Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 01-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile For those who self-injurer

This thread is for those who self injure by breaking bones, cutting, skin picking, burning, and so on.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
HeartBreak Kid

How Do You Identify?:
self
Preferred Pronoun?:
User formally Known as Tygerlily

HeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud ofHeartBreak Kid has much to be proud of

Thanx for starting this thread Andrew....Although not usually a very Busy thread, I think it is always a Vital one to have. The wonderful thing about BFP is its diverse inhabitants, and having places set aside just for healing.
That being said....I am a cutter...I cut on my legs, shoulders, thighs, wrists, and most prevelantly on my left arm...When questioned by people about it growing up I often told people "when you cant hold any more pain or ugliness inside of you, the scars begin to manifest on your outsides...
Why do I/did I cut? many reasons, and sometimes for no reason at all...As I am getting older I am starting to think part of it was control..having something that was all mine (my body) and being able to do ANYthing I wanted to it....

and then to lie silently like deer tracks

in the freshly-fallen snow beside the one you love

That's All~
~Richard Brautigan, "Deer Tracks"~

Peace and Love

"Pssssst.......your STEREOTYPES are showing"....
~StabbyK~

HeartBreak Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeartBreak Kid For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I have two friends of mine who cut. The anxiety they have inside just blows me away. I have never experienced something like what they do. They even have ritual boxes with fresh razor blades, and bandages. It never crossed my mind in a million years.

I have a sense of the pain they feel internally, and it is heartbreaking.

I cannot promise safety - ppl turn on each other here at the drop of a dime. It happens on all sites. I am not one who runs this site, and have no authority in how it's run. I leave that up to Jack and Medusa. I am not computer savvy at all. I leave all of that up to Jack and Medusa. They are the bomb!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

a friend just told me that she cuts. I was like a deer caught in the headlights when she told me. At first (being honest) I wanted to scream at her....WHAT THE HELLLL. I did not though. I sat and listened to her. This scared me cause at first i thought it was a suicidal thing....now i know better. I want to help her but no idea what to do. I am open to her, i mean she can come to me with anything.Maybe listening is the best thing a friend can do....RAIN
LadyRain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyRain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Listening is the best thing hands down.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #6
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone,

First of all, I would definately like to thank My friend Andrew for making this place for us to come and talk about our feelings and why some of us do the things that we do. It is also a good place for people who are friends of self-injurers to come in for support from people who have been there as well as those who love someone in this position.

I come from both sides of the fence, caring about someone who self-injures as well as being (in My on right) a self-injurer as well. I don't cut or burn, but I do alot of skin picking as well as severe nail biting (often to the point of bleeding). Much of this comes as a way of not being able to express the anxiety that I am feeling on the inside, thus is comes out as an injury to Myself to say to people "hello, I'm hurting!".

We can't always verbalize what we are feeling internally, and often it stems from many things (abuse, confinement, teasing/bullying, etc). Each of us has our own reasons for doing what we do, whatever kind of self-injuring that may be, and it affects all aspects of our lives. Speaking only for Myself, I suffer from severe panic/anxiety attacks and often I cannot for the life of Me talk to anyone about what I am feeling because I just have never really been able to properly verbalize Myself in words (unless its on paper). I've also gotten to the point where I will freeze up so bad inside if I have to share My feelings that internally it feels like I'm about to explode.

When I get to feeling this way, which is much more often now than it used to be, I will get into a headspace where I can't think of anything else but showing what I am feeling inside on the outside. I'll pick at pimples until the bleed, chew on My nails or the skin around My fingers until they either bleed or are very raw and sore, and will even take small scratches on My breasts and tear at the scabs bad enough that they go from little specs to big circles that I can't help but play with. Its not something that I am proud of, and revealing this anywhere is a big step for Me ........ I feel comfortable enough with My friends here, moreso than 3/4 of My own family members, to reveal these secrets of Mine (hopefully to help others to understand this subject abit more) which just felt natural to Me.

Andrew - Its true that when you have never experienced something like that and you find someone who has, it can completely blow someone's mind as to how a person can do something like this to themselves. Its not easy, believe Me its hell on wheels, but most times this is the only way that a person can tell someone that they are hurting when they can't verbalize those internal feelings.

Rain - I can understand how you must have thought that your friend's self injuring may have been a suicidal thing, its not uncommon for self-harming to be viewed as a way to commit suicide. I never used to do alot of what I do, or atleast not to this extent, and never truly 100% understood it until I met someone very special to Me. He is in his late 30's and has been self-injuring since he was very young; he burns and cuts and before him I had never met anyone before that I truly knew self-injured. He has been through complete hell in his life and when he cannot talk to someone about how he is feeling, it manifests into a cut of a burn (thank goodness he hasn't burned in a long time though he still cuts). In his situation (only speaking for him), he has other things to deal with as well (schizophrenia/depression/bipolar) so it all wraps up into one with his self-harming. He has often gone to the ER with injuries due to self-harming, and the first thing he is always asked is if he feels suicidal (as if its somehow tied to self-harming). Its not that way at all, and he has personally told Me that honestly if he wanted to commit suicide, he could do it but do it properly and not just hurt himself ............

The absolute best thing that you can do for your friend is to be her friend, listen to her when she needs a shoulder to lean on and just be there for her as you always have been. I also would recommend going to the library or a bookstore to see if you can find books on the subject and read about it - educating yourself on the subject will also to help you to know how to better handle your friend's situation (especially if ever your there with her when it happens). I have read one book in particular that helped Me to much better understand what My friend was going through, plus a second one that he has in which I hope to borrow one time to read:

1) Cutting: Understanding and Overcoming Self-Mutilation by Steven Levenkron (can be found on amazon.com) - this is the one I've read and I **highly** recommend it

2) A Bright Red Scream: Self-Mutilation and The Language of Pain by Marilee Strong (also found on amazon.com) - this is the one I wanna borrow and read one day

Other then that I think that this thread is fantastic for all of us, whether we injure or know someone who does, to come together and have a safe space to talk and bond over a very touchy subject. I'm glad we have this space, as its important for all of us to have a place to come and be able to open up without being scolded for speaking from the heart ........... I'm glad this thread was created, thank you again Andrew for making it
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 12:08 PM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

A lot of people hide in their pain. It is a fractured sense of one's soul. Some people take another's pain and find joy in that. Twisted, yes. My father did that with my family.

Just remember nobody is an island.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
LadyRain

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You.!!
Relationship Status:
very stuck...

LadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST ReputationLadyRain Has the BEST Reputation

My gf is a Dr. She also teachs abnormal psyc. I was able to talk to her about this. She was wonderful and said that i did do the right thing. I gotta say that this is hard for me, cause I am a "fixer"........ugh........RAIN
LadyRain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyRain For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

There is a website, and psa's on TV that was started by Ron Howard and starring Glenn Close. It is about ending the negative stigma about those who have a mental illness. Bringchange2mind.org is it. Some may have already seen the psa's on TV already. I support anyone who will help anyone heal. If it's one person, 10 people, or a million. It is all about education. My hat is off to those who got the ball rolling on this. Go look it up for yourself. Tell me what you think.

Andrew
Old 01-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

I did it, I have the scars...

Then I found my Sir....

Never did it again.......
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #11
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

The Lady Snow,

How did you stop? So many struggle with stopping.

Thank you for sharing this part of youself here.

Love,
Andrew
Old 01-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #12
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
The Lady Snow,

How did you stop? So many struggle with stopping.

Thank you for sharing this part of youself here.

Love,
Andrew

I was young, he was my Sir, I was his, I had no choice..

Funny what a single tail can cure
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #13
SweetChrissy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
very much taken and adored

SweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you Andrew for making this thread. I used to be a cutter and i would cut my inner thigh because i figured no one would see it there. I would cut to be able to feel again. Lucky enough I have been taking meds for my bipolar type 1 which was causing my cutting in my opinion and I have cut in almost a year. Its not easy beacuse I still get the urge every now and then but its easier to not want to do it. So I wonder sometimes do you ever really get over it and is it like being an achololic once your one, you are always one? I know for some people its not easy to talk about their pain or their feelings of whats going on. I used to be one of those people that kept it all to myself and I am just starting to open up and be able to talk about how I feel to those that will listen. I am really glad this thread is here because maybe when someone gets that feeling of saddness or numbness in my case we can come here to those that understand and be able to tell them and maybe get some support to not cut or hurt ourselves
SweetChrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SweetChrissy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

The Lady Snow,

That was so well stated. I am so happy for you!

SweetChrissy,

I cannot guarantee anything. Just know that there are supportive souls here.

Andrew
Old 01-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #15
SweetChrissy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
very much taken and adored

SweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST ReputationSweetChrissy Has the BEST Reputation

Andrew anything is possible right?
SweetChrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SweetChrissy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #16
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Yes.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #17
alex k

How Do You Identify?:
trans male
Preferred Pronoun?:
anything other than she
Relationship Status:
well and truly caught

alex k is on a distinguished road

I've cut since i was about fourteen. Always when the anger and pain and frustration inside me got too much to cope with and i had to lash out somehow and it was easier to cut myself than hurt someone else. Last year i scared myself tho when a cut went way too deep and i ended up with stitches then a daily dressing change for weeks. My greatest help for the last few years has been having a partner who doesn't judge doesn't moan at me but is always there with dressings cream and love. And to be honest i went to the doctor in september to discuss the possibility of me having G.I.D. SInce then, now its all out in the open and hopefully something is going to happen, although I've been low and been angry I've managed to control the need to cut. If only I'd done something about this twenty years ago i could have saved myself a lot of scars
alex k is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alex k For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #18
owen4u1904

How Do You Identify?:
trans/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

owen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant future
Default Trichotillomania?

Is anyone a trichster or was a person who had trichotillomania?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #19
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Quote:
Yes. I have a very close friend of mine who is a recovering trich. She is still going to therapy for this. I really admire her.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #20
Jeep

How Do You Identify?:
confused
Relationship Status:
YEEHAW!!!

Jeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST ReputationJeep Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for starting this post. It's nice to know I'm not the only one on BFP dealing with this.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle. ~Author Unknown
Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeep For This Useful Post:

Tags
self-harm