Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #81
PurpleQuestions84

How Do You Identify?:
Super Girly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss.Lady ;)
Relationship Status:
Single

PurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST Reputation

Jessies girl makes very pigmented eye shadow colors ....
http://www.jessesgirlcosmetics.com/ (rite aid)

"if you end up a life you never wanted because u listened to your parents, your priest, your friends, and your spouse, you deserve it."

PurpleQuestions84 AKA Barbie Dyke
PurpleQuestions84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PurpleQuestions84 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #82
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleQuestions84 View Post
Jessies girl makes very pigmented eye shadow colors ....
http://www.jessesgirlcosmetics.com/ (rite aid)

>>I love their their eyeshadows..they last and the colours are very pretty. And you're not reapplying throughout the day, too.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #83
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I just bought the Neutrogena microdermabrasion thing that Bleu was talking about.

They were out of the refill heads, which are 24 for $11.99 (you use it 2-3 times a week).

I'm trying to wean myself off the expensive Clinique exfoliating scrub I've been using since forever. Or maybe I can alternate them. Also, I looked for the Neutrogena scrub that people add sugar or salt to as an exfoliant but they didn't have it.

I can't wait to use the microdermabrasion thing!

Last edited by Ginger; 01-06-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: type on numbers
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #84
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
I just bought the Neutrogena microdermabrasion thing that Bleu was talking about.

They were out of the refill heads, which are 24 for $11.99 (you use it 2-3 times a week).

I'm trying to wean myself off the expensive Clinique exfoliating scrub I've been using since forever. Or maybe I can alternate them. Also, I looked for the Neutrogena scrub that people add sugar or salt to as an exfoliant but they didn't have it.

I can't wait to use the microdermabrasion thing!
>>Make sunday a day of pampering, luv! Make yourself a delish drink...take a hot bubble bath..watch a girlie movie. Coddle yourself....you deserve it!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #85
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
>>Make sunday a day of pampering, luv! Make yourself a delish drink...take a hot bubble bath..watch a girlie movie. Coddle yourself....you deserve it!

Good idea, Talon!
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #86
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

Two things I do: I keep a little plastic bottle with a flip top full of baking soda in the shower and add a couple of shakes of that to pretty much any facial wash I use. I think I usually grab something from Neutrogena. It's a super inexpensive way to exfoliate.

I also use hydrogen peroxide as a toner. I learned that trick from a friend who's been in the facial business for years. After I wash my face, I just use a cotton round and go for it. The combined cost of a box of baking soda and a bottle of peroxide is maybe $3.
Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fatale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #87
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale View Post
Two things I do: I keep a little plastic bottle with a flip top full of baking soda in the shower and add a couple of shakes of that to pretty much any facial wash I use. I think I usually grab something from Neutrogena. It's a super inexpensive way to exfoliate.

>>Great tip. I'm trying this today. Thank you, Fatale.

I also use hydrogen peroxide as a toner. I learned that trick from a friend who's been in the facial business for years. After I wash my face, I just use a cotton round and go for it. The combined cost of a box of baking soda and a bottle of peroxide is maybe $3.
>>This is interesting..the peroxide wouldn't be drying either, compared w/other alchohol-based toners.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #88
PurpleQuestions84

How Do You Identify?:
Super Girly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss.Lady ;)
Relationship Status:
Single

PurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST ReputationPurpleQuestions84 Has the BEST Reputation

once a week i add powdered milk to a warm bath for baby soft skin

"if you end up a life you never wanted because u listened to your parents, your priest, your friends, and your spouse, you deserve it."

PurpleQuestions84 AKA Barbie Dyke
PurpleQuestions84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleQuestions84 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #89
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I was curious if anyone here had tried the dermatologists prescribed lash accelerator called "Latisse"? The results I've seen are impressive..but I'm hesitant because in the fine print it talks about increased brown pigmentation of the eye retina (which is more than likely permanent)..and I don't want my eye-color to change permanently.
It can sometimes stain your eyelids too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #90
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

2 for $8 so I bought these for $16 at Urban Outfitters.

Angeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angeltoes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #91
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

One of my favorite makeup lines I found when trying to break a very long MAC addiction is NYX. My drag queen girlfriends swear by it and I have had great results so far!

this is one of my favorite palettes - The Smoky Eye!

Last edited by Medusa; 01-06-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #92
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

This is the purple one and it is amazing-

Oh, and did I mention these are only $9-$10?!

Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #93
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I can honestly say don't use the Hardcandy Lash Primer. It flakes and irritated my eyes. I felt like stuff was in them all day, e the fibers just got into my eyes. I finally removed all my eye makeup and reapplied without it. I bought a pricier primer at Sephora, it was expensive, 22 dollars for it, but I loved it. (can't remember the name)No irritation. I think when it comes to something like that, it's probably better to go with the pricier ones.

I recently read a book called "looking younger'' . It went into great detail on how makeup artists get their models lashes so thick, without the primer. She said that you pull out the wand, wipe off excess on the rim and then dab on a soft cloth, not to worry there is plenty left on the wand. Place it at the roots of your eyelashes and wiggle it back and forth as you stroke out. Let that thin coat dry for two to three mins. It is imperative for it to dry completely and that you dab off the wand to get a thin coat, or the next layer will clump terribly. Then repeat for a total of three coats. I have not tried this yet either, but I am going to and see if it works like she says......
Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #94
G Snap!

How Do You Identify?:
gay. I'm very happy, thank you!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Chefhmboyrd's seeing eye blonde

Thanked 1,109 Times in 229 Posts
G Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST ReputationG Snap! Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
>>Have you tried the "Neutogena Ultra sheer for sensitive skin"? It's not a chemical sunscreen, it's sheer, and it runs about $10 generally. Just when you apply it, allow it to absorb for about 5 minutes.
I would love to try it, but for some reason there isn't any to be had here in Tennessee. Sometimes I feel like I am in a cosmetic "dead zone" because there are things I look for but can't find. Like Cetaphil hand cream & Eucerin sensitive face wash. Yes, I could mail order, but that robs me of the instant gratification of walking into a "wal" store and having it right now.
G Snap! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to G Snap! For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #95
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot something I was in the habit of doing previously, and should do again...

When you get build up on your hair from products and shampoo, you can wash your hair with lye soap and it strips it of all the crap and leaves your hair SUPER soft and silky....I was doing it once a month or so..
I discovered it because my ex had very bad psoriasis and lye soap was the only thing that helped it. She would use it on her scalp too and I noticed that her hair looked SO nice and shiny! It's not especially cheap...or even easy to find. (we got it at Cracker Barrel, 5 or 6 dollars a bar) but if you get a soap bar keeper, it will last for however often you use it....
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #96
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What about BB creams? Is it better than tinted moisturizer? What ones have people tried? I have a hard time knowing which color to get in the drugstore. I usually go to the department store.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #97
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleQuestions84 View Post
once a week i add powdered milk to a warm bath for baby soft skin

>>I really like this idea...Do you find that the powdered milk works better than using regular whole milk added to your bath?

*Forgive me if you've already answered this, it may have gotten erased in the recent outage*
Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #98
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
One of my favorite makeup lines I found when trying to break a very long MAC addiction is NYX. My drag queen girlfriends swear by it and I have had great results so far!

this is one of my favorite palettes - The Smoky Eye!

Oh man, NYX *is* the shit.
I have both of those palettes..and I use them both, all the time.
They're eyeshadows are really awesome...*especially* if you're a MAC addict. Because the quality and intensity of the pigments, are very similar(to MAC), at a much better price.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #99
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femminator View Post
Well, I can honestly say don't use the Hardcandy Lash Primer. It flakes and irritated my eyes. I felt like stuff was in them all day, e the fibers just got into my eyes. I finally removed all my eye makeup and reapplied without it. I bought a pricier primer at Sephora, it was expensive, 22 dollars for it, but I loved it. (can't remember the name)No irritation. I think when it comes to something like that, it's probably better to go with the pricier ones.

>>>>With certain products, you-just-gotta-pay-the-money-honey. Thanks for heads-up.

I recently read a book called "looking younger'' . It went into great detail on how makeup artists get their models lashes so thick, without the primer. She said that you pull out the wand, wipe off excess on the rim and then dab on a soft cloth, not to worry there is plenty left on the wand. Place it at the roots of your eyelashes and wiggle it back and forth as you stroke out. Let that thin coat dry for two to three mins. It is imperative for it to dry completely and that you dab off the wand to get a thin coat, or the next layer will clump terribly. Then repeat for a total of three coats. I have not tried this yet either, but I am going to and see if it works like she says......
>>>Thank you for this tip! I definitely will try this..especially for night time.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #100
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Snap! View Post
I would love to try it, but for some reason there isn't any to be had here in Tennessee. Sometimes I feel like I am in a cosmetic "dead zone" because there are things I look for but can't find. Like Cetaphil hand cream & Eucerin sensitive face wash. Yes, I could mail order, but that robs me of the instant gratification of walking into a "wal" store and having it right now.
>>>Drag...yeah, it isn't the same as going into the actual store and buying it.
And you know, they've actually done studies,
that show consumers do not get the same fufillment when they buy online, as they do when they physically are shopping in a store....So, I totally get that.