Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 03-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #61
Odarlin

How Do You Identify?:
Undine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sexy
Relationship Status:
Finding my immortal soul one giggle at a time.

Odarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to allOdarlin is a name known to all

I want to report that I have been very good! Cookie good.
I have a new muscle and I have been randomly shimmying with greater frequency.
Odarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Odarlin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #62
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't want to jump in here until I was sure I would stick with my program.

I am!!

I'm about 3/4 of the way through a 30-day challenge on the Wii EA Sports Active (the one with the little trainer person). That has made all the difference for me because it is interactive, it tracks your reps, and you basically follow a leader.

I'm also starting to use the custom workout feature and build my own little workouts out of activities I like best. It's fun and gives me additional ways to burn calories for the day.

In addition to that, I'm doing Yoga 5 or 6 times a week; and I've created a workout to increase mass in my chest.

I'm getting better with the food stuff, but that's really the lady's forte so I just follow her lead. To my credit though, I'm not having Milk Duds *everyday*.......maybe just 3 or 4 times a week. Trust me, that is a HUGE accomplishment for me!

Looking forward to participating more...
Old 03-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #63
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Due to RA along with poly osteoarthritis, my new exercise routines have to be aquatic. Good thing there is a great community pool across the street and I have been able to adapt water exercise equipment even in my spa at home.
Dance lessons and regular dancing are good too, as long as I stretch before. LOL... for me, the impact exercise days are over and any kind of weight lifting/sculpting use has to be underwater. Daily 3-5 mile dog walks help too (even in the damn rain!)... and keep the pooch happy! I just adapt and try and figure out what I can do safely. Hell, I will be 59 in a couple of weeks and have the damn joints of a 90 year old! But, I am going to keep moving!!

Fighting a life long eating eating disorder and obesity (then I became an exercise addict until the arthritis!) has been yucca! But, I have found OA to be what works for me after years of idiotic yo-yo diets, binging and purgiing self-loathing. I have kept 70 lbs off for over 5 years now due to this program and my numbers from physical blood work make me smile! Oh, and my body-image is much more realistic and content!

Whatever all of you are doing to live a healier life, I commend and support you! Not so easy at all!!!

Last edited by AtLast; 03-09-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: goofed!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #64
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Wondering if anyone else here is using the Wii for exercise???

I just finished the 30-day challenge that is on the DVD EA Sports Active, Personal Trainer. The sequel DVD More Workouts has a 6-week challenge, and I start that tomorrow.

This Wii stuff is the best thing I've tried since I quit organized sports a gazillion years ago!! And it's FUN!!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #65
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Wondering if anyone else here is using the Wii for exercise???

I just finished the 30-day challenge that is on the DVD EA Sports Active, Personal Trainer. The sequel DVD More Workouts has a 6-week challenge, and I start that tomorrow.

This Wii stuff is the best thing I've tried since I quit organized sports a gazillion years ago!! And it's FUN!!

Ok, that's IT. I am getting a friggin' Wii!

I have gone in and out of Best Buy more times than I can count to look at them and have even gone to order one online a few times and I have, up until now, talked myself out of it by doing the whole "it's not something I NEED" thing.

Well, let me just share a bit of an experience that I had yesterday.

I generally think about my health often. In the last 2 years, I have stopped smoking, stopped drinking full-sugar sodas and have cut WAY back on Diet Sodas. I have also increased my water intake and my intake of fresh veggies and fiber. So, Im doing great right?

Well, yesterday something happened that made me want to rethink the whole "Im thinking more about health" thing.

I played hookey from work yesterday so that Jack and I could enjoy a beautiful 73-degree sunny day. We went outside with the intention of doing some yard work. After I cut about 10 feet of azaleas, I looked at Jack and said "We should go to the lake".

Half an hour later, we were at the lake and Jack was dragging fishing equipment down to the banks.

The banks of this particular lake are solid shale and the corps of engineers has done a great job of stair-stepping it so that it's fairly easy to walk. There are still a large amount of loose rocks and uneven terrain. We had to hike down a large hill covered with shale to get to the actual banks of the water.
As we were hiking, I could feel the looseness in the ankle that I broke 2 years ago (and subsequently walked around on broken for almost 3 months) and how my balance felt wobbly and unsteady. I could feel my knees crying out for mercy. I could feel my hips wanting to let go of my legs.
When we got down to the banks, Jack hopped from rock to rock easily while looking for a primo fishing spot. Me? I lumbered ungracefully, wobbling from ledge to ledge knowing that I couldnt bounce on unsteady ankles that way withouth ending up in the icy water. I watched Jack's agility, her balance, her effortless movement and I thought to myself, "Wow, I used to be able to move like that."

