Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Let's Get Healthy in 2010!

Im starting my New Year's Resolutions early this year and inviting all of you to come along for the ride.
I generally don't make resolutions but every so often I do redo a list of goals for myself. The last few months, I have felt a gentle tug toward putting more energy into getting healthy (er) in 2010.

Getting healthy isnt just about weight either. Sometimes it's about breaking bad habits or working toward a new mindset. No matter what healthy looks like to you, let's work together to support each other!

My personal goals for health in 2010:

* Lose some weight - This isnt for vanity reasons because, HELLO, I'm a FINE-ASS woman just the way I am but my knees are QUITE pissed off at me every time I have to climb stairs or walk more than 2 miles so I plan to work on trimming down enough to be more mobile.

* Cut out the sodas - I drink an unhealthy amount of sodas. I admit it, Im a Coke-a-holic. Like maybe a 6-pack a day. YIKES. I want to work toward trimming out the sodas and drinking a LOT more water.

* Movement - Im going to dust off my exercise bike and actually USE it. I also would like to start doing more outdoor activities like hiking, swimming, etc. Even walking the dog can be good exercise and getting some fresh air is good for the soul.

* Paring down - "Healthy" to me is also having a healthy house. I want to focus on getting rid of the rest of the clutter, unpacking the rest of the crap in the garage, and making order out of chaos in the office.

* Healthy boundaries - I want to continue to focus on making healthy boundaries with toxic situations and people. I did GREAT with that in 2009 and want to continue that progress into 2010.

* Conscious Living - I want to continue to live consciously in 2010. I want to continue making good choices around reusing, recycling, and leaving a better footprint. I want to put more focus on gardening, home crafting like quilting and canning (Im a closet grandma), and moving away from using excess to just what I need.

Let's talk! What are your health goals for 2010?!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Already??? *groan*

I really want to do some of this stuff..but I'm really ........not feeling like it..LOL

The main thing I want is to quit smoking..we'll see.
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Well I have already started being heathier. I figure that if you can do it now, during the holidays, that you can make it through pretty much anything.

So I want to continue

*On my vegetarian/vegan path
*No sodas
*Exercising
*Doing what's best for me
*Saving up to go back to school

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

I, too, want to get healthier in 2010! I have a hard time sticking to "resolutions", so I refer to them as lifestyle changes!

*I bought a stair stepper that I have been using 3x a week already.

*I am going to cut down on the beer consumption...though I don't drink near as often as a lot of people might think.

*Once the weather warms up a tad (where it doesn't burn my lungs to breath in the ice cold air), I will get back to training for a 5k.

*I need to walk my boxer puppy more often....SHE needs it to wear out, I need it for the excercise.

*I am going to start journaling and getting a lot of the stuff off of my mind and onto paper to keep my head clear.

*I will be just as, if not more of a positive thinker....it seems to make quite a difference in my life.

*I would like to get a part time job and get healthier on the financial side of things too!

My life is fantastic..I am very blessed to have what I do, (especially given the financial state of my family business and having to cut out a lot of things from my life)...I just need to fine tune some things to make it even better!

Attitude is EVERYTHING!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #5
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Im starting my New Year's Resolutions early this year and inviting all of you to come along for the ride.
I generally don't make resolutions but every so often I do redo a list of goals for myself. The last few months, I have felt a gentle tug toward putting more energy into getting healthy (er) in 2010.

Getting healthy isnt just about weight either. Sometimes it's about breaking bad habits or working toward a new mindset. No matter what healthy looks like to you, let's work together to support each other!

* Lose some weight - This isnt for vanity reasons because, HELLO, I'm a FINE-ASS woman just the way I am but my knees are QUITE pissed off at me every time I have to climb stairs or walk more than 2 miles so I plan to work on trimming down enough to be more mobile.

* Cut out the sodas - I drink an unhealthy amount of sodas. I admit it, Im a Coke-a-holic. Like maybe a 6-pack a day. YIKES. I want to work toward trimming out the sodas and drinking a LOT more water.

* Movement - Im going to dust off my exercise bike and actually USE it. I also would like to start doing more outdoor activities like hiking, swimming, etc. Even walking the dog can be good exercise and getting some fresh air is good for the soul.

* Paring down - "Healthy" to me is also having a healthy house. I want to focus on getting rid of the rest of the clutter, unpacking the rest of the crap in the garage, and making order out of chaos in the office.

* Healthy boundaries - I want to continue to focus on making healthy boundaries with toxic situations and people. I did GREAT with that in 2009 and want to continue that progress into 2010.

* Conscious Living - I want to continue to live consciously in 2010. I want to continue making good choices around reusing, recycling, and leaving a better footprint. I want to put more focus on gardening, home crafting like quilting and canning (Im a closet grandma), and moving away from using excess to just what I need.

What an inspiration!!! Thank You, Medusa!!!
So I'm going to use Your points here as a guide for myself....thanks!

~Lose some weight -- I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I have fooled myself into believing that this is ok. It hasn't affected my knees so much as my hips....especially my left one. And I'm really not in the mood to have that hip replacement thing. So there's only one thing to do: I'm going to move the treadmill back to the middle of the room, plug it in, and get on it!

~Sodas -- thankfully, I cut a majority of those out last year. I haven't missed them much. Of course, I have replaced that with more coffee. So I'm going to cut that down....I'm going to start with that 50% kind first....and wean myself from the caffeine. Some of my Hater Friends were quite surprised to hear that I have 6 bottles of wine left over from Thanksgiving!!! I'm working on not drinking so much wine, too! I think with losing my job, I've been doing what I could to feed my depression.....wine was my answer. No more of that! Or maybe I should say "a bit LESS of that"! And more water!

~Movement -- I'm going back to Yoga.....it was a good tool for relaxation and gaining some strength.

~Purging -- This is also something I've been working on in my home ~ cutting the clutter. It feels SO good. But I'm not very organized and sporatic at best. So I'm going to start with one room/closet and not move to the next one until I've finished a room and taken all purged goods to Goodwill or the trash.

~Healthy Boundaries -- This has been the year of doing this for myself. I got tired of being open to insensitive, insecure & unhappy people cluttering up my personal space. It has amazed me how removing toxic people from my life has opened me up to more peace.

~Conscious Living -- I have begun this process....old habits die hard, don't they? But I'm taking those reusable bags to the grocery store and feel SO good to use them instead of the plastic! (They multiply, I have found!)

Thanks again, Medusa.....I feel that putting this out there will be good inspiration for me to 'put my money where my mouth is' and really DO this stuff!!!

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
Mitmo01

How Do You Identify?:
Disobedient Thing...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Rebel Soul in the blood..Heathen as well
Relationship Status:
Marked and Loved....I Belong to Her....

Thanked 1,354 Times in 579 Posts
Mitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST ReputationMitmo01 Has the BEST Reputation

I will be a non-smoker on jan 1 i dont care what i have to do, how much hair I have to pull or teeth im done and dont want to a heart attack or stroke
Mitmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitmo01 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:

Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitmo01 View Post
I will be a non-smoker on jan 1 i dont care what i have to do, how much hair I have to pull or teeth im done and dont want to a heart attack or stroke
While I understand that quitting smoking is a hard thing to do; I would be more worried about the snacking and crankiness that goes along with quitting, rather than the pulling of hair. I would rather put on a few pounds than have those pesky bald patches for people to laugh and point at.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

AWESOME posts y'all!

I quit smoking as part of a goal back in 2008. I was one year smoke-free on October 13th of this year It was one of the best decisions I ever made. There has been a noticeable improvement in my general health - no more pesky colds all the time and sinus infections. I have also noticed renewed skin texture and my hair is shiny again. Those are little things that are all about vanity but I can imagine my lungs are much pinker and happier too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #9
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Well..if someone would come up with a good alternative to smoking that would be great. I need something that mimics the effects of smoking..calmness,satisfaction....sorta like the after glow effect. Yep that's what I need.

Other wise...

It
Wont
Be
Pretty..
Old 12-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #10
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGrrl View Post
Well..if someone would come up with a good alternative to smoking that would be great. I need something that mimics the effects of smoking..calmness,satisfaction....sorta like the after glow effect. Yep that's what I need.

Other wise...

It
Wont
Be
Pretty..
The only thing I found that even came close (and it was a MILE off) were coffee-flavored Nips. Those little hard candies.

Oh, and gum.

I ate 40 packages of gum the first month. (no Im not kidding).

I STILL have a bad gum habit. I buy it in bulk at Sams.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Other wise...

It
Wont
Be
Pretty..
I smoked for six years... from age twelve to eighteen. I finally quit on the fourth try. Here's how I did it:

Ya know how you usually think of all the bad things that smoking does and try to motivate yourself that way? It generally doesn't work so well. I made a list of all the POSITIVE things I had to gain from not smoking. Things like: my breath will be fresher. I will have more money since I won't be spending it on cigarettes. I will feel more energetic. People won't feel as uncomfortable around me. Things like that, and more. It was a long list lol.

Then I kept the list in my pocket, wherever I went. Every time I felt the urge to smoke, I pulled out that list and read it. Focusing on the positive really helped a lot. I didn't need a patch or nicotine gum. All I needed was to change my thinking. I also consciously stopped thinking of myself as a smoker who didn't smoke. I said to myself, "I am a non-smoker now." It is amazing what a new point of view can do.

