Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Thinking Harder

Old 05-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Ok when are they?

Google is your friend...Just look up the big city names and Pride.

Manchester is always August Bank Holiday weekend.

Blackpool - my small home town pride is late this year and is the second weekend in June and it's held here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=blackpool+north+pier&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=IDs&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&prmd=ivnsm&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=P0j ITbaVDMrA8QOwyen2Bw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2 &ved=0CBgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1421&bih=832
The Fag Father and I are doing something special for this year's Pride...I'm sure I'll post a picture or two.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #22
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Would love to attend Pride in the UK!
Yes I think that would be fun. I wanna go..
Old 05-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #23
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Yes I think that would be fun. I wanna go..
Brighton Pride is the one many rave about. It's a south coast gay/Queer (for those of us too grumpy to be 'gay') mecca.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 02:43 PM   #24
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Knight in shining armour.
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

You should come =]
Old 05-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #25
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

do Americans drink tea ??
Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #26
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Yes we do , But I think we drink it differently. Personally I drink tea by the gallon! I make Strawberry tea, no sugar, on ice. Sometimes earl grey and ginger peach.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #27
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Yes! Although I think iced tea would probably show as more popular than hot tea in most places. When I stopped doing caffeine a few years back, I switched to herbal tea then when I decided that not doing caffeine was silly, I switched to just plain hot tea. I drink the occasional cup of coffee now but my warm drink of choice now is usually a mug of hot tea. Nothing fancy, it's usually just Liptons because that's what we keep on hand to use for iced tea.

Do the English drink coffee?
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #28
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
Yes! Although I think iced tea would probably show as more popular than hot tea in most places. When I stopped doing caffeine a few years back, I switched to herbal tea then when I decided that not doing caffeine was silly, I switched to just plain hot tea. I drink the occasional cup of coffee now but my warm drink of choice now is usually a mug of hot tea. Nothing fancy, it's usually just Liptons because that's what we keep on hand to use for iced tea.

Do the English drink coffee?
Yup we do...we have a real coffee culture going on here. I use an either an Italian stove top pot or a French press for making coffee at home but nothing beats going to my fave independent coffee shop and having a tall machiato or a double mach (if I need to wake up). However, I personally drink more tea than coffee nowadays.

Do 'mericans eat Marmite?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #29
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

We seem to drink more tea than coffee.

In time of crisis us Brits always put the kettle on .. Tea solves everything lol.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #30
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Yuck to marmite*speets*
Old 05-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #31
Daktari

Quote:
Yuck to marmite*speets*
Ya poof! Marmite puts 'airs on yer chest man!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #32
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Ya poof! Marmite puts 'airs on yer chest man!

Ha .. Don't need em .. Butch enough =p
Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #33
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Have any of you americans had a fry up or a Sunday dinner ??
Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #34
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I make a goooood sunday roast, my former mother-in-law taught me how to disguise the parsnips as roast potatoes too.

I'm not fan of milky tea, and I detest instant coffee...but I managed just fine in blighty.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #35
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Not anymore! frying is bad for you .
But Sunday fried chicken yum. Use to too make that alot, with mashed potatoes.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #36
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I make a goooood sunday roast, my former mother-in-law taught me how to disguise the parsnips as roast potatoes too.

I'm not fan of milky tea, and I detest instant coffee...but I managed just fine in blighty.
Roast parsnips are yum and a must with Sunday lunch.

Now here we get what I think is a funny usage of UK English...

Do you 'mericans (to include all the races and nationalities who inhabit North America where this website is based) have dinner at lunch-time and tea at dinner time? Or is it always lunch in the middle of the day and dinner or supper at the end of the day?

Merlin I bet you have dinner and tea don't ya? I do at home but with Un-Mrs.I we have lunch and dinner.

How about you other Brits here too?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #37
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

What's a "fry up"?

Formal Sunday dinner here used to be almost a cultural icon, but I think most people today probably are more casual.

Marmite sounds rather... um... powerful.

I've been enjoying the thread; thank you for starting it, Merlin.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #38
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Do you 'mericans (to include all the races and nationalities who inhabit North America where this website is based) have dinner at lunch-time and tea at dinner time? Or is it always lunch in the middle of the day and dinner or supper at the end of the day?
I grew up always having lunch in the middle of the day, supper as the evening meal, and "dinner" only when it was formal--like the lunchtime "Sunday dinner." Tea time, as I understand it, is earlier than supper time; supper was always after work, so anywhere between 5:30 and 7 p.m.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #39
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know what a fry up is either.

Growing up, in a rural/farming community in Texas, the midday meal was called dinner and the evening meal was called supper. Dinner was usually a larger meal and, during certain times of the year was packed up and taken to the field so that everyone could eat together. Supper was usually smaller but was still usually something fried.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 07:11 PM   #40
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I grew up always having lunch in the middle of the day, supper as the evening meal, and "dinner" only when it was formal--like the lunchtime "Sunday dinner." Tea time, as I understand it, is earlier than supper time; supper was always after work, so anywhere between 5:30 and 7 p.m.
Yes and that's how it traditionally is here but also traditionally because it's been that way for generations, working class northerners have had dinner in the middle of the day and tea (meaning dinner) later in the day after work. Must just be a Brit thing huh?

translation...Fry up (UK English: verb, adverb) a selection of fried food such as; bacon, sausage, eggs, mushrooms, black pudding et al...often accompanied with *shudders* Heinz baked beans and tinned plum or fried tomato (I'll pass on the tomato-y stuff ta ever so ) ......usually served with toast and lashings of tea.