Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 03-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #541
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Hello,

When I use the quote function it does not work all the time. It seems to work with plain text, but not with images.

Is it supposed to do that?

Thanks in advance
You'll have to give me an example. Most often, however, it's the missing 2nd [quote] tag that's probably causing the problem.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #542
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=Linus;897181]You'll have to give me an example. Most often, however, it's the missing 2nd
Quote:
tag that's probably causing the problem.
It just started doing it last week. I can quote posts verbatim with emoticons on fluff threads,but this evening I tried to quote the last post on the "Femme Cave" thread. There was nothing in the posting box.

Weird.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #543
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=Sweet Bliss;897188]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
You'll have to give me an example. Most often, however, it's the missing 2nd

It just started doing it last week. I can quote posts verbatim with emoticons on fluff threads,but this evening I tried to quote the last post on the "Femme Cave" thread. There was nothing in the posting box.

Weird.

Hrmm.. potentially a browser issue (Firefox has been problematic of late). What happens when you post with a different browser than you normally do?

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 PM   #544
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Am currently using Internet Explorer, my kindle has NO problem quoting or posting.

Maybe the ancient cpu is the problem? No worries. I will just quit quoting posts with images.

I love using the keyboard again. doesn't take me an hour to say hello... lol
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:03 PM   #545
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

OH LINUS !!!! We can't get into chat tonight, the page is stuck on loading and never loads the chat. Can you please fix it. Thank you so much.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #546
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
OH LINUS !!!! We can't get into chat tonight, the page is stuck on loading and never loads the chat. Can you please fix it. Thank you so much.
I already addressed this in the other thread. I've asked them to look into it but it's the server provider that is having issues. You will have to wait until they address whatever the issue is.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #547
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

I can't post with out it quoting the post above . I can't rep all the posts I want to rep, a message comes up saying I'm not allowed to rep.on this thread, then I will rep the next post and it takes , i'm totally confused ~ help lol
Old 05-23-2014, 07:07 AM   #548
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Do you see the following (the icon under the red arrow):

And you are limited to how many reps you can do against a single user in a row. It's very possible, with prolific posters, that you may hit this and have to "share the love" to others.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #549
Diablo
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
HUMAN

Thanked 1,618 Times in 623 Posts
Diablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST ReputationDiablo Has the BEST Reputation

hello...i have a friend who is having a hard time completing her registration...saying she keeps answering her random questions wrong....her nic she was wanting to use was kimber62
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #550
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoSlipknot View Post
hello...i have a friend who is having a hard time completing her registration...saying she keeps answering her random questions wrong....her nic she was wanting to use was kimber62
Tell her that she needs to wait until I approve her membership. I see it in the queue. I'm sorry that i haven't done it yet. I had family commitments over the weekend and will be doing the approvals shortly.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #551
Violette

How Do You Identify?:
woman

Violette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST ReputationViolette Has the BEST Reputation
Default If you please

Hi Linus,

Is there some way for us (as in each user) to change the background colors etc of the site? For some reason, when I read this site, my eyes get very strained. I don't have that with other sites, so I figure it has something to do with the way the site presents on my computer. Is there a way I can control the background settings?

Hopefully that made sense, I am not a techie.

Thank you!!
Violette
Violette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:14 AM   #552
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default OY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violette View Post
Hi Linus,

Is there some way for us (as in each user) to change the background colors etc of the site? For some reason, when I read this site, my eyes get very strained. I don't have that with other sites, so I figure it has something to do with the way the site presents on my computer. Is there a way I can control the background settings?

Thank you!!
Violette

HI , As you can see this is one issue I am having ~ I cannt post w/out having to include the PRIOR post ~ now # 2 I am also hving issues Repping a post ~ takes several times to rep a post ~ maybe it works maybe not ~ lol a box comes up and says my account needs to be reactivated ? ~ it was never not activated ~ could u plz fix this ~ I have written to the contact us . no response, and I just found the geek thread ty ~ ocean
Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #553
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
HI , As you can see this is one issue I am having ~ I cannt post w/out having to include the PRIOR post ~ now # 2 I am also hving issues Repping a post ~ takes several times to rep a post ~ maybe it works maybe not ~ lol a box comes up and says my account needs to be reactivated ? ~ it was never not activated ~ could u plz fix this ~ I have written to the contact us . no response, and I just found the geek thread ty ~ ocean
You are registered and activated. There's no way you could post without that. Can you please clear out all your cookies from your brower, log off the site, close your browser and then log back in?

Old 06-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #554
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violette View Post
Hi Linus,

Thank you!!
Violette
Not unless we upgrade the site to version 5. That requires a major change to the site and is a huge undertaking that would require some coordination between Medusa and myself. We've talked about it in the past but our concern is the look and feel for the site and keeping that. (from a navigation point of view)

Old 06-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #555
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Quote:
Not unless we upgrade the site to version 5. That requires a major change to the site and is a huge undertaking that would require some coordination between Medusa and myself. We've talked about it in the past but our concern is the look and feel for the site and keeping that. (from a navigation point of view)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linus. I am still having the issues explained above ~ When I went to respond in the Here and Now thread I would have to erase the prior response ~ I used really enjoy posting and I haven't been able to in a very long time ~
Old 06-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #556
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
You are registered and activated. There's no way you could post without that. Can you please clear out all your cookies from your brower, log off the site, close your browser and then log back in?
Quote:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Linus. I am still having the issues explained above ~ When I went to respond in the Here and Now thread I would have to erase the prior response ~ I used really enjoy posting and I haven't been able to in a very long time ~
And I had replied above. Did you do those steps that I asked you to? This is a browser/computer issue (your computer). There is something that is holding those settings in place. Another option is to try a different browser.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:19 AM   #557
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Oh.. and before I forget, what button are you pressing to reply to posts? The one with the feather or the "quote" button?

Old 06-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #558
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Quote:
Oh.. and before I forget, what button are you pressing to reply to posts? The one with the feather or the "quote" button?
the one w/ the feather linus ~
Old 06-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #559
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,138 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Ocean, I always use the button at the bottom left that says post a reply...try it, unless you're quoating someone.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #560
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
the one w/ the feather linus ~
Ok. I just wanted to make sure it was the Quick Reply one and not the Quote button. So did you try another browser or the steps I had listed before?

Tags
forum geek, forum help