Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation Creepy Things That Have Happened to You

Sometimes, weird things just happen. They're unexplained, supernatural or just weird until you understand what actually took place. I figured I'd start a thread for all things creepy and unexplained. This doesn't necessarily have to involve the paranormal but anything that just didn't make sense and scared you at the time.

Here's mine:

Last night, I'm in the hot tub. It's late and pitch black outside as it was nearing midnight. I hadn't done this yet but everybody was in bed so I got brave and yanked off my bathing suit. Not 30 seconds into enjoying the freedom of being nude in hot bubbling water, I heard the most God-awful screeching sound come from the woods behind the house. I heard three or four warbling high-pitched screeches and then nothing but silence. Now my rational mind knew it had to be an animal but instinct took over and I jumped out of the hot tub, wrapped myself up in a towel and booked it inside.

I went on You Tube and listened to a few animal sounds and from what I hear, it was probably an owl but I'd never heard one make that kind of sound before. Just the "Hoot Hoot" you expect to hear, not a screech. And especially since I had just gotten brave enough to take off my suit and it's right at that moment I hear it. lol! Not cool. Mystery solved but it still scared the heck out of me.

Anybody else have a creepy or odd story to share?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,414 Times in 6,878 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

i like this thread..and i will definitely be posting here when i have more time. i have some truly spooky stories....and btw...if the sounds weren't an owl, try listening to the mating call of a fishercat....it sounds just like a woman screaming...scary....otherwise i would say it had to be bigfoot...lol
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

About 20 years ago, my partner and I were driving home. We lived in Memphis at the time and were taking a short-cut through a suburban neighborhood in order to avoid the bigger/busier streets. We took this shortcut tons of times before and since. On this one night, I had stopped at the sign, turned left, went about 10' then for the briefest second or two, the street lights went away (not turned off, went away), the houses disappeared, and the road was dirt, there were many more trees. Then it all came back.

I looked at my partner, thinking I was nuts. She was looking at me with this shocked look and asked "Did you see that?" We had both experienced the same thing. We hadn't been talking about anything related, hadn't watched any scifi shows, anything weird. I personally believe in parallel realities, and for whatever reason, I believe we passed through some type of tear that night.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post
About 20 years ago, my partner and I were driving home. We lived in Memphis at the time and were taking a short-cut through a suburban neighborhood in order to avoid the bigger/busier streets. We took this shortcut tons of times before and since. On this one night, I had stopped at the sign, turned left, went about 10' then for the briefest second or two, the street lights went away (not turned off, went away), the houses disappeared, and the road was dirt, there were many more trees. Then it all came back.

I looked at my partner, thinking I was nuts. She was looking at me with this shocked look and asked "Did you see that?" We had both experienced the same thing. We hadn't been talking about anything related, hadn't watched any scifi shows, anything weird. I personally believe in parallel realities, and for whatever reason, I believe we passed through some type of tear that night.
Wow! That's amazing. I had a similar tear-in-time thing happen to me and my cousin when we were children. Very weird.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I have had many, many creepy things happen to me over the years. GREAT idea for a thread!!!!

Long ago i worked for a computer company and was sent to Alpheretta Georgia, which is about a four hour trip, for some training occasionally. I was on the interstate just leaving Knoxville and i looked at my gas o'meter and it was on a quarter of a tank. So, i thought i had better stop and get some gas to get me there. I knew there was an exit about 5 miles up the road where i had remembered seeing an Exxon on a previous trip.

A funny thing happened on the way to that exit. It never came. Not only that but around 10 miles down the road i was not in Knoxville anymore. I was in Alpharetta Georgia. I looked at the road signs in total disbelief noting that i was close to my exit for the hotel.

I looked at the clock....4 hours had past. Even more strange? I still had a quarter tank of gas. I was so shakin up over this, i pulled over and cried and cried. I couldn't figure it out. Still can't.

Did i have a seizure? Did i sleep all the way there for 4 hours? Was i crazy? Or did i hit a time warp or bend? Was it a "beam me up scotty" moment?

The jury is still out.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #6
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I have had many, many creepy things happen to me over the years. GREAT idea for a thread!!!!

Long ago i worked for a computer company and was sent to Alpheretta Georgia, which is about a four hour trip, for some training occasionally. I was on the interstate just leaving Knoxville and i looked at my gas o'meter and it was on a quarter of a tank. So, i thought i had better stop and get some gas to get me there. I knew there was an exit about 5 miles up the road where i had remembered seeing an Exxon on a previous trip.

A funny thing happened on the way to that exit. It never came. Not only that but around 10 miles down the road i was not in Knoxville anymore. I was in Alpharetta Georgia. I looked at the road signs in total disbelief noting that i was close to my exit for the hotel.

I looked at the clock....4 hours had past. Even more strange? I still had a quarter tank of gas. I was so shakin up over this, i pulled over and cried and cried. I couldn't figure it out. Still can't.

Did i have a seizure? Did i sleep all the way there for 4 hours? Was i crazy? Or did i hit a time warp or bend? Was it a "beam me up scotty" moment?

The jury is still out.
I was on the Montel Williams Show with psychic Sylvia Brown a couple of times and she would tell you that you were indeed, "beamed up" or had an alien experience of some sort. I believe there are rips in time where we can not account for happenings in our day.time. Whether they are of alien nature or a rip in time is anybody's guess. I hope I am wrong, but I think this is how some people disappear. Thank God you were returned to your destination! The Planet would miss you!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post

omg..... I wasn't even going to share my very similar story.....everyone I have told about it thought I was a freak....my own brother included...here it is:

I was hiking at a favorite hiking spot here in Mass....There are 2 main paths that you have to take to get to other paths. I was on the one I traversed most often, and had done a good loop and was heading back to my car. I was on the trail I had hiked DOZENS of times....when I came upon a trail I NEVER HAD SEEN.... I could tell it went in the direction of the reservoir which was ( if memory serves) east of where i was at that time....I knew how to get to my car from there so I decided to take the "new trail" since I was just bewildered at it's very existence!!

So...I'm hiking and hiking for a good 20 minutes... and looking around to see the new sights.....and I suddenly came upon a thicket of bushes....and when I pushed through them.... I was suddenly BACK on the main trail I had been on...but further along. To give this proper perspective I would have to draw a map. Suffice it to say... I was hiking east for at least 20 min...then ended up in a south easterly position.....at least 2 miles away from where I went in...Hard to explain....but it wasn't physically feasible.. I'm NOT an inexperienced hiker that just got turned around.

Things like that happened frequently there, come to think of it. I would take one trail to another and arrive at a destination, then try to do the same thing over again and never get back to where I got in the first place I think it was an enchanted place..... I had a hard time hiking there after that....But it was an experience and that's what life is all about....

I will have to post again another time about my ghost encounters.... I've been fortunate to have nothing but good experiences with them....
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,635 Times in 3,981 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

omg..the first time I heard a fisher cat I was living on a 200 acre farm up in New England...and was all by myself that night. I read ALOT of serial killer books and had just found out there was a serial killer in that area who had not been caught. It sounded just like a woman being tortured out in the woods! When I was told about the fisher cat, I was SURE I was having my leg pulled but sure enough, they existed. The Fisher Cats remained scary as hell to me...but at least they were just weasels and not a serial killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
i like this thread..and i will definitely be posting here when i have more time. i have some truly spooky stories....and btw...if the sounds weren't an owl, try listening to the mating call of a fishercat....it sounds just like a woman screaming...scary....otherwise i would say it had to be bigfoot...lol
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
This stuff is so cool. I'm the person that always wanted something like this to happen to me, but the closest thing that has ever happened to me is that I have zoned out while driving.

I do not recommend that, kids!

It doesn't really happen anymore, but it would happen in FL all the time. I don't know if just knew the routes so well or what, but I'd be driving along and then BAM! I'm a minute from my destination and I have no memory of the past 10, 20, 40 minutes. None. It actually started to worry me quite a bit, because I didn't know what happened during that time and whether I was a good driver or if did some dangerous driving or fell asleep or if I hurt anyone or anything. That part of it was really scary....the not knowing.
Ironically, I can actually explain this. It is a form of self-hypnosis. One of my lifestyle mentors is trained in hypnosis and anytime he teaches a class, he used this as a point of reference that everyone can relate to. You are not asleep, but it can be dangerous so please be careful?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #10
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneyDoll View Post
Ironically, I can actually explain this. It is a form of self-hypnosis. One of my lifestyle mentors is trained in hypnosis and anytime he teaches a class, he used this as a point of reference that everyone can relate to. You are not asleep, but it can be dangerous so please be careful?

Well, that certainly seems more likely than sleep driving. It would happen when I was wide awake and when I snapped to, I wasn't groggy, so the sleep thing never quite sat right with me.

The problem is, when it does happen, I don't know until it's over and I have absolutely no recollection of anything that happened between point A and B.

I'll try to think careful thoughts when driving.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #11
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

LOL! I just came back in here for the first time since I posted a funny story ... Several people sent me private comments thought it was funny too. Several of these comments to me were made by femmes.

I have no desire to continue any more dialog with anyone who may have ruffled feathers ... too time consuming - I mean all the back and forth.

Peace to all!

Brock
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #12
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,768 Times in 982 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Well, that certainly seems more likely than sleep driving. It would happen when I was wide awake and when I snapped to, I wasn't groggy, so the sleep thing never quite sat right with me.

The problem is, when it does happen, I don't know until it's over and I have absolutely no recollection of anything that happened between point A and B.

I'll try to think careful thoughts when driving.
It's called road hypnosis and it can be dangerous as hell. Need to keep your eyes moving --look at your mirrors at the scenery anything for a quick glance--just so you are not just staring at the road constantly.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #13
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
omg..the first time I heard a fisher cat I was living on a 200 acre farm up in New England...and was all by myself that night. I read ALOT of serial killer books and had just found out there was a serial killer in that area who had not been caught. It sounded just like a woman being tortured out in the woods! When I was told about the fisher cat, I was SURE I was having my leg pulled but sure enough, they existed. The Fisher Cats remained scary as hell to me...but at least they were just weasels and not a serial killer.
Fisher cats are down right skeery.... My daughter used to take riding lessons at a small farm that abutted the woods. The owner of the farm had to put in an extra electrical wire low to the ground because the fisher cats were attacking the horses...they have NO FEAR.... I have only seen them crossing streets at night, but my youngest daughter had a close call with one while we were geocaching one day. She had tired of looking for the cache and we were headed back to the car. I was looking in one last spot and she took our dog, Matty back to the car with her....when I got there she was in the car doors locked....lol When I got in she told me this strange animal had been by the stream when she went by and had growled at her.....she tried to describe it but it didn't look like anything she had seen. I showed her a picture of a fisher cat and she said that was what she saw. It's rare to see them close up....
And yes they sound JUST LIKE a woman screaming.... I was at my sister's house one night and we heard it and we thought we should call the cops! My brother in law has been a country boy his entire life and told us what it was....she lost 2 cats to the fisher cats while living there They are the only predator of porcupines as well.....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 AM   #14
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

With all this talk of fisher cats y'all piqued my curiosity and I googled them. Very 'interesting' sounds they make. I think I would have thought they were owls if I heard them at night.

~~~shark~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #15
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

This is just too messed up ..got up this morning and everything was as normal as things can be for me...when walking past my bed I noticed the 4 charms I wear on a chain around my neck sitting in a little pile on my bed but nowhere near my pillow. Just sitting like I'd placed them there...no chain, just the charms - my Hamsa, Star of David, Rose Quartz point and Bronzite pendant. I looked everywhere for the chain, thinking it had broken and was in the bed or on the floor. Can't find it anywhere.

Put the charms on another chain and when I was in the kitchen making coffee the Bronzite hit the floor then the Star of David. Chain didn't break and the jump rings are completely closed.

No idea what's happening...Mercury? Mom or another spirit having a little fun with me this morning? Or just one of those totally weird, creepy and unexplainable things...Not taking any chances I've lit enough sage and incense to nearly set off the smoke detector. Yep, never a dull moment around here...lol

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2017, 09:58 AM   #16
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

it happens sometimes that i hear voices calling me i would swear that it was people of my family but when i verify it's not them
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2018, 05:20 PM   #17
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

lately weird things around my apartment. Lights and the tv being on that i know i’ve turned off..

Before she died my dog would insanely bark at the blank space in front of her...

Now i’ve just got this completely empty weird feeling in here..

Just creepy

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #18
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Years ago, I would take an early morning walk on a path that is located at a golf course. I liked the nature setting, and the end of the path became a small bridge over a stream. At this last five minutes of the walk (where it becomes a small bridge), there were trees on both sides, it was secluded, and the golfers wouldn't be able to see this area of the path.

I walked there every day, at the same time...
One day, as I was walking, when I approached the secluded area of the path, a man in who looked to be in his 60's, with a potbelly all of a sudden I noticed came from nowhere and was walking next to me, at my pace.
He started a conversation with me and I mentioned to him that I wished the path didn't have all these leaves on it (it was covered almost completely by leaves).

The next day, I walked at a different hour, because I was spooked by his walking next to me the day before.
All the leaves had been removed except for one. (These were big leaves, about twice the length of a persons hand).
It felt too eerie and I chose to not walk there any more.

Years later, I was watching America's Most Wanted television show. I saw his photo shown and them saying he was a murderer, and asking for leads on if anyone had seen him.

I mentioned it to a friend who is a retired sheriff, and she said he had been casing me.. watching me as I walked there daily.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #19
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,088 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

I'd point out to folks that I am very much a science geek, and do not 'believe in ghosts' etc as such. I simply believe that odd things sometimes happen for which we do not (yet) have the explanation. Here's the standout ones that I've experienced..

Thirty-odd years ago, and a good friend of mine is staying over at my flat; he was shifting between friends homes staying with each for a week or two, as he didnt have a place of his own. It was his habit to go for a walk in the late evening just before going to bed, and he invited me to join him on his walk one evening.

We'd walked across the grass surounding the flats and over the main road into the next estate with the intent of walking once around a park there then returning home. As we got to a green with a little stream and a few bushes scattered about, we stopped momentarily, chatting. I was looking across the green at the houses on the far side, the scene lit by street lamps. There was no moonlight, and teh sky was clear. We both gasped - the light level had suddenly dropped and remained down for about three seconds, the grassy area before us now appearing to be in darkness, rather than being poorly lit by teh street lamps by the surrounding houses. The streetlamps had not dimmed or flickered or turned out.

Suddenly, it was just as it had been before, lit dimly by the streetlamps. Neither of us had a clue as to what caused the effect, but he'd seen it as clearly as I, and to this day I cannot think of an explanation for that one.

A few years later, and I was going for an interview in High Wycombe, a town I had never been to before. As I left the train station, thinking I could do with a cup of tea to steady my nerves before the interview, I suddenly KNEW that just beyond the hump-backed bridge ahead - and out of sight - of me was a cafe with a white painted frontage with blue trim. As I got to the top of teh bridge, there it was, I could see it some thirty metres ahead, exactly as I'd forseen it perhaps ten-fifteen seconds before.

Nearly forty years ago, and I was working in an office. I had a dream in which I saw the pot plant in our office stood on top of a filing cabinet and visible behind the plant was a window into a small room - that didn't exist in our office at the time. I even remarked on thsi dream to someone at the time. Some weeks later, it was decided to move the minicomputer from the room across the hallway into our office, and create a little room for it in the corner of our office. The upper half of the wall facing into our office was glazed. Our boss decided to move the filing cabinet as I was doing my job of data entry. "There!" she said, having completed the job, placing the pot plant on top of the cabinet, in front of the window into our new little computer room - my jaw dropped when I looked up and saw it.

I've had quite a few instances of a sense of deja vu, most of which are readily explained by the notion that Ascot pointed out above, that one part of our brain is catching up with something another part has registered, but those three incidents stand out as being ones which are harder to explain. With the High Wycombe one, it's possible that my brain simply took a guess at what a cafe in that area might look like and hit lucky, but if so, its prediction was startlingly accurate. Even th dream - could just have been random luck that I dreamt what I did and it then came to pass - or something very like it. But that suddenly dark then suddenly re-lit green, I'm still scratching my head over. Any ideas?

Last edited by Esme nha Maire; 01-10-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:

Tags
creepy, odd, unexplained, weird