Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 03-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #41
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
So, does anyone else think that the Muslim investigative panels going on in the US Congress are "witch-hunt" material?
Joe McCarthy sound familiar? Lee Atwater?

It would be nice if they would actually take a hard look at homegrown USA terrorist who are not Muslim.....
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #42
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Joe McCarthy sound familiar? Lee Atwater?

It would be nice if they would actually take a hard look at homegrown USA terrorist who are not Muslim.....
I agree- Tim McVey comes to mind. And the fact that many Muslim people here have been key in alerting authorities to possible problems, including some that involves their own relatives.

Then there is King's own past backing the IRA!!! Gee, ya' think he might have a thing about skin color?
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #43
swan

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
single

swan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputationswan Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to bump this thread and add a link to an opinion piece (lol, originally typoed it as peace, which is funny/ironic) from the Huff Post. Normally I avoid posting links from them because the comments get so nasty so quick. But the piece is pretty rational and make some good points. I like how he touches on a lot of the reasons that moderate, rational Muslims have given up on dialogues about their faith.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kamran..._b_878858.html

I don't think I've seen any of his movies, but I used to read his blog when he was updating it regularly and I've read the novel they talk about. He's usually sane about religion.
swan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #44
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan View Post
I wanted to bump this thread and add a link to an opinion piece (lol, originally typoed it as peace, which is funny/ironic) from the Huff Post. Normally I avoid posting links from them because the comments get so nasty so quick. But the piece is pretty rational and make some good points. I like how he touches on a lot of the reasons that moderate, rational Muslims have given up on dialogues about their faith.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kamran..._b_878858.html

I don't think I've seen any of his movies, but I used to read his blog when he was updating it regularly and I've read the novel they talk about. He's usually sane about religion.
This is interesting.

Something that I have been thinking about too is what Christiane Amanpour spoke of while interviewed by Piers Morgan brought about what is going on in Muslim countries today in which the Muslim moderates are rebelling against tyrannical leaders in droves. She says we need to listen intently to them because we have been asking why they are not standing up for a long time- and now they are!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote