Old 07-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #81
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation
Default Healthy chocolate cake!!!

(Chickpea) Cake

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil 8" round cake pan. Line bottom with a circle of waxed paper.
In food processor, blend until smooth:
2 cups canned chickpeas
1/3 cup orange juice
Add 4 large room temperature eggs, one at a time, pulsing after each addition.

Add:
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda

Process until well blended, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes (until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean). Remove cake from oven and let cool on a rack 15 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with fruit or whipped topping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2myladyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2010, 06:18 AM   #82
Janstevie

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Butch
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,334 Times in 415 Posts
Janstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST Reputation

There are four basic food groups..

Milk chocolate
Dark chocolate
White chocolate and
Chocolate truffle.
Janstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janstevie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #83
Janstevie

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Butch
Relationship Status:
single

Janstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST ReputationJanstevie Has the BEST Reputation

I have this theory that chocolate slows down the ageing process.... it may not be true, but do i dare take the chance.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Janstevie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #84
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2myladyblue View Post
(Chickpea) Cake

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly oil 8" round cake pan. Line bottom with a circle of waxed paper.
In food processor, blend until smooth:
2 cups canned chickpeas
1/3 cup orange juice
Add 4 large room temperature eggs, one at a time, pulsing after each addition.

Add:
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda

Process until well blended, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes (until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean). Remove cake from oven and let cool on a rack 15 minutes before removing from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with fruit or whipped topping.
I am Diabetic, and I wonder if Spenda Brown Sugar would work in this receipe.... Since I love chocolate I am off to find out!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #85
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of chocolate I bought a chocolately brownie for dessert and had a chocolate croissant for a snack but that's all for the week I suppose to be dieting!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lipstixgal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #86
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Aunt Margaret's Southern Pie

Ingredients
  • 1 1/3 cups white sugar
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
  • 3 egg whites
  • 6 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
Directions
  1. Combine 1 1/3 cups sugar, flour, and cocoa in a deep saucepan. Beat egg yolks with milk. Slowly add to sugar mixture. Cook on medium heat until thick while stirring with a flat bottomed wooden spoon. Remove mixture from heat, and stir in the butter or margarine until melted. Pour filling into baked pie crust.
  2. To Make Meringue Topping: Whip egg whites in a glass bowl. Add remaining sugar one tablespoon at a time (you may not need all of the sugar) until peaks form. You may need to add cream of tartar to help add stiffness. Spread the meringue over the chocolate filling.
  3. Bake at 325 degrees F until the peaks of the meringue are browned.
Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2010, 04:00 AM   #87
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Have any of you ever tried chocolate ice-cream with candied ginger?
The combination of the two (chocolate and ginger) is heavenly!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #88
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALovelyKiss View Post
ice cream & candied ginger....Hmmmm.....I never would have thought of that....but it can't be too hard to do....Heavenly, you say? I'll have to try that. Thanks Lovely!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2myladyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #89
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

[QUOTE=Ms. Tabitha;157421]
Aunt Margaret's Southern Pie

This looks SO YUMMY Ms. Tabitha! (I wish I could eat it!) Someone will have to make this & report back (nudge, nudge...)

I have a similar vegan recipe that I'll have to post soon....
(stay tuned Veg-heads!)

~Blue
Old 07-27-2010, 11:46 PM   #90
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

Default in case you're interested....

It looks like Metamucil has come out with a chocolate flavoured fibre supplement....
Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #91
Janstevie

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Butch
Relationship Status:
single

The 12-step chocoholic's program: NEVER BE MORE THAN 12 STEPS AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE.

Last edited by Janstevie; 08-06-2010 at 08:32 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Janstevie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #92
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I am Diabetic, and I wonder if Spenda Brown Sugar would work in this receipe.... Since I love chocolate I am off to find out!
I tried this receipe with regular brown sugar, and my Kasey and I loved it! My daughter not so much...it has a dark chocolate kind of taste, and she is more a milk chocolate kind of girl.

I made a fresh cherry sauce to go with it...Yumbolicious!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #93
chefhottie25

How Do You Identify?:
boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy
Relationship Status:
happily taken

chefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputationchefhottie25 Has the BEST Reputation

I envy those of you that post here...i am allergic to chocolate.
chefhottie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chefhottie25 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #94
torchiegirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 1,605 Times in 545 Posts
torchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputation

Esther Price Opera Creams are to die for. The light chocolate. Normally I'm a dark chocolate kind of girl.
. I may have posted this before but I ain't lookin' for it! .
torchiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to torchiegirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #95
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

my all time favorite lazy treat to eat is fresh pineapple chunks that are dipped in chocolate fondue sauce and then rolled in coconut flakes- before the chocolate cools off and hardens... *yum*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 09:56 PM   #96
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I tried this receipe with regular brown sugar, and my Kasey and I loved it! My daughter not so much...it has a dark chocolate kind of taste, and she is more a milk chocolate kind of girl.

I made a fresh cherry sauce to go with it...Yumbolicious!
Oooooohhh.... sauce!!! YU-U-UMMMMMmmmm!!!
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Tink.

~Blue

Old 08-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #97
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

Quote:
my all time favorite lazy treat to eat is fresh pineapple chunks that are dipped in chocolate fondue sauce and then rolled in coconut flakes- before the chocolate cools off and hardens... *yum*
OMG.....this sounds heavenly Lovely!

~Blue
Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #98
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Quote:
OMG.....this sounds heavenly Lovely!

~Blue
I know! Today is national smores day, did you know that???
See the thing is, in order to enjoy chocolate and fruit and sparkly stuff, one must have a bonfire - preferrably one in blue! *lol* I went to a New Years bondfire party, several years ago, and I made those treats to take to the party. I soaked them in rum first though...
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #99
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

Quote:
I finally tried this!

Mmmm....the heat of ginger & the cold of ice cream....fire & ice on the tongue...

Now I just have to dig out my chocolate fondue set & try your pineapple treat, Lovely!

~Blue
Old 08-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #100
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Quote:
I finally tried this! Mmmm....the heat of ginger & the cold of ice cream....fire & ice on the tongue...

Now I just have to dig out my chocolate fondue set & try your pineapple treat, Lovely!

~Blue

That's what I love about the combination of chocolate and ginger - two great cause and effect agents in one little neat package: "Fire & Ice" !!!!

That's great that you liked those two items together - when I first tried it, I thought "Whaaaat??? is it good????" LOL! It was so good that I like my chocolate with ginger as a primary preference! HA!

RE: Pineapple, coconut and chocolate - I tried it first as they were in their own natural element of taste; then, for something different, I tried soaking the pineapple in rum later and I liked it on both ocassions!

I have a special cookie recipe that uses chocolate chips, walnuts and kaluha too (and other herbal elements), but these cookies are more for a tx (treatment purpose) only and just a crumble or two of the cookie is enough of a dose to boost past pain levels, etc. But, each time I make them, I can never tell if they are too strong or what, so I always go easy when I'm making them because it's a crap shoot.... I always feel like my scientific skills could use improvement because it's an experimental process.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: