Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 01-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Rachel Maddow Rocks Hard!!!

Just need to post it. How about that butch dyke brainiac!!!

Just the fact that she is on tv and telling the truth gives me hope for this planet.

Content of her character, not the color of her sheets (to badly paraphrase Dr. MLK today)

key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
Just the fact that she is on tv and telling the truth gives me hope for this planet.
Word.
Do the kids still say that? Probably not.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Of course! :-)

Word.........................
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Word.........................
I thought the HEADLINE said...

Rachel Maddow Rock Hard

hmmm why am I always in the gutter *looks at Diva*
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
I thought the HEADLINE said...

Rachel Maddow Rock Hard

hmmm why am I always in the gutter *looks at Diva*

Um........because You ARE?

Of course, I'M not.....ever.
Have some Kool~aid....
Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Um........because You ARE?

Of course, I'M not.....ever.
Have some Kool~aid....
Awww you say I'm an angel... I dont' care what people say. You are sweet!!
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
Awww you say I'm an angel... I dont' care what people say. You are sweet!!
No....I was saying I'M an angel......

I don't care what they say about YOU either.....that's why we love each other.....there's no one left....<giggling>

Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Dyke, Feminist, Contrarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,229 Times in 586 Posts
Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

I like Maddow a lot. But, what's up with making alcoholic beverages on tv? I mean, the first time I thought it was amusing. Now it is just old, and it makes me think she is a big drinker...which I don't particularly like. I don't think it reflects well on her.

I respect her brain so much, she's a PhD, she's the first openly gay Rhodes scholar, etc., etc. But, dang Maddow, quit with the booze on tv. I don't care what you do in your personal life, but I think it sends a bad message to be mixing cocktails on your show.

I still love the show!
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Reader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST ReputationReader Has the BEST Reputation

I rather liked the orange jump suit tonight.
The Following User Says Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I heart her.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #11
SecretAgentMa'am

How Do You Identify?:
Redheaded Bellydancing Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very married

SecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST ReputationSecretAgentMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I love Rachel Maddow in all her fabulousness. She looks stunningly hot in her business suits, even hotter in her jeans and Chucks with her hipster glasses, and she's got the sexiest brain on TV. And I love the cocktail segments. We went out and got all the ingredients to make mojitos last weekend because she taught me how to make them. I love people who, like me, are concerned with doing things right.
SecretAgentMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SecretAgentMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 11:54 PM   #12
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Has anybody noticed that she pronounces the end of her last name "oh" like "meadow" and that most everybody else pronounces it madd-ow (rhymes with cow)?

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #13
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
Has anybody noticed that she pronounces the end of her last name "oh" like "meadow" and that most everybody else pronounces it madd-ow (rhymes with cow)?
Yep! She sure does.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #14
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

I like Maddow because she loves dogs, is very curious about all sorts of things, is humble, is smart and well-educated and she cracks me up with all of the faces she makes.

I get such a kick when she jumps out of her chair and runs around and you see that she is really wearing her beat up jeans, the big butch leather belt and sneakers but on top she has her "work" tv jacket on.

And she is so polite to guests even when she clearly disagrees with them. I get the feeling that she could cut anyone to ribbons with her knowledge of the facts, her debating skill and her intelligence, but that she doesn't because she is too well-mannered to do so to someone she has on as a guest.

I like when she tosses in occasional remarks about her parents or Susan or her dog. She hasn't let her success go to her head and I admire that.

PS-Ever notice what long fingers she has? (I will leave that alone, but it's true!)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
I like Maddow because she loves dogs, is very curious about all sorts of things, is humble, is smart and well-educated and she cracks me up with all of the faces she makes.

I get such a kick when she jumps out of her chair and runs around and you see that she is really wearing her beat up jeans, the big butch leather belt and sneakers but on top she has her "work" tv jacket on.

And she is so polite to guests even when she clearly disagrees with them. I get the feeling that she could cut anyone to ribbons with her knowledge of the facts, her debating skill and her intelligence, but that she doesn't because she is too well-mannered to do so to someone she has on as a guest.

I like when she tosses in occasional remarks about her parents or Susan or her dog. She hasn't let her success go to her head and I admire that.

PS-Ever notice what long fingers she has? (I will leave that alone, but it's true!)
Yup. I definitely noticed her fingers.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #16
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Maddow's staff is full of such likeable kooks!

Did you see that crazy, zoo-during-the-East Coast-earthquake, Best New Thing update at the end of the show tonite? LOL.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #17
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I like Maddow a lot. But, what's up with making alcoholic beverages on tv? I mean, the first time I thought it was amusing. Now it is just old, and it makes me think she is a big drinker...which I don't particularly like. I don't think it reflects well on her.

I respect her brain so much, she's a PhD, she's the first openly gay Rhodes scholar, etc., etc. But, dang Maddow, quit with the booze on tv. I don't care what you do in your personal life, but I think it sends a bad message to be mixing cocktails on your show.

I still love the show!
Her love of classic cocktails is one of her more endearing qualities for me. I love watching videos of her on YouTube where she mixes drinks. She clearly has a love of the lore around cocktails and their origins, and the butch can mix a mean cocktail. *swoon*

To each his/her own, I guess.

The meaning behind my screen name:
lettertodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #18
Reader
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettertodaddy View Post
Her love of classic cocktails is one of her more endearing qualities for me. I love watching videos of her on YouTube where she mixes drinks. She clearly has a love of the lore around cocktails and their origins, and the butch can mix a mean cocktail. *swoon*

To each his/her own, I guess.
You know what, I never looked at it that way. Thanks for posting that. Maybe I need to reframe and rethink those segments.

Grazie!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #19
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

lettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputationlettertodaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You know what, I never looked at it that way. Thanks for posting that. Maybe I need to reframe and rethink those segments.

Grazie!
Because you mentioned her fingers...

I am absolutely obsessed with her fingers in this video. Plus, she's just so nerdy and hot. *longing sigh*

The Following User Says Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #20
lettertodaddy

How Do You Identify?:
dorky queer femme bottom
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones
Relationship Status:
single, dammit.

Ugh, what am I doing wrong with youTube videos?

http://youtu.be/nE_Ve8a_Kes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lettertodaddy For This Useful Post: