Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #81
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post
My sister crochets. She doesn't like knitting - but she will do it. She knitted up a bunch of scarves to give as Christmas presents.
I like knitting - I started on scarves, tried to make some kids sweaters. I want to do some more socks but then I think I'll attempt lace. If it works out then I might attempt the socks that Nightshade suggested.
Crocheting is fun and so is knitting once you get the hang of it. It is just going to take some time I think and maybe I will get it and be able to make a scarf or a hat or maybe a sweater too!!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:36 PM   #82
Nightshade

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:

Nightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST Reputation

The two at once is really easy. It was the third thing I did when I learned how to knit. I did a scarf, a sock and then two at once. Once you do it you'll be really pleased with how easy it is and how much it makes people gasp to see you doing it.

Sort of like using dpns in public. I love how people gawk and 'all those needles!'

Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightshade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #83
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I definitely need to get my knitting needles out and practice more!! Then I can learn how to do these things!!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #84
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am also a self taught knitter.
once I found the youtube videos I was able to get it.

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #85
Nightshade

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:

Nightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST ReputationNightshade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
I am also a self taught knitter.
once I found the youtube videos I was able to get it.
Ditto. Between youtube and the videos on knittinghelp.com I learned pretty much everything I need to know. There's no way I could have learned with someone watching and critiquing me. With videos you can just play them over and over until you get it.
Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nightshade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #86
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/

Just cuz I love y'all.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 PM   #87
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/

Just cuz I love y'all.
I have read one of her books
I like her!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #88
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

She's great. I use her "basic recipe" for socks.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #89
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Well all it does is snow so I can't get out to get the crochet hooks for the dog blanket yet! Geesh maybe Friday would be good but Thursday no go we are going to have like 6 inches maybe more!!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #90
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Just started a quick scarf for a birthday..

The price of yarn has gone UP! I may as well order the good stuff with the prices at Wal Mart...
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #91
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Still have not been able to get the crochet hooks maybe tomorrow or Monday because I want to crochet a blanket for the dogs to lay on!! Happy knitting or crocheting everyone!!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #92
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

I finished my first sock
I am so happy
I have started the second sock!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2011, 01:55 AM   #93
storyofmylife

How Do You Identify?:
silly femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly,Madly,Deeply Engaged ♥♡

storyofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputationstoryofmylife Has the BEST Reputation

I used to crochet yrs back. I just started learning how to knit and I really enjoy it too!
I wish I had brought my needles /yarn with me.
storyofmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to storyofmylife For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #94
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

I'm almost finished some socks - I just have to cast off the toe on 3 different ones. Then I want to start on fingerless gloves for my SIL - last week she saw the pair I knit for myself last winter and really loved them. Hopefully I'll be done these while it is still cold!
My sister is crocheting a hat for herself - I'm tired of her stealing one I bought myself so I got her yarn to make her own.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #95
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I have a client who was knitting in the waiting room yesterday before our appointment. She said she was making "arm warmers". Said they are back in style. (?)

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #96
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I have a client who was knitting in the waiting room yesterday before our appointment. She said she was making "arm warmers". Said they are back in style. (?)
Really what do they look like?? I would be interested in knitting those...
Old 02-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #97
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default From google when I typed in "arm warmers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Really what do they look like?? I would be interested in knitting those...
http://www.google.com/#q=arm+warmers...2c1330b766f6e0

Sorry, I know nothing about knitting, but this is what arm warmers are.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #98
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post
I'm almost finished some socks - I just have to cast off the toe on 3 different ones. Then I want to start on fingerless gloves for my SIL - last week she saw the pair I knit for myself last winter and really loved them. Hopefully I'll be done these while it is still cold!
My sister is crocheting a hat for herself - I'm tired of her stealing one I bought myself so I got her yarn to make her own.
I realize you must be casting off a pair and a half of stocks or the second half of 3 pairs
but the above cracked me up this morning

Old 02-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #99
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
I realize you must be casting off a pair and a half of stocks or the second half of 3 pairs
but the above cracked me up this morning
I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Three toed socks!

I've been thinking about fingerless gloves. I really want fingerless gloves. I think I NEED fingerless gloves. I may have the perfect yarn for fingerless gloves. I just don't know if I have the skills.

Anyone have a fingerless glove pattern for knitting noobs who aren't so good are knitting much besides squares and rectangles with fringe?
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #100
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Three toed socks!

I've been thinking about fingerless gloves. I really want fingerless gloves. I think I NEED fingerless gloves. I may have the perfect yarn for fingerless gloves. I just don't know if I have the skills.

Anyone have a fingerless glove pattern for knitting noobs who aren't so good are knitting much besides squares and rectangles with fringe?
actually the most basic fingerless glove is a rectangle that you sew together and leave a hole for your thumb. I made a bunch of pairs recently with big chunky yarn and it only took about an hour and a half to make a pair.

Tags
crocheting, hobbies, knitting