Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

View Poll Results: Do you think people who distrupt events should be tasered?
Yes. 10 10.87%
No. 32 34.78%
Sometimes, it depends on the event. 12 13.04%
Only as a last resort. 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #61
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Isn't it strange that nobody is going near the double standard issue?
I don't think anyone should be tased. But yeah, it totally looks like double standard.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #62
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Lacrosse in Maryland

As many of you know, lacrosse is huge here in Maryland. And recently, a native Maryland woman was murdered while away at college, Yeardley Love, 22 yo, due to graduate next month. She was murdered by another Maryland native, George Huguely, 22 yo and a senior as well.

George Huguely and Yeardley Love both attend University of Virginia. Huguely is being charged with first degree of murder of Love. Huguely slammed Love's head against a wall, and punched her face, after forcing his way into her apartment. The police found Love's body in a pool of blood on her bed face down.

It seems that George Huguely was tasered in Lexington, VA after assulting a cop. Then he was tasered after being drunk, unable to drive, resisting arrest, swearing, and trying to hit a female cop.

I am not sure of what George Huguely's brain is like after being tasered twice. I think he definitely has some mental health issues. I am just so horribly saddened by what I am watching on the local news about a gal whom everyone knew in town. And now we are going to bury her.

I just don't believe tasering is the answer. I am not sure of what the long term effects are afterwards. And to have someone like Yeardley Love being involved in a romantic relationship with someone who is domestically violent. Sad.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #63
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Lady Snow,

I still cannot get over the pics of your kids. OMG! Your babies grew up! I still think of them as babies and always will. I think that is the Uncle in me.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #64
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Sporting event......

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #65
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

The tasing incident I found most disturbing was the tasing of student Mostafa Tabatabainejad at the UCLA library a while back. It was before, "don't tase me, bro." Watching this made me feel less safe in the world, and the feeling has stuck with me to some extent.

He was tased at least 4 times while other students begged the officer to stop.

I don't think people should be tased unless they are committing or threatening a violent act.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #66
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

did they even have tasers back then??

i bet if they did it was like the cell phone evolution and they were probably too heavy to carry!!!

i am seriously trying to address the double standard thing but are there any recent examples...at like a sporting/public event??

Quote:
Double standard much?

They never tazed Morgana the Kissing Bandit now did they?

weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #67
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

http://www.womenstreakers.com/misc.html
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #68
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

ridiculous.
i hope that cop gets sued.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #69
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
No one ever runs across the race track at NASCAR... I am kinda jealous...

sad but true
Nascar fans are smarter than other sports fans, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
So sports are way more important than the welfare of a child.

Ayyyyy.
Like someone...Blade?...said, there is no way...at that moment to determine the exact age of the person who is

1. creating a potentially dangerous situation
2. interrupting a game (a huge no no no matter what)
3. is possibly in the act of breaking a law

If someone did that at a game I was at, I would hope that they would take care of the situation as fast as possible. I do, however, prefer that they not use tasers unless they can't avoid it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #70
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Apparently, cricket brings out the streaker in many of us.

One of the women....I won't disclose which one...looks EXACTLY like I do naked.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #71
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm afraid I enjoyed that site for the wrong reasons.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #72
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

running onto the field is a longstanding philly tradition, certainly nothing to get one's boxers in a bunch about. they get chased, arrested, and brag to their grandkids about it for the next 50 years. it's what true fans do.
ahhh youth...
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #73
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,558 Times in 2,992 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

well...
nakedness may be the reason for never tasering these women!!

ok...so i am gonna get serious about this...

i wonder how many new yorkers/oklahoma city peeps get nervous at a public event when a person starts to act out?? i mean they just found a bomb in times square.

i am personally under the suspicion when i leave my space where ever i may be with whoever i may be with that it is a possibility some freak is gonna come and rain on our parade/sporting event/charity function. i allow myself to be ready for this

i think if a venue decides to use a taser to enforce behavior then the fans should be told so...maybe some funny examples on the "big tron"
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #74
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
well...

i wonder how many new yorkers/oklahoma city peeps get nervous at a public event when a person starts to act out?? i mean they just found a bomb in times square.

i am personally under the suspicion when i leave my space where ever i may be with whoever i may be with that it is a possibility some freak is gonna come and rain on our parade/sporting event/charity function. i allow myself to be ready for this

i think if a venue decides to use a taser to enforce behavior then the fans should be told so...maybe some funny examples on the "big tron"
At least you know their almost definitely not carrying any weapons on their person.

I like your idea about promoting the knowledge that tasering would be an acceptable form of restraint and discipline for those who choose to do something like this. Truth in humor and using humor to make the message more palatable 'n all.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #75
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
well...

I am not sure, but wasn't it an off duty cop with a surprise tazer that got the boy?

I don't think a fan on the field is comparative to terrorism. Suspicious packages in the stadium are more scary. Also, I haven't been to any event sports, music or otherwise since 9/11 that doesn't wand and hand search spectators.

Anything can happen anywhere. I don't want to live my life in fear of what *might* happen. Just go ahead and kill me now rather than having me exist in fear.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #76
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am not sure, but wasn't it an off duty cop with a surprise tazer that got the boy?

I don't think a fan on the field is comparative to terrorism. Suspicious packages in the stadium are more scary. Also, I haven't been to any event sports, music or otherwise since 9/11 that doesn't wand and hand search spectators.

Anything can happen anywhere. I don't want to live my life in fear of what *might* happen. Just go ahead and kill me now rather than having me exist in fear.

Ohio State Games do not have a wand to go over, they look at your ticket you go in, they may have you open your back pack if you have one and briefly look in..

If you are a student, they check your ID if it's a student ticket..

Though I would like to see any Michigan Wolverine tasered as they entered the field..

I am a sick puppy though
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #77
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Only if they are being violent.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #78
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Ohio State Games do not have a wand to go over, they look at your ticket you go in, they may have you open your back pack if you have one and briefly look in..

If you are a student, they check your ID if it's a student ticket..

Though I would like to see any Michigan Wolverine tasered as they entered the field..

I am a sick puppy though
Oh. We don't likey the Wolverines?

I guess it depends on the venue as far as searches and wanding. Who knew? I might not go to an event where there weren't heightened security precautions.

What team are the puppies?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:27 PM   #79
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,783 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not sure anyone has brought this up yet, but...

Tom Gamboa. The name probably doesn't ring a bell with anyone except a hardcore baseball freak like me. He is best known as the first base coach the Kansas City Royals in 2002 who was attacked by two fans who came charging out of the stands during the game in Chicago. Gamboa was seriously injured in the incident. Today, Sporting News Online interviewed Gamboa, asking him his thoughts on the tasered fan. I think it is worthy to include his thoughts.

What does Gamboa think about the fans running on the field in Philadelphia?

Gamboa: I'm on a golf vacation and didn't know anything about this. I hadn't seen TV or heard radio until at the golf course today, a sports radio guy came up and he filled me in on what happened. And then only just prior to your show did your producer tell me what happened tonight, and I just cringed when I heard that because that is so reminiscent of my situation, when I was in Chicago in '02.

The next time we went to Chicago in April of '03, there were tons of security people, and I said to the security director, "What is all this for?" And they said, "Well, because your team is back in town, and the last time you were here, the incident occurred." And I laughed and said, "Gee, did they really think lightning was going to strike twice?"

And there were actually three incidents in one game of people copycatting, and the third one was where the guy tried to tackle the first base umpire. So it's a shame, I just wish the fans would understand their only place is in the stands, and never any reason on the field of play to take away from the enjoyment of what everyone is there for, which is the competition on the field. But it just seems like we're in a society where people are looking for any kind of what they think is fame or infamy at any cost. And once somebody does it, then you got people jumping on the bandwagon trying to be copycats. It's really a shame.

What is Gamboa's opinion on harsher penalties for fans going on the field?

Gamboa: Certainly, after my attack, Major League Baseball did a great job of really coming up. You look at every stadium now, they've got guys sitting back to back near the dugout, and down both lines, and the ushers between innings will come down right near the rail to act as a detriment for people to do this.

But you're right, if there's 40 or 50,000 fans, they're always going to outnumber the ushers and the security people. So it's virtually impossible to keep 'em, and I wish I had an answer for it. But I agree with you wholeheartedly, the penalties are not stringent enough.

My God, in my case the guy was given probation, and after violating it on four more occasions, the judge continued to give him probation because he said we had to understand this guy had an alcohol and a drug problem. I mean, it just seems to me like society makes excuses for people's behavior rather than the more stringent thing of holding people accountable for their actions. And maybe a stiffer first offense, some mandatory time – whether it's a week or 30 days, I don't have the answer – but some time incarcerated to deter other people from following suit.

What did Gamboa take away from the 2002 incident, when he was attacked by a father and son on the field?

Gamboa: My only question in court was, "Why me?" The thing that I got was, "We were on drugs when we got to the park, then we drank beer throughout the game, and then we made a decision to get attention so when we got on the field, you were the closest one to us and your back was turned, so you were an easy target."So, basically I was just at the right place doing my job at the wrong time with these two wackos. But having to coach third base with the Cubs prior to my tenure with the Royals, I can tell you, I loved going into Philadelphia. Like Chicago, they are die hard fans that support their team, and there's an electricity in the ballpark there. I would hate to see, like I said about Chicago, I would hate to see Philly get a bad rap because of a couple of stupid people doing a bad act, because it doesn't reflect to me, the city or the sports fans that they have. And I hope that gets across as this story goes around.

*I have highlighted portions for emphasis.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #80
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

I really don't get why a cop should have to/get to carry his weapons with him when he's off duty. But then, I'm Canadian. We're not all about the running around carrying weapons up here.