Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your Girl Scout Cookie Style?
I'm a purist, only the old standards for me. 38 45.78%
I'm trendy, I only like the newer cookies. 3 3.61%
It's a cookie, I'll eat it. 26 31.33%
How a much a box!? Do I look like I'm made of money? 11 13.25%
Cookies *blech* 3 3.61%
What are these Girl Scout Cookie things of which you speak? 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation
Default It's Girl Scout Cookie Time. What Will You Be Eatting This Season?

I started selling them as a Brownie when I was 6 years old, and several many boxes make it in to my hot little hands every spring. After the first few boxes disappear quickly, I dole the rest out carefully. I've been known to still have a box or two stashed away come December.

Do-si-dos, samoas, tagalongs, and trefoils only. Sorry, I hear they are yummy, but I can't do the mint cookie thing.

Last edited by MsDemeanor; 02-28-2010 at 03:07 PM.
MsDemeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsDemeanor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Where'd that second "t" come from? Maybe some kind mod will fix the thread title. *must have more coffee*
Old 02-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Having always been a Trefoil fan, this year I got wild and ordered the sandwitch cookies with the lemon filling.

The filling is odd and I have spent quite a bit of time pondering how. It seems like the cream filling has little bursts of faux lemon flavor kind of like teeny tapiocas or BBs filled with lemon flavored jello.

Next year Trefoils!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

Thin mints and Tagalongs are the best. I'll be picking our's up on Wednesday evening. Hope they last the car ride home! They have seriously gone up in price and, I think, down in quality. But, the cause is still important. And, "good cookie" is a relative term.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

Ha! I got kicked out of the girl scouts for eating brownies.

Seriously, I love the samoas.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #6
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Tagalongs...

...are awesome. And they come 15 to a box. And I ate 13 of them last night. In one sitting.

Due to their awesomeness, I do not think that I should be held accountable for this.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Mint cookies......bring 'em.

I bought 2 boxes this year from one of the RT's in my department whose daughter is in scouting. Although I've never agreed with the homophobic stance that Scouting has taken, over the years, I do think it is a great program for young men and women. I believe in supporting that.

Does anyone know if the Girl Scouts are still selling these door-to-door?? I remember them doing that in my neighborhood when I was growing up. I guess it's not safe for kids to be doing that anymore. Sad.

I remember being a Brownie.

~Theo~
Old 02-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Wednesday Addams: "Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #9
tiggs

How Do You Identify?:
femme submissive
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married and collared to Converse

12 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 1

tiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputationtiggs Has the BEST Reputation

Oh my gosh I love love the mint cookies they are the yummiest but sadly I haven't had them in years I don't know anyone in my area that sells them.
tiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Two tables were set up in front of our local Wal Mart yesterday. One at each entrance. The sign across the front of the tables said they were $4 a box. I procrastinate often in which ones to buy, so I hope they are there again next weekend as I have finally decided...................I think.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Although I've never agreed with the homophobic stance that Scouting has taken, over the years, I do think it is a great program for young men and women. I believe in supporting that.
It's just the Boy Scouts that are homophobic and christian-centric. The Girls Scouts accept queers, and members are allowed to substitute the word "god" in the oath.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future

Are they made from real Girl Scouts or Girl Guides???? Transfat free... no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives???

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LieslKate For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #13
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggs View Post
Oh my gosh I love love the mint cookies they are the yummiest but sadly I haven't had them in years I don't know anyone in my area that sells them.
Here's the cookie finder. Just enter your zip code and it will show you where to get cookies.

linkyloo

You can enter garbage in the contact info, you just need to enter something before it will take you to the page for your area. Here in NoCal, they have a little map with locations and sale dates and times.

I love the internet. It has everything!

Last edited by MsDemeanor; 02-28-2010 at 05:26 PM.
MsDemeanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #14
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

In order to be a team player and get along in the corporate world I was forced to order cookies from not one but two coworkers.

somehow i requested Tagalogs, samoas, thin mints, do si dos and lemon creme

the lemon creme and samoas came first and lasted 2 days with great restraint. the rest should come shortly. I'm sure those won't make it home from the office either. (sorry stray. :>)
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,864 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Uh oh.

The Lemon Chalet Girl Scout cookies are being recalled. Here's the story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35606744/

They're saying that they are "safe" to eat, just not "up to quality".

~Theo~ .....has only eaten the mint ones.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #16
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Uh oh.

The Lemon Chalet Girl Scout cookies are being recalled. Here's the story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35606744/

They're saying that they are "safe" to eat, just not "up to quality".

~Theo~ .....has only eaten the mint ones.
oh great. um i think mine tasted ok.... we inhaled them so maybe we didn't notice.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Samoas all the way!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:46 PM   #18
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I remember being a Brownie.

~Theo~
I remember being a Brownie too, in the third grade. I hated it. When we crosed the bridge to "fly up" to Girl Scouts at end of the year, they suggested to my mother that I not join (Thank God!). I believe they said I was "too rough". I think they were just ticked off because I insisted on making a boy spoon doll instead of a girl spoon doll like everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
In order to be a team player and get along in the corporate world I was forced to order cookies from not one but two coworkers.

somehow i requested Tagalogs, samoas, thin mints, do si dos and lemon creme

the lemon creme and samoas came first and lasted 2 days with great restraint. the rest should come shortly. I'm sure those won't make it home from the office either. (sorry stray. :>)
At the last place I worked they had one main order sheet for the employees and then the list was split among the parents who had Girl Scouts at home. That worked really well.

This year I got the cookies the regular old door to door way!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #19
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

The Lemon Cookie recall is in a limited geographic area. The Girl Scouts use regional bakeries, and only one bakery had this problem. It's based in KY, so I'm guessing that the affected cookies are in that region.

Here are the lot numbers:

7455881 7455882 7455883 7456741 7456742 7456743 7457661
7457662 7457663 7458521 7458522 7458523 7459401 7459402 7459403
Old 02-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #20
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
At the last place I worked they had one main order sheet for the employees and then the list was split among the parents who had Girl Scouts at home. That worked really well.
I like that idea. When I was a kid, I went door to door taking orders and then delivering cookies.

Around here, the parents that work with the troops just order a bunch of cookies and then set up and sell in front of the local stores. In SF, they'd set up tables in the Financial District so that we could buy them on the way to BART or the bus. I don't think that the kids get much out of this, though, as the parents are doing all of the work and the kids just stand there. They even give the kids cheat sheets so that they don't have to bother figuring out how much to charge for more than one box! On the other hand, these hyper-protective parents heads would probably explode at the notion of their over-pampered little darlings having to knock on neighborhood doors. I'm sure that this isn't the case everywhere; I live in fairly affluent area full of over-indulged children.