Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
what kind of dressing goes on Cobb salad? Does it have it's own or is there one that is traditional?

Hi dark crystal

Well, first I have to correct an oversight...I forgot the crumbly bleu cheese in the salad! The traditional dressing is made from:

1/4 cup water
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
3/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. dry English mustard
1 small clove garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup full-flavored olive oil
3/4 cup salad oil

But I know some people leave out the crumbly bleu cheese on the salad and use bleu cheese dressing instead...up to you.

I like the traditional way...with the greens laid out on a plate and bands of each of the other ingredients...looks pretty like that and makes it easy to customize your bites.
yum that looks delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post

Unfortunately, Freckles the dawg has already jumped the fence once since I have been home. So her punishment is me watching her like a hawk every time she goes outside. I'll have to wait until payday to get all the necessary hardware for the "invisible" fence....but I'd sure like to know where she is escaping from so I can make the area more inaccessible. I am not real comfortable with putting a shock collar on her......
aw poor fweckles...you need a nanny cam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyja View Post

DC- good to know you are enjoying the choices of music each morning. Gosh, imagine you and me on a road trip, the collection of CD's to pass the time, and totally sing-a-long!!!!!
do you remember an 80's band called Voice of the Beehive? See if you can find them!
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #1022
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Good afternoon Kitchen dweller!! Took my phelbotomy assessment and got an 81 out of 97 so that is good, can take it over if I want to. Just gonna study the test questions for sure. So where is everyone, I guess they are working this afternoon have to wait for after dinner to be in contact with people. Ok time to relax, dogs are asleep. Maybe I'll get some coffee from DD and a brownie that would be nice wouldn't it. Don't really need the brownie though do I!! Setting out coffee and tea for those who need it.
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #1023
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Good afternoon Kitchen dweller!! Took my phelbotomy assessment and got an 81 out of 97 so that is good, can take it over if I want to. Just gonna study the test questions for sure. So where is everyone, I guess they are working this afternoon have to wait for after dinner to be in contact with people. Ok time to relax, dogs are asleep. Maybe I'll get some coffee from DD and a brownie that would be nice wouldn't it. Setting out coffee and tea for those who need it.
lipstix.. .Congratulations on passing the test... good for you.

Waves to the rest of the Kitchen Patrons.

It has been a hectic day.. meetings.. that just seem to go around and around.. which drives Me insane..

This evening will be a good night to just relax.. have some coffee and/or tea.. and declutter..

I hope everyone is having a peaceful day.

Add some more coffee and tea to lipstix's ..

JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #1024
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Yes time to declutter and thanks for the encouragement I need it. Tomorrow two exams. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. Then on Thursday the phelbotomy and assisting with minor surgeries. I called the internship place and they didn't know about me. I really think that is stupid!! and bad on the school's part. Anyway the girl I spoke to said she would speak to the doctor and call me back. Haven't heard anything from anybody yet. Anyway time for some TV and relaxation. Its been a long day!! see ya later leaving some afternoon chocolate for those that need it.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #1025
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Hello friends

Just a quick post tonight and calling out for chinese food...had a doctor appointment for my son this evening (yes, we have an awesome family physician practice that has evening hours)...and he has them baffled. On and off mild fever, a bizarre rash, some isolated joint and muscle aches, fatigue...

They took blood, urine and a throat culture...and will be talking to the folks at the medical school tomorrow. At the moment they're thinking it's a viral infection and his (always very sensitive and reactive) skin is flaring up...the joys of redheads with ultra fair skin. They want to be careful and check for lyme disease and anything rhuemitoid (and hmmm...that's not spelled right but I'm too pooped to check).

Long evening...time to relax with a bailey's coffee...extra whipped cream.

70 hours baby
Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #1026
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Evening Jo Jo,

Hope the dr's can figure out what is wrong with your son....Elijah has been the same way and a week ago, the poor little boy couldn't eat bc he was spitting up.

The wonderful state of Florida is waiting for you to return!!! It has been hotter than hell down here and I hope the sun stays out for your vacation.

Have a good night,

Zimmy

Quote:
Hello friends

Just a quick post tonight and calling out for chinese food...had a doctor appointment for my son this evening (yes, we have an awesome family physician practice that has evening hours)...and he has them baffled. On and off mild fever, a bizarre rash, some isolated joint and muscle aches, fatigue...

They took blood, urine and a throat culture...and will be talking to the folks at the medical school tomorrow. At the moment they're thinking it's a viral infection and his (always very sensitive and reactive) skin is flaring up...the joys of redheads with ultra fair skin. They want to be careful and check for lyme disease and anything rhuemitoid (and hmmm...that's not spelled right but I'm too pooped to check).

70 hours baby
Old 06-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #1027
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Good Evening Everyone,

It has been crazy around here the last few days. I found out yesterday, that the local community college took almost 75% of my gen ed classes from DeVry, so I will only have to take a few gen ed's like physics, microbiology and anatamy. I had my oldest niece stay the night lastnight with my best friend's niece, and those two kept Elijah running around...

Hope you all are having a good night and I am going to leave the night light on for those who might pop in during the night..

Hugs to all of you!!!!

Zimmy
Old 06-23-2010, 03:50 AM   #1028
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Hello friends

70 hours baby
Jo Lyme's disease is nothing to sneeze at!! I had it for almost 10 years and was really sick. they should do a PCR test for Lyme's disease and send it to OLd Lyme, Ct that's where they get the best results!! good luck and I hope your son doesn't have it. Otherwise they should start him on antibiotic right away for three weeks orally. Anything Rhuematoid is another thing and a separate issue. Well with that said Good Morning all! Setting out strong coffee and tea, have to go and walk dogs they are crying to go outside. see ya later.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:09 AM   #1029
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Rise and shine its breakfast time. This morning will be steak and eggs with hash browns, sorry no bacon or sausage someone else will have to bring that to the table. bagels lox and cream cheese and onions, croissants, jams and jellies and strong coffee and tea, sodas, Diet and regular. OK gotta get ready for my 8 am class damn they start early in that school
Old 06-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #1030
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning everyone

Well the son is enjoying breakfast in bed...no school for him because of the fever (and the school is doing their last 3 days of 2-1/2 hours a day...academics and tests are over...so no biggie). We are crossing fingers for good news today, but he does have them stumped.

You're right Lips...lyme disease is the big worry and, although his rash is atypical, it's a possibility. They took blood and sent it out, so we should know soon. The good news is that if it's treated quickly and completely with antibiotics it usually responds well...so I'm hanging onto that. We are in an absolutely tick-infested area...and I read online last night that half of the ticks tested in upstate NY are lyme-positive. Lovely. Another good reason to get moving to Florida! Well...that...and the beach ... and the

Thanks for getting breakfast for us Lips...lovely as usual
Zimmy... that's such good news about your classes being transferable! That will save alot of time and work and you can get your degree that much sooner. Awesome!

58 hours baby....

I'm off to refill the coffee and do a little work...check on the kiddo...but I'll be back. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #1031
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
Good morning everyone

Well the son is enjoying breakfast in bed...no school for him because of the fever (and the school is doing their last 3 days of 2-1/2 hours a day...academics and tests are over...so no biggie). We are crossing fingers for good news today, but he does have them stumped.

You're right Lips...lyme disease is the big worry and, although his rash is atypical, it's a possibility. They took blood and sent it out, so we should know soon. The good news is that if it's treated quickly and completely with antibiotics it usually responds well...so I'm hanging onto that. We are in an absolutely tick-infested area...and I read online last night that half of the ticks tested in upstate NY are lyme-positive. Lovely. Another good reason to get moving to Florida! Well...that...and the beach ... and the

Thanks for getting breakfast for us Lips...lovely as usual
Zimmy... that's such good news about your classes being transferable! That will save alot of time and work and you can get your degree that much sooner. Awesome!

58 hours baby....

I'm off to refill the coffee and do a little work...check on the kiddo...but I'll be back. Have a great day everyone!
G-D Jo I hope everything turns out alright but with antibiotics you can reverse the symptoms. Yeah the fever is a killer I had that for a long time until they diagnosed me which was a couple of years later by that time it spread to my brain. Have bipolar disorder from it. Yeah got the breakfast this morning all the goodies on the table. Well took one more exam got an A on that one too. Medical coding and billing,this afternoon is pharmacology which I love!! Ok so the date is postponed for a couple of weeks due to a business trip. And the internship wants me to work on a Saturday which is a no go because I'm Jewish and we don't work that day its the Sabbath so I emailed the associate of career services and told them about that. Let's see what happens!! I'm off to have some needed nourishment and lunch then its back for the afternoon well not all afternoon. see ya later!!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:15 PM   #1032
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Hello Kitchen dwellers, well its a hot and sunny day just like I like have the a/c on and all is well. got a good grade on my pharm final don't know the final grade but I'm sure its gonna be alright. Can't wait until September then I move out of fucking NJ for sure. Too congested and too cold in the winter time and too much snow. Tomorrow is assisting with minor surgeries and phlebotomy final which should be easy. Gonna have to study tomorrow morning I'm beat for the day been up since like 5:30 AM to walk dogs. well don't know whats for supper maybe someone could whip up something nourishing and good. That would be nice!! Have to go and walk dogs for a while be back later to see what goodies have been left and how everyone's day has went leaving coffee and tea for those that need it.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #1033
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Wow where is everyone tonight? Had dinner and had dessert too. Just have to have my yogurt and the night is done!! Jo hope your son feels better soon!! Let me know how his tests turn out. OK
Old 06-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #1034
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

