Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Femme Zone

The Femme Zone For all things "Femme"

Old 07-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #161
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
i am deeply moved by this thread and also terrified to post in here.

i am a femme shark. i am a mixed indigenous queer crip (disabled) femme. i am passionate about decolonizing femme and claiming femininity as a way of liberating myself so that i can work to transform my community. i celebrate queer disabled fat indigenous femme hotness. i break down normative desirability with my body and my breath.

i am a polyamorous femme with a huge heart. i am kind, loving, and warm to just about everyone i meet. i am the one people rely on for a ready smile and a hug. it is easy for me to love people, and i love hard. when i love you i love you to wholeness.

don't mistake my kindness for weakness. i am strong. physically i might not look like much but fuck with people i love and me and my tiny, ineffectual fists will fuck you up. i am dangerous precisely because i have survived so much and i am not afraid to die.

sometimes i am afraid to live, though. i live with ptsd and anxiety that sometimes scares me into silence and inaction. i do my best to have the courage to move forward with my life anyway.

i talk a lot of shit but i'm a femme teddy bear at heart.

i'm an empathic femme. i am hypersensitive to the needs and energies of people around me, and because of this and trauma, i am very conflict avoidant. sometimes it's a curse. sometimes it's a blessing - i would rather communicate through difficulty and change whatever is causing a problem than fight about it.

in my community i am a femme who holds shit down, hooks shit up, and makes shit happen. i dream transformation into being, bring people together, and make possible what people believed was impossible, one moment at a time. i can hold many sometimes contradicting visions at once. i am an educator and a facilitator.

i am a deeply religious and deeply spiritual femme. to me they are intertwined, as are my faith and my social justice work. together they form the reason i get up in the morning (or afternoon, depending on the day).

i am a stone femme. i am a sex worker. stone for me means that my work gives me emotional boundaries around sex...sometimes physical ones, too, depending on the situation. being stone is what allows my empathic, overly expressive femme self to work effectively. it is the only area of my life in which i compartmentalize.

i'm a baby girl and a submissive femme who loves to strap it on and top from time to time. i'm kinky as hell in bed but there's a special place in my heart for sweet vanilla sex. and i consider blow jobs an art form.

i am a sister and an auntie. i cannot be anyone's biological mother but in my community "ma" or "mama" is a term of respect and endearment and it means so much when people call me that. i am an orphan.

i'm a pajama femme. i am the sexiest jeans and t-shirt femme you'll ever meet. this is out of necessity for survival, but i'm beginning to embrace it, even if it makes me feel like an ugly duckling femme sometimes.

i am a homeless, rootless, and family-less femme who is creating home, community, and family for myself. i value what i know of where i come from and i trust that i am whole despite the gaps in my memory and history.

Dear Aisha,

I first read your post on my phone, and froze while I carefully scrolled down to the end. Each piece on the little screen carried so much impact, I couldn't believe there was more like it, just further down, and then more again and again.

Your sense of self and conviction and honesty lift right up off the page and quietly take their rightful place in any world they enter. So now they're in mine.

I'd love to hear more about any of the things you mention; your family history, your sex work and your work in social justice, your polyamorous relationship, your community work, your strategies to deal with your struggles, anything you want to talk about.

There are places all over the threads for you, and I will keep an eye out for you now.

Take care of yourself (I know you do!),
With affection and respect,

Scout
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #162
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

Bumping
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #163
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Femme I Am

[QUOTE=aishah;610930]i am deeply moved by this thread and also terrified to post in here.
QUOTE]

Dear Aisha,
Like you I am moved by this thread and I too am terified to post here. Also, we have the inability to bear children in common and that, plus so much else you revealed endeared me to you. I am greateful for your strength and I harness it now to find courage. I will stand by your side and make my femmeness known. Here goes...

Femme I Am

I will begin by stating that I am a femme who loves butches, all kinds of butches from one end of the butch spectrum to the other. I admire them all from ultra-soft butches who live on the parenthetic smudge of the eye-liner lined femme realm to FtM trans guys who have punched their fists though societal confines and gone under blades to transform into who they are. I am wholly and completely a lover of all things butch. I am unashamed to walk in public, arm-in-arm with a butch. I am unashamed of my pure delight in their strength and wide-lensed, earthy wisdom. I love the tales their eyes tell. I love their pheromone-filled smell. I love their broad, solid presence. But, when I consider the femme I am, I am not just considering myself in relation to my butch counterparts. I am not just considering my desires, I am not just thinking about sexuality, I am not just pondering play, romance, sex, fucking or even love. Certainly physicality is a part of it and the social aspects of who I am are an integral part of what makes me…me. That thick layer, while creamy, rich and exciting, is just that: a layer. It is not the whole of the femme I am.

