Old 03-11-2020, 08:18 PM   #3941
randomnotes

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

randomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputation

And now the NBA has suspended the season. It’s like in the last 48 hours it’s really blown up.
randomnotes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to randomnotes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 05:31 AM   #3942
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomnotes View Post
Have you ever been to The Turkey Leg Hut in Houston? It’s fairly well known and has all manners of turkey legs with toppings. My in laws live in Houston so we go frequently. And I’ve been harassing my wife to take me to the Hut for at least six months. Lol. She’s not going to get out of it this time if we still drive to Houston with this outbreak!
I passed this place on Tuesday and was wondering if i should take my dad...
Old 03-12-2020, 06:55 AM   #3943
randomnotes

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

randomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputationrandomnotes Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I passed this place on Tuesday and was wondering if i should take my dad...
Well we decided against going to Houston this weekend. But I think you should check that place out. It’s supposed to be crazy good!
randomnotes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randomnotes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2020, 11:08 AM   #3944
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Canada & coronavirus

Um, well, from Canada, the CBC News Network which I have been watching through my cable is wall-to-wall 24/7 pretty much only about the coronavirus. Both the Federal govt (new emergency warning) and the provinces have advised that Canadians no longer travel abroad and that every Canadian who is travelling abroad return home, some of whom are having trouble getting a flight home and/or being offered "price-gouging" costs, ugh. Here, Parliament has been suspended for 5 weeks. There is even a rumour (?) of Canada closing its border (?) - idk. Quebec would like the feds to close the Canadian border to tourists - Trudeau doesn't agree - so far.

There are presently almost 300 confirmed cases in Canada. And, provinces are announcing measures to prohibit large gatherings. Many activities across Canada are being cancelled.

The only thing I liked about the above was that many of the doctors speaking from different provinces being interviewed were women and hardly had any makeup on at all. I really like seeing women who appear natural. After a while, I couldn't take watching all this bad news, so I watched 2 episodes of the new Natl. Geo series COSMOS: Possible Worlds (2020-), hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson - pretty good btw, except that it seemed like sci-fi compared with what is happening in the world.

There has been an incredible amount of panic buying and hoarding, as I witnessed last Friday, while doing regular shopping - the lines !!, in the 2 major supermarkets (Thrifty's & Save-on-Foods), no toilet paper (I saw a clerk wheeling a big dolly full of unopened boxes full of TP in that aisle), frozen vegs & frozen fruit packages pretty much all gone, etc. etc... I had to go to the 2nd supermarket 'cause Thrifty's was all sold out of Chapman's ice cream, which I managed to pick up at Save-on-Foods with some delicious apple pie; thank god I only had a few items and there was an express lane for people like me.

I am now actually concerned and worried. Also, I will have to alter some of my eating-out habits: I will miss going out weekly to get take-out Chinese food, my favourite weekly Japanese feasts, and others.

I am pretty well stocked up on everything else, even natural alcohol-based hand sanitizer, made locally
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 05:45 PM   #3945
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Forget spring: Blizzard forecast for north-central U.S.

The calendar may say spring is almost here, but winter isn't quite done yet.

A blizzard is forecast for portions of the north-central U.S. this week, which will make travel "difficult if not impossible" in some areas. Weather conditions on the last day of winter "will seem more like the middle of January for an approximate 1,200-mile-long swath of the central United States on Thursday," AccuWeather said.

Blizzard conditions will spread across portions of Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska and South Dakota, due to strong winds and a heavy rate of snow. A general 3-6 inches of snow is forecast to fall over parts of the central Rockies, central and northern Plains and the upper Great Lakes region," AccuWeather meteorologist Brandon Buckingham said. "From 6-12 inches of snow is forecast in parts of Colorado, Wyoming and western Nebraska, as well as a portion of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan." Up to two feet of snow is possible in mountainous areas of Wyoming and Colorado, the National Weather Service predicted.

