Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #321
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation
Default It appears that the well may be permanently sealed...

Since the popular news is no longer following this story so intensely, I thought you might like this update from the NY Times.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 AM   #322
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Cleanup and Long Term Effects

Hi folks!!!

Science Friday had some scientists on the show July 30th.

http://www.npr.org/templates/player/...55&m=128875896
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #323
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

On one hand, I feel joy that the oil is no longer gushing from this well. On the other, I feel a sense of dred because I believe so much has been and will be swept under the carpet in terms of the real effects this will have on the Gulf.

Will this get buried under the next story of a big disater? Just because this leak is capped, does not mean there is much to do in development of ways to stop this kind of mess. Will we actually change policy and institute safe guards? or, will people forget about this just because we don't see oil floating on top of the water or the tar balls on beaches? Will people realize just how toxic this is in the long run for wildlife and the food chain if we don't have live video streams of that oil gushing? Will resources to avoid something like this again be allocated? Will deep-water drilling continue to be accepted and given approval?

Yanno.... see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil...
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #324
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
On one hand, I feel joy that the oil is no longer gushing from this well. On the other, I feel a sense of dred because I believe so much has been and will be swept under the carpet in terms of the real effects this will have on the Gulf.

Will this get buried under the next story of a big disater? Just because this leak is capped, does not mean there is much to do in development of ways to stop this kind of mess. Will we actually change policy and institute safe guards? or, will people forget about this just because we don't see oil floating on top of the water or the tar balls on beaches? Will people realize just how toxic this is in the long run for wildlife and the food chain if we don't have live video streams of that oil gushing? Will resources to avoid something like this again be allocated? Will deep-water drilling continue to be accepted and given approval?

Yanno.... see no evil, hear no evil, say no evil...
I totally agree with what you're saying here. It seems like an unfortunate reality that most of the time we only deal with the thing that's jumping up and down in front of our faces...another reason we aren't taking any significant action to prevent global warming (but that's another whole thread).
Old 08-20-2010, 08:03 AM   #325
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

i wonder how many of these are going to be found.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...46&sc=fb&cc=fp
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #326
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
i wonder how many of these are going to be found.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...46&sc=fb&cc=fp
Probably quite a few! This is so not over! I am happy that that damn well isn't gushing any longer, but, feel just as freaked as when this all began.

I hope people don't forget about this in terms of what has to happen with deep water drilling. And the Gulf people are a long ways off from any kind of security in this mess. And then there is the upcoming hurricame season that is looking pretty severe. GeezzzzzzUUUSSSS!!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #327
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

U bet when hurricane season hits, I bet a dollar to a donut it will churn up the unseen oil they say dosent exist..then what r they gonna do or say about it...oh scuse me I thought........ it was gone.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote