Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Re-invent Yourself Here!

I suggested this to a friend unhappy with their current life. I then started to think "why the hell not?"

I think it would be a great thread.

You have sold everything and can go anywhere, do anything, be anyone, start completely over. Where would you go, what would you do?

First type that part.

Now tell us what it would actually take for you to actually do it.

Please take your time.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If I sold everything I would have a nice chunk of change. I would buy me a huge 5th wheel RV Toy Box, back drops down, converted to haul my dogs. I would travel around the US and teach people how to become foster dog parents. I would probably pay cash for a little tiny cabin in the mountains as a home base and retreat.

I would have a place in Costa Rica or some place beachy and warm.

Or take a partner here at the farm and trade off taking care of things whilst I traveled to do the same.

I would work 2 weeks a month, take off two weeks. I would have coffee with people a lot and fall madly in love.

I would lose a lot of money if I sold the farm right now. Rural properties are in demand but not at the price that would make it worth selling. But if I did I could.

I will seek another person of like mind and spirit who wants the same. To work hard and play hard. Some type of arrangement with a trusting, spiritual soul that loves animals and is not afraid to get dirty.

lol- It seems that I have already re-invented myself. I guess I just need to do things a little diffrently.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Alter speaking now...

Darling I would buy me a damn Harley and a Jeep. I'd spend 6 months going to spas, making myself over, wining and dining. I'd spend a few month a year in a Casita by the ocean in Costa Rica, zip line through the jungles and eat too much papaya.

I'd go to Brighton by the Sea (England) and tea dance with the british queers. I'd head to LA during the Diana Shore weekend, down to Key West for Fantasy Fest!

I'd buy a big ass houseboat and start a seasonal party boat business for queers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

So many things come to mind....

Cruise around the world...

Open a teahouse...

Live on the beach ion Costa Rica, but no jungle zip lines...lol.

Live on a ship

Move back to Argentina

Visit all my friends around the world

Though I am not sure if selling everything right now would pay for any of that
Old 07-19-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
So many things come to mind....

Cruise around the world...

Open a teahouse...

Live on the beach ion Costa Rica, but no jungle zip lines...lol.

Live on a ship

Move back to Argentina

Visit all my friends around the world

Though I am not sure if selling everything right now would pay for any of that
any thing is possible is you want it bad enough. Do you think 20 years ago I thought I'd be living on a farm taking care of animals? lol hell no.

You ever hear of couch surfing? There's even a web site.

Opening a tea house might keep you from traveling. How about a traveling tea house? One of those food trucks painted all cute. Make pastries and java too, build a twitter following, special events such as speakers, open mic, do it in pastures, downtown, any where you can get a permit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
any thing is possible is you want it bad enough. Do you think 20 years ago I thought I'd be living on a farm taking care of animals? lol hell no.

You ever hear of couch surfing? There's even a web site.

Opening a tea house might keep you from traveling. How about a traveling tea house? One of those food trucks painted all cute. Make pastries and java too, build a twitter following, special events such as speakers, open mic, do it in pastures, downtown, any where you can get a permit.

This idea ( or take-offs from it) can and has worked for folks. In Homer, Alaska I had the opportunity to meet a couple who own The Sourdough Express. She started it very much like the "traveling tea house" idea and met her husband ( who came to work for her) a couple of years after she got up and running. Theirs is truly one of those " live your bliss" stories.

Here is their story and website:

http://www.freshsourdoughexpress.com/history.htm
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
This idea ( or take-offs from it) can and has worked for folks. In Homer, Alaska I had the opportunity to meet a couple who own The Sourdough Express. She started it very much like the "traveling tea house" idea and met her husband ( who came to work for her) a couple of years after she got up and running. Theirs is truly one of those " live your bliss" stories.

Here is their story and website:

http://www.freshsourdoughexpress.com/history.htm
actually i did some research on gourmet food truck and the boom in areas like CA, DC, Miami, across the nation. You can find them on facebook and twitter people following them around town watching to see where they will be. It's pretty amazing. In fact, you'd be great at something like that. I told Christie a while ago that instead of opening a cafe open a concession but something unique and different. Get a following of people and permits at interesting places where people can meet up and socialize.

Now Jess, re-invent yourself! what would you do if you could walk out that door right damn now and go anywhere, do anything. No holds barred.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #8
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

bump

come on, change your life right now! You can have anything, go anywhere, create a whole new life! what would it be?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #9
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

If I could do anything, I would retire and buy (or rent) a house on the beach. Any beach, doesn't matter where or how small the house (or shack).

Most of my friends @ my job in our 50's and up, joke that we will be wheeling our walkers into work before any of us can afford to retire (we are all RN's and clinical social workers).

Dare to dream. I hear those waves already...

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #10
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

We're working on it right now!

We want a simple house on about 10 acres with a couple of workshops (separate structures). We will build another simple house somewhere on the land for family.

I'm going to restore/refurbish vintage RV's and, eventually, we'll get the wife out of the corporate world (although, right now, we are both very grateful for the career she has and the work she does). She wants to one day sell donuts that are delicious and not all that bad for you!!

