Old 04-25-2011, 06:48 PM   #21
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Is everyone in Arkansas and the Memphis area alright? The radar shows a huge ugly storm over that way. I'll bet some of you are out of power. Hope you all are ok, let us hear from ya.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #22
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
Posting from my phone- we are fine. Although we have taken cover a few times in the walk in closet. I think it's gonna be a long night.
I know you are well prepared and all, so that's a good thing. Thinking of ya as I watch the news

and people wonder why I live in earthquake country. One quick shimmy shaking quaking and it's over , for a few years, anyway..
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #23
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Posting from my phone- we are fine. Although we have taken cover a few times in the walk in closet. I think it's gonna be a long night.
I think you are right, cuz it sure looks ugly on the radar.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #24
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

N Little Rock declared state of emergency. Several tornados reported. Stay in the closet Jack

They are saying the high winds and stuff are moving on toward Memphis

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #25
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Little Rock and the rest of Arkansas are getting it bad! I hope everyone stays safe.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #26
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I hope you and Medusa will be safe during the night, will keep ya'll in my thoughts and prayers.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #27
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Move to Oregon, I said. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

We don't have The Tornadoes and Humidity here.
I hope you and yours stay safe during the night June, will keep ya'll in my thoughts and prayers.
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #28
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Looking at the radar, the worst of it is past you now; Still some heavy rain, but the line with the yellow/red storm indications is East of Little Rock now. A few more hours of heavy rain to go. Hang in there!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 08:05 PM   #29
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I never thought I'd see anyone tell Jack to stay in the closet...but I haveta' agree.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #30
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

The whole state is torn up. A city 3 miles south of us was completely leveled. Please send positive thoughts to the families who are without power or with damaged homes tonIght.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #31
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
The whole state is torn up. A city 3 miles south of us was completely leveled. Please send positive thoughts to the families who are without power or with damaged homes tonIght.
That's awful news about the tornadoes. We'll keep Arkansas in our thoughts. Very glad to hear you're ok!
The Following User Says Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #32
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Will do, glad to hear you guys are ok and safe.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #33
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Wow wow....

This storm cell is unreal. I was so glad to come to this thread and see at least some of the people posting and they are ok.

Jack and Medusa can you make it mandatory that people let us know they are ok? LOL just kidding but gosh it's hard not knowing if our folks are alright. I hope more that are in the storm, yesterdays and today's, will come in and say...I'm ok!!!!

Sweet, ty for making this thread...you are precious and it's wonderful!!!!

Knoxville got hit with a strange "fast storm" yesterday afternoon. It was fine outside one second...the next it was black as night, trees laying over, hail, scarier than i could have imagined.

Tons of trees down and debris everywhere. I really thought it was a tornado and am shocked it wasn't. I was without power from 2 yesterday afternoon until just about 30 minutes ago. There are still 40,000 without power here and they say problems with most traffic lights not working.

Still, nothing compared to what Arkansas got....my heart and prayers to all of you all there and the rest of the nation that is in the "red zone". Still more coming i see on tv.

Grab something and hang on tight!!!!!

ps. I should have listened to Jack and others on another thread about preparing for such things. I couldn't find my flashlight last night and just had a couple of small candles. First thing this morning i went to the store and stocked up. It IS important to be prepared

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #34
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

It's daylight here and we are all finally able to see the damage.

Several people were killed and injured last night. Lots of homes destroyed and the town of Vilonia was almost completely leveled. We have another round of storms heading this way today but hopefully it will not get further north than projected or the same towns are going to get hit again.

Anyone wishing to donate can text 90999 to the Red Cross and it will send an automatic $10 donation to them through your cell bill.

There are a few of us going over on our lunch breaks to deliver water and supplies to those residents. All schools closed, several businesses closed. Roads are barely passable down there.

Please be sending positive thoughts, or if you pray, pray hard for the families who are digging out from the devastation.

Much love to all. xo
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #35
Dreams
In memory of

How Do You Identify?:
self proclaimed ruler of nekid monday's
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you..
Relationship Status:
busy..

Dreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST ReputationDreams Has the BEST Reputation
Default Has..

anyone heard from wolfy?..... i'm glad to hear all in the line of fire are ok..

It is good to have an end to journey towards,
but it is the journey that matters in the end.
Ursula Le Guin
Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreams For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #36
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams View Post
anyone heard from wolfy?..... i'm glad to hear all in the line of fire are ok..
I don't think Wolfy's area in Oklahoma had any storms that were damaging. I'll text!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #37
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

We're about 4 hrs north of LR.

There were several tornadoes in close by towns.

We haven't been hit bad.

Flooding is a bitch though.

We get a break today, hopefully. Supposedly. Then it storms some more.

Thoughts out to everyone who got hit
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #38
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Just saw on the Weather Channel where the levee in Poplar Bluff just breached.

My thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by these storms as well as the fires in the west.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 09:37 AM   #39
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
We're about 4 hrs north of LR.

There were several tornadoes in close by towns.

We haven't been hit bad.

Flooding is a bitch though.

We get a break today, hopefully. Supposedly. Then it storms some more.

Thoughts out to everyone who got hit

Be safe up there! More storms coming tonight
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #40
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Just saw on the Weather Channel where the levee in Poplar Bluff just breached.

My thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by these storms as well as the fires in the west.

Oh damn. They were supposed to be evacuated already and hopefully nobody stayed behind.
The Following User Says Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: