Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #1181
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

I wondered if anyone is interested in participating in this sketchbook project? Sounds like fun ... and kind of like what we already do, without the museum tour, of course! The signup deadline is Nov. 15th and the books have to be mailed in by Jan. 15th.

http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject
Old 10-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #1182
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,734 Times in 5,088 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Yes, I've already started mine. It's a "rain" theme. Are you doing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by purepisces View Post
I wondered if anyone is interested in participating in this sketchbook project? Sounds like fun ... and kind of like what we already do, without the museum tour, of course! The signup deadline is Nov. 15th and the books have to be mailed in by Jan. 15th.

nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #1183
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,768 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

It sounds very interesting! I'll think on it for a day or so. I see that one of the museum stops is in Austin, so that would be awesome to be able to see all of our work! I think I might miss not getting anything back though.

Ahhh. I just watched the video on it and it's very cool but I don't have the money to participate right now. So, not for me. I might still see the exhibit when it comes to Austin, though.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 10-30-2010 at 08:01 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #1184
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
I think I will ... I'm just trying to decide on the theme. I'm torn between "lines and grids" "figuring you out" and "below the surface" ... oh, who am I kidding, I have ideas for all of them except "jackets, blankets & sheets" and I have no idea what that's about!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #1185
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post

I'm doing it! Mine is ~ big surprise ~ "Happy Thoughts". This is VERY neat, as it's touring to Austin!!!! I'm way tickled about that!

YEA!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #1186
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I'm back from visiting my brother and sister-in-law for the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see nycfemmebbw's art project had arrived when I got home!

How is everyone doing on the project? I am still contemplating ideas, but hope to have time in the next few weekends to work on them. No more traveling for me until the new year (boo! but yay for r & r time!).

cara

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2010, 12:03 AM   #1187
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
I'm back from visiting my brother and sister-in-law for the weekend and was pleasantly surprised to see nycfemmebbw's art project had arrived when I got home!

How is everyone doing on the project? I am still contemplating ideas, but hope to have time in the next few weekends to work on them. No more traveling for me until the new year (boo! but yay for r & r time!).

cara
Organic and I haven't started yet. I have, however, found the spot I'm going to put them to dry during the various stages of painting. Baby steps, right?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #1188
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

i got an early start, but slowed as the weeks went by. I have 5 more to make, then they will be in the mail!
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #1189
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I am still trying to figure out what it is I want to send...
*scratches her head and wanders off to work on her math homework...
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #1190
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I started out doing mine on Austin but the more I've thought about it, it's going to come out looking a lot like my last project, since I have only explored a little bit, but I've seen LOTS of the Austinites.

Soooo....I'm going to have to make it work. I'll channel my inner Tim Gunn.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #1191
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have not started mine

I just learned there is a name for "borrowing" crafting ideas from others:

it is called Scraplifting

I hang my head in shame, for I am a scraplifter

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 05:55 PM   #1192
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
I have not started mine

I just learned there is a name for "borrowing" crafting ideas from others:

it is called Scraplifting

I hang my head in shame, for I am a scraplifter
I am a referential artist. That means that my inspiration often comes from the work that others have done. I don't plagiarize, as I give credit where credit is due, but I do get ideas from their work. I think the term scraplifting is kinda cute, but I can't imagine you being guilty of it.

In other news, everyone please think good, positive thoughts for me tomorrow afternoon. I have a job interview and it's been almost 3 months of unemployment, so I am very excited and hopeful about this interview.

*breathes*

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #1193
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I like looking at other people's ideas, but mostly when I'm being crafty, I like to 1) play with what I have (and I the challenge of using recycled materials), and 2) creating 8, 10, 15 or however many of similar but different projects. I'm the same way when creating cards. It drives my mom crazy because she likes me to make 2 of everything so she can reference them. I usually can't stand to make the same thing more than once! lol.

~Wade Davis
Old 11-04-2010, 07:57 PM   #1194
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

Default Project Reminder!

Projects should be postmarked and sent to me no later than Monday, November 22nd. (That's only 18 days away, folks!) If you have not already done so, please PM your mailing address to me even if you think I already have it. I will PM my mailing address back to you. (Only a handful of the 14 have done this yet...)
Here are the project "rules" again:

Simple Postcard Swap

In this project, we will be sending postcards about or from the cities in which we live. An acceptable alternative can be a city or cities which we have visited or want to visit. The postcards can be handmade or store bought, and should be a standard size (4x6...no larger than 5x7, please). In the blank space on the back of each card, please write a story, poem, or letter about the place pictured on the front of the card. Be creative! It's okay to "doctor up" store bought cards using any type of material that can be sent through the mail. You will need to send one postcard for every participant in the project. Remember to sign your name somewhere on the postcard so we know who it's from. Please do not worry about including money for postage this round. This is because I am horrible about remembering to include my check and no doubt owe some of you!

~Wade Davis
Old 11-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #1195
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I am a referential artist. That means that my inspiration often comes from the work that others have done. I don't plagiarize, as I give credit where credit is due, but I do get ideas from their work. I think the term scraplifting is kinda cute, but I can't imagine you being guilty of it.

In other news, everyone please think good, positive thoughts for me tomorrow afternoon. I have a job interview and it's been almost 3 months of unemployment, so I am very excited and hopeful about this interview.

*breathes*
**________*______________*__*
*______*_____** _____****
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #1196
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Projects should be postmarked and sent to me no later than Monday, November 22nd. (That's only 18 days away, folks!) If you have not already done so, please PM your mailing address to me even if you think I already have it. I will PM my mailing address back to you. (Only a handful of the 14 have done this yet...)
Here are the project "rules" again:

Simple Postcard Swap

In this project, we will be sending postcards about or from the cities in which we live. An acceptable alternative can be a city or cities which we have visited or want to visit. The postcards can be handmade or store bought, and should be a standard size (4x6...no larger than 5x7, please). In the blank space on the back of each card, please write a story, poem, or letter about the place pictured on the front of the card. Be creative! It's okay to "doctor up" store bought cards using any type of material that can be sent through the mail. You will need to send one postcard for every participant in the project. Remember to sign your name somewhere on the postcard so we know who it's from. Please do not worry about including money for postage this round. This is because I am horrible about remembering to include my check and no doubt owe some of you!

I'll be working on it this weekend cara. I have your addy***
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #1197
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,179 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I showed Gemmie my coffee stained beginnings.....

You KNOW I'm not gonna be able to do much of anything on mine until after the Pre~Thanksgiving Gathering (13th)......so mine will be comin' in under the wire.

In other words......like normal. <eyebat:

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #1198
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I showed Gemmie my coffee stained beginnings.....

You KNOW I'm not gonna be able to do much of anything on mine until after the Pre~Thanksgiving Gathering (13th)......so mine will be comin' in under the wire.

In other words......like normal. <eyebat:

I TOLD you that you could use the stains to your benefit. There are some that could actually turn out kinda nice, like Henna tattooing.

I haz vision!

In other news, Organic has been judging my potential interview clothes. He's said things such as "it shows too much skin" for a scoop neck sweater and "that's nice; I like that" to pants that were clearly too form fitting. Methinks he's looking at my like a boyfriend. While that doesn't help with the choosing of the clothes, it kinda makes me schmoopy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #1199
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I TOLD you that you could use the stains to your benefit. There are some that could actually turn out kinda nice, like Henna tattooing.

I haz vision!

In other news, Organic has been judging my potential interview clothes. He's said things such as "it shows too much skin" for a scoop neck sweater and "that's nice; I like that" to pants that were clearly too form fitting. Methinks he's looking at my like a boyfriend. While that doesn't help with the choosing of the clothes, it kinda makes me schmoopy.
Shnoopy huh***. Clothes on. Clothes Off. I get it*
Hmmmm, is OB checking out the interviewee in other ways, such as practicing KSA's, position apptitude, and oral intercourse?

KSA's , Position, *WEG*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #1200
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Interview went well. I wore the scoop neck sweater. Ann Taylor can't be beat.

Thread related: I'm starting my project tomorrow!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types