Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #101
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Okay back at home now. The radiologist and technician at Emory University Hospital were awesome!!!!!! They knew exactly what they were doing and had humor too. It was not comfortable; it lasted 45 min and I am in a bit of pain. Thanks for Vicodin! They were not able to get all the lesion but did successfully get five core specimens and place a titanium marker. Now we wait till Tuesday or Wed for the results. I am glad it is over!
Kat - Do keep us posted.
They will have your results that quick? My biopsies always took 7 days... Which were the longest 7 days of my life.

Hard to get all the lesion with a stereotactic. I also have cluster calcifications - which are watched closely. It is these calcifications which my Mom had, that were malignant. Amazing something so small.

I am glad it is over for you.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2010, 06:21 PM   #102
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Okay back at home now. The radiologist and technician at Emory University Hospital were awesome!!!!!! They knew exactly what they were doing and had humor too. It was not comfortable; it lasted 45 min and I am in a bit of pain. Thanks for Vicodin! They were not able to get all the lesion but did successfully get five core specimens and place a titanium marker. Now we wait till Tuesday or Wed for the results. I am glad it is over!
Sending you hugs....I know this had to be incredibly tough, but I'm still so glad they caught this early, and that you're getting it taken care of.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #103
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
thought i'd pop in and let everyione know Jo went in to get results from her follow up mammo and all is well...i went in after her to get results and seems they found a mass on both breasts so i gotta go thurs for another mammogram...not too worried tho bc i know things start to form after awhile that arent dangerous...of course i have 3 weeks to wait AFTER i do the test tho for results....luckily i am the type that gets sidetracked easily so i wont be driving myself or my sweetie insane in those 3 weeks..

Kat....Jo and i will be sending good energy your way on thursday...good luck!
Yes, I lucked out....no lesion, no mass, just some fibrous tissue. So, I get a follow up mammo and ultrasound in 6 months....and will have to be sure to go annually. I feel like I dodged a bullet

Now I get to worry about my sweetie....she may sidetrack easily, but I'm
Old 11-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #104
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Yes, I lucked out....no lesion, no mass, just some fibrous tissue. So, I get a follow up mammo and ultrasound in 6 months....and will have to be sure to go annually. I feel like I dodged a bullet

Good luck to Scoote I will be thinking about her, and glad to hear that it is nothing for you Jo. I go to have my mammo in Dec 2010 they couldn't fit me in any earlier well it is the NY area so I understand that there are a lot of people needing a mammography I'm not the only one but really not looking forward to it..
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #105
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Wishing you all good results, good continued results and congrats for taking the bull by the horn and getting those mammos. For all of us who have lost loved ones to this disease; my most heartfelt condolences. I also lost mom to this terrible disease but it was 28 yrs ago she was diagnosed and she lived for just three more years.

During this time since Oct. 20th, it has caused me a great deal of thinking. But the most surprising thing is that I have been greiving all over again about my mom. I know if she knew that one of her daughters was possibly facing breast cancer she would be mad as hell! I feel sad for all over again, after now tasting a tiny part of what she experienced.

I will never look at Breast Cancer lightly again and will encourage every woman and born woman I know to take good care of themselves by self examination, yearly check ups and mammo exams. I started already with my two daughters asking them to get the BRACtest. Better to know about the gene in order to make life changes now! One daughter is 41 and the other is 38; three sisters 59, 48 and the youngest 46. And two granddaughters 15 and 8.

I was surprised to learn that only about 8% of breast cancer (or some low number close to that) is hereditary. BRACtest also finds the gene for ovarian cancer which really is a silent killer!!!

Hugs and love to all on this thread!!!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #106
nicetgurl_30

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

nicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputationnicetgurl_30 Has the BEST Reputation
Default scare

I have never really given any thought to cancer, until my mother rec'v her diagnosis. About 2 years ago. And I about 5mths ago had breast reduction and while operating they found mass, I was very lucky. So tell a fellow sister to get check
nicetgurl_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nicetgurl_30 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #107
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I am so happy you are ok!!! And sorry about your mom dealing with this terrible disease!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #108
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

I just talked to the nurse. It is benign!!! Fiborus adenoma is the diagnosis which will require a mammogram every six months indefinitely!
What a relief! I want to say a special thank you for everyone who offered support and love and an extra special thanks to the people who sent support and love through private messages. All of this has sustained me through this five week ordeal. Now I can be just a regular member here!!! Yeah!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #109
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
I just talked to the nurse. It is benign!!! Fiborus adenoma is the diagnosis which will require a mammogram every six months indefinitely!
What a relief! I want to say a special thank you for everyone who offered support and love and an extra special thanks to the people who sent support and love through private messages. All of this has sustained me through this five week ordeal. Now I can be just a regular member here!!! Yeah!
Wooooo hooooooo!
That's wonderful news, and I'm so happy for you.
Looks like you, me and Scoote will all be doing that 6 month thing, but it's a heck of a lot better than the alternative.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #110
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

It sure is Jo! And the three of us can remind each other six months from now "well are you going to make that appointment in May? Thanks so much for all the support and love!!!
Quote:
Wooooo hooooooo!
Looks like you, me and Scoote will all be doing that 6 month thing, but it's a heck of a lot better than the alternative.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #111
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
It sure is Jo! And the three of us can remind each other six months from now "well are you going to make that appointment in May? Thanks so much for all the support and love!!!
Sounds like a plan! And thank you to you too. I'm glad it's turned out well for all of us.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #112
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
[COLOR="Purple"]It sure is Jo! And the three of us can remind each other six months from now "well are you going to make that appointment in May? COLOR]

i'm good at remembering things for like a day and a half.....or yrs ago....just so yanno!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #113
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

I came just to check this out! I'm sooooo happy for you!!!
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #114
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Togetherness.

Glad we all came together to get it done.

So, taking good care of each other, even if an electronic click away is some kinda kewl love.

6 months and

annual check-ups.

Hmmmm that's just about Tax Time. So, shall we calender it now.

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2010, 01:55 AM   #115
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

One word. Yes!!!!! Tommi, you are such an awesome person. To care about strangers this way!!!! The world could use a few billion like you!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #116
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Six Month...Umm. I had my checkup for that other kinda cancer may 15

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Wooooo hooooooo!
Quote:
Quote:
Sounds like a plan! And thank you to you too. I'm glad it's turned out well for all of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
i'm good at remembering things for like a day and a half.....or yrs ago....just so yanno!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Glad we all came together to get it done.

So, taking good care of each other, even if an electronic click away is some kinda kewl love.

6 months and

annual check-ups.

Hmmmm that's just about Tax Time. So, shall we calender it now.

6 months. My how time flies.

Just saying Hi to Ya'all
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #117
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
6 months. My how time flies.

Just saying Hi to Ya'all
Which reminds me....it's time to schedule my follow-up.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 AM   #118
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Okay....so it's not Breast Cancer Awareness Month because I'm a month late...but I'm heading in today for my mammogram (and an ultrasound on that pesky right side)...and wanted to give this thread a bump.

If you haven't had your mammogram yet this year...please call and schedule it now.

We want to keep all of you around for as long as we can.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #119
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

My apartment complex has a steady supply of breast cancer awareness merchandise that they sell and the profits go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

I bought a tote.

Now, ya'll go get your boobs checked!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #120
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

It's that time of year again....breast cancer awareness month.

My annual is coming up soon, and I remember the trepidation I felt two years ago when it came back "abnormal."

Femme, butch, trans....we all owe it to ourselves and those we love to have regular screenings. Believe me, I hate it as much as anyone....but it's important.

Please take a moment and make your appointment today. If you don't have insurance, please check with your local Planned Parenthood office or local Department of Health. There are lots of programs that cover mammograms for uninsured women...there may be one in your area.