Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Vibrations Thread

I had no idea what to call this thread so there it is but I wanted to create a safe place for spiritually minded people to talk about things like meditation, clearing negative energy and entities, vibrations and how to raise them, opening up your third eye etc...So if you believe that we are spiritual beings having a human experience then this is the place for you.

Now when I charge my chakras at night I do a meditation by relaxing my body parts counting down from 10 for each one to make sure they are completely relaxed. I go from my feet, to my calves and knees then up to my thighs etc... I have the hardest time with my face, my eye brow area is very tense. Once that's done I visualize my chakras and charge them 1 by 1. I find that this keeps me very grounded and helps me deal with negative energy and negative people better.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Fabulous thread. I'm braindead right now but I wanted to bookmark this. I'll be back.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

subscribing. I will be back when I have a bit more time.

Great Idea Ebon.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #4
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I'm excited for this thread. I do mostly guided meditations, though I can't go as deep as I did when I wasn't on my adhd meds.

I really enjoy Ariel's meditations - some are more specifically pagan than others.

I also like the meditations found in his witch's primer:

This one is really fabulous to me (and chakra related) http://traffic.libsyn.com/witchcraft/Rainbow_Power.mp3

I think he asks you to do the grounding and centering and orb of power meditations before doing it. I will generally do these on my own (instead of listening) and then listen to the rainbow meditation.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for starting this thread Ebon. I am not the best at meditation. I do try. I like to connect with "The Thing Itself" in the early morning hours. When it is still dark and quiet. I can hear, feel and see the present and presence much more clearly.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
Artdecogoddess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She - but read me however!
Relationship Status:
Blissfull!

Artdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST ReputationArtdecogoddess Has the BEST Reputation

Subscribing so I can listen, read and learn.

General question ....

Is it possible to be too in the moment? Is that the same as being present?
Also - if this is not the right space for asking these questions-my apologies in advance.

xo
ADG
Artdecogoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Thanks for starting this thread Ebon. I am not the best at meditation. I do try. I like to connect with "The Thing Itself" in the early morning hours. When it is still dark and quiet. I can hear, feel and see the present and presence much more clearly.
I'm not either my mind goes every which way. I think the intention to connect with "The Thing Itself" is very helpful even if it's just for a couple minutes. I know when I first started meditated I could only stay clear my thoughts for a couple of minutes at a time.

I'm a Soul Rebel

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #8
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artdecogoddess View Post
Subscribing so I can listen, read and learn.

General question ....

Is it possible to be too in the moment? Is that the same as being present?
Also - if this is not the right space for asking these questions-my apologies in advance.

xo
ADG
Actually this is the perfect place. I don't think so. When I think of being in the moment and being present, to me they are one in the same. So basically you are here not thinking about the past or the future, not thinking about the outcome, everything just is. You are in the present, no worries no fears, even if you do have a worry or a fear you are present you feel it, listen to it and let it pass but don't let it trigger thoughts of the past or future. It's extremely hard for me to do this. My mind goes 100 miles per hour.

Now if you mean being too deep in meditation again I don't think this is bad thing as long as you know how to get back and ground yourself.

I'm a Soul Rebel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #9
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

I dance to music and let it take me where it wants……I’ll go for a walk, paying attention to my rhythm of walking……I’ll concentrate on my breathing during Yoga……I’ll sit and watch the clouds float past……I’ll listen to gentle music and concentrate on the piece……My best meditation is to hand embroider, paying particular attention to how each stitched is formed.

I can’t just sit or lay down and clear my mind as I fall asleep – not a bad thing in itself, lol!

My meditation at the moment is Tai Chi, concentrating on my movements and placement of my crutches – It’s my “Go to” meditation when my Spina Bifida goes into spasm. It helps with the pain and stiffness of movement.

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #10
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
I dance to music and let it take me where it wants……I’ll go for a walk, paying attention to my rhythm of walking……I’ll concentrate on my breathing during Yoga……I’ll sit and watch the clouds float past……I’ll listen to gentle music and concentrate on the piece……My best meditation is to hand embroider, paying particular attention to how each stitched is formed.

I can’t just sit or lay down and clear my mind as I fall asleep – not a bad thing in itself, lol!

My meditation at the moment is Tai Chi, concentrating on my movements and placement of my crutches – It’s my “Go to” meditation when my Spina Bifida goes into spasm. It helps with the pain and stiffness of movement.
I love listening to gentle music. My favorite band that does "soulful" music is Zero 7. I love every part of it, from the bass to the drums to electronic sounds. It all comes together so nicely and just grabs me.

I'm a Soul Rebel

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

A cool video about meditation.

I'm a Soul Rebel

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #12
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

1QuirkyKiwi, I did not know you had Spina Bifida. I have never had a patient with this. So, please be gentle on me due to my ignorance. Tai Chi works, in part, with the meridians. Do you find that moving the energy up and through your body (and crutches) is what soothes your spasms? Is it the concentrated movement that eases you?? I really like Tai Chi, but I don't have an ongoing practice.

Yoga is for me a place of great inspiration. I get some of my best ideas for circles or rituals or articles I write, during yoga. I don't resist carrying a pen and booklet with me anymore to my classes.

I have a brain injury from a stroke and it changed me sssssoooo much and what I could do pre and what I can do post are quite different. Like lots different. It helps me to understand our human body when given the opportunity to discuss with others their bodies changes and/or limitations.

Like Einstein said "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious". And this fox is never ending curious.

Muriel Strode
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #13
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
I love listening to gentle music. My favorite band that does "soulful" music is Zero 7. I love every part of it, from the bass to the drums to electronic sounds. It all comes together so nicely and just grabs me.

Thank you for that! I love drum beats, especially tribal drums, Piano and string compostions. My cousin has (had, I aquired them, lol!) several Reiki CDs he uses when practising that I feel are so soothing. I use these when no other music will calm and sooth me.

For me, it's about finding my inner balance with my feeings and energy - music and movement are my two main "tools" as meditation aids.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
1QuirkyKiwi, I did not know you had Spina Bifida. I have never had a patient with this. So, please be gentle on me due to my ignorance. Tai Chi works, in part, with the meridians. Do you find that moving the energy up and through your body (and crutches) is what soothes your spasms? Is it the concentrated movement that eases you?? I really like Tai Chi, but I don't have an ongoing practice.

Yoga is for me a place of great inspiration. I get some of my best ideas for circles or rituals or articles I write, during yoga. I don't resist carrying a pen and booklet with me anymore to my classes.

I have a brain injury from a stroke and it changed me sssssoooo much and what I could do pre and what I can do post are quite different. Like lots different. It helps me to understand our human body when given the opportunity to discuss with others their bodies changes and/or limitations.

Like Einstein said "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious". And this fox is never ending curious.
Foxy, no worries about your “ignorance”, you haven’t shown any, lol! I’ve had to make this post a lot more concise that what I’d originally written, lol!

I have mentioned my Spina Bifida a couples of times in passing in posts – it’s not something I talk about; not because I’m ashamed of having it, I’m not! As you are aware there is a certain “stigma” attached to it, sadly. I have a complicated form of Spina Bifida Occulta.

My Tai Chi practice is a slower and more deliberate movement to help keep my Spine (and the rest of me) gently moving without over stressing my body – I’m much slower at doing things when my back is in spasm, and with some movement being very restricted until the spasm ceases. I use my Qi energy to infuse a positive energy and suppleness into my Spine and my abdominal organs, for better digestion and some pain relief, etc.

I’ve had to adapt my Tai Chi practice to allow for my use of crutches and my leg paralysis and tremours, as some of the Qatar are not possible with them – this has lead me to using “props”. My crutches can (and do) get in the way, but, are just to hold me up, so I don’t collapse into a heap on the floor, lol! I’m neither elegant nor graceful on my decent! LOL!

Iyengar Yoga is my main stretching exercise when I’m not in spasm – it’s excellent for Spina Bifida suffers and does help with pain relief to a point. It helps to keep my Spine in alignment and gently stretch and exercise my muscles and joints.

Throughout the day, I’ll use some Tai Chi Qatar to help ease pain with the gently movements – the same with some Yoga Asana when not in spasm.

Can I ask; was your recovery faster with Yoga nd Tai Chi? I understand if you would prefer to PM instead of answering here more publicly.

Einstein was right! This Kiwi is forever getting her beak into curiosity, lol!

Old 10-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #15
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Foxy, no worries about your “ignorance”, you haven’t shown any, lol! I’ve had to make this post a lot more concise that what I’d originally written, lol!

I have mentioned my Spina Bifida a couples of times in passing in posts – it’s not something I talk about; not because I’m ashamed of having it, I’m not! As you are aware there is a certain “stigma” attached to it, sadly. I have a complicated form of Spina Bifida Occulta.

My Tai Chi practice is a slower and more deliberate movement to help keep my Spine (and the rest of me) gently moving without over stressing my body – I’m much slower at doing things when my back is in spasm, and with some movement being very restricted until the spasm ceases. I use my Qi energy to infuse a positive energy and suppleness into my Spine and my abdominal organs, for better digestion and some pain relief, etc.

I’ve had to adapt my Tai Chi practice to allow for my use of crutches and my leg paralysis and tremours, as some of the Qatar are not possible with them – this has lead me to using “props”. My crutches can (and do) get in the way, but, are just to hold me up, so I don’t collapse into a heap on the floor, lol! I’m neither elegant nor graceful on my decent! LOL!

Iyengar Yoga is my main stretching exercise when I’m not in spasm – it’s excellent for Spina Bifida suffers and does help with pain relief to a point. It helps to keep my Spine in alignment and gently stretch and exercise my muscles and joints.

Throughout the day, I’ll use some Tai Chi Qatar to help ease pain with the gently movements – the same with some Yoga Asana when not in spasm.

Can I ask; was your recovery faster with Yoga nd Tai Chi? I understand if you would prefer to PM instead of answering here more publicly.

Einstein was right! This Kiwi is forever getting her beak into curiosity, lol!
100x thank you for responding. I was not sure if I had overstepped my bounds. And I will answer you in the forum instead of PM because I think it is valuable to talk about openly and honestly.

I did not use either to heal myself. I was a very young woman with an 11 month old and a new born. I had to fight just to see a physical therapist. It was not until 15 years ago I found yoga and only 10 years ago I found Tai Chi. The biggest help for me was journey work, using the drums/rattles/didj to retrain my brain. I did specific journeys to 'visualize' both sides of my brain working together and to retrace what had been burnt out. I have made great progress, but I have been very discouraged in the last six to eight months. I am finding that my brain is back tracking somewhat and I don't know what to do. The medical profession has been fairly unhelpful. It has alarmed me, but not made me give up. If you just saw me you would never know I had a stroke. If you spoke to me briefly you would never know. If you meet me on a bad day, when I cannot get the thoughts out of my head and onto my tongue... you would wonder what the hell was wrong with me.

Iyengar yoga would be great for you, providing you are not in spasms. That I can fully understand. Yin practice is underrated. I find the meditative quality of yoga along with the breath to be one of the best places for me to go inside and be quiet. And to be present. Yoga/breath has given me the tools necessary for me to be present. I love that.

I have a hard time with sitting still meditation, but for different reasons than you. I have journeyed for so many years that I find the quietness to be opposite of what shamanic practice is. However, I have also found a high percentage of shamanic practitioners to also be bhuddist practioners. A point I have always found interesting.

Thank you again for being kind to me and my ignorance. You made me smile.

Muriel Strode
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #16
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
100x thank you for responding. I was not sure if I had overstepped my bounds. And I will answer you in the forum instead of PM because I think it is valuable to talk about openly and honestly.

I did not use either to heal myself. I was a very young woman with an 11 month old and a new born. I had to fight just to see a physical therapist. It was not until 15 years ago I found yoga and only 10 years ago I found Tai Chi. The biggest help for me was journey work, using the drums/rattles/didj to retrain my brain. I did specific journeys to 'visualize' both sides of my brain working together and to retrace what had been burnt out. I have made great progress, but I have been very discouraged in the last six to eight months. I am finding that my brain is back tracking somewhat and I don't know what to do. The medical profession has been fairly unhelpful. It has alarmed me, but not made me give up. If you just saw me you would never know I had a stroke. If you spoke to me briefly you would never know. If you meet me on a bad day, when I cannot get the thoughts out of my head and onto my tongue... you would wonder what the hell was wrong with me.

Iyengar yoga would be great for you, providing you are not in spasms. That I can fully understand. Yin practice is underrated. I find the meditative quality of yoga along with the breath to be one of the best places for me to go inside and be quiet. And to be present. Yoga/breath has given me the tools necessary for me to be present. I love that.

I have a hard time with sitting still meditation, but for different reasons than you. I have journeyed for so many years that I find the quietness to be opposite of what shamanic practice is. However, I have also found a high percentage of shamanic practitioners to also be bhuddist practioners. A point I have always found interesting.

Thank you again for being kind to me and my ignorance. You made me smile.
You’re welcome! I couldn’t respond straight away as sitting for too long to use the laptop is painful – and my typing laying down is just completely pants! LOL!