We'll adopt lots of animals, fix and beautify things, and do good things for our community.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #11
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
actually i did some research on gourmet food truck and the boom in areas like CA, DC, Miami, across the nation. You can find them on facebook and twitter people following them around town watching to see where they will be. It's pretty amazing. In fact, you'd be great at something like that. I told Christie a while ago that instead of opening a cafe open a concession but something unique and different. Get a following of people and permits at interesting places where people can meet up and socialize.

Now Jess, re-invent yourself! what would you do if you could walk out that door right damn now and go anywhere, do anything. No holds barred.
Actually, I really love my life! The only thing I would change is having more "Us" time with my wife. A way for us to take off on romantic adventures and for her to have less stress/ work less.

The moving feast idea is very cool and who knows, when she retires we may do that or something similar (with RV in tandem) that we might be able to travel more. Unfortunately, most of the places I want to see now are over seas and I just don't see going abroad with a roach coach..LOL.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #12
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Actually, I really love my life! The only thing I would change is having more "Us" time with my wife. A way for us to take off on romantic adventures and for her to have less stress/ work less.

The moving feast idea is very cool and who knows, when she retires we may do that or something similar (with RV in tandem) that we might be able to travel more. Unfortunately, most of the places I want to see now are over seas and I just don't see going abroad with a roach coach..LOL.
Nothing is stopping you two from doing that. get a baby sitter for brat boy if you need to. You can always drop him here but I'll bust his ass working and if he gives me any lip I'll give him a spanking. lol I'm sure if you wanted to go away a weekend a month (and you should) work something out with Matt and let them stay there. They can get stuff done around there for you, Christie can bring the baby. They can keep an eye on the boy. just don't do it on the weekends he's working for me!

You know the concession thing, if done right, would make some serious cash. This type of marketing is right up my ally. You two would be great at it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #13
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
We're working on it right now!

We want a simple house on about 10 acres with a couple of workshops (separate structures). We will build another simple house somewhere on the land for family.

I'm going to restore/refurbish vintage RV's and, eventually, we'll get the wife out of the corporate world (although, right now, we are both very grateful for the career she has and the work she does). She wants to one day sell donuts that are delicious and not all that bad for you!!

We'll adopt lots of animals, fix and beautify things, and do good things for our community.

ooooooo a vintage RV! I'd love one of those. I'll sell you 10 acres and even trade you part for a vintage RV. Then you can team up with Jess and Christie, convert a few vintage RV's into food service trailers and create a new southern food service.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #14
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Actually the moving concession idea is a great one. I worked sports catering and concessions years ago for large events like Lollapaloosa, Kentucky Derby, Golf Tournaments, Grand Prix races etc.

I definitely have the experience.

Hmmmmm.

Food for thought....(pun intended!)

Great thread S!
Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #15
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Actually the moving concession idea is a great one. I worked sports catering and concessions years ago for large events like Lollapaloosa, Kentucky Derby, Golf Tournaments, Grand Prix races etc.

I definitely have the experience.

Hmmmmm.

Food for thought....(pun intended!)

Great thread S!
Thank you! yes it is and one I've thought about for a while. A party on wheels!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,621 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I am in the process of re-inventing myself, as you call it. I call it simple soul evolution.

Immediate goal was to move back to family and get physically and mentally and soberly and financially stablized. All done.Last one was the hardest but its done now too

Second goal was to get a horse back in my life. Done. I have acquired a horse AND today, someone gave me (yes, GAVE ME) a mini that is identical to the horse I have! Both are boarded damn near free at a friends. Am lucky as all get out for that!

Third goal is to have purpose in my life. Once the basics are taken care of, I can go higher. I want self actualization. Just started a business revolved around Joy. For children mainly but also for adults. Am acquiring my space this month and getting my funding started tomorrow!

Fourth goal is to travel. I have a truck and am now hoping a truck camper will land in my bed..literally! And, I want a retro one! LOL. I love Thinker's new business!

Fifth...animal rescue. I have big orders from above that I want to do this and am willing. We will see what shows up for me. I cant do it alone. I need a Higher Power to move it along. If it is to be..it will be...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

oh the mini is going to do pet therapy with me. He is going to go to schools, children wards in hospitals and do private therapy sessions with other therapists. His name is Gabriel, after the archangel..who I know sent him to me...
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

well if you think about it we all are constantly re-inventing ourselves and I'd like to think all evolving. If you are actively pursuing a dream then great! If your not, you should be.

So if you could do anything right now, a whole new you what would it be?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #19
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

talk about re-inventing....I decided after being so sick for the past four or five days to go for a new look. Here i am...all cut and coloured! I love it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #20
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I love this thread and am taking it to heart.

I do have a couple of bills I need to get paid off, so I am going to work on getting unpacked and things set up so I can sell off some of my stuff on Ebay....then I am going to work out a savings plan. If I have to I will find a PT job. In fact, I want a PT virtual assistant type job I can work from anywhere on line so when I do take to the road I can still bring in some money.

I am getting excited about making my dream of several months a year closer to beach a reality.

Still pondering the mobile F&B idea...I got out of F&B because the work was killing me, so I don't know if I have it in me to go back to it though I am good at it.

But mulling over ideas is part of it. Right?