Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
Stronghealer

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST Reputation
Post Musicians,Composers,etc...

I thought I would start a thread to inspire me to practice and create.Recently,I have decided to go MAC and buy LOGIC to help my musical mind create! I also play guitar,bass clarinet and sing(although testosterone has changed my singing voice)...What's going on in your musical mind?
Stronghealer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stronghealer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Stronghealer

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST ReputationStronghealer Has the BEST Reputation
Talking no musical peeps?

BUMP!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stronghealer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Big fan of Johnny Mercer and Harry Warren here.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/His/Sir :)
Relationship Status:
My heart does not give of itself easily

TCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghealer View Post
I thought I would start a thread to inspire me to practice and create.Recently,I have decided to go MAC and buy LOGIC to help my musical mind create! I also play guitar,bass clarinet and sing(although testosterone has changed my singing voice)...What's going on in your musical mind?
Nice thread SH. I'm a vocalist myself. I'm curious, has T changed your voice in a positive or negative way?
TCB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TCB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2010, 01:19 AM   #5
Stronghealer

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB View Post
Nice thread SH. I'm a vocalist myself. I'm curious, has T changed your voice in a positive or negative way?

TCB!!Nice to see another vocalist!Testosterone has changed my singing voice...my goal is to take some voice lessons.In some ways I miss my old voice,although it was quite feminine...My mom used to say "How does that sweet voice come out of you?"

How about you?What kind of music to you like to sing?Do you write your own material?
Old 01-25-2010, 01:31 AM   #6
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

TCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST ReputationTCB Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
TCB!!Nice to see another vocalist!Testosterone has changed my singing voice...my goal is to take some voice lessons.In some ways I miss my old voice,although it was quite feminine...My mom used to say "How does that sweet voice come out of you?"

How about you?What kind of music to you like to sing?Do you write your own material?

Testosterone has surely changed my voice. Primarily in positive ways. It's taken much adjustment but I've been managing and working with it. I will say I'm happier with it.
I was fortunate to not have a high talking voice, but I sang a very nice falsetto before T. My falsetto is still great, but in a different way lol.
The music I sing is all over the map. My biggest influence is Elvis Presley.
I sing a lot of ballads, adult contemporary, Pop, Pop/rock.
I actually just finished writing and recording my first original track with a producer. Still waiting on the final touches with it before I move on to the next couple tracks that I'm ready to lay down. I'm truly excited.
My next goal is to start taking one on one lessons for Piano.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
Stronghealer

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Default Logic for Composing

anyone have any experience with this program?
ever used garage band?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
TCB

How Do You Identify?:
Male (FTM)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
anyone have any experience with this program?
ever used garage band?

I use GarageBand. Surely there's a lot I don't know, but I've been getting around pretty well on my own with it.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Gershwin Bros.
Harry Warren
Johnny Mercer

my favorites
Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Harry James
Charlie Barnet
Roy Eldridge
Sonny Stitt
Michael Franks
Kenny Rankin

favorite musicians
Old 05-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #11
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Wow, I want to read this all. I am most diffidently going to be coming back and reading everything that is posted, but I am so tired tonight.

I am most certainly a musician, a vocalist and lyricist. I played clarinet years ago, and would love to pick it back up but have to find an instrument at a price I can afford. I also play the piano, well enough, but am by no means a great pianist, I taught myself. This year I bought myself a used guitar and am desperately trying to figure out how to make sounds that don't hurt my ears...

I would have to say my biggest influence is jazz. All though my current work comes out somewhere along the jazz/pop fusion stuff... with a little alternative thrown in for good measure. I love to sing jazz and gospel and spent years as a child teaching myself to "sing black". The voices of strong black women fascinated me and I wanted to sound like that.

I have always been at the wrong place at the wrong time to be able to work on any of my music at a professional or even semi professional lever; however, I am returning to school this next year to get my teaching certificate and plan on majoring in Special Education and minoring in Music. Hopefully that will bring more opportunity.