Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 02-15-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,368 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default Television

This is a thread to discuss anything you want about television shows. Anything from House of Cards to CNN. There is a thread for your TV lineup, but nothing where you can talk more about what you are watching.

Some random thoughts --

A friend got me to watch House of Cards. I am in Season 1, and I am so annoyed by the innacuracy and improbability re education legislation and the teachers' union that I am having a hard time enjoying it. But I am not going to stop. There's something about it. (How's that for some deep discussion.)

I saw this in a review of HoC. I think it's true -- "It’s a typical product of our current golden age of television—dark, expertly directed and acted, and about five times better than the average Hollywood film."

I agree. Good TV is so much better right now than most of the films I see. It encourages me (a little) to know that Big Bang Theory is one of the most popular shows on TV. It is smart. It does not insult its audience. It is not hostile toward any group. It's a delight.

I am like many people. I don't think there has been better TV than The Wire although it is a sad and disturbing watch.

I have not watched Downton Abbey yet. Not even one episode.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

I understand what you mean about House of Cards but...still compelling TV and good to see Wright and Spacey.

See Downton and suspend commentary on class...another show that is better than film

YOu know, I am embarrassed to say: never saw The Wire, might have to binge about it
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I loved house of cards. Loved it. The original UK version was good but for the first time ever, I think I like an American version of something better!
I love the relationship dynamics and the dark interactions. It turned me the hell on and I love Kevin spacey.

Downton is a fave of mine.

I don't watch tv, but I do have BBCiplayer and netflix. Most of the stuff I watch is on BBCiplayer so I would likely be a conversation of one for me lol

I love QI, Nevermind the buzzcocks and Mock the Week. Have I got news for you is good too.

I go nuts for well done period drama on the beeb like bleak house or great expectstions
They also did and amazing show last year around the war of the roses.

I love any of the science history series presented by professor Jim kahlili Everything and Nothing rocked my word and my favourite investigative programs are Panorama and Horizon.

For those who want to get the beeb out of country it's 8.99 a month and you get bbci player global.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #4
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

well, season 2 is just as sexy, love Spacey but also love Robin Wright. watching it now as I write this, great chemistry

Does Netflix put the shows up in Canada at the same time. If so,take some down time and suggest you watch it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Default downton

no spoilers, because I suspect in Canada you are already done with season 4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #6
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

No I downloaded it off pirate proxy. Seasons four and the Christmas special. Binge watched the whole thing over Christmas with mum!
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2014, 03:03 AM   #7
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
YOu know, I am embarrassed to say: never saw The Wire, might have to binge about it
Stop being embarrassed and binge it. It's so good and appropriate for the current police brutality. I'm thinking of rewatching it. Or perhaps Mad Men - to gear up for the final season.
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #8
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,765 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

I Love OITNB.......Pitbulls and Parolees.......Hell's Kitchen.......Madam Secretary.......
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2015, 07:28 AM   #9
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfPacker View Post
I understand what you mean about House of Cards but...still compelling TV and good to see Wright and Spacey.

See Downton and suspend commentary on class...another show that is better than film

The Wire -- I caught it somewhere in the middle of it's run, went back and caught up; and then binge watched it again earlier this year!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #10
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

At this very moment I am watching last night's ep of, Pretty Little Liars.
I do love awful and I do mean AWFUL teenage dramas.
After Pretty Little Liars I might watch, Girls or I have an ep or two of General Hospital to watch.
Oh the life of a bored housewife is very boring!
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down Jerry just wasn't funny

Really, that was the best he could come up with?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:43 AM   #12
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
At this very moment I am watching last night's ep of, Pretty Little Liars.
I do love awful and I do mean AWFUL teenage dramas.
After Pretty Little Liars I might watch, Girls or I have an ep or two of General Hospital to watch.
Oh the life of a bored housewife is very boring!

If u like bad teen drama come to my house where we are watching all seasons
Of 90120
The Following User Says Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #13
Paradox

How Do You Identify?:
Constant Outsider - Humanist
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Paradox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST ReputationParadox Has the BEST Reputation

Not sure of how my list of recent past and present will come off.

I love shows with great writing but also present with a really diverse 'strong' cast.
I find shows that illustrate dysfunction, entertaining while at the same time sadly more ways realistic.
Plus some quirky drama, light fun, aside from history or science shows.

Anyways here goes;
Dexter - I will definitely miss.
Breaking Bad - I will miss.
Ray Donovan
Sherlock (UK version)
Mentalist
The Walking Dead (I need to catch up)

Sleepy Hallow
Rizzoli and Ilses
Grimm
Once Upon a Time
My Cat From Hell (Mentioned earlier. Great to see something for the felines).

I heard about Spacey and Macy shows. For whatever reason - I haven't gather the interest, but I love to watch both of these guys act. Maybe later.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2023, 05:48 PM   #14
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post

I am like many people. I don't think there has been better TV than The Wire although it is a sad and disturbing watch.
You are missed in the community Martina and I agree with you about...
The Wire.

We are binge watching this series of TV shows and the man who plays Omar Little is definitely quite the actor!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote