Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Mrs. Strutt

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
16 Years as Queen of Hys Castle

Mrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST ReputationMrs. Strutt Has the BEST Reputation
Default Body Image Issues

I am a little wistful reading posts/threads here on BFP where so many in our community are comfortable and accepting of their bodies and appearance, even if they are outside of what mainstream says is "acceptable."

Unfortunately, I am not one of them.

I gained 80 lbs. with my daughter and, while I have lost over 50 of them, I am still uncomfortable and self-conscious about the excess weight I carry. If I am very, very honest with myself, I need to lose about another 50 lbs. to be anywhere near what I think a "happy" weight for me would be.

My husband has loved and wanted me at every weight I've been over the past 12 years--from the 170 lbs. I was when we met, to the almost 280 lbs. I was the day I had our child--and it's hard for hym to understand why I don't see myself as beautiful when hy thinks I am. But I don't.

I so admire those who can celebrate themselves and feel total acceptance for their physical body, but I know myself well enough to know that will most likely never be the reality for me, no matter how hard I try.

I am wondering if anyone else carries body image issues as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...FLR/sunset.jpg

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman,
I shall feel that I have worked with God."

- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Mrs. Strutt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mrs. Strutt For This Useful Post: