Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #101
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
actually the most basic fingerless glove is a rectangle that you sew together and leave a hole for your thumb. I made a bunch of pairs recently with big chunky yarn and it only took about an hour and a half to make a pair.

Hmm.. maybe I can do that then. I'll have to look at see what I can find. I don't know about chunky yarn though because I will probably wear them the most when I'm computing. OK, that was silly. If I'm awake, I'm computing and I don't think I'll wear them when I'm asleep. I've got a really nice merino/cashmere blend worsted weight that I think would work well and not be irritating.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #102
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
Hmm.. maybe I can do that then. I'll have to look at see what I can find. I don't know about chunky yarn though because I will probably wear them the most when I'm computing. OK, that was silly. If I'm awake, I'm computing and I don't think I'll wear them when I'm asleep. I've got a really nice merino/cashmere blend worsted weight that I think would work well and not be irritating.
They work well for that
they yarn sounds lovely
good luck and let us know how you do

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #103
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
I realize you must be casting off a pair and a half of stocks or the second half of 3 pairs
but the above cracked me up this morning
Oh - I go away for a little while and people mock me! :-D
But yes - 1 pair and 1 sock of another pair - - which is just too wordy. And it is SOCKS not STOCKS! Your could have noted that Gayla! ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Three toed socks!

I've been thinking about fingerless gloves. I really want fingerless gloves. I think I NEED fingerless gloves. I may have the perfect yarn for fingerless gloves. I just don't know if I have the skills.

Anyone have a fingerless glove pattern for knitting noobs who aren't so good are knitting much besides squares and rectangles with fringe?
This is the pattern I use for
fingerless gloves
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #104
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:

Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post
Oh - I go away for a little while and people mock me! :-D
But yes - 1 pair and 1 sock of another pair - - which is just too wordy. And it is SOCKS not STOCKS! Your could have noted that Gayla! ;-)

This is the pattern I use for
fingerless gloves
LOL I could have, if I had even noticed! I was way too distracted by the thought of 3 toed socks!

Thanks for the link! I like the look of those but I'm intimidated just reading about them. I'm about a dozen rows into Ami's rectangle idea and loving the way this yarn feels in my hands.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #105
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so happy that people like this thread and can share patterns and what not about knitting and crocheting!! Its great..
Old 02-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #106
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:

Quick, simple and exactly what I wanted. Now I want to try it with sock yarn!

Ami - Thank you!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #107
Stitch

How Do You Identify?:
Sweetest Soft Butch you don't know yet
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Hy,
Relationship Status:
Solo Artist

Stitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST ReputationStitch Has the BEST Reputation

I knit.

I have made 1 blue and orange striped garter stitch scarf.
1 button tabbed hat
1 hat with ears and tassles
2 Knitted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
and I am working on a scarf for my Mom

Not the most butch hobby ever but fun.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #108
Goo

How Do You Identify?:
dapper and androgynous by nature, human by choice
Preferred Pronoun?:
i usually answer to anything
Relationship Status:
in a LDR since Oct 2010

Goo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST ReputationGoo Has the BEST Reputation

i knit and crochet.

knitted a hat and a scarf in rainbow colours, and as soon as I get my hands fixed I'll be continuing to knit a blanket I started a year and a half ago

The Artist formerly Known as CottonCandy
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 08:11 AM   #109
Xavi

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Partnered!

Xavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST ReputationXavi Has the BEST Reputation

I agree, knitting is super fun. I totally think its butchly though, because in my head I'm like: I made this! With sharp objects!

I don't know how that's butch, actually, but it makes sense to me.

So far, I am working on rectangles, and I am making a checkerboard patterned rectangle that's really bright.

Before this I was working on interpretative rectangles, which means that I was trying to make rectangles but they weren't coming out rectangular.

One day I hope to knit a circle. ;-)
Xavi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Xavi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #110
femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

I teach knitting at my school (apart from French and Latin!) and I have boys in the classes, they love it, also some male teachers have come for instruction, so I think knitting butches make total sense! Sharp objects indeed, I always caution the kids, and besides, one can always use one's Swiss Army knife to cut yarn, can't one?
Couple of years ago I had a very butch middle schooler in knitting, and she was very good so she got to the point she could make a tank top (regular project for the girls at this point) but knowing how she loved boys' clothing, I told her she could make a vest instead, and that I would get other colours for her (we seemed to have an abundance of pastel!)......and she said very loudly : Yesssssssss!!!!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #111
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Ok I am now into making these, They are fun to make! They are for baby photographers.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #112
swan

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

swan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputation

stringy lil bumparoo!

I'm a knitter n spinner. I'm not very good. But I have fun!
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 03:23 AM   #113
Botticelli64

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Botticelli64 is on a distinguished road
Default I love knitting (and a little bit of crochet)

Although I must admit I haven't done much this winter (I'm in the southern hemisphere, and baby it's cold outside). But I'm almost at the end of renovations and haven't been inspired due to the mess. I'm on Ravelry, but haven't been there much lately either.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:34 AM   #114
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

any of you folks into yarnbombing?!! I think it is the coolest movement evah and it just may provoke me to learn some stitchery....

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #115
swan

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

swan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputation

I've done a bit of yarn bombing, but have no pics handy... I'll try to remember to take some photos next time.
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 PM   #116
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

down time in between classes, watching t.v. or sitting in the chemo clinic are the best times for me to work with my hands. i found a great pattern for a 5&1/2 hour crocheted blanket and am *trying* to make as many as i can to give away as christmas presents. i also subscribe to lionbrandyarn.com and they send out free weekly patterns for all sorts of yarn derived crafting. i have also gotten back into beading and have made some pretty neat jewelry! i just love to create special things with my hands.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #117
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

hiya to the new people!

I am done knitting a sweater for a dear friend and now just have to put it together in the next few days

then I can go back to knitting socks!

I love looking for new yarn websites

there is a local yarn store owner that is doing yarn bombing locally

Old 07-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #118
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80112AD.html

Here is the link to the blanket I am currently making. It's super simple and easy to do while watching tv or chatting with someone.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #119
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

that is pretty!

I like to knit while on the phone!

Old 07-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #120
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

that damn sweater is done
the baby afghan is done
and the midnight blue socks (80% merino wool/20% silk) are done

I am now guilt free into my birthday yarn!!!!!!!
tomorrow I will start the second sock in a cream/with beautiful colors running though it (55% merino wool/30% silk/15% nylon)
it is heavenly and soft and girly

The Following User Says Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:

Tags
crocheting, hobbies, knitting