Don't focus on what you are missing, like that satisfaction a cigarette gives you. Instead, think about the satisfaction of being smoke-free. Believe me, it works.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

Thanks for the advice sugar...I'll keep it in mind..I'm gonna start on the first...
Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #13
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation
Default Glad to see this...

I've had some stuff happen in the two years and consequently I've let a few things slide as far as what's good for me. Also the things I just basically haven't done right from the get-go it's probably pretty much should call myself on...

I did quit smoking though, 3 years ago this month and stayed good on that (with the admitted cigar a couple times a year).

I'll probably bbl if get a good list going.

Great inspiration... thanx...
Old 12-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #14
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

I jumped on the healthy bandwagon back in August...

I stopped consuming carbs (insulin resistance bordering on Type II).

I stopped consuming sugar.

I stopped consuming sodas.

To date, I have lost 61-67lbs. Four sizes.

I feel better than ever.

My fibro is ramped down significantly and I have more energy.

I just feel good.

Much luck and success to those seeking healthier living in the coming year. It really is mind over matter.

Christie
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
PapaC

How Do You Identify?:
FTM-Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

PapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST ReputationPapaC Has the BEST Reputation

2010 is a year I wanna see taking *three steps forward*, and 1 back. not TWO, not staying stagnant, but constantly aiming. aiming. aiming.

Body/Mind/Spirit must all work together.

And since I'm almost never a guy of absolutes, yeah, I'll indulge in the 'odd' (and really happily do mean: ODD) cigarette. Harder to do with friends who still smoke, but how happy am I that I don't frequently visit friends who do? lol

Now that I've been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, my focus can now be on using all tools I have at my disposal more efficiently. This is exciting for me.

healthier boundaries, a must. 'nuff said.

Some random words and phrases that will shape my 2010:

Work, independence, de-cluttering, organizing, creating routines, bus passes, swim passes, paying bills, personal responsibility, meditation, teaming up with doctors (as opposed to deferring to them), standing up for myself, claiming my voice, remaining calm, reflect, breathe crisp air, finding adventures, stretch, learn, love.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PapaC For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #16
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:

I forgot to mention that no cookies/cakes/ or any kind of donut, will be allowed within a 100 foot radius of my house! There will be signs posted...much like the "Beware of Dog", or "no trespassing" signs....mine will simply say; "No Sweets on these Premises..you will be tasered!" Then another below that will read, "I am not kidding...try me!"
Old 12-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #17
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

WHAT!?@#%

No cake??!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

This is a fantastic, realistic outline. I wish you much luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_G View Post
I, too, want to get healthier in 2010! I have a hard time sticking to "resolutions", so I refer to them as lifestyle changes!

*I bought a stair stepper that I have been using 3x a week already.

*I am going to cut down on the beer consumption...though I don't drink near as often as a lot of people might think.

*Once the weather warms up a tad (where it doesn't burn my lungs to breath in the ice cold air), I will get back to training for a 5k.

*I need to walk my boxer puppy more often....SHE needs it to wear out, I need it for the excercise.

*I am going to start journaling and getting a lot of the stuff off of my mind and onto paper to keep my head clear.

*I will be just as, if not more of a positive thinker....it seems to make quite a difference in my life.

*I would like to get a part time job and get healthier on the financial side of things too!

My life is fantastic..I am very blessed to have what I do, (especially given the financial state of my family business and having to cut out a lot of things from my life)...I just need to fine tune some things to make it even better!

Attitude is EVERYTHING!
The funny thing for me is, I prefer it to be cold when I run outside. I actually LIKE that feeling when you can feel ice crystals forming in your lungs.

I know; I'm a weirdo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
What an inspiration!!! Thank You, Medusa!!!
So I'm going to use Your points here as a guide for myself....thanks!

~Lose some weight -- I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I have fooled myself into believing that this is ok. It hasn't affected my knees so much as my hips....especially my left one. And I'm really not in the mood to have that hip replacement thing. So there's only one thing to do: I'm going to move the treadmill back to the middle of the room, plug it in, and get on it!

~Sodas -- thankfully, I cut a majority of those out last year. I haven't missed them much. Of course, I have replaced that with more coffee. So I'm going to cut that down....I'm going to start with that 50% kind first....and wean myself from the caffeine. Some of my Hater Friends were quite surprised to hear that I have 6 bottles of wine left over from Thanksgiving!!! I'm working on not drinking so much wine, too! I think with losing my job, I've been doing what I could to feed my depression.....wine was my answer. No more of that! Or maybe I should say "a bit LESS of that"! And more water!

~Movement -- I'm going back to Yoga.....it was a good tool for relaxation and gaining some strength.

~Purging -- This is also something I've been working on in my home ~ cutting the clutter. It feels SO good. But I'm not very organized and sporatic at best. So I'm going to start with one room/closet and not move to the next one until I've finished a room and taken all purged goods to Goodwill or the trash.

~Healthy Boundaries -- This has been the year of doing this for myself. I got tired of being open to insensitive, insecure & unhappy people cluttering up my personal space. It has amazed me how removing toxic people from my life has opened me up to more peace.

~Conscious Living -- I have begun this process....old habits die hard, don't they? But I'm taking those reusable bags to the grocery store and feel SO good to use them instead of the plastic! (They multiply, I have found!)

Thanks again, Medusa.....I feel that putting this out there will be good inspiration for me to 'put my money where my mouth is' and really DO this stuff!!!

Excellent ideas and goals, miss Diva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaC View Post
2010 is a year I wanna see taking *three steps forward*, and 1 back. not TWO, not staying stagnant, but constantly aiming. aiming. aiming.

Body/Mind/Spirit must all work together.

And since I'm almost never a guy of absolutes, yeah, I'll indulge in the 'odd' (and really happily do mean: ODD) cigarette. Harder to do with friends who still smoke, but how happy am I that I don't frequently visit friends who do? lol

Now that I've been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, my focus can now be on using all tools I have at my disposal more efficiently. This is exciting for me.

healthier boundaries, a must. 'nuff said.

Some random words and phrases that will shape my 2010:

Work, independence, de-cluttering, organizing, creating routines, bus passes, swim passes, paying bills, personal responsibility, meditation, teaming up with doctors (as opposed to deferring to them), standing up for myself, claiming my voice, remaining calm, reflect, breathe crisp air, finding adventures, stretch, learn, love.
I love your concept of using these words and phrases to shape your year.

Quote:
WHAT!?@#%

No cake??!!!

That just means there's more for us.

I'll be back later to work up something for myself. Perfect timing for this thread, Medusa.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #19
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Love this thread, Medusa

Continue to lose weight, I'm down about 50lbs from where I started, with about 65 more to go.

Exercise. I'll be starting some training on pilates very soon. I would have started this week, but the trainer didn't get back to me, and well it's probably not the best week of the year to try and contact anyone. I've joined a nice local gym again and intend to use it regularly. They also have an outdoor pool which I prefer.

Eat more organic foods. I've found that organic does make my Fibro better (or less bad) and it makes me feel better overall.

De-clutter my life. My gosh where did all of this stuff come from???? Having a little spot in an antique store has created a monster in that I collect all kinds of things now. I really need to clean this up. Either put it in the store, use it, or get rid of it!

Continue to keep drama out of my life. For me drama creates stress. Stress creates anxiety. Anxiety creates a cranky TD. I'm so over this kind of thing in my life. I ejected drama for the most part about 2 years ago. However, I admit that it's a continual battle.

I'd like to try living more frugally. I feel that I spend and waste in excess. There's so much food that I waste and can cut back on, or grow myself, etc. Less utilities, less gas, more of those great efficient light bulbs, more recycling, etc.

I'm sure there's more, but why plan more than I can actually accomplish anyway

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #20
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Well, Im already off to a good start. Had a little thing happen tonight after work that made me smile:

After work, I decided to run to Target to pick up some marshmallow creme to make fudge for my family. I decided on Target because the grocery stores are CRAZY right now and Target is on the way home.

Needless to say, I grabbed a cart and walked the perimeter of the store and eventually made my way around to the food section. I looked and looked and didnt find the marshmallow creme. As I made my way to the front of the store, I took a real good look in the stuff that had made its way into my basket while I had been cruising the aisles: a sweater for Jack, a hat for me, a game, a new cleaning product I had wanted to try, a CD, a couple of spices, and a new lip gloss.

Random stuff, right?

I stopped right in the middle of my store and asked myself: What did I REALLY come in here for?
That sweater for Jack? $30
That hat for me? $12
The game? $9
The cleaning product? $5
The CD? $13
The spices that I probably would never use? $3 each
The lip gloss? $6

The total $78.

$78 for stuff that I didnt NEED.
$78 for stuff that I had NOT come into that store for.

What did I do? I grabbed my purse, slung it over my shoulder, and walked out of the store, leaving the basket with all of the stuff still in it in front of one of the registers.

I saved $78 and also accomplished a tiny goal of not bringing more useless crap into the house. Victory.
Im going to seriously start doing this every time I go to the store.
Did I come into the store specifically for that item?
Do I REALLY need it?
Will I USE it or will it end up shoved in a closet or under a bed?
Do I already have one? (or in the case of the lip gloss, do I already have 130?)

Still, I have no marshmallow creme but I DO have the $78. Its a fair trade I think
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: