Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
"The Mailman Doesn't Take His Bag For A Walk On His Day Off"............

Meaning, when one takes a break or day off from their regular routine, one should not do something that would normally be included in that routine!

When I was a kid, I remember whenever my mom was going someplace by herself, I'd ask if I could go with her, she'd ALWAYS say that to me.....
Your mom is an very very astute thinker, homoe. I really like her way of making sense of life in very articulate ways. I like your mom, very much.

_____ ______
Old 08-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #782
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
“Eat your heart out” ...........

An expression used to tell someone you think they will experience jealousy, regret, or anguish
I hear Jerry Lewis saying this to his Rat Pack pals.... Sinatra, Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr....and I believe Joey... (can't remember his last name)

_____ ______
Old 08-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #783
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

It's a Thin Line Between Love and Hate (1971)

This idiomatic phrase finds its roots, sunk deeply into the ground and within the lyrics of a very popular soul song, covered by The Pretenders, Annie Lennox and H Town; but was first recorded and written by members of the soul group called The Persuaders.

The idiom meaning succinctly articulates a particular truth about two emotions (Love and Hate). It's hard to tell if there's really any difference between the two outcomes either emotion is capable of producing. It's obvious to most people where the line is drawn. But, I consider this expression to be mostly true. And, as well, I like very much the song and the idiomatic turn of phrase.

_____ ______
Old 08-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #784
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Your mom is an very very astute thinker, homoe. I really like her way of making sense of life in very articulate ways. I like your mom, very much.
Yes either that OR I could of been a handful as a child............
Old 08-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #785
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Quote:
Yes either that OR I could of been a handful as a child............
All of my children, my daughter AND both of my sons, kept me so terribly busy. Particularly my sons. So, I totally know exactly what you speak of: I think it was a fairly good thing, that I could adapt quickly and have lots of experience on my side, with acting quickly and being on my toes, right???

_____ ______
Old 08-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #786
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I hear Jerry Lewis saying this to his Rat Pack pals.... Sinatra, Martin, and Sammy Davis Jr....and I believe Joey... (can't remember his last name)
Joey Bishop?
Old 08-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #787
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"A Fish Rots From The Head Down"..................

When an organization or state fails, it is the leadership that is the root cause.

Well I don't know nothin about fishing or camping or birthing babies, but this sounds about right........
so I say true!
Old 08-02-2017, 06:14 PM   #788
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Quote:
Joey Bishop?
OMG, Yesh. See, you help me so much and thanks for helping me to remember Joey's last name!!!!!

***** you're the sweetest, thank you homoe *****

......... .........

_____ ______
Old 08-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #789
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
OMG, Yesh. See, you help me so much and thanks for helping me to remember Joey's last name!!!!!

***** you're the sweetest, thank you homoe *****

......... .........
I would say I was taught to help the elderly Miss Katz, but I know I'm older than you...........
Old 08-02-2017, 06:57 PM   #790
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Quote:
I would say I was taught to help the elderly Miss Katz, but I know I'm older than you...........
Oooooh, thanks for reminding me of a quote I came upon today, from my belated birthday gift, the It's All In Your Head box of positive thoughts ........

"If you're trying to act your age, then you're just acting, not living. Forger the date on your birth certificate. How old would you be if you had no idea how old you were?" -- No Citation Given (unknown).

I'm guessing we are relatively the same age

_____ ______
Old 08-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #791
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Oooooh, thanks for reminding me of a quote I came upon today, from my belated birthday gift, the It's All In Your Head box of positive thoughts ........

"If you're trying to act your age, then you're just acting, not living. Forger the date on your birth certificate. How old would you be if you had no idea how old you were?" -- No Citation Given (unknown).

I'm guessing we are relatively the same age

I would say I've got about 7 or 8 years on you Miss Katz, but who's counting!
Old 08-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #792
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Proverb..

"If you can be patient in one moment of anger, you will escape one thousand days of sorrow".
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2017, 11:10 AM   #793
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Opposites Attract"...............

Meaning people who are very different from each other are often attracted to each other.

I can ONLY speak for myself but for me this is VERY true!
Old 08-03-2017, 01:57 PM   #794
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Cat’s Pyjamas".......

An excellent person or thing – of the highest quality.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:00 PM   #795
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Have the Heebie Jeebiess" ...............

To be in a state of nervousness. To be worked up and in a dither about some matter!
Old 08-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #796
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
"Cat’s Pyjamas".......

An excellent person or thing – of the highest quality.
AKA

the 'cat's meow'

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2017, 08:34 PM   #797
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

The Bee's Knees

Someone who is outstanding, beyond compare, super wonderful, at their height of excellence (this idiom was very popular during the 1920s, much like the idiom "The Cat's Pyjamas").

_____ ______
Old 08-04-2017, 02:09 AM   #798
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Tip of the iceberg"..........

The small visible part of a much large problem.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #799
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"That's a horse of a different color".....

A situation or a subject that is different from what you had first thought.To point out difference rather than likeness.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:52 AM   #800
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Truer Words Were Never Spoken"......................

Meaning when you strongly agree with what the other person has just said.
Closed Thread