Thank you for sharing openly about your experiences, it’s good to read and learn about another’s journey.

When I’m walking, I have a slight drag in my gait and a slightly raised hip – other than that there is no other obvious signs, unless I’m naked, lol! *Winks*

On occasion I do practice Yin Yoga, but, I have to be careful not to over do it, lol! I prefer the Asanas of Iyengar Yoga as some focus more on my Spine and Pelvic area and are deeper for Spinal relaxation – it’s a personal preference. People are amazed I can do the splits! Just don’t ask me to get up too quickly afterwards! LOL!

The Maori encourage an hour of sitting or walking quietly each day as a meditative practice – each tribe has a different approach. I just get so relaxed when sitting quietly to meditate that I fall asleep, lol!

Part of my movement meditations is down to me feeling a little ‘trapped’ by my physical limitations of some movements. I'm very aware of my 'feminine energy' below the waist and use my intuition a lot. Therefore, I feel my body (especially from the waist down), soul and mind needs to be active to prevent a stagnation of energy, among other things.

I was raised to be as independent as I can possibly be – I’m by no means competitive by nature, only that I refuse to be disabled when others have far more severe disabilities than myself and go on to lead fully active and independent lives.

Thank you, again for sharing your experiences.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I am so delighted to see this thread start! I do alot of work with vibrations on a constant basis. I walk thru this world, feeling vibrations, almost like a bat does. I make no suggestion of this to the people around me,because frankly they would think my meds were off, lol. But I have done this since I was young.

I meditate using sound. Music can distract me. I just did one of the meditations offered here and enjoyed it. Very cleansing and awakening!

Thanks for the thread, Ebon!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #18
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
You’re welcome! I couldn’t respond straight away as sitting for too long to use the laptop is painful – and my typing laying down is just completely pants! LOL!

Thank you for sharing openly about your experiences, it’s good to read and learn about another’s journey.

You are most welcome. And thank you for being gentle with me.

On occasion I do practice Yin Yoga, but, I have to be careful not to over do it, lol! I prefer the Asanas of Iyengar Yoga as some focus more on my Spine and Pelvic area and are deeper for Spinal relaxation – it’s a personal preference. People are amazed I can do the splits! Just don’t ask me to get up too quickly afterwards! LOL!

Brain fart... I got yin and Iyengar mixed up. Thank you for gently correcting me. (even if you weren't aware I was mistaken).

The Maori encourage an hour of sitting or walking quietly each day as a meditative practice – each tribe has a different approach. I just get so relaxed when sitting quietly to meditate that I fall asleep, lol!

Get that...totally. I like walking meditation. I also like to use my rattle when walking. I know this will sound..well however it sounds... but if I walk in the river valley (a block from my house) I use my rattle as a means of focus and meditation, and it keeps the "unwanteds" away from me. Cause when you walk carrying a rattle or singing (out loud) in a language that is not English, people tend to stay away from you. I believe I am then categorized as one of the "unwanteds". Makes me

Part of my movement meditations is down to me feeling a little ‘trapped’ by my physical limitations of some movements. I'm very aware of my 'feminine energy' below the waist and use my intuition a lot. Therefore, I feel my body (especially from the waist down), soul and mind needs to be active to prevent a stagnation of energy, among other things.

I was raised to be as independent as I can possibly be – I’m by no means competitive by nature, only that I refuse to be disabled when others have far more severe disabilities than myself and go on to lead fully active and independent lives.

Thank you, again for sharing your experiences.

Thanks for listening!!

I am delighted to have an open mind and ear to share with.

Muriel Strode
Old 10-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #19
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
I am so delighted to see this thread start! I do alot of work with vibrations on a constant basis. I walk thru this world, feeling vibrations, almost like a bat does. I make no suggestion of this to the people around me,because frankly they would think my meds were off, lol. But I have done this since I was young.

I meditate using sound. Music can distract me. I just did one of the meditations offered here and enjoyed it. Very cleansing and awakening!

Thanks for the thread, Ebon!
That's exactly why I started it. So we can talk about these things and not have anyone make you feel like you are crazy. Like minded folks! Thanks for joining us.

I'm a Soul Rebel

Old 10-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #20
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Default Earth Groaning

So people around the world have been hearing this sound all around them, this one and the one that sounds like a train but I can't really hear that one in the videos. I believe it's momma e's plates shifting before an earthquake. I kind of like it though. Sounds like a whale too. This video is from Denmark.

I'm a Soul Rebel

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post: