Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

View Poll Results: How do you feel about backscatter xrays?
They are great! Whatever it takes to keep us safe. 14 14.89%
They are horrific! I would rather risk being blown up. 20 21.28%
Eh, necessary evil 45 47.87%
Other (see below) 15 15.96%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #41
tuffboi29

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..in the queer deffinition of the queer meaning of the queer word...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. SuperTuff
Relationship Status:
Things happen...

tuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputation
Default X-ray my WHAT???

I've got one word for this all.....AMTRAK.....wait..no...two words....BOAT...
Never will I fly let alone be subjected to this horrible abuse of 'athority'.
"Today we would pass through the scenes of our youth like travelers. We are burnt up by hard facts; like tradesmen we understand distinctions, and like butchers, necessities. We are no longer untroubled - we are indifferent. We might exist there; but, should we really live there?"

~Erich Maria Remarque "All Quiet on the Western Front"

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4605968_n.jpg
tuffboi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #42
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Dean Thoreau..U r right bout the humor,after I read you post I laughd a bit and thought why the hell not.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #43
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Talking backscatter solution !!!!

The Airport Solution

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the
airports.

Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will
detonate any explosive device you may have on you.

It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap
about racial profiling and this method would eliminate a long and expensive
trial. Justice would be swift and efficient. Case closed!

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now: you're in the
airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion.
Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention
standby passengers we now have a seat available on flight number..."

Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #44
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

John T: I don't understand how a sexual assault could be made a condition of my flying.
TSA Lady: This is not considered a sexual assault.
John T: It would be if you weren't the government.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #45
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

The prices we pay in this world in which we live.

When I fly, I follow the rules. No way around it. Follow rules or stay on the ground.

Someone mentioned it is optional. I say needs to be mandatory that everyone must have the scan or no one gets scanned.

Perhaps I am missing something here but what purpose does "optional" serve?
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #46
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

I too get the lil visit to the glass room and the pat downs because I set the scanners off everytime I go thru. It matters not that you carry a card from your surgeon stating you are a medical implant patient, lol. However, I'm all for anything that will guarantee the safety of the passengers aboard a plane to make sure there are safe arrivals and departures. Like someone said, it's a privlige to fly and there's always going to be some necessary evil to go along with privilige. I also found out during said scan that the foil inside a cigarette pack will set the damn thing off, sensitive persnickery lil machines they are.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #47
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

What I heard was a choice between an invasive xray or a patdown including between thighs and between buttocks.

If someone, someday, is found smuggling some potential device stuck up their behind, are we all supposed to bend over and take one for the country?

We have become slaves to terrorism. We are allowing terrorists to rule our lives. We are allowing the threats of terrorist to strip us of our rights and freedoms.

When is enough, enough?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #48
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I am not so sure if it is a privilege to fly... If I was going to pay that much to reach a destination of my choice and now you want to search me... In the process would you mind pulling my hair and smacking my ass? I have been stopped and frisked... The culprit... my ummm... nipple rings... serious? Dean, I love the idea of EVERYONE stepping into a little box... Win Win situation all the way around... Check this site out below... I know this isn't a laughing matter for many but sometimes humor is the only way to approach things...

http://wewontfly.com
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #49
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

It is not a privilege to fly but it is a right to ensure privacy of one's self. It's interesting to see where the outcry is coming from this. The trans community has been speaking out against the back scatter scanners for a while since it violates our right to privacy (regardless of what is said as to how the info isn't kept, it has been proven otherwise) as well they have received sensitivity training in regards to trans individuals (so far, I've never been challenged).

I try to avoid the back scatter simply because of the amount of travel I do. There are airports/transportation systems elsewhere in the world (Israel, I believe) who have far more stringent rules. I just wish TSA had a "business" travelers line so I'm behind people who know the rules, get through and go on.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #50
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I have to bypass all magnetic machines as I have a neuro implant. The times after 911 I did fly were frisky moments. Now I refuse to fly, if we cant drive there forget it, we don't really need to be there. I have and continue to receive x-rays, CT scans beyond "normal" levels because of my conditions, I sure as hell don't need TSA adding to my chances of getting that one dose that puts me over my bodies limit to withstand radiation.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #51
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs down

the frustrating thing about all of this xray machine stuff is it is not necessary.
they have dogs to do the sniffing so i dont understand why they deem this a necessary avenue. it is a ridiculous solution and to boot they want to be able to also pat our bodies down in ways that make me cringe!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I have to bypass all magnetic machines as I have a neuro implant. The times after 911 I did fly were frisky moments. Now I refuse to fly, if we cant drive there forget it, we don't really need to be there. I have and continue to receive x-rays, CT scans beyond "normal" levels because of my conditions, I sure as hell don't need TSA adding to my chances of getting that one dose that puts me over my bodies limit to withstand radiation.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #52
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i don't have a problem with it. i hate to fly, but i do twice a year or more. Whatever it takes to be safe and to get the job done quickly works for me.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #53
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Do what you got to do to keep us safe. So go on and X-RAY.

Personally, every time I get on airplane, I feel as though it may be my last time on one. I hate flying and always have, even before terrorism, but it doesn't stop me from going anywhere.

It still amazes me that these huge pieces of equipment have the ability to stay up in there air. In any case, that's neither here nor there.

As far as terrorism and folks sneaking shit on planes in any way they possibly can, these scanners best be 100%. I'm sure it's going to be a matter of time before catastrophe hits again. I hope I'm wrong, but...I don't think that will be the case.

So sad what we have to do and go through because of such hate and power hungry fuckers. What the world has to come to. There will never be peace...

That's a whole other thread....
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #54
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
The prices we pay in this world in which we live.

When I fly, I follow the rules. No way around it. Follow rules or stay on the ground.

Someone mentioned it is optional. I say needs to be mandatory that everyone must have the scan or no one gets scanned.

Perhaps I am missing something here but what purpose does "optional" serve?
It's only optional because there was initially enough concern that the TSA acquiesced and allowed pat-downs. The pat downs are quite invasive and frankly border on assault. In addition TSA agents are hassling individuals who respectfully opt-for pat downs.

The bottom line is there is zero validity for the need for these machines. They were put into play because someone stood to make a great deal of money.

They do not detect anything in bodily cavities.

To date TSA has stopped zero terrorists at TSA checkpoints.

It's theatre, pure and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
I too get the lil visit to the glass room and the pat downs because I set the scanners off everytime I go thru. It matters not that you carry a card from your surgeon stating you are a medical implant patient, lol. However, I'm all for anything that will guarantee the safety of the passengers aboard a plane to make sure there are safe arrivals and departures. Like someone said, it's a privlige to fly and there's always going to be some necessary evil to go along with privilige. I also found out during said scan that the foil inside a cigarette pack will set the damn thing off, sensitive persnickery lil machines they are.
It cannot guarantee yours, or anyone else's, safety. And to think that it does is just silly. I'm glad it makes you feel better to walk through them, but please don't fool yourself that it's solving anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
What I heard was a choice between an invasive xray or a patdown including between thighs and between buttocks.

If someone, someday, is found smuggling some potential device stuck up their behind, are we all supposed to bend over and take one for the country?

We have become slaves to terrorism. We are allowing terrorists to rule our lives. We are allowing the threats of terrorist to strip us of our rights and freedoms.

When is enough, enough?

We are allowing defense and security contractors to lobby the government to put million dollar machines in place in lieu of doing that actual hard work of fixing the issues which make us targets for terrorists. In lieu of doing the challenging, yet more beneficial work, of analyzing potential threats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
the frustrating thing about all of this xray machine stuff is it is not necessary.
they have dogs to do the sniffing so i dont understand why they deem this a necessary avenue. it is a ridiculous solution and to boot they want to be able to also pat our bodies down in ways that make me cringe!!!

It should make you cringe. The reason it's been done, aside from the fact that it made someone a lot of money is theatre. Making people feel like the government was doing something. The more important factors, such as changing the way airline crews are trained to deal with hijackers, reinforcing cockpit doors and requiring additional baggage screening weren't things that the public could see as actions. These continued infringements on our privacy, our movement and our persons are actions the public can see and say "well, it's for our own good." But it's not. It just costs us money. In taxes, in time that we have to pay a babysitter, in time when we could be working, in time in general. It just costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i don't have a problem with it. i hate to fly, but i do twice a year or more. Whatever it takes to be safe and to get the job done quickly works for me.
See above. Please follow the money. Who really stands to gain by this?

______

I'm sorry folks, In the first ten days of this month I had three horrific flying experiences and I've heard of dozens more from people I know and trust.