When I consider the femme I am, I take into account the many threads of me that have woven the fabric of my being with a tensile strength beyond my wildest dreams. To weave that fabric for you here, I would have to include my spirituality, my sense of right and wrong, my belief in freedom and rights, my ethics, my fiercely protective maternal instinct, my pride, my trepidations and the pieced-together heart that beats strongly in my chest, despite many years of crazing.

I was completely unable to bear children, yet there is an immense maternal instinct that forever burns within me and has molded a framework that houses all the parts of me. That framework is what I reflect my whole person through. The person who I strongly believe God intended me to be, who placed me on this earth to work through me. I am not a perfect person, but I cannot help but be exactly who I am. I am that which is perfect for my place in this world. And, I would pose: who is anyone to question that perfect authority that placed me here? Or that placed any one of us here…and whether or not you agree with my beliefs - that is not my point. My point is what I find helps me be exactly the femme I am is that I must take time to examine, to grow, to seek, to trust, and find community that can only help me in those endeavors of examining, growing seeking and trusting.

I hesitated for a moment in sharing this next story, but I felt it was a clear example of the wisdom BfP community has to offer me in so short a time. And, I hope, I it. I was recently in a conversation where I laughed at something someone said. This person is of our culture. I laughed out of joy as he revealed an intimacy to me that was tender in nature. As you may imagine my laughter hurt his feelings. I was mortified. I immediately apologized and explained that my laughter and lightness about that which he had said were due to the brilliance of what he said. And, my joy was not just so much about what he’d said but how he revealed it to me. I viewed what he had confided as a beautiful and sweet detail of his soul and psyche that I felt would make not only a wonderful piece to write about but a wonderful piece to share with others as a tool of cultural commonality. But, even if he never wanted to share what he had shared with me, with anyone else, I could not help my joy and laughter as my heart rejoiced in how similar his comments had, in my eyes, revealed us to be. I was elated that I found someone with whom I could relate on such a complex and deeply-felt topic. I tell this story, not because I am proud of what happened, but that I learned a little more about compassion through him. I was pure in intention but intention is not always what necessarily matters. In this culture of ours, I learn a great deal each and every day with each and every interaction I have.

I cannot begin to describe how much I rejoice in reading this Planet’s inhabitants’ stories and experiences, especially when something similar has happened to me. Even when the precise situation or experience was not exact to something I have experienced, I often find it easy to relate to because of our common culture, circumstance or the worldly reaction so many of us have to cope with.

Because I am continually growing and learning, with each passing moment of each day, I may not be able to wrestle down the kind of femme I am. Certainly not as eloquently as the glowing souls on this thread have, but there are a few things I do know: I am here. I am femme. And, all the messy details that led me to be the femme I am today are simply experiences and circumstances that are most likely not wholly unlike yours, you…who are reading this.

To all my beautiful, strong, sweet femme sisters, I read about you, your souls shine though your experiences. I find your tales delicious with an unmistakable kindred flavor. I am happy to taste and devour them every day. Through this connection, albeit via an enormous intangible technology, I rejoice in it and therefore you live in me. And I hope that somehow I too live in you. If I know nothing else, I know that I am femme.

Femme I am.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #164
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation

I am a femme who is independent.. I handle a very stressful job and many people… I travel a lot for it and do a lot of multi-tasking.
I handle most things in my life and deal with things as they come because that is expected of me.…
That being said…
At home in the bedroom….
I am a femme who wants to curl up with my lover and be held caressed and loved….
I want all the power given to hym and want to feel the way I can’t outside of that room… The rest of the world is to go away and this is the only place I want to be in…
I love to listen to the voice feeling the breath on my neck, strong arms holding me close and feel myself falling in love all over again…
I guess I want what I can’t have outside for all of the hard work and stress that goes with the day to day tasks….
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #165
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
i'm the femme that is both strangely drawn to and doesn't know what to write in forums like this one. so i type and delete and type and delete and type and delete because everything i write seems trite, falsely humble or blatantly self-serving.

the most honest thing i can come up with is that i'm the kind of femme that wants to feel safe and is tired of nodding her head when other people say "that feeling comes from inside of you, not outside of you". to those people i can only nod in logical agreement and say "thankyousoveryfuckoffmuch."

i'm the kind of femme that does one helluva lot wrong and maybe a little bit right and i hafta hang on to that little bit right because it makes me feel like rehabilitation might be possible. one day, with luck and some divine grace, i'll make a full recovery into realgrownuphumanbeinghood.

i'm the kind of femme with a lot of mouth and not too many brains but the brains i have work just fine so you can stop trying to dazzle me with your bull and your ridiculous excuses because i've heard them all and from smoother than you. i'm a sucker for charm and a fool for love and i may not hang around for a second helping of damnthishurtslikecrazy but i also don't just turn love off when the spit hits the spinny propeller thingy, so no matter where we end up neither one of us will be alone because i'm here for both of us until one of us is dead.

i'm the directionless femme that drags her raggletaggle girlfaith north, east and west when life is going south. i can mcgyver together some hope with a piece gum, a dozen broken promises, a sappy romance movie, two sticks and a dead bee. call me stupid. call me naive. just don't call me a taxi because i'll leave when i'm damn well ready and not a minute before. and before i go i'll beat that dead relationship horse until it gets up and walks again just to get away from me. and when you shake your head and say "you're crazy! let it go" i'll say "yup that's me, what of it? how am i hurting you by giving things another shot?" i'd rather give that dead horse a couple of kicks than lose the race because i didn't try.

i'm the kind of femme who misses out on connection because she hides her feelings from and refuses to show vulnerability to just anyone and the next person she does show it to better damn well cherish it or they can collect their ass at the door because i'm gonna hand it to them whenever i feel like it.

i'm the kind of femme that has grown into subtle wariness, becoming (unwillingly) harder on the outside because the inside of me refuses to be exposed to one more person who won't cherish and protect the genuinly warm girl that i am.

i'm the femme who pretends things are fine because people don't like to make room for them not to be. i lie and dissimulate in order to survive the ego responses of others and and i make no pretense about it anymore. everyone does it. i'm just the only person i know who's got the stones to admit it.
Dear Nomad,
Your honesty astounds me. I want to hug you for it, I want to be more like you. Thank you.
~Bleu
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #166
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
i am deeply moved by this thread and also terrified to post in here.

i am a femme shark. i am a mixed indigenous queer crip (disabled) femme. i am passionate about decolonizing femme and claiming femininity as a way of liberating myself so that i can work to transform my community. i celebrate queer disabled fat indigenous femme hotness. i break down normative desirability with my body and my breath.

i am a polyamorous femme with a huge heart. i am kind, loving, and warm to just about everyone i meet. i am the one people rely on for a ready smile and a hug. it is easy for me to love people, and i love hard. when i love you i love you to wholeness.

don't mistake my kindness for weakness. i am strong. physically i might not look like much but fuck with people i love and me and my tiny, ineffectual fists will fuck you up. i am dangerous precisely because i have survived so much and i am not afraid to die.

sometimes i am afraid to live, though. i live with ptsd and anxiety that sometimes scares me into silence and inaction. i do my best to have the courage to move forward with my life anyway.

i talk a lot of shit but i'm a femme teddy bear at heart.

i'm an empathic femme. i am hypersensitive to the needs and energies of people around me, and because of this and trauma, i am very conflict avoidant. sometimes it's a curse. sometimes it's a blessing - i would rather communicate through difficulty and change whatever is causing a problem than fight about it.

in my community i am a femme who holds shit down, hooks shit up, and makes shit happen. i dream transformation into being, bring people together, and make possible what people believed was impossible, one moment at a time. i can hold many sometimes contradicting visions at once. i am an educator and a facilitator.

i am a deeply religious and deeply spiritual femme. to me they are intertwined, as are my faith and my social justice work. together they form the reason i get up in the morning (or afternoon, depending on the day).

i am a stone femme. i am a sex worker. stone for me means that my work gives me emotional boundaries around sex...sometimes physical ones, too, depending on the situation. being stone is what allows my empathic, overly expressive femme self to work effectively. it is the only area of my life in which i compartmentalize.

i'm a baby girl and a submissive femme who loves to strap it on and top from time to time. i'm kinky as hell in bed but there's a special place in my heart for sweet vanilla sex. and i consider blow jobs an art form.

i am a sister and an auntie. i cannot be anyone's biological mother but in my community "ma" or "mama" is a term of respect and endearment and it means so much when people call me that. i am an orphan.

i'm a pajama femme. i am the sexiest jeans and t-shirt femme you'll ever meet. this is out of necessity for survival, but i'm beginning to embrace it, even if it makes me feel like an ugly duckling femme sometimes.

i am a homeless, rootless, and family-less femme who is creating home, community, and family for myself. i value what i know of where i come from and i trust that i am whole despite the gaps in my memory and history.
from what little I know about you, here and on facebook I think you are awesome. I hope one day to meet you
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #167
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am so many things. Femme is just one of them. I am loyal as hell until you violate my trust and then I cut you off. I am honest and down to earth but at the same time complex. Some may find me aloof even flippant but i always know what I want and what I need.

I am very family oriented. I put my family first. I need lots of space.

I am a true alpha female. I love and need control but I also take care of those who take care of me.

I am capable, independent and very strong. I am at my best when pursing my goals and wild horse can't keep me from what I want. I am stubborn and determined. Sometimes I get those confused. lol I don't give up but know when i am defeated. I am strong enough emotionally to know when I am defeated.

I am deeply committed to the things I believe in. Food safety, animal rights, conservation and more. I donate my time and money to these things and I believe its my calling. I am passionate about these things.

I am open-minded. Not just sexually but all aspects of life. I don't like rules.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #168
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I'm the invisible femme lost in the crowd......I'll lock eyes with my sisters and smile, but mostly I'm invisible....

Today, my strong self is silent, I need to be cared FOR today, I need that strong shoulder to catch my tears, those beautiful, strong hands that I love to smooth my hair, I need my butch today
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 09-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #169
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i love this thread, i was just reading back and even though my last post was a couple of years ago.. alllll the way back on page 6, i still feel the same way, only i feel i am an even stronger femme now.

i'm still just me.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #170
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PlayfulFemme View Post
I am emotion and elements. I love fully, I give freely, I think broadly, I share honestly, I live openly.
I am a gentle rain on a quiet afternoon, I am the sunshine in the midst of a tornado, I am the tornado itself...my energy whirling about. I am the wind, blowing your hair, a gentle caress. I am the thunder when those I love (including myself) are hurt by you. I am the ocean, beating the shore, and each wave you ride with me will bring new beauty to the earth...if only for a passing second. I am the silence in the middle of the night.

When you are wrapped in me, you are safe and loved, but free.

I am safety and security, love and laughter. I am fun times and free smiles. I am a good friend, a great listener, and an amazing wordsmith when inspiration strikes. I am a Muse, and I have many Muses of my own. I am a painter, a creator, a photographer, a student, a teacher.

I am sex and sexuality. I am a writer of erotica. I am lacy bras and matching panties. I am thigh high panty hose and garter belts. I am raw sex. I am fast pulses, shallow breaths, low moans and moistness. I am cleavage and bedroom eyes. I am long, natural red fingernails leaving trails along your back. I am roses & champagne and I am leather & lace. I am soft, gentle touches and I am bites & claw marks. I am sweet kisses and I am throw me against the wall and fuck me hard.

I am comfortable in a dress and high heels or blue jeans and a t-shirt. I am fancy lingerie or sweat pants and a tank top. I am make-up and intricate hair styles or a hair-clip and not a touch of anything on my face except a smile. I am complicatedly simple. I am the illusion of high-maintenance, and the reality of simplicity. I am fulfilled by nature and Mother Earth.

I am an animal rescuer and lover. I am screaming because of a spider, but I am also able to kill the spider myself. (Most of the time!) I am "Let's take it outside and set it free" as long as it isn't going to bite me on the way there. (at that point, I'm kill or be killed!)

I am music. I am rhythm. Music lives in me and I live through music. I am soul dances and slow dances. I am body swaying, connecting. I am Pink and Melissa Etheridge blowing the speakers, and I am Norah Jones singing a peaceful melody. I am oldies, classic rock, pop, country, hard rock, and love songs. I am singing off-tune and loving every minute of it!

I am living, breathing, existing in and of nature. The ocean fills me and fulfills me. My soul takes flight and I am happy.

I am a healer and an Empath. I am healing. I am strong. I am vulnerable. I am a slow Tuesday morning, and a hectic Friday night.

I am an organizer who sometimes can't seem to get a running start. I am logic embattling emotion.

I am the first one there when a cry goes out, the last one to leave when the dust has settled.

I won't just come to the party, I'll help you cook & clean for it, and stay after to clean up.

I am mother, nurturer, lover, giver, child, sister, friend. I am sweet and innocent, and I am anything but innocent.

I am Sagittarius. I am fire. I am passion. I am lust. I am love.

I am brave in the face of danger, and I am scared of the dark.

I am an optimist and I choose to see the good in people and the world around me. My dark places are very dark. I am playful and always ready to try something new.

I am seductive and I like to be seduced.

I am warm cookies fresh out of the oven and I am a cold glass of iced tea on a summer's day.

I am effort and I am Lazy Sunday afternoons.

I am butterflies in the middle of a field covered with snow. I am a burst of light in the darkness. I am color in the midst of a black and white photo.

I am perfect imperfections. I am worth the time it takes to get to see my soul. I am confident and I am insecure. I am outgoing and I am shy. I am a world of apparent contradictions, that all feed each other perfectly.
Re-posting this as a reminder to myself

Whatever you fear most has no power. It is your fear that holds the power.
-Oprah Winfrey
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #171
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

I have read a few posts in this forum, and, finally decided to try to share my story..
I have always had a very hard time feeling or thinking of myself as a Femme.. even tho that is what i truly wanted to be..
I was born 10 lbs 7 oz. and was the baby and only girl out of 3 kids. My brothers are 2 and 3 yrs older than me. I was not one of the spoiled lil girls that a lot of people know about, i did without a lot of things that my brothers were privileged to get.. My oldest brother always did Karate, my other brother was in Football, but when it got time for me to join dance or gymnastics, there never was enough money. I grew up watching my mom get a new dress every week, while us kids got new school clothes from K-Mart, once a year.
Due to my size,( i was skinny from ages 1-5 and then again between 15 and 16) but the majority of my life i was heavy set), i never got to have the pretty lil dresses or skirts like my mom did.. most of the time i had to wear my brothers hand me downs. I would see the other girls at school wearing the latest fashions and trend setters, while i was inwardly drooling over them, i was outwardly shunned and cast away, never made to feel "pretty".
I had a few dresses for church, but i was told that if i wore them i could not go out and play or wrestle with my brothers, but sit like a lady, and that got boring.
I was raised in a strict Pentecostal home, where they honestly believe that homosexuals are demon possessed and need to be delivered.. thus the reason why i stayed in the closet most of my life. I went thru the motions of getting married.. more than once.. having my kids, trying to live "right" all the while never feeling comfortable and knowing there was another way for me.
I never really had many friends that were girls growing up, so i never did the makeup and hair thing.. i didn't know how and my mom was too much into herself to see that she had a daughter who needed her.
In my last marriage, i gained a heck of a lot of weight.. mainly due to my ex not wanting me to be flirted with and also having a sit down job for almost 6 yrs.. but i had pretty clothes.. a few dresses, feminine blouses, etc.. When i finally had the nerve to leave that very abusive marriage, and got a job at Walmart as a cashier and got active.. i kid you not.. i dropped 8 pant sizes in less than 6 months. That was wonderful!! None of my clothes fit anymore! Only problem was, i had no clothes to replace all the too big for me clothes, and definitely did not have the same income i did before.. so i had to settle with what i could find.
I finally came out of the closet in May of 2009. Moved away from Illinois and moved to Oklahoma/Arkansas area. Met some gay people and started going to the first and only gay bar i have ever been to. i was still trying to figure myself out, so i started dressing like a soft butch.. but not really feeling comfortable.
I still had/have this stigma about myself that i am not feminine enough.. i don't look sexy enough, i don't know how to even begin to be sexy..
Ethan will say otherwise.. and i thank Him for that. but.. i have never ever been really accepted by women and never had close women friends who could show me how to do my makeup, or what to or not to wear.. sighs..
I first found the other BF site back in late May 2009, and thought it was awesome being able to be a part of so many awesome people.. when it.. well.. i felt lost.. then i discovered the Planet.. and for quite a while i would just observe.. cause i was worried i would not be accepted for whatever reason... like most things in my life.. and i just hid.
Today, i don't hide so much anymore.. i am starting to branch out more..
I know that i am a Femme.. i am not always in dresses and heels and do not always wear makeup.. but i am Femme..
i just wish i knew what it felt like to be sexy.. Never have i thought that i could be sexy and be heavy at the same time.. and since i do not think i will ever see skinny again.. maybe there is hope for me to be the other? shrugs..

I know i have went way left field and back again a few times in my story.. and for that i apologize.. sometimes i get alittle carried away.
i am still searching inside to find the true and real Debbie.. and.. maybe someday i will find her. But i do know one thing about her.. she is Femme
Old 11-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #172
Mistress

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Looking for someone special

Mistress is on a distinguished road
Wink Stem

[I am what they call a"Stem". I CAN BE EITHER STUD OR FEMME. I LIKE BEING VERY PLAYFUL AND SENSUAL AND SEXUAL AND BEING SUBMISSIVE. IN THE BEDROOM WHEN NEEDED. I CAN BE THE WIFEY TYPE AND TAKE CARE OF HOME AND THE KIDS AND RUB YOU DOWN AFTER A LONG DAY AT WORK. THEN AGAN I CAN WEAR THE PANTS AND TAKE CARE OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FOR THE WOMAN IN MY LIFE. NO QUESTIONS ASKED
Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mistress For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #173
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I'm an old fashioned, old school femme who loves OFOS Butches. I love having doors opened for me, being helped with my coat, etc.

More Suzy Homemaker than June Cleaver, I am a nurturer. Fixing and serving a nice meal and watching people enjoy it makes me a happy femme.

While the outward appearance doesn't define femme, I love all girly things. Pretty clothes, make up, manicured nails, my curls, light perfume, jewelry...I am no less femme in jeans, a t-shirt and sneakers.

I've got a bit of a tomboy streak - the result of being the only girl of 4 kids.

There's also a babygrrl component to me.

Still, I am independent and can take care of myself. Someone recently called me resilient and that made me smile. I'd never thought of myself that way but it's true.

There's more but now it's time to get ready for work. So I'll finish this later...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #174
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
I have read a few posts in this forum, and, finally decided to try to share my story..
I have always had a very hard time feeling or thinking of myself as a Femme.. even tho that is what i truly wanted to be..

I know i have went way left field and back again a few times in my story.. and for that i apologize.. sometimes i get alittle carried away.
i am still searching inside to find the true and real Debbie.. and.. maybe someday i will find her. But i do know one thing about her.. she is Femme
Please don't apologise for telling your story. I could relate to several things that you wrote and I'm sure other's will too. When I've had something to eat, I'll share as well. Until then, you're femme and isn't that real enough?

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #175
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

just wanted to thank everyone for their acceptance. I never in my life have found a place that felt more like home than the Planet. Y'all are showing me that it does not matter my size, I can ..still be pretty.. Still not at the sexy thing yet.. But maybe one day lol
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #176
kissinfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Footloose & fancy free

Thanked 1,112 Times in 164 Posts
kissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputationkissinfemme Has the BEST Reputation

To all my femme sisters: I love you, you ROCK & I'm proud to be counted among you, thank you for sharing all that you are!

To me my femme self is mulit-faceted, mulit-dimensional, fascinating, ever evolving, quite simply rockin' awesome & unique to me.

I've been victimized but I am not a fucking victim, I am not only a survivor I am a WARRIOR. My heart has been broken into a thousand pieces, multiple times yet here I stand before you, naked & bruised, ready & willingly to offer it up once again.

I am FIERCE, flawed, sensitive, have trust issues, can & will love you with amazing consequences, not sure I believe in a "soul mate", easily bored, must be challenged & stimulated (intellectually & otherwise). I am the voice of others who have none, I will stand up & fight, I have your back, accept you unconditionally in all your beautiful imperfection. I am a leader, not a follower. I have anxiety issues. I am a work-aholic, I adore lazy days in bed. I desire, I love the old, the vintage, the antique, the story of it all. I have a restless spirit. I'm a beautiful soul, your parents will love me, your friends will like me, you will crave me. I can talk to anybody, fit in anywhere, but am extremely selective in who I allow in my life. I'm competitive, ambitious, kind, supportive & genuine. I'm shy, bold & unafraid to speak my mind but will do so with all the gentleness you deserve. Defintely in need of being "handled" at times. Often underestimated. Bring the sunshine, make me laugh every day & I'm yours.

I am soft, territorial, selfish, warm, giving, hot sex-kitten, Betty Crocker, Suzy Homemaker, cheerleader, craver & worshiper of all your butchness, lover, loving, nurturing, whore, adventurous, homebody, tattooed, submissive bottom, strong minded/willed, extremely independent, but I need & crave stability/security. I want to be taken care of yet I will fight it kicking & screaming but I will "let" you, you can't tell me what to do but I want/need to please you. I am a one woman type of girl, I give as good as I get or better. I hate shoe shopping. I have a purse to go with every imaginable outfit. I wear make-up, every day. I prefer action flicks over chick flicks, I cry easily. I am wicked smart with an equally wicked sense of humor. I will give my all, until I can't. Keep up.

I am not only a woman, I am FEMME & oh so much more than that.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #177
Sarafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married but confused

Sarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST ReputationSarafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Newbie femme

I am a new femme and an old-soul femme. What I mean by this is that, a mere few months ago, I finally embraced the only gender identity that has ever felt true to me: Femme.

I recently came out to myself. Right now I'm calling myself a 'bisexual femme,' but my primary emotional and physical attraction has always been to women, though I have not yet had a sexual experience with a woman. I was too frightened by the notion that I could be bi or lesbian (I first admitted this possibility to myself over 10 years ago, while in college, after many, many unrequited crushes). Instead, I stuffed those feelings down and figured I just hadn't met the right man.

Finally, I did meet a man, and was swept off of my feet in a whirlwind courtship. Yet, the entire time, a part of me felt like I was acting a role. I have been married, mostly unhappily, going on seven years. We are in counseling; we are struggling; I am both in mourning for my lost (seemingly straight) self, for not being able to fulfill his needs, and also scared and elated at finally finding out what feels gloriously 'right', at last.

By 'old-soul femme,' I mean to say that I have always known this about myself, instinctively, but was in extreme denial for most of my life. My battles have been internal: Warring with myself for what is expected of me as a feminine-acting-and-appearing woman and all the while feeling horribly deficient in that reality in some deep way that I couldn't (or wouldn't) define.

I just joined this forum tonight. I am staying up late, obsessively reading and learning. You are all incredibly interesting and I really hope to make some friends on this forum. Even though I have only recently accepted my feelings for women generally and my identity as 'femme' specifically, I hope to keep engaging and learning on from all of you.
Sarafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #178
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Today, I'm the princess, I need to be served But, I have to go have the oil changed in my truck. Yep, this princess drives a truck
Old 11-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #179
sweetee

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey sweet thang
Relationship Status:
very single

sweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputationsweetee Has the BEST Reputation

I am a true southern femme...im a big girl (i find alot of bois dont like us big girls)I love being outside but i love my makeup,lip gloss and my toes painted,i am easy going wear my heart on my sleeve.I cry over sappy movies and love strays of all kinds .Im fiercely loyal to my family and friends...and when i fall ...i fall hard and fast...(that gets me in in trouble)love amimals and my 3year old grand daughter is the love of my life...she call me moi-me and is the closest thing to heaven there is...Im a simple gal i enjoy giving more than receiving and I am the best southern cook since Paula Dean i am above all else ...just a girl
Old 12-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #180
Sev

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Sev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST ReputationSev Has the BEST Reputation

I am a Virgo Femme,

I like Pink

I like Fairies

I wear make-up

I am proud

I like high heels

I can change a flat Tyre without breaking a nail

I may be all Femme but I also wear the pants

I am my own electrician, plumber, and hell I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty

I am independent, bossy and a little miss-know-it all ( that must be Virgo trait)

AND

I want doors opened for me, I demand respect and I want all the attention a Femme can get.

Thank you