Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #242
Mr.Nobody

How Do You Identify?:
Niizh manidoowag...
Preferred Pronoun?:
I prefer amature nouns
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,528 Times in 536 Posts
Mr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST Reputation

Old 12-05-2011, 01:54 AM   #243
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #244
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

K.Fun - May 2011
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #245
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation
Default I have a thing for crawling things (except spiders!)

Cat or pillar? ~ Stony Brook State Park ~ K.Fun Photography 5-2010
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #246
Ashton

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine
Relationship Status:
retired

Thanked 1,528 Times in 461 Posts
Ashton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST ReputationAshton Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

"Judge not that ye be not judged."
"Do Unto Other that ye would have done unto thy"

See My Photography here
[IMG]
Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ashton For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #247
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation
Default Flowers at The Grand Hotel, Mackinaw Island

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #248
Mr.Nobody

How Do You Identify?:
Niizh manidoowag...
Preferred Pronoun?:
I prefer amature nouns
Relationship Status:
Single

Mr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST ReputationMr.Nobody Has the BEST Reputation

Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #249
Mr.Nobody

How Do You Identify?:
Niizh manidoowag...
Preferred Pronoun?:
I prefer amature nouns
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Question please....

I found this old brownie at the goodwill for like 2 bucks...I have seen a few places on line to buy film for her and I was just wondering if anyone has one and if so could anyone tell me how the heck to take a picture with her if I do find film?

Old 12-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #250
StoneFinn

How Do You Identify?:
Transgressive Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine
Relationship Status:
hog-tied with love

StoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shallow Depth of Field...

"If I were to think of and dwell on disastrous possibilities, I could do nothing. I throw myself headlong into my work, and come up again with my studies; if the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself." ~~ Van Gogh
StoneFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StoneFinn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 02:13 AM   #251
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds like you got a deal. Kodak has a beautiful webpage on the history of it -

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/features/brownieCam/

I don't know what you model you bought, but there a couple good videos on YouTube that offer details on film loading, focusing and shooting by model.

My father had a couple brownies in his camera collection. Once you get the film loading and unloading down, I think you'll find they are pretty easy to use. You should be able to find your model number and more information here as well:

http://www.brownie-camera.com/

Good luck and happy shooting,
SNH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post
I found this old brownie at the goodwill for like 2 bucks...I have seen a few places on line to buy film for her and I was just wondering if anyone has one and if so could anyone tell me how the heck to take a picture with her if I do find film?

SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #252
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Mr. Nobody what a find in that Brownie. I have an older 35mm film camera in storage (too far for me to get at right now) but would like to get a digital 35mm. If anyone has any suggestions please...do tell. I have been a bit out of the creative photography loop for a while and would like to dig my heels back

Thanks and cheers!!

Scoobs

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #253
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #254
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

This might be helpful:
http://www.brownie-camera.com/articl.../article.shtml

My instincts tell me you want to invest in a good tripod and go easy on lighting, with more emphasis on natural, subdued lighting rather than bright sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nobody View Post

ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #255
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

Scooby,

It's getting to be time for me to get an updated DSLR and one that doesn't require an expensive repair (I dropped my Sony on a train this summer, sadly, and impacted the image stabilizer), but I have nothing but praise for my Sony A100 for a couple reasons and think it is a fine starter DSLR. The A100 is a few years old now, so you might look at the Sony A200 and Steve's Reviews, which are exhaustive and well researched:

"The Sony Alpha 200/DSLR-A200 is a worthy competitor in the entry-level market, offering awesome image quality, robust performance, great ergonomics and loads of useful exposure options. One feature that stands out is the Super SteadyShot option. While many manufactures (Panasonic, Canon, etc.) are starting to offer stabilized lenses with these dSLR kits, the A200 features an effective anti-shake system that works not matter what type of glass you are using. This means many of the other models in this class with require you to purchase more expensive image stabilized lenses to achieve the same level of low light shooting performance. That said, with an MSRP of US$699 for the DT 18-70mm f3.5-5.6 zoom kit or US$899 for the dual lens (DT 18-70mm and a 75-300mm f4.5-5.6 lens) kit, I highly recommend the A200 to anyone who is in the market for an affordable and capable consumer level digital SLR."

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadyke View Post
Mr. Nobody what a find in that Brownie. I have an older 35mm film camera in storage (too far for me to get at right now) but would like to get a digital 35mm. If anyone has any suggestions please...do tell. I have been a bit out of the creative photography loop for a while and would like to dig my heels back

Thanks and cheers!!

Scoobs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #256
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

So...thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll start with this one, do some comparisons and see where it leads me!

Cheers,

Scoobs

~~Bob Richardson~~
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #257
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bee balm

Hi - I've been lurking in this thread for a while, so I thought I'd better post something.

LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #258
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

No problem, and I thought I posted the link to Steve's Reviews of DSLRs but see I didn't. Here it is -

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadyke View Post
So...thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll start with this one, do some comparisons and see where it leads me!

Cheers,

Scoobs
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #259
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Old 12-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #260
funkyfemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Gamey as Fuck
Relationship Status:
I move from person to person real quick.

Thanked 2,824 Times in 662 Posts
funkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputationfunkyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

funkyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to funkyfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
photography