Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 02-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #2381
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

Please let me know what this book is like. I also love her books.
Tipping the velvet and the Fingersmith were wonderful.
And if you have read anymore, let me know if they are worth buying on paperback or kindle.
Thanks
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #2382
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

Last week I finished reading a book I utterly loved.
Its called Carol and its by Patricia Highsmith
This is basically a story about 2 women who fall in love.
But the era they live in poses some difficulties.
You may find it a bit slow going to begin with, but please stick with it.
If your a romantic at heart it will have you hooked when things start to form.
Please take a chance on this book.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2015, 08:19 AM   #2383
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still picking up and attempting to finish The Hour I First Believed, if simply because Wally Lamb is one of my favorite authors. However, this book has so far thrown a big wet blanket of doom on even the best of moods. I certainly hope there is something redeeming further in the pages. Read with caution and a Disney Movie nearby for the after effects.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #2384
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I’m definitely not yours.

Thanked 32,061 Times in 9,971 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

March is almost here and I can hardly wait to read Erik Larsson's latest book, "Dead Wake."

Like most all of his previous non-fiction accounts of history, the story about the sinking of USS Lusitania looks very promising, in expanding other facts of little-to-widely known historical facets, which i imagine will be a welcome breath of fresh air.

Two to three weeks and counting!

Can hardly wait.

Seems like it has been ages since I had any decent reading material.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #2385
Humanesque

How Do You Identify?:
Human and approachable.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Human
Relationship Status:
Siri answered the question! Eating Shark Soup and laughing to the bank!

Location: Right where I am supposed to be on the Hill in the arms of friends,family my loved ones. California
Humanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST ReputationHumanesque Has the BEST Reputation

The art of war. For All Business Intense purposes.

Eth Aryan Bridge

Last edited by Humanesque; 02-15-2015 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Add on
Humanesque is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Humanesque For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #2386
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

On book two of this series:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Rest-Falls-Gardella-Vampire-Hunters-ebook/dp/B00NMVLLMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424222033&sr=8-1&keywords=gardella+vampire+series"]Amazon.com: The Rest Falls Away (The Gardella Vampire Hunters: Victoria Book 1) eBook: Colleen Gleason: Kindle Store[/ame]

80% through Stephen King's "Revival" on my Kindle, and a few pages into a book that was loaned to me.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #2387
GraffitiBoi

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
Playing around and having fun

Thanked 3,663 Times in 824 Posts
GraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST ReputationGraffitiBoi Has the BEST Reputation

One of my friends just had her second book published. Sacrificial Lamb Cake. So I'm reading that.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sacrificial-Lamb-Cake-Katrina-Monroe/dp/1940215420/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424223190&sr=1-2&keywords=sacrificial+lamb+cake"]http://www.amazon.com/Sacrificial-Lamb-Cake-Katrina-Monroe/dp/1940215420/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424223190&sr=1-2&keywords=sacrificial+lamb+cake[/ame]
GraffitiBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:38 PM   #2388
FemmeBibliophile

How Do You Identify?:
i no longer do
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
null and void

Thanked 1,442 Times in 337 Posts
FemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST ReputationFemmeBibliophile Has the BEST Reputation

The person above me gave me a very interesting little book to read called: Topping From Below... Gonna read that next.
FemmeBibliophile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FemmeBibliophile For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #2389
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished the Ascension Series by SM Reine and now moving on to Witch Hunt by the same author someone got me hooked on them lol
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:54 PM   #2390
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemmeBibliophile View Post
The person above me gave me a very interesting little book to read called: Topping From Below... Gonna read that next.
I read that book a decade ago, and it haunts me still. There are some facts about animal penises I just don't need to know. Gack!
Old 02-17-2015, 09:01 PM   #2391
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post
I read that book a decade ago, and it haunts me still. There are some facts about animal penises I just don't need to know. Gack!
Read the book many years ago and I agree....I could have certainly done without the "fun" animal facts!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 10:08 PM   #2392
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

My Daughter is reading Grapes of Wrath.. Next she wants to read Uncle Tom's Cabin and then of Mice and Men... she is 11 ...

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #2393
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
My Daughter is reading Grapes of Wrath.. Next she wants to read Uncle Tom's Cabin and then of Mice and Men... she is 11 ...
Hook 'em while they're young
Old 02-17-2015, 10:40 PM   #2394
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

this semester I have English again (comp 2) and so my recreational reading has come to a small halt. However, I am looking for a new potential series. My current author that i'm fixated on (I've read all her books) doesn't come out with the next book in he series until august.... AUGUST!!!!! ugghhh..

I'm thinking I may hit up the Patricia Cornwell section of my home library. Scarpetta Novels, here I come!
Old 02-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #2395
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin View Post
Hook 'em while they're young

She has always loved to read as do I She actually reads to the kindergarten class at her school not that I am a proud parent or anything

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #2396
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,592 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I am reading an advance copy of The Millionaire and the Bard: Henry Folger's Obsessive Hunt for Shakespeare's First Folio because i have been assigned to review it for Library Journal

Also Trilby by George du Maurier because my professor assigned it

Also Baudelaire, Prince of Clouds: A biography because I have to write a paper

Also The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson because Fantasy is all I read when i am allowed to choose for myself!!!
Old 02-24-2015, 07:07 AM   #2397
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Reading numerous horror-genre scripts for possible one act plays to use in an upcoming production. Creeping myself out.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #2398
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I'm slowly working my way through Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R. R. Martin.

I'm also reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown for an online book club I'm in.

And then I'm reading Lionheart by Sharon Kay Penman just because.

Though lately I feel like I haven't made progress on any of them.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:42 AM   #2399
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

The King Must Die by Mary Renault

I read all her historical fiction years ago, but one advantage of getting old is you forget what you read long and can read all the good stuff again. It's set in Ancient Greece. Male homosexuality is presented in a non-judgemental light. Renault was, in fact, a lesbian. She got some shit for not being all rah rah about "gay liberation." And the goddesses and matriarchal societies are not depicted in a flattering light. But I don't care. I love ancient Greece, and these are so good.

Some gay men of my generation and older used to talk about these books as the first things they ever read in which gay relationships weren't tragic or pathologized. Anyway, I like them.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:47 AM   #2400
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Currently Priceless by Shannon Mayer and also another series Celtic Legacy by the same author. Also the Tarot Witches series by SM Reine

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading