Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 02-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #21
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,783 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Professional athletes and other celebrities make lots of money based on their public image. Lots. Tiger Woods is one of the greatest, if not the greatest golfer, to have ever played the game. However, he did not become a billionaire (yes billionaire) based solely on playing golf. Not even close.

His apology was well scripted, with no questions allowed. The mid February press conference gives him plenty of time to return to golf for all the prime time events. The first of the four majors, the Master's Tournament, is in April. Let's see if he plays.

This article pretty much sums up my thoughts.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

He may be a sex addict and recognize that and be working on it. I have no idea. He may be genuinely sorry. I have no idea. But this was a very scripted, well timed press conference- it's a way for him to make a comeback. It's about the big bucks.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #22
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Professional athletes and other celebrities make lots of money based on their public image. Lots. Tiger Woods is one of the greatest, if not the greatest golfer, to have ever played the game. However, he did not become a billionaire (yes billionaire) based solely on playing golf. Not even close.

His apology was well scripted, with no questions allowed. The mid February press conference gives him plenty of time to return to golf for all the prime time events. The first of the four majors, the Master's Tournament, is in April. Let's see if he plays.

This article pretty much sums up my thoughts.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

He may be a sex addict and recognize that and be working on it. I have no idea. He may be genuinely sorry. I have no idea. But this was a very scripted, well timed press conference- it's a way for him to make a comeback. It's about the big bucks.

I think this is a cogent and fair post. I am willing to concede that his press conference in part is about the "big bucks" but I don't believe the press conference was entirely about the money. I also agree that putting ourselves forward as public figures or celebrities does make us fair game for media. However, I don't think the probing media spot light should be extended to their families and friends.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #23
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I think today's statement was just a start in the right direction. He owes his wife and family a whole lot more than words. TW's is not a god, but a human being. TW has a ton of money tied up with endorsements and benefits, foundations, charities, etc. that makes him one of the weathiest men today. That is why this apology seemed so practiced. It had to come off perfectly.

I think if Tiger took questions at the end of his statement, it would have made more of an impact.

Mr. Wood
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #24
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Why is he the only one apologizing?? How come the wife is not apologizing for going after him with a golf club? I mean really, people fuck around one another all the timeeeeeeeeee.. I don't care if he fucked 899 women and 788 men that's not mah business... I could care less if he plays golf and goes home and fucks the entire state of Georgia, he is an adult..
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #25
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

well let's see. Tiger is in recovery for sex addiction.
In recovery making amends is a huge path to healing.
I'm willing to bet his therapist had a hand in the apology
he made to the public. Frankly, I'm just nauseated with
the air time given this matter. How gauche.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #26
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

Here's my .02 cents, take it as you choose...

The absolute only painfully visible reasons Tiger Woods is even bothering with a Press conference Apology..

1- He could lose a lot of Money...A lot, never mind the fact Nike supports him..{They seem to support Michael Vick too, so their Morality is slightly to the center of dubious}, the others..like Gillette, AT&T etc, those count too, and he'd feel a Huge Pinch in his finance if Corp. Sponsors kept ditching him...

2- He's only sorry he got Caught{again, much like Michael Vick}..Otherwise? He'd probably still be giving the supposedly Clueless chick empty Promises {if any other than another wild night ahead}, I do not buy for a second she had no fucking idea who the Most famous, worldwide known Mixed race Golfer is..Much less the Fact he was Married, That's like Monica Lewinski acting naive and saying "He's the President?"

3- Ok, maybe.....maybe..he is a sex addict and going through Therapy..
If this is true, wouldn't the Wife know this, or even suspect it?..You don't become an Addict overnight, ask any Al-Anon/Narc-Anon therapy attendee...
There are symptoms, and yes, a few do fall off the Wagon every now and then, is he trying to say "I might fuck around again if I'm not strong enough", maybe Hide behind a so-called addiction?...

And I don't really agree about what My focus should be on, rather than this issue with Tiger Woods..
Yes, I'm all for Activism, Gay Marriage, dont Ask Dont Tell repeal, ENDA repeal etc..
But My world doesn't only revolve around these issues...
That to me sounded like the only thing I should pay attention to are crooked politicians screwing over the LGBT community...

The Tiger Woods issue, hits close to Home..
My "sperm donor" happily cheated on my Mother, only expressing remorse when she caught him often[and i'll admit, she was naive to believe him for 10 years]...
Putting her at risk for STD's since he abhored Condoms..
Eventually she walked out, amidst death threats..
So yes, I think Tiger is right up there with pond scum...
Those kids deserve a better Role Model
While watching his body language, all I could mumble was "And the Oscar for best dramatic 'Oops' performance goes to...."

Old 02-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #27
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not going to judge him, I don't know him. I don't know if he is sincere but he may very well maybe. But I will say this, if he's already a billionare, then why go through with the public apologies? He's already lost most of his sponsors.

I wish him happiness and peace. He didn't rape any women. He didn't kill any dogs or raise them to fight. He made mistakes. He's not perfect and I know I'm not perfect either. No stone throwing from myself.

~~~shark~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #28
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

A-fucking-men Adele. Who gives a rats ass? Really? Just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
well let's see. Tiger is in recovery for sex addiction.
In recovery making amends is a huge path to healing.
I'm willing to bet his therapist had a hand in the apology
he made to the public. Frankly, I'm just nauseated with
the air time given this matter. How gauche.
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #29
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

I still think if TW showed up playing golf, and back on tour, ignoring the gossip, his new focus would be a relief for him and his family. I think the media needs to leave his wife, and kids out of this mess. This is not their fault by any means.

Sharkchomp, I agree with your post.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #30
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

the media is presumptuous by all the coverage; the topic is so uninteresting.

well, except for his affinity for *working* white girls.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #31
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

If this country would spend less time worrying about what Tiger did and more time worrying about fixing health care and the economy, educating our children, ending poverty in our own country, actually presenting factual news rather than sound bytes or propaganda to the populous we'd be a whole hell of lot better off.

That being said I saw it. It had all the components of a proper apology. I don't think it was necessary. It's between him and his wife. And really none of our fucking business.
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #32
Daktari

So, do I have this right? An insanely wealthy, over-privileged sports person makes a public apology for being a bad boy and that's 'world' news? (we got it on our news over here), what a crock!

Which came first, the media's pursuit of salacious stories about famous people or the demand from the populus for such stories?

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #33
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I would have respected him more if he didn't hold the press conference. He wasn't apologizing to you and I (and I agree didn't need to). It was PR for his career. He has made lots and lots of money by being Mr. Wholesome along with being a great golfer. It was a press conference that he and his people carefully orchestrated. Now he can come back to play golf, try to break Jack Nicklaus' majors record, and continue to make money.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 02-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #34
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

When did billionaire superstars having lots of sex become controversial?
Must have missed that memo.
I could care less.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #35
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

He apologized for Nike.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #36
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
He apologized for Nike.
Yep, exactly.

- Rainer Maria Rilke