Awww...Julie....THANK YOU.......HUGE HUGZ......I can be TRULY Caustic...hence the name.....but no reason here.....everyone has bad days....good days.. long days and absolutely glorious days......and they all come and go....I just roll with the punches (when I can)...I took NO OFFENSE to your words.....Its all good darlin......
I am a Princess...a Diva....but with a WICKED tough skin....and a bit of a big ego ...LOL.....So lets have some coffee and solve all the worlds problems !!!

K
CausticPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CausticPrincess For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #76
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

How bout some tea...(or T )lol
Sorry...that is my mood today...
so great that you just put it out there and made the rest of us think..
I really like actually having to think about a topic and in the process put myself out there for whatever comes to be...("caustic" or not...sometimes it is a friendly reminder to get burnt)
Have a Great Week!! & Welcome again!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #77
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
be yourself
smile and be happy
don't give a shit about what others think about how you are and enjoy your life, among many other things, this is what attracts people.

Sometimes strolling through a thread is like walking the gauntlet of the mean girls.

Isadora
I agree! When you exude -insert feeling here (happy, excited, fun, etc)- energy, I believe you attract like-minded energry
Old 09-20-2010, 02:00 PM   #78
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am new to the butch/femme dynamic. A good friend asked me one time how do you queer yourself? He was asking when I am not with my partner how do I communicate to the world at large that I am queer? I thought this was an excellent question. I am still working out how that works for me. I guess what I am saying is that if you queer yourself in general then butches will see you too!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #79
rlin

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 1,190 Times in 451 Posts
rlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputation

i suggest the greatest femme weapon of all time...
eye contact... and a smile...
even here... in text.... it still works...
i guess i should add....if you look at me... and i notice... (i own a bit of a 2x4 mentality...)
if you look at me and smile and then put yourself into my space sometime... even as thick as i can be i will still see the writing on the wall....
in my case after i figure it out i will do the rest...
others... you may actually have to talk to...
rlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rlin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2010, 06:16 PM   #80
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

This helps........