I am, by and large, a respectful, courteous flyer. But I've reached my limits. I'll continue to treat others with respect when I fly, but I will not submit to the humiliating and invasive scanners. I did it once, because I wanted to know what I was dealing with. It was, in a word, demoralizing.

To walk between two monolithic structures and be told to stand perfectly still, raise your hands above your head and wait made me feel as those I was waiting to be arrested, or worse, executed.

When I exited the machine I was told to wait and the agent radioed that there was a "female anomaly" and they were trying to determine if I would need a pat down. After five minutes I was allowed to go without a pat down.

I've since opted out and been subjected to very aggressive pat-downs. When you realize that you've been intimate with individuals who haven't touched you in places a government agent is now touching you it's too much.

Think about that for a minute before you say "doesn't bother me". How will it bother you when it's your lover or your mother or your child?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #55
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Do what you got to do to keep us safe. So go on and X-RAY.

Personally, every time I get on airplane, I feel as though it may be my last time on one. I hate flying and always have, even before terrorism, but it doesn't stop me from going anywhere.

It still amazes me that these huge pieces of equipment have the ability to stay up in there air. In any case, that's neither here nor there.

As far as terrorism and folks sneaking shit on planes in any way they possibly can, these scanners best be 100%. I'm sure it's going to be a matter of time before catastrophe hits again. I hope I'm wrong, but...I don't think that will be the case.

So sad what we have to do and go through because of such hate and power hungry fuckers. What the world has to come to. There will never be peace...

That's a whole other thread....
We go through this because over system of government allows lobbyists to head up federal agencies. LINK
Old 11-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #56
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Perhaps if your government wants to make you "safe" from "terrorists" it should instead explore what, exactly, it does that pisses people off so much. And then fucking stop doing that.

Last edited by betenoire; 11-16-2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: i didn't mean to quote someone
betenoire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to betenoire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #57
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

http://consumerist.com/2010/09/pregn...body-scan.html

Quote:
The two TSA agents asked me, "Why don't you want to go through this?" I said, "I don't trust it." They said, "Why don't you trust it?" I said, "I am pregnant and would rather be pat down." And they said, "Oh but you get ultrasounds, don't you?"

I answered yes and the TSA officer said, "Oh it is less than an ultrasound, and it's really easy so just go through."

The TSA officers are doctors now??

They repeated again for me to just go through the scanner and it would be done in 5 seconds. I was literally in tears because I wanted a pat-down instead of going through the machine, and I felt they declined me that option. No matter how much I pushed for a hand pat-down, they pushed harder for the machine.

Then, after I stood in the machine, the officer waiting on the other side of it patronized me by cooing, "There, that was easy, wasn't it?"

I mentioned that I was forced to do it and went to the belt to take my possessions, while tears ran from my eyes.

I really felt the TSA agents were just being lazy since a pat down obviously takes more time for them, but I also feel like when I specifically ask for something that is an option for me, I should be able to get it.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #58
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

That's bullshit. And the many of the comments on the article are so sexist. I only had to reach the first page of comments to see a bunch of jackasses going on about how her pregnancy hormones were obviously making her unreasonable.

Gross.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #59
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Please allow me this indulgence ...

This puts things into incredibly sharp focus for me.

Let's go back to the 9/11 tragedy for a moment.

How about the people in the plane that went down in the Pennsylvania field?
They did not go down instantly. Due to events that were transpiring on their plane, they had a pretty good idea they would not make it. Try and put yourself in their position for just a minute. (although that is impossible to even imagine what a horrible feeling) Those poor souls had to endure absolute fucking terror for a long time as their situation became progressively worse on their airplane.

Pretend those people had been given these two choices that day before they boarded the plane.

Keep this in mind. This is a little exercise in the absolute. There can be no what ifs, no questions, no altering of the choices, no saying this could never happen, no saying this type of guarantee could never be provided. Remember this is a hypothetical scenario, it is only pretend.
Their only two selections are listed below:
Go through what we have to undergo today in order to travel by plane. If they willingly agree to this, they are guaranteed personal safety.
Board the plane exactly as they did that day - take their chances because they are highly indignant and sick of being intimidated by terrorism.

Wonder what their choice would be.
Wonder what your choice would be.
I know what mine would be.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #60
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Sorry I don't do guilt. TSA has overreached with this. I don't easily give up my freedoms, seeing how I fought for them, and neither should you. If we do so then the terrorists have indeed won.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:

Tags
airports, backscatter, privacy, xray