When we were done fishing, we gathered our stuff and started the hike back up the hill to the truck.

After only 10 or 12 paces, my chest tightened up and I started gasping deeply for breath. I felt my heart working wildly to move all of my weight up the hill. I felt my body going into overdrive jjust doing the simple task of walking up a hill. It was scary. At one point, I tried to stop gasping for breath because I didn't want everyone at the lake hearing me. When I tried to stop gasping, I couldnt. It was like my body was on autopilot and I had no control.
That lack of control was scary.

I am not a person who is used to my body betraying my piloting. I am also not a person who is embarrassed about my size or the way I look. I generally love myself and think Im looking rather fine most days.

Yesterday was a wake-up call.

I can *feel* fine/pretty/sexy all I want but it generally isnt sexy to be gasping desperately the way I was yesterday. It probably wouldnt be sexy laying on the ground having a heart attack either. It probably would be even less sexy dropping dead from a stroke.
And honestly, the thought of laying on the ground looking up at my partner's face being full of fear is enough to motivate me.
I owe her better than that.
I owe myself better than that.

My love for my (fat) self isnt changing. I still will be fat positive, I will still say that health "isnt all about the numbers". I will still insist that fat can be sexy.

What I wont do anymore is put my mobility in danger for a fucking twinkie.

There are deep layers of emotional shit tied to my own eating habits. Im not afraid to say it. Im not ashamed of it. It just is what it is.

My goal is to get on the bike tonight and ride for 20 minutes.

I'll do that and go from there.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #66
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Changing habits is insanely difficult. I too feel that my wife deserves me at my best. I have started on the Chantix again and will keep trying this quitting shit til I beat it!
I feel you Medusa. I am also sick and tired of sick and tired. The damned elliptical just mocks me. Spring is such a relief for me, in that I love being outside playing in dirt. Winters nearly kill me. I do have to resume a rigorous allergy med regime this time of year, but at least I feel motivated toward movement!

Good luck Lady!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #67
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Ok, that's IT. I am getting a friggin' Wii!

I have gone in and out of Best Buy more times than I can count to look at them and have even gone to order one online a few times and I have, up until now, talked myself out of it by doing the whole "it's not something I NEED" thing.
You will LOVE it! Apparently, we have had this thing and I didn't even know. I recommend starting with the one called Personal Trainer. It's so do-able, and they think of just about everything to get you through it.

As for the "need" thing... Well, I could argue that I do need ours. I can guarantee that I would not be sticking with working out if it weren't for the Wii. When you do their challenges, there is an accountability factor; and I have way too much pride to slack or blow it off...........even with only a machine watching!!!

As for the rest of your post...

I support you and will be around to cheer you on (for what it's worth). And you *are* gorgeous!!

I'm *definitely* getting it right in 2010, and this time it's stickin'!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #68
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
Changing habits is insanely difficult. I too feel that my wife deserves me at my best. I have started on the Chantix again and will keep trying this quitting shit til I beat it!
I feel you Medusa. I am also sick and tired of sick and tired. The damned elliptical just mocks me. Spring is such a relief for me, in that I love being outside playing in dirt. Winters nearly kill me. I do have to resume a rigorous allergy med regime this time of year, but at least I feel motivated toward movement!

Good luck Lady!

Jess, I didnt do Chantix but have heard of people having great success with it

I have been a non-smoker for 2 years this October (I recently tried to resume smoking on a trip to see some girlfriends but it just wasnt the same). I would be lying if I said I didnt think about smoking occasionally while driving down the road or after just having eaten a biggo meal. (I used to LOVE to smoke on a full stomach to help "tamp down" my food LOL)
I looked at Jack just yesterday while we were fishing and said, " I used to LOVE to smoke while I was fishing. I sure do miss it."

It's worth it! You can do it! Just think of Christie and your own health every time you go to light up. Think of 10 more minutes with her. 10 more minutes with yourself for every cigarette you put down.

Luck!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #69
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
You will LOVE it! Apparently, we have had this thing and I didn't even know. I recommend starting with the one called Personal Trainer. It's so do-able, and they think of just about everything to get you through it.

As for the "need" thing... Well, I could argue that I do need ours. I can guarantee that I would not be sticking with working out if it weren't for the Wii. When you do their challenges, there is an accountability factor; and I have way too much pride to slack or blow it off...........even with only a machine watching!!!

As for the rest of your post...

I support you and will be around to cheer you on (for what it's worth). And you *are* gorgeous!!

I'm *definitely* getting it right in 2010, and this time it's stickin'!!!

Here Wii Come! *snort*

I keep checking out the games online. I see lots of sports games; tennis, track, etc. and will definitely check out the one you have!

I see that Jillian even has one?! Have to check that one out as well
Old 03-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #70
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Quote:
Here Wii Come! *snort*

I keep checking out the games online. I see lots of sports games; tennis, track, etc. and will definitely check out the one you have!

I see that Jillian even has one?! Have to check that one out as well
The Personal Trainer and its sequel, More Workouts, also have sports stuff on there as part of your workouts.

For example, in doing the 30-day challenge you might do the following in one workout:

Walk/jog for a few minutes
Bicep curls with resistance band
Shoulder press with band
Side lunges
Tennis skills - forehand, backhand, volley (you shoot for targets and it keeps track for you)
Incline skating (kicked my ass)
Dance w/ arm movements (fun!)
Box/Punching at targets

The whole while there is a clock keeping track of time PLUS a calories-burned counter!!

They give a good mix of activities (exercises as well as sports stuff) so it keeps you moving (less boring to me).

Anyway... Obviously, I dig it.

Can't wait 'til y'all get it!!!

ETA: If you don't want to do the workouts they put together, you can go in and create your own by choosing from ALL the exercises on that particular DVD. You can pick all your favs and make it as long or as short as you like. I created one that was just baseball batting to work my obliques. Fun stuff!!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:57 PM   #71
greyingbutch

How Do You Identify?:
woman -id'd butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

greyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Dr. Vittoria Repetto’s Newsletter #32 is available: Medical Nutritional Research

Hello!
I put out an nutritional email newsletter; this newsletter contains summaries of research papers published in medical/nutritional journals that are presented at a web site for health professionals only and
in addition, papers, blogs and articles on chiropractic, applied kinesiology and nutrition.

You can either read it at my blog http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.c...newsletter-32/ or subscribe to the newsletter; see below for how to subscribe.

Newsletter #32

Table of Contents:

1) Dr. Repetto’s Blog - http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.com/

a) Newsletter #32- http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.c...newsletter-32/

b) The Musculoskeletal Aspects of Asthma - http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.c...cts-of-asthma/

c) Podcast Interview - http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.c...toria-repetto/

2) Green Vegetables Protect Smokers From Genetic Changes Associated With Lung Cancer

3) Green Tea May Help Cut Risk for Lung Cancer

4) Association of vitamin B-6 status with inflammation, oxidative stress, and chronic inflammatory conditions: the Boston Puerto Rican Health Study

5) Whole Diet May Ward Off Depression and Anxiety

6) Overweight Elderly Have Similar Mortality to Normal-Weight Elderly

7) Blueberry Juice May Boost Memory in Older Adults

8) Same Weight Loss, Better BP With Low-Carb Diet vs Drug/Diet Combo

9) Low Vitamin D Tied to Asthma Severity in Adults - Small study

10) The Effect of Backpacks on the Lumbar Spine in Children

11) Soft Drink Consumption Linked to Pancreatic Cancer

12) Mediterranean Diet Reduces Cerebrovascular Disease

13) Daily Calcium Plus Vitamin D Supplements May Reduce Fracture Risk

14) Increased Cancer Risk Seen With Higher Blood Glucose Levels

If you would like to receive this mailing, please send an email to me at DrVittoriaRepett@aol.com with the word “Subscribe” in the subject heading

The rate of frequency of the mailing is 6-8 weeks; on subscribing, I will be sending you the last newsletter.

Please add my address to your address books so that the newsletter is not delivered to your spam blocker as the mailings are sent out via BCC mailing.

If at anytime you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, please hit reply, write “Unsubscribe” in the subject of the email, and send and I will remove you from the mailing list immediately.

Thanks! Whatever you decide, I’d like to wish you, health, happiness and prosperity.

http://www.drvittoriarepetto.com
The Following User Says Thank You to greyingbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #72
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Ok Y'ALL!

I broke down last night and ordered the Wii, the Wii fit, and 10 games. (ARE they called games? Or cartridges? Or disks? Or????)

I got 2 fishing games and a hunting game for Jack , a Cardio Workout, the Jillian Michaels Biggest Loser thing, a Golds Gym workout thing, 3 other workout things, some kind of sports thing, a yoga thing, and some other workout thing...oh, and a Vegas gaming one.

I cant WAIT to break out my Wii fit later tonight! We broke into the fishing game already and it is FUN! I can see why people are so crazy about these machines!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #73
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ok Y'ALL!

I broke down last night and ordered the Wii, the Wii fit, and 10 games. (ARE they called games? Or cartridges? Or disks? Or????)

I got 2 fishing games and a hunting game for Jack , a Cardio Workout, the Jillian Michaels Biggest Loser thing, a Golds Gym workout thing, 3 other workout things, some kind of sports thing, a yoga thing, and some other workout thing...oh, and a Vegas gaming one.

I cant WAIT to break out my Wii fit later tonight! We broke into the fishing game already and it is FUN! I can see why people are so crazy about these machines!

Don't. Move.

I'll be right over.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #74
StoneFinn

How Do You Identify?:
Transgressive Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine
Relationship Status:
hog-tied with love

StoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST ReputationStoneFinn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sharing a cuppa Tea

Just wanting to share a bit for everyone looking for a healthy drink that is not "just" water-- but hydrates just as well as water does. Everyone who hasn't tried Green tea, might want to give it a go.

I am going to list a few of the benefits that have been proven, and then give some links as well.

This list if from HealthMad
  • It is used to treat multiple sclerosis.
  • It is used for treatment and prevention of cancer.
  • It is used to stop Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
  • It is used to raise the metabolism and increase fat oxidation.
  • It reduces the risk of heart diseases and heart attacks by reducing the risk of trombosis.
  • It reduces the risk of esophageal cancer.
  • Drinking green tea inhibits the growth of certain cancer cells, reduces the level of cholesterol in blood, improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
  • It is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and cardiovascular diseases
  • It is used to treat impaired immune function. .
  • Some researches show that, drinking green tea regularly may help prevent tooth decay by killing the bacteria which causes the dental plaque.

Diabetes:
Green tea has been used traditionally to control blood sugar in the body. Animal studies suggest that green tea may help prevent the development of type 1 diabetes and slow the progression once it has developed. People with type 1 diabetes produce little or no insulin, a hormone that converts glucose (sugar), starches, and other foods into energy needed for daily life. Green tea may help regulate glucose in the body.

A few small clinical studies have found that daily supplementation of the diet with green tea extract powder lowered the hemoglobin A1c level in individuals with borderline diabetes.

And the lists go on, including benefits for people with IBD or Crohn's disease.

I am NOT saying that green tea is a "cure-all", but putting the information out there, as well as the same question that I asked myself:

If I am given a choice of drinking something that is just as proven to be as GOOD for me or something that is proven to be VERY bad for me-- what am I going to choose?

Green tea has minimal caffeine: about 20-40mg of caffeine per 6-8oz cup.
compare that to these (both where you expect caffeine and where you don't):

2oz espresso-- 45-100mg
Brewed coffee 8oz -- 80-150mg
Black Tea-- 45mg
White tea-- 15mg
1oz Dark chocolate-- 20mg
Ben & Jerry's Coffee Fudge Frozen Yogurt (8 oz) -- 85 mg

and to quote from HERE: If you ate an entire 200 g block of chocolate, you'd consume about 550 mg of combined methylxathines (caffeine and other stimulants). A 30 g bar has between 20 to 60 mg caffeine

So now.. for some of the links:

University of Maryland Medical Center on Green Tea

Green Tea and Diabetes

A Site with 11 Benefits plus good further source sites

An AWESOME page with clinical study results for many of the benefits of Green Tea, including and surpassing the ones above.

... and for myself, I made my own decision. Plus-- I find it tastes better than just about any other alternative out there-- without sugar, nasty artificial sweeteners, chemicals, or anything else!

If I want to sweeten it, I use something like stevia (made from dried leaves, and I grow stevia plants in my own garden) or agave nectar

Cheers all!

"If I were to think of and dwell on disastrous possibilities, I could do nothing. I throw myself headlong into my work, and come up again with my studies; if the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself." ~~ Van Gogh
StoneFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneFinn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #75
greyingbutch

How Do You Identify?:
woman -id'd butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

greyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputationgreyingbutch Has the BEST Reputation
Default my latest newsletter/blog

I put out a newsletter which contains summaries of research papers published in Medical/Nutritional journals and presented at a web site for health professionals only in addition papers, blogs and articles on chiropractic, applied kinesiology and nutrition.

You can read it on my blog:
Newsletter #35

Table of Contents:

1) Dr. Repetto’s Blog - http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.com/

a) Newsletter #35-

b) Cranial Sacral Therapy in Applied Kinesiology http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.c...d-kinesiology/

c) It’s not a Food Allergy; maybe it’s a Food Intolerance http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.c...d-intolerance/

d)The Art and Science of Muscle Testing in Applied Kinesiology http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.c...d-kinesiology/

e) Research Shows Reproductive Problems in Animals Eating GM Foods http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.c...ting-gm-foods/

2) Dietary Pattern Associated With Reduced Alzheimer's Disease Risk

3) Statins Do Not Protect Against and May Increase Risk for Colorectal Adenomas

4) Folate and Vitamin B6 Lower Cardiovascular Risk

5) Added Sugars in Diet Linked to Higher Triglycerides, Lower HDL-C in NHANES Data

6) Accelerated postmenopausal cognitive decline is restricted to women with normal BMI: Longitudinal evidence from the Betula project

7) Thinner Girls May Be at Higher Risk for Breast Cancer

8) Dietary Calcium and Magnesium Intake and Mortality: A Prospective Study of Men

************************************************** ************************************************
Dr. Vittoria Repetto
Since 1987, helping people feel better - naturally
Doctor of Chiropractic / Applied Kinesiologist

Treatments are one hour. You're not a number on an assembly line!
Please check out the Patient Testimonials at the "Our Practice" page at my web site. www.drvittoriarepetto.com

285 West Broadway (off Canal Street)
212 - 431 - 3724

Please check out My Blog: http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.com/ for my monthly nutritional research newsletter and my thoughts on different health issues & problems, and news articles of interest.

My Linkedin page: http://www.linkedin.com/in/drvittoriarepetto
The Following User Says Thank You to greyingbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #76
Emmy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Emmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST ReputationEmmy Has the BEST Reputation

Love the thread!

For the last year or so, I've been trying to pay more attention to my health. I've made progress and certainly regressed at bit at times too. Recently, after slipping some, I've begun to exercise pretty much daily again (even if it's only for 30 minutes or so.)

I've been sort of shocked, throughout the process, at just how happy exercise can make me! I mean, I have always been chubby, always clumsy too, and never any good at sports. But even for me, the anti-jock, there's just an undeniable delight that seems to pervade my whole being after exercise (after getting over the initial week or so hump of pure misery). There's a confluence of mental and physical joy! The effects are especially profound at times of stress. This is a well-known phenomenon, I know -the runner's high, that kind of thing- but I somehow thought it wouldn't apply to me. It's just been neat and a bit surprising to find that that the fun of physicality isn't only for the super sporty types.
Emmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emmy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #77
greyingbutch

How Do You Identify?:
woman -id'd butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Water and Your health

http://drvittoriarepetto.wordpress.c...d-your-health/

It's summer again....more chances to dehydrate and cause changes in your muscles, discs and your general health
Old 06-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #78
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Some of you know that I had a very bad health scare about two weeks ago.

I couldn't eat for about five days, and then I was on a clear liquid diet, and now

I can eat very small no to low fat meals.

Like Medusa, I love my beautiful sexy body, but

I will turn 50 on my next birthday and

I want to enjoy the next 50 years with my Pete.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #79
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

raisin bran muffin, apple, apple cider vinigar with hot water and regular water. That's better than the usual donuts and diet coke to start the day I think. I'm trying to make some changes for my health sake.

That is all

Gentle Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #80
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Tiger View Post
raisin bran muffin, apple, apple cider vinigar with hot water and regular water. That's better than the usual donuts and diet coke to start the day I think. I'm trying to make some changes for my health sake.

That is all
Apple cider vinegar is good for you. It helps to change the glycemic index of foods, making them less sugary and harsh on your system. :thumbups:

More power to you, though, because I'd be hungry in an hour.

I was doing well and then I hit a rough patch and then I had a lot of OT at work and then I was just plain lazy and now, I'm literally (with the exception on my online time, which has significantly decreased) too busy to work out. I have eaten more salads and fruits and veggies lately though, so I'll take my victories where I can.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: