Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,540 Times in 10,209 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2022, 06:31 AM   #14902
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

I had to cancel My camping trip which should have started yesterday. My sister and I just have too much going on this week to make it happen. Thankfully I was able to get a partial refund.

We talked the other day and decided to see what we could put together for September - possibly coinciding with My birthday.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2022, 08:42 PM   #14903
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,470 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default What is on your Mind?

Waiting for my concert on Sept 10, got my tickets printed out and paid for and room rented. I can hardly wait. My brother and I are going together.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2022, 04:13 PM   #14904
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

The weekend of My birthday and what will hopefully take place around that time.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2022, 08:16 AM   #14905
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe you didn't ask for this chapter of your story, the one that feels like a winding road with no end in sight. Yet. Here you are, with fortitude. Showing up for e very turn in the path.

Like a river curving and carving along the edges of the bank. You are a force to be reckoned with. Here to become who you really always meant to be.

Old 11-02-2022, 04:03 AM   #14906
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

That I deserve to be loved with as much commitment, passion, focus, and intensity that I love. Its one of the things that has been on my mind a lot lately. I have been loved and treated very well but I haven’t experienced that kind of love. I thought I did once but it didn’t last. I have been single for a long time and probably will remain so but if I were ever to be in a relationship again I know what I need and deserve. I also know that kind of love takes time and continues to expand and deepen over time. It’s not instant.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #14907
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,470 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default On your mind.

Back on the date search. Last one did not work out at all. Life is like that eh.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2022, 08:50 PM   #14908
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2022, 08:10 AM   #14909
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Old 11-24-2022, 09:12 AM   #14910
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default An MD visit recently....

Very happy to finally know a diagnosis......very saddened to hear prognosis

Just thinking about options, mulling Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville...my wife...
Old 12-14-2022, 08:22 AM   #14911
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

This, this, and this but mostly getting my knee joint replaced. I have an appointment with the surgeon in a couple weeks. I passed the stress test, though I may still need another cardio approval, and I think all my ducks (insurance, co-pay, after-surgery care, etc) in a row. Am looking forward to being on the other side of this.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 11:23 AM   #14912
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Calculating the precise amounts of Benadryl, dextromethorphan, guaifenisin, codeine and Jim Beam that will keep me from coughing and dry out my lungs without making me hallucinate. This is an everchanging calculation that shifts throughout the day and night depending on how I feel.

Why don't I just follow the instructions? Nah, that never works.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 12:42 PM   #14913
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Will you-know-who and all his co-conspirators get the comeuppance they fully deserve, and will it include wearing prison garb??? Will DOJ actually carry out justice on behalf of The People??

<<<<<<~~~ fingers crossed. x4cazillionwishescometrue

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 06:54 PM   #14914
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thoughts on suicide and mental illness, another coming out story

I hope this is not out of place in this thread.

Content note: discussion of suicide and mental illness. Protect your well-being as needed.

This is really long, but it's important, so please read it if you are able.

So I found out that a performer I've really loved, Stephen “tWitch” Boss, died by suicide this morning. It really hit me hard for a couple of different reasons. First, his joy was infectious. Watching anything he did just made me smile every single time. He was brilliant, talented, and seemed so kind. His death is a loss for a lot of people. (Yes, depressed people can both have infectious joy and still have depression. Depression is an illness, not just a feeling.)

The second reason it hit home is how he died. I have struggled with suicidal ideation since I was a child. I don't usually talk about this because there is so much stigma about mental illness, but I live my life out loud about pretty much everything else, so it's time to talk about this, too.

There are a few different reasons I'm still here. The first is that I have an amazing community of love and support. I've had friends who have shown up for me in a myriad of ways. You may not even know that you've done something that has helped me in any way, but chances are you have. Friends and a great spouse aren't enough, though. They can listen, but they aren't qualified to make a treatment plan or help me adhere to it.

The other reason I'm still here is because I am privileged enough to have access to excellent mental health care. I have a therapist who works with me every week. I see a psychiatric nurse who helps me with medication, and I'm working with a naturopath to make sure I'm looking at all possible causes and treatments. Depression is not just a made-up thing that can be fixed by doing a yoga, eating more kale, or walking in a forest. All of those are great and important in a balanced life, but they are not enough. We wouldn't tell a type 1 diabetic to think themselves into producing insulin. Likewise, people with clinical depression can't think ourselves into healing the imbalances in our bodies. We need help. There are many avenues to getting that help, and this is not a statement on the validity of any of them. I just know what has helped me so far.

There is no shame in asking for that help. No shame in needing it in the first place. The real shame is that not everyone has financial access to the kind of care I have, and even for some people who need it and can afford it, they don't know that they can ask for it. The thing about depression is that it's a big fucking liar. It can convince the depressed person of all kinds of things that aren't true, like we're worthless, or a burden, or nobody will miss us. Those voices can be way louder than any of our loved ones telling us anything else, and sometimes those voices win and the rest of the world bears that loss.

I guess all of this is to say, if your brain is telling you lies about how you don't matter, and you shouldn't be here, reach out to me. Let's find a way to get you some care. You matter. So do I.

Also, here's an article from NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) that can give some insight into this issue. If you've got it to spare, throw them a donation. They do important work. https://nami.org/Blogs/NAMI-Blog/Dec...cidal-Ideation
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 10:35 PM   #14915
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina03 View Post
I hope this is not out of place in this thread.

Content note: discussion of suicide and mental illness. Protect your well-being as needed.

This is really long, but it's important, so please read it if you are able.

So I found out that a performer I've really loved, Stephen “tWitch” Boss, died by suicide this morning. It really hit me hard for a couple of different reasons. First, his joy was infectious. Watching anything he did just made me smile every single time. He was brilliant, talented, and seemed so kind. His death is a loss for a lot of people. (Yes, depressed people can both have infectious joy and still have depression. Depression is an illness, not just a feeling.)

The second reason it hit home is how he died. I have struggled with suicidal ideation since I was a child. I don't usually talk about this because there is so much stigma about mental illness, but I live my life out loud about pretty much everything else, so it's time to talk about this, too.

There are a few different reasons I'm still here. The first is that I have an amazing community of love and support. I've had friends who have shown up for me in a myriad of ways. You may not even know that you've done something that has helped me in any way, but chances are you have. Friends and a great spouse aren't enough, though. They can listen, but they aren't qualified to make a treatment plan or help me adhere to it.

The other reason I'm still here is because I am privileged enough to have access to excellent mental health care. I have a therapist who works with me every week. I see a psychiatric nurse who helps me with medication, and I'm working with a naturopath to make sure I'm looking at all possible causes and treatments. Depression is not just a made-up thing that can be fixed by doing a yoga, eating more kale, or walking in a forest. All of those are great and important in a balanced life, but they are not enough. We wouldn't tell a type 1 diabetic to think themselves into producing insulin. Likewise, people with clinical depression can't think ourselves into healing the imbalances in our bodies. We need help. There are many avenues to getting that help, and this is not a statement on the validity of any of them. I just know what has helped me so far.

There is no shame in asking for that help. No shame in needing it in the first place. The real shame is that not everyone has financial access to the kind of care I have, and even for some people who need it and can afford it, they don't know that they can ask for it. The thing about depression is that it's a big fucking liar. It can convince the depressed person of all kinds of things that aren't true, like we're worthless, or a burden, or nobody will miss us. Those voices can be way louder than any of our loved ones telling us anything else, and sometimes those voices win and the rest of the world bears that loss.

I guess all of this is to say, if your brain is telling you lies about how you don't matter, and you shouldn't be here, reach out to me. Let's find a way to get you some care. You matter. So do I.

Also, here's an article from NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) that can give some insight into this issue. If you've got it to spare, throw them a donation. They do important work. https://nami.org/Blogs/NAMI-Blog/Dec...cidal-Ideation
I felt the same way when I found out about tWitch.

Excellent article.

As for myself, my thoughts are a wee bit too jumbled to untangle tonight but the ole noggin is just a'hummin' away.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 03:45 PM   #14916
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

It's the 18th of December and I have not watched one single, solitary Christmas movie yet this year. At some point, I will make time for the following:
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Auntie Mame
although I may take until New Year's to do so. No, what I'm talking about is a good old-fashioned Hallmark Channel movie. A rom com. Something that gives me all the good feels about Christmas.

Any suggestions?

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 06:14 PM   #14917
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,500 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Celebrating Christmas. Not wanting to do it. Thinking about how to bow out gracefully. Fantasizing about faking illness, pretend coming down with some nonexistent croup but knowing I won't. Bah! Humbug!
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 06:40 PM   #14918
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
It's the 18th of December and I have not watched one single, solitary Christmas movie yet this year. At some point, I will make time for the following:
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Auntie Mame
although I may take until New Year's to do so. No, what I'm talking about is a good old-fashioned Hallmark Channel movie. A rom com. Something that gives me all the good feels about Christmas.

Any suggestions?
Auntie Mame is my FAVORITE!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 08:52 AM   #14919
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • Auntie Mame

Any suggestions?
Here are some you may like, though not all will be found on the Hallmark Channel:
  • The Preacher's Wife with Denzel and Whitney and it's a remake of...
  • The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant and Loretta Young
  • The Perfect Holiday with Morris Chestnut and Gabby Union
  • While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock and some great character actors
  • The Apartment with Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine
  • The Shop Around the Corner with Jimmy Stuart and Margaret Sullavan
  • Holiday Rush with Romany Malco and Sonequa Martin-Green

On my mind:
Christmas falls on a Sunday this year and churches will be packed, COVID or not
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 04:04 PM   #14920
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Here are some you may like, though not all will be found on the Hallmark Channel:
  • The Preacher's Wife with Denzel and Whitney and it's a remake of...
  • The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant and Loretta Young
  • The Perfect Holiday with Morris Chestnut and Gabby Union
  • While You Were Sleeping with Sandra Bullock and some great character actors
  • The Apartment with Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine
  • The Shop Around the Corner with Jimmy Stuart and Margaret Sullavan
  • Holiday Rush with Romany Malco and Sonequa Martin-Green
Thanks Orema, Holiday Rush was the ticket! And it was conveniently on Netflix. I'm feeling more Christmasy already! It was a really cute movie, and Sonequa Martin-Green did not disappoint!

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: