Old 02-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #81
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have many pet peeves but one of my big ones is using words that aren't actually words. Case in point: SUPPOSABLY. Also, people who email, write or text using u, ur, and similar shortcuts. FFS, the actual words are only three or four letters.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #82
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
The majority of these are my pet peeves, yet, I’ve had two long term relationships…..not really been single much in my adult life…..So, I can’t be that hard to live with (despite so many pet peeves) and I doubt it’s because I’m fairly laid back as a person; pet peeves really twist my melon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
mine too, so how do we know if it's US or THEM with the problem? ?
Quote:
Good question! I've been trying to work that one out, lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Crabby View Post

I guess my number one pet peeve would be someone trying to turn me into them.....

I put things away, I pick up things, I cook, etc......If I'm not doing it the way someone likes......they are more than welcome to do it - and forever

The roomie and I have already crossed this bridge - I'm not her, she's not me and I'm a functioning adult and able to continue to do so without directions lol

She's rather ocd about the cupboards and I respect that and put things back the way she arranges - but if I forget cuz I'm tired after work and she's had all day to rearrange something I misplaced cuz she doesn't, then I guess I would peeve about her leaving it as is to show and *correct* me.

I don't need correction because I don't do something someone else's way. My daughter had her own butter to avoid the Kidlette and I getting crumbs in it. It was about compromise and that works for me rather than my letting things like that upset my life.

Speaking from my *me* space.......
You may well have it the 'Nail on the Head!' I've been sitting here thinking about this whilst having lunch.....I accept people as they are; it doesn't stop me griping about pet peeves, but, I understand they are part of what makes each of us who we are!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #83
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

The constant whining puggle is starting to become a pet peeve this morning lol...

I am actually pretty easy going, I don't feel i have TOO many pet peeves, Sure there are things that may get on my nerves lol but I am sure I do things that would probably be a pet peeve of others, but if you tell me i'll try my best to be good ...

ketchup bottle farts make me giggle..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #84
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

<Smacks myself on the head> No wonder the Pats did not win the Super Bowl!!! I didn't bark MY game plan loud enough LMAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
EVEN doing a football game?? how will they know what to do???
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #85
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

people who don't correct their kids

people who think bratty children are *cute*

people who think their baby is the only one walk and breathe at the same time
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #86
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice guy View Post
Constant burping.

Constant burping without saying excuse me each time.
If a person has heart burn and they find burping releaving, please, go to another room. Do your thing, then join me to hang out!
I don't want to hear it!
*cringe*
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #87
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

people who drive slow in the passing lane!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #88
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
People in the library who do not react to their baby starting to cry by getting up and immediately moving in the direction of the bathroom or the exit
IT IS HAPPENING RIGHT. NOW.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #89
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai~ View Post
It bugs me when people wear shoes in the house.
If you come over for a visit, please take them off!
I don't know where you've walked!
I don't know if you've walked through someone's hork on the sidewalk!

My home is my nice clean sanctuary!
Leave your dirty dusty shoes at the door!
I don't wear shoes in your home.
Please don't wear them in mine!
Ooo, I am kind of the opposite of this. Please keep your shoes on around me. I once dated someone whose feet were VILE!!! Asking her to go wash them didn't help either-she wouldn't. She laughed & joked about it and I was about to be sick because it was so bad.

But I am also very sensitive to smell so I may overly picky about this.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #90
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
IT IS HAPPENING RIGHT. NOW.
LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #91
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

being called honey or hon by people i don't know well enough to call me honey or hon
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #92
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

People who leave used tissues lying around......It's disgustingly unhygienic! Flush them down the toilet, please!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #93
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
People who leave used tissues lying around......It's disgustingly unhygienic! Flush them down the toilet, please!
Yup, i like em flushed too!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #94
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I like my towels hung nicely and evenly in my bathroom. I 'fix' them if I have guests over. <insert eyeroll of a foxy dork>

I hand wash my dishes, I live alone, so its no biggie. BUT... how hard is it to get all the food of the dishes?? Two of my ex's were so <shudder> inattentive I would often toss the dishes back into the sink, getting me the dreaded - evil eye. Pfft Plz.... So, I checked my cutlery and dishes before I put food on them. That just grosses me out. Like....alot.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #95
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm guilty of the hon, honey, dear, etc thing. Sometimes. I don't say it to just anyone and it stems directly from my upbringing. I'm from the South and everyone was a darlin' or sweetie or whatnot. Just like I'll still call elderly woman Miss and whatever their first name is. That's just the way I was brought up, although I do try to put a cork in it when around folks that might not feel comfy with it.

It irks me tremendously when someone who is NOT from the South (at least, to my knowledge) does it. It irks me more when it's condescending, no matter who says it.

Frankly, I'm so damn picky and finnicky, I don't know how I've gotten as many people to live with me as I have.

Everything has a place and there's a place for everything. Lids gets screwed on tight, not just 'put on' something. Ovens get wiped every day, as do counter tops. If a freshly washed and dried dish (by someone else of course, as it would not happen with me) still has spots or bits of food on it, it gets washed again. Immediately.

I think having proper manners covers a lot of stuff that's already been posted, whether it's a burp issue or mess leaving issue or someone just not being courteous to others in the household.

As for the specific circumstance of having crumbs in the butter, I get squinchy-faced when I see it, but I don't always scoop it out because I know they are just going to return. It's a never ending battle and some days I'm just plumb out of ammo.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #96
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I have a few pet peeves.. lol

people who spit when they talk, i will step away in an attempt to avoid the flying particles

tooth paste in the sink.. i am so glad that you brush your teeth.. i dont need the evidence left for me to clean

poor etiquette, lack of manners. Is it really that difficult to say please, thank you, your welcome, excuse me?

spit.. i gag when i see people spitting on the ground, out the window.. yuck!!!
And if we are intimate.. and you gob on your hand rather than grab lube.. i am freakin out of there!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #97
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Most things don't get to me..they use to, but then I realized life was short and little things weren't worth bitching about. That being said I do have a couple things that get to me from time to time

~ when I get distracted and my cereal that is suppose to be crunchy gets soggy

~ In the past I have had people decide to re-organize my stuff or move it...when I put something somewhere that's where I'm going to go to find it again. If it's not there I end up feeling like I'm loosing my mind...or my memory and that's never a good feeling. I should be able to find my stuff and not have to ask every minute where something is located. There is something to be said about living somewhere and knowing where to find things.
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #98
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post

poor etiquette, lack of manners. Is it really that difficult to say please, thank you, your welcome, excuse me?

spit.. i gag when i see people spitting on the ground, out the window.. yuck!!!
And if we are intimate.. and you gob on your hand rather than grab lube.. i am freakin out of there!!!
Also, people who close one nostril then blow hard to "clear" the other nostril.....that's pure disgusting!

People who Nose-mine then wipe their fingers on the inside of their pockets or eat it.....just don't ever come near me!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #99
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[B]Someone blowing their nose at a table in a restaurant...OR sit and hark and clear their throats..repeatedly...just damn gross and disrespectful.....GO TO THE RESTROOM.... PLEASE! TY!
Buffets, while I dearly LOVE them..anymore I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer to use AFTER I have served myself and before I eat my food....people will lick their damn hand then touch the tongs......OR people will rub their snotty nose and touch them....or pick their teeth with their fingers then touch the tongs...OR flip and flit with the hair..PLEASE...NOT over the buffet...geesh...what PIGS!
SNEEZERS who DO NOT COVER their damn mouth,,puuuhhlease.....do they have ANY idea how those little goblet cells they sneeze out in the microbursts disperse and linger in the air....long after they have gone..and not to mention it sprays food, etc. Go wash your freaking hands, folks...geeshh... enough to make me NOT want to eat at a buffet...
Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #100
Morgan

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, hy, hym, does not matter
Relationship Status:
I am enjoying life....

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,604 Times in 411 Posts
Morgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST ReputationMorgan Has the BEST Reputation

I hate when you are driving towards a freeway on ramp in an unfamilar area and do not know which side the ramp will be on, until you get up to it. I always seem to be on the wrong side of the road. Then I have to drive up somewhere, turn around and back track, why can't they just put signs up before you get to the ramp to tell you left or right turn....

Tags
pet peeve