Major metro areas in the path of the snowstorm include Denver and Minneapolis. Moderate accumulations are expected in the Denver metro area, with higher amounts, as usual, in the western and southern foothills, the Weather Channel said.Minneapolis could see a "plowable snowfall," the weather service said.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #3946
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Canadian/U.S. Border is going to be closed!

I just watched a part of the National on the CBC News Network (which is now free to stream for anyone in the world because of the crisis, especially for those stranded in other countries) before logging off the news channels for this evening, and it seems that Canada and the U.S. are just about to close a "deal" to close the Canadian/U.S. border to anyone who is a tourist, etc. I guess truckers bringing in supplies - going back and forth will be exempt, apart from a few other exceptions.

I have enough stored up to stay here for a month or two or even more, before needing to go out to restock (my cabinets are full, so is my freezer and frig, apart from a little walk to the corner store to get milk, etc. as needed. I may just go out to get fresh air and just walk around the block.

The horror of it all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 07:50 AM   #3947
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Trump just closed the US & Canadian border except essential personal and trade.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:06 AM   #3948
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default What a tool....

Rand Paul.......first it was...

Trying to block the funding of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund

Now

He's put a damper on fast passage of a $$ bill which would include provisions for free coronavirus testing, secure paid emergency leave, enhance unemployment insurance, strengthen food security initiatives and increase federal Medicaid funding to states.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 09:49 AM   #3949
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

This morning on MSNBC Stephanie Ruhle engaged in a discussion pertaining to
airlines begging for bailouts, then pointed out how they've used 96% of the cash (they received in tax breaks) on buybacks. Being ignorant of even what buybacks were (I've since tried to educate myself somewhat) I found this riveting!

She also brought up an excellent example how the economy may not bounce right back up as Trump predicts. Another point, about small mom and pop businesses inability to survive these new close down regulations (many don't have pre-ordering apps, drive-thru, etc etc).I know yesterday at Trumps press meeting he featured Hilton Hotel big wigs etc etc I had to turn the channel it made me so disgusted he used them instead of small business owners!

In all honesty I have to admit I'd never cared much for Stephanie Ruhle, but after today I have a new found respect for her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #3950
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
airlines begging for bailouts, then pointed out how they've used 96% of the cash (they received in tax breaks) on buybacks. Being ignorant of even what buybacks were (I've since tried to educate myself somewhat) I found this riveting!

She also brought up an excellent example how the economy may not bounce right back up as Trump predicts. Another point, about small mom and pop businesses inability to survive these new close down regulations (many don't have pre-ordering apps, drive-thru, etc etc).I know yesterday at Trumps press meeting he featured Hilton Hotel big wigs etc etc I had to turn the channel it made me so disgusted he used them instead of small business owners!

In all honesty I have to admit I'd never cared much for Stephanie Ruhle, but after today I have a new found respect for her.
Oh another thing I forgot to mention. She brought up why should some of these cruise-lines be bailed out when they are based out of other countries and pay almost no corporate tax.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 10:34 AM   #3951
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

what do u think of this idea....when this is in control and we get back to our lives.. The government gives SMALL business loans .05% interest rates for them to start again. also it should become an insurance option to take out personally and business wise. pandemic insurance.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:15 AM   #3952
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
what do u think of this idea....when this is in control and we get back to our lives.. The government gives SMALL business loans .05% interest rates for them to start again. also it should become an insurance option to take out personally and business wise. pandemic insurance.
I think it would be a better idea to give small businesses the loans now, so they can use the money to stay open and pay their employees, at least for the short term.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 07:16 PM   #3953
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,763 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

The thing that is getting me is the Airlines and cruise ships all wanting bailouts. These industries will survive just fine without a government hand out. Besides they just got one that was (don't quote me on this) but something like $46B and they spent it all on stock buy backs. Now if a small business or citizen did that and then asked for another hand out, what would they get told? All these tax cuts and things big corporations are getting are supposed to be for the employees and not the CEOs. Big companies have been hoarding for too long. Make them take care of the people they employ and fore go that new Yacht or Plane people. The little guy is proving right now.....during this very crisis......that THEY are the ones keeping you all going. It's about fucking time you took care of these people.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ai...cks-2020-03-18
Old 03-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #3954
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Trump says he knew coronavirus was a pandemic 'long before' it was declared..

Malarkey as Joe Biden would say!

Doesn't this fool (Trump) realize there is video of him as late as March 7th saying everything from it being a hoax by the dems, to it'll just disappear, etc etc!?
Old 03-18-2020, 08:00 PM   #3955
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Hotel CEOs tell Trump coronavirus is forcing thousands of layoffs..

Trump met at the White House Tuesday with the heads of Hilton, Marriott, Best Western, and other major hotel chains to discuss the impact that the COVID-19 virus is having on their businesses. While the CEOs promised that it would be business as usual once the coronavirus crisis has passed, they told the president that they are being forced to shutter many of their hotels in the meantime and need to find a way to stay financially afloat amid the outbreak.

RIGHT and why didn't he include some small business hotel owners as well? With all the ways these big chains can and do apply "hidden fees" to room fees I would think they'd have some back up cash to see them thru!
Old 03-18-2020, 10:46 PM   #3956
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation
Default (Amusing) Isn't It Ironic? Trump Doesn't Get His Wall Built

Per the Irish Times newspaper, an Irish appeals board for a land commission has denied the Trump family to build a sea wall along their golf course. The golf resort has already lost two holes and a third has been moved inland, due to the Atlantic Ocean washing them away.

In the request to build a sea wall, the Trump family claimed that climate change (a phenomenon that Donald Trump claims not to believe in) has affected the beach along his golf course, and proposes building a sea wall to correct the problem. Environmentalists and others protested the sea wall, and the land commission agreed with them: a sea wall would be unsightly, would make the corrosion worse, and would damage the sand dunes.

Trump has supposedly spent $40M on this property and has not made a profit.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 10:52 PM   #3957
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Per the Irish Times newspaper, an Irish appeals board for a land commission has denied the Trump family to build a sea wall along their golf course. The golf resort has already lost two holes and a third has been moved inland, due to the Atlantic Ocean washing them away.

In the request to build a sea wall, the Trump family claimed that climate change (a phenomenon that Donald Trump claims not to believe in) has affected the beach along his golf course, and proposes building a sea wall to correct the problem. Environmentalists and others protested the sea wall, and the land commission agreed with them: a sea wall would be unsightly, would make the corrosion worse, and would damage the sand dunes.

golfing makes him orange lol couldn't resist !
Old 03-19-2020, 12:27 AM   #3958
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool Trump using terms like "hoax"

To me, it is obvious, that Trump knew that the coronavirus wasn't a hoax, just like when he called the impeachment a hoax. He lies, that's all there is to it. He isn't stupid, he's just an a**hole. He doesn't care about people, only about himself and $$. Moreover, my viewpoint is that he probably thinks that people who are vulnerable to the disease are just a drag on the economy, and if they die, so what - probably he thinks that it would be better if they do, because they would be the types who would vote for the Dems. He is not alone thinking that.

I think often of the lead poisoning in communities that are poor in the States, and that no one does much about it, knowing full well that it will affect a large sector of the black pop for a generation to come - it's a form of genocide - in other words, deliberate.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 06:29 PM   #3959
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee,

...pathetic piece of shit!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...private-137407

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-crash-started
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 07:39 PM   #3960
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post

Lmao (or not).

Forget that civics lesson we were all supposed to get during his impeachment trial.

I think everyone should have a Doctorate, by now, in what Narccisim / Sociopathy is.

That is exactly how disturbed individuals like this operate. They dont care because they cant care. Nothing fazes ppl with disturbing disorders like T***p, who will do anything to distract you from seeing who they really are.

Thanks for posting about how he couldnt con ppl into giving him a sea wall.

That just made my day hearing he couldnt get what he wanted.

I surely do hope ppl remember how he and his cronies have taken a wrecking ball to their lives and society, come November.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 03-19-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news