just a quick hello, been a crazy week so far, hoping ya'll are having a great week.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #1035
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Ack..just wrote a big long post, and managed to delete it instead of submit...pretty much par for the course today!

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes for my son (affectionately known as Rooster to Scoote...for that standing-up-straight-in-the-back bright red hair). The test results won't be back for a week, but they are convinced that it's Lyme's disease and are treating it accordingly. Three weeks of antibiotics, and they assure me he'll be as good as newl

Gonna' keep dinner simple tonight with taco night...crispy warm corn tortillas, and bowls to serve yourself to the perfect combo of spicy ground beef, homemade salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce and fresh diced tomato. Mmmmm.....

For dessert I'm craving some old fashioned banana pudding...the kind with custard, banana slices, and Nilla wafers...

baby....day after tomorrow...

Hugs to everyone...
Old 06-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #1036
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Oh I'm so glad that you found out what is the matter with your son. Make sure he takes his antibiotics and the symptoms will disappear. Its a horrible disease to have I feel for him. I still have good and bad days. If the day is too long for me I feel it very tired so don't be surprised if he sleeps alot, thats just par for the course!! PM me if you want to talk!!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:27 AM   #1037
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:

Good Morning Jo Jo,

The sun is shining today with a high in the 90's and the sky is a gorgeous baby blue with no clouds.

I fell asleep yesterday around 615pm in the recliner watching The First 48 and woke up an hour later and went for a power walk. My friend's husband is going to look at my car today, to see why my engine light comes on when I run the a/c for a bit. Having no a/c in Florida during the summer is no fun...My bro thinks it might be a relay switch...

For breakfast, I am thinking maybe having some homemade biscuits with sausage gravy, eggs, hashbrowns, teas<iced and hot>, coffee<all types>, soda's for Scoote and plenty of juice and water to keep us hydrated..

See you all in a bit,

Zimmy

For the music selection, how about the new song from PitBull and Machel Montana to wake us all up??? I love the beat to this song...

Enjoy!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8pHqjXDHo8"]YouTube- Pitbull - "Alright" feat. Machel Montano[/nomedia]
Old 06-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #1038
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

Gm All !

Just stopping by to say Hello. Jo hunee I hope your son will be ok, poor kid. I can't even imagine what I would do.

I'm happy to see you're coming back real soon to be with your sweetie

Good luck with the house.
Bella~Vita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #1039
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Good morning friends and thanks for making breakfast Zimmy

I'm loading up on the coffee this morning for sure...a bit of a morning here, but only 34 hours til my plane touches down and I get the Scoote refill I desperately need

Rooster is home...managed to get the antibiotic down this morning with only one gagging episode (anyone have any tricks on helping kids learn to swallow pills??). The sore joints and fever are already gone with just 12 hours on the meds...but he's still covered in the rash and very, very tired. Based on the way his body is reacting though I'm guessing they diagnosed correctly...the antibiotics are clearly already helping.

He spends a couple days with Granny while I'm gone (i.e. being completely spoiled and coddled)...I feel better knowing that we've figured this mystery out and gotten the medicine off to a good start before I go.

Today is a busy one for me...work...kid care...and cleaning the house top to bottom (the Realtor is going to try one last open house while I'm gone...crazy guy). I'll be back...

Hugs to all.....and for my baby...
Old 06-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #1040
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Jo a good trick on getting kids to swallow their medicine is putting the pill in some pudding rich and creamy kind and thick so they swallow a gob full of pudding and the pill with it. Got two exams this afternoon then I'm done. Fell back asleep this morning for like two hours couldn't make the breakfast, thanks Zimmy for filling in. OK have to have lunch then study some more. see you guys later. Jo good luck with the house and your trip